The Man Shake Questions & Answers

Chocolate, Banana, Vanilla, etc...

86 questions from our users

Edward J.

Edward J.asked

The Man Shake

What is the potassium level .

What a great question!

See below the theoretical potassium levels present in each Man Shake:
Man Shake Chocolate - 240 mg per serve*
Man Shake Other Flavours - 2mg per serve
*The extra potassium comes from cocoa present in the chocolate Man Shake

Please note that the mineral content of dairy products change from season to season so the true values may vary.

Can you still have a beer

Steve S.

Steve S.asked

The Man Shake

Hi guys - loving the Manshake!
Is it ok to throw in an egg to each shake?
Steve

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hey Steve, Great to hear that you are loving The Man Shake.
Yes, you sure can add an egg to your shake for extra protein!

Chris

Chrisasked

The Man Shake

How long can I have my shake pre mixed?
Can I mix it before bed and drink it at lunch the next day?

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hey Chris, you can! However, it will thicken right up. So you may need to add some more water to it.

Steven chauncy

Steven chauncyasked

The Man Shake

How much is a scoop of man powder

Johnny RAy

It is equal to a scoop of man shake powder

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi Steven, there is 28g per scoop of Man Shake.
1 serve = 56g (2 scoops)

Roslyn C.

Roslyn C.asked

The Man Shake

Hi how does the man shake go for a type 2 diabetic ?

Johnny RAy

I would check with your Doctor Roslyn as I am sure they would be able to advise you.

Hey Roslyn,
We have quite a few diabetics who use our shake due to it's low sugar levels and low GI carbohydrates.

Our Shakes contains just 2.4g of sugar per serve, which is 10x less than some other meal replacement shakes!

It has a focus on low sugar, high protein meals which will be perfect for you to keep your blood sugar stabilised.

Our recommended meal plan is also created by our accredited dietitian with a focus on low sugar, high protein meals which will be perfect for you to keep your blood sugar levels stabilised.

As you know, diabetics need a balance of healthy carbohydrates, good fats and protein which is what our shake is all about to keep blood sugar in the target range.

Can you still have a beer

Josh A

Josh Aasked

The Man Shake

How long before I want the shake should I make it, should i make it the night before or five minutes before I want to drink it?

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi Josh, we suggest that you make the shake when you want to consume the shake.
You can make it the night before, but it will thicken right up, so you may need to add more water to make it thinner

Johnny RAy

Yes when you want to drink it

Dougasked

The Man Shake

Does the shake replace all meals, i.e. can one just drink the shake and have no meals?

Bart
Bart

It’s supposed to replace two meals. Eg. Breakfast and lunch. I’ll have a shake in the morning, a snack for morning tea (some fruit or yoghurt), for lunch a shake, afternoon tea some nuts or a man bar and healthy dinner. I eat between 9.30am and 6.30pm.

Exactly what Bart said

Doug

Thanks guys! I've ordered my shakes and eager to start trying them out.

Glenda B.

Glenda B.asked

The Man Shake

Can women drink man shake, i know there is lady shake, but my son has some man shake and he doesn't like it so can i drink it

Gethro
Gethro

Glenda there is a Lady Shake also

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi Glenda. The short answer is yes!

The Man and Lady Shake are unique as they each cater to the different nutritional needs of men and women.

This is evident with the different protein blends. The men’s shake has a higher amount of protein to cater to men’s lager muscle mass. The Lady Shakes protein blend also contains collagen protein to promote healthy skin, nails and hair.

Each product also contains specific vitamins and minerals to cater for each genders needs.

The Man shake is also higher in calories, fibre and good fats based on mens higher body mass index.

However, both products are safe to use for either genders, with a lot of women (even in our office) drinking The Man Shake out of convenience.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Keith C.

Keith C.asked

The Man Shake

I have made choc brownies do I eat them as a snack or a meal can you give me a break down carbs suger etc thanks

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi Keith. The choc brownies are intended as a snack. If you need to know more about them, would you like to email us at customerservice@themanshake.com.au and we will see how we can help!
Regards
TMS

Dave T.

Dave T.asked

The Man Shake

The variety pack you can buy at Coles does the shaker come with it ?

Peter and Judy Hannah

Peter and Judy Hannahasked

The Man Shake

After putting off buying the shake for quite a while, I bought the banana version and the flowery texture of the residue is very off-putting. Why can't you make it a smooth texture? I have tried soda water and even banana in the shake to try and make it drinkable. Not impressed! Even leaving it sit for 5 - 10 minutes doesn't help.

Brad Thomas
Brad Thomas

I found that with the banana as well. The chocolate is heaps better.

Thanks Brad. Will try that.

Pat S.

Pat S.asked

The Man Shake

I have received my next batch of bags and the scoops are larger than the previous ones.
Why is this?
The product bags seem identical.
I purchased both the Vanilla and the Coffee and both have the larger scoops.
Thanks.
Pat

Jesse R.The Man Shake

We notice there has been some confusion around the scoop in The Lady Shake Bags. Firstly we can assure you that all bags are individually weighed correctly before dispatch and in fact an extra allowance of powder is allowed for spillage so our customers actually receive slightly more than the 840g (15 serves).

The reason that we have now moved to a new smaller scoop is as a result of the drought. The drought has meant we have had to source the dairy ingredients in our product from a new farm and this dairy is more dense and settles in the bag after production more than previously. Therefore this has meant that we have had to provide a new scoop to match this new dairy so please rest assure this is the correct scoop for our most recently manufactured products.

The scoop whilst now smaller most importantly still weighs 28g as the dairy powder is now more dense, therefore please use two scoops (56g) per serving.

Please take comfort that the different between the scoop is only 3g and has no impact of your weight loss plan or goals.

Tony S.

Tony S.asked

The Man Shake

I have tried to log in and want to start the program with my wife but unable to put an order thru Help me to help you

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi Tony. Can you please call us on (02) 4040 5997 during business hours Mon-Fri and we will be happy to help you! TMS

Vytauras K.
Vytauras K.

The phone line is never attended. Tried multiple times on various days. It is simply misleading to advise people "please call us and we will be happy to help you"...

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi there, we are experiencing a high volume of phone calls. We do ask that you follow the prompts and leave a message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

John G.asked

Can you tell if it is ok for72yr old

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi John! Sure is! Our program is full of all the good stuff you need! Will definitely help someone as young as you

John G.

ok thanks I will give it some thought cheers.

Stefan S.

Stefan S.asked

The Man Shake

Hi, so I know for my body weight and height that my daily calorie intake should be about 2750 maintain, so when I work out at the gym I was told by many nutritionist that I should be at about 2300 - 2500 calories, but when you look at the meal plans you have each day only equal about 1500 for a man, which is pretty low. Shouldn't the shake be higher in calories since it's a meal replacement and not meals are about 4-500 calories per meal ?

Andrew B.
Andrew B.

I think the shakes are made so that you have a calorie deficit and that helps you loose weight. I am not a dietitian or nutritionist so you would be best to take the professionals advice.

Hey Stefan,
Adam is a believer in focusing on the nutritional benefits of the foods you are eating and not simple calories.

Calories in a protein like the Man Shake compared to, say carbohydrates in cereal are both going to cause a total different effect on your body, from hormones to metabolic expenditure and your health.

Focus on getting the required (controlled) portions your body needs from the right foods and not calories.

As Andrew mentioned, our meal plans are designed to help loose weight with a calorie deficit with little exercise.

If you follow a meal plan that is about 2300 - 2500 calories, you will be maintaining your muscle mass. Which is why your nutritionist would have suggested this.

In saying this, you can work The Man Shake into any diet/workout plan, regardless of the calories. You can follow a 2300 - 2500 calories meal plan and still loose weight and maintain your muscle mass by the intensity of your gym workouts. (calories in VS calories out)

Check out Adam's blogs for more information:

Frank

Frankasked

The Man Shake

What are the ingredients? Is it suitable for type 2 diabetics?

Look on their website.

Aakash S.

Aakash S.asked

The Man Shake

If I have it for breakfast and dinner, and not having any Carbs or fat for lunch, would it be possible to lose 7-10 kgs in 30 days. I would also be exercisng or running every day.

WayneJ

You need fruit, vegetables and protein as well.

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi Aakash, we do have a guide book that will give you hints and tips to how to take the shake and what to eat for your main meal and snacks. We recommend following a healthy meal plan with good carbs, good fats and high protein. If you need any more information please email customerservice@themanshake.com.au

Neal Hotham
Neal Hotham

I'm 9 weeks in following this plan and I am down from 128kg to 112.9 kg as of yesterday morning. I try and walk on the local beach around 2.5k's twice a week. 7 kg in 30 days is certainly achievable if you stick to the recommended food plan.

I use 200 ml of almond milk unsweetened and 200 ml water into my shake. If you just use water you'll trim faster.

Aakash S.

Aakash S.asked

The Man Shake

Is it fine to add milk and a little bit of sugar for the shake ? Will that work or will it not make any point of having the shake ? I will be having it for breakfast and Dinner. For lunch I will stick only to fruits or vegetables and make sure I don't have any Carbs and fat. How effective will that be ?

WayneJ

Why would you want to add sugar? It is sweet enough and you don’t need milk. You also need fats and carbs in your diet. Just fruits and vegetables I believe is not enough. You need proteins, like fish and chicken. Mu opinion only.

MOHAMMED

MOHAMMEDasked

The Man Shake

How do you make the shake so it is not sticky?

Jesse R.The Man Shake

he great news is there areplenty of things you can do to change the taste and texture of the Shakes, so give them a try and let me know how you go.

You can add a handful of frozen berries, 1/2 a banana or some mango.
You can also have the shake with milk (full cream) to change the flavour. Steer away from skim milk as it is higher in sugar. Unsweetened almond milk is another option for you.

Worst case scenario you can have 1 scoop of powder instead of 2.

I hope that you try these things as our Shakes are definitely the best meal replacement on the market from a nutritional point of view you just need to find the best way to make it work for you as taste is so subjective!

Let me know how you go and if I can help you further.

Have a great day.

The Man Shake and Lady Shake Team

David

Davidasked

The Man Shake

If i want to loose 18 kilos how long do i need to drink man shake twice a day for .when i have reached my weight goal how do i maintain my goal weight .

Jesse R.The Man Shake

Hi David. This is a realistic goal! As everyone is different, I can not estimate exactly how long this weight loss will take. Maybe 3-6 months.....
Once you have reached your goal weight you cut back to one shake per day to maintain your frame

Get an answer from our members and The Man Shake representatives