Telstra Gateway Max

Gateway Max 2, Gateway Max

9 questions from our users

Andrew C.

Andrew C.asked

Which telstra modem is older,
Telstra Gateway Frontier, or
Telstra Gateway Max,
Thanks Andrew

Robert john N.

Robert john N.asked

Gateway Max 2

How do i connect to foxtel wi-fi

Willem B.asked

Gateway Max 2

how do I portforward for diablo?or generally get multiplayer to work?

Marianne

Sorry, I can't help you with that question.

Willem B.

ok np I got them to remote access my computer and open some ports. fixed now

Steveasked

Gateway Max 2

How does this compare with the Gen 2 model .

I have the Telstra smart modem gen 2
Sorry

Steve

So is the Generation 2 a good thing to buy .

Paul R

Paul Rasked

Gateway Max 2

Is the blue light for the net work on the cable adapter supposed to flash all the time?

Auds

Audsasked

Gateway Max 2

Does the gateway max 2 actually make your wifi connection quicker?

Janine
Janine

Hi Auds,
In all honesty I'm unsure if the speed has increased as I was having a lot of frustration with the other modem and street issues causing dropouts. Now I have a new modem and I believe the issues for street problems has resolved it's difficult to gauge. I can confirm I have had no problems with drop out and I don't have any noticable delays connecting.

Max

Maxasked

Gateway Max

How to set up Guest WiFi?

Charles

Charlesasked

Gateway Max 2

I have one of these modems but I have this problem .Some of my devices connect wireless but cant browse ,no internet access how ever some device can browse.I have adsl and when I disconnect the adsl the modem switches to the mobile back up and then all my devices can browse ok. Switch back to adsl and some can browse and others cant.Anybody know whats going on.my asus laptop connects(wireless) and browses ok my lenovo tablet connects but wont browse my samsung tablet wont browse.switch to mobile back up and they all work.It seems to be an issue with the modem maybe a setting.Any ideas? Thanks.

Jac Wabbit
Jac Wabbit

Check to see if you're running both the 2.4 and 5ghz wifi outputs. Some devices can only use one not the other.

Mark

Markasked

Gateway Max

Can I plug in my Telstra cable into this modem to connect to the internet in place of my current Netgear modem, originally supplied by Telstra 2 years ago? If so, is it a better wireless station than the original Netgear unit?

Derek
Derek

The cable should work fine - I would say for a 2 year old unit there wouldn't be too much difference in performance. Relative to older models though, there would be a noticeable improvement. Hope that helps!

Victor
Victor

The New Modem is for NBN Connections. Probably wont work unless you are Connected to the NBN. If you are Connected to the NBN Already your Netgear modem Probably would not work.

Get an answer from our members and Telstra representatives