3TP-Link AC1600 Archer VR1600v

Graham M.

can it run wireguard.archer vr 1600 v 1.1

Sam M.
Sam M.

I have a VR1600v and am trying to get a reasonable speed on starlink. so far it’s never more than 5mbps. Starlink is in Bypass Mode, the tp-link has just been reset but nothing makes the speed anything close to the starlink speed from its router (from 1ft away). The tp-link has been fine otherwise but fixed wireless on the NBN is max 20mbps. Hence the upgrade to starlink bit so far its only gone backwards.

TP-Link   DM

Hello, have you called the support line or tried TP-Link live chat to resolve? Some helpful links below. Thank you.
external link

Janice
Janice

I have an Archer VR1600v modem and I have been trying to connect it to a tp-link RE305 mesh wifi extender but I can't get it to work. Is that extender not compatible? Thanks

TP-Link   DM

Hi, the re305 works with any router, should be compatible, here's a link to our support page if you need more help. external link

JJJ
JJJ

Can I use TP-link Archer VR1600v by TPG with Optus NBN?

TP-Link   DM

Yes. You should check your NBN type to see if you need a router or modem router. This device is a modem router, and can be used in router only mode, so it would work. Thanks.

Bruce S
Bruce S

TP-Link Archer VR1600v does not have Telephony option on Advanced tab. Please explain how I can get land-line phone working with this modem. I was with TPG, who say "Thanks for your email. For your home phone in order to work better to contact your new provider. TPG provided modem is set with the TPG home phone settings, you can reset the modem and set your new providers settings for the phone line to work." Please advise how to "reset the modem".

calvin k.
calvin k.

I have the same problem. Did you get it fixed?

Lee Q.
Lee Q.

Is this router/modem good for gaming?
Because I get ALOT OF PING

TP-Link   DM

This device is designed for everyday internet use. Depending on your internet service type, provider and speed you may fins it is sufficient for online gaming. There are some other products designed for gaming, like the TP-Link gaming routers, it might be worth considering those options too. Thanks for getting in touch.

Hi,
My Avast software is warning me that I should close an open port on my TP-Link (Archer_VR1600v) router as it is vulnerable to attack. How do I do this?
Ray

Solanki
Solanki

Hi Ray I'm not sure about your closing port as it's generally default. But I did manage to get the modem firmware upgrade link from TPG/innet & it did help me you may want to check if your modem firmware is upgraded. This is what I was sent when I called my Ex provider.

DISCLAIMER:
This link is NOT in any way related with iiNet or TPG, only sending this as per callers demand. We take no responsibility for the contents and effects of this link.

H Solanki,
Thanks for the reply. I got a bit nervous about using this link after it took a long time checking out my browser. Not sure what was going on.
Ray

Hi guys,

Got this device directly from TP-Link and at least once each week the internet dies and requires a reset of the router. Sometimes it is the whole thing that dies, sometimes just wireless or sometimes just ethernet.

Have you guys got a firmware update out for this because it is royally pissing me off, otherwise I'll submit a warranty claim as it is getting a bit beyond a joke.

Mark
Mark

I had one of those and ended up chucking it in the bin. When I had access control on, speed dropped 90%. Contacted TPG and TP-Link, both wouldn't help. There are no firmware updates for this piece of crap.
Best thing to do for your sanity is to get rid of it and buy another router. That's what I did, also on the new router I enabled daily reboots, this keeps it from slowing down.
Goodluck!

Aussiebloke34

Yeah mine isn't an ISP branded one, got it sent directly from TP-Link so might vary a little in the way there should be firmware updates (you'd hope) otherwise I'll send it back and get a refund.

Thanks for the reply :)

TP-Link   DM

Hi Mark, I am sorry for the inconvenience. Can you kindly contact our technical support team on 02 8677 1553? Routers should not need regular rebooting, this is sometimes caused by device settings or can be another issue. We are happy to assist you and look into the problem to see if there is anything that we can do to help, if it does turn out the device is faulty we can help you to get a replacement quickly, sorry for the inconvenience.

Jun Wang
Jun Wang

The DSL light on my modem is off, but the Internet light is on. Excuse me, is it normal?

Sean

I have just installed the TP-Link VR1600v replacement modem. My telephone handset (wireless) no longer works. can you assist

Phillip S.
Phillip S.

No....don't touch it, it's a $60 load of electronic garbage _ pay a few bucks more and buy a NetGear or similar - Kin regards,

TP-Link   DM

Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience. Please call our technical team on 02 8677 1553 and they will help to get you up and running, thanks and have a great day.

Sean

Thanks for getting back to me. Had a great experience with your technical team. Assisted in resolving issue and followed up a few days later to ensure all was working. Great service

TP-Link   DM

Thank you! Glad to hear and happy it is working for you. If you experience any more difficulties please call for assistance. Have a great day.
Regards, TP-Link Australia.

fptr
fptr

if u do buy a netgear dont use the genie u will have problems with your vpn

Su-wen L.
Su-wen L.

What is best device to use to extend signal range of this modem? Is it onemesh compatible?

cazandco
cazandco

Hello there, there numerous ways to extend the range. The two main ways are using another wireless router to receive and re transmit the signal. In my house I ran a cat 6a cable from a network port on the TP link router to the other end of my house where I have a netgear switch with wi fi . From this switch I also feed my TV and recorder for Netflix etc. I cannot answer about one mesh compatibility, sorry

TP-Link   DM

Hi, thanks for your question and thanks to cazandco for providing an answer. Yes there are multiple ways to extend range though, you could consider a range extender or a powerline adapter. Unfortunately this device does not support OneMesh. Thanks.

Adrian

I have a tp-link vr1600v and would like to know what direction the WIFI signal travels out of the modem. would the signal travel out forward from the face of it or travel out in a sideways direction just tying to figure out the best possible way to face the modem

Aussiebloke34

It's not directional. It is more like a circle as it comes out of the router. The same way all around the device.

Thanks mate

Gerard
Gerard

Will not connect to range extender

TP-Link   DM

Hi Gerard, our Sydney tech team can help? There are multiple ways to connect. Please call our team on 02 8677 1553 and they will help you to get your range extender connected. Sorry about the inconvenience. Many Thanks and have a great day.

cbrett

Is there a replacement for the VR1600v Mod./Rout. as latest firmware has omitted the VPN setup. Can the VR1600v be upgraded with a third party VPN (ExpressVPN)? Can another Modem with Voip be pursued/purchased?

TP-Link   DM

Thanks for getting in touch. Has this modem router been provided by your ISP (internet provider) as this function is often customised by the provider. If you have purchased this device at a retail store on online retailer this function will not be restricted. You can also call our tech team on 02 8677 1553 and they can assist further. Sorry for the inconvenience.

cbrett

Hi Sean thanks for your reply mate. Yes was provided by my ISP (TPG) and yes i have just found out that you are right they have their own voip setup on this unit. This is a disaster for alot of their customers who have been given this mod/rout. I have been in touch with Express VPN and they say they can put a vpn to cover this modem point not inside the firmware which is good only now we have to pay for the service. Thanks again Sean for your input..great stuff. Chris

TP-Link   DM

Hi Chris, You are welcome and thanks for taking the time to post and to reply, will pass your feedback on to the team. All the best. Kind Regards, Sean

Zorro
Zorro

Does anyone know the number of wireless devices the Archer VR1600V can support simultaneously (mixed 2.4 GHz and 5GHz)

beebeegee
beebeegee

Not sure what your real question is. Virtually any routers will 'connect' to as many devices as you want to connect to them as long as there are IP addresses available. The question on how that goes is what those devices are doing. If you have 5 all streaming 4K HDR vidoes it is different from 20 doing web browsing. In a practical sense most people are limited by their NBN connection, not the router, unless they have their own local content servers in their own network (eg in-house). After familiarity with the VR600v I am very happy with all aspects for telephone, internet speeds, and so on.

JamesB
JamesB

WPS button doesn't seem to work. Am trying to connect to a tplink range extender, however this isn't working.

d.clarke
d.clarke

hi my vr1600v wps button on top of router when pushed do not light up on led front is it a fault or do i need to do something else ps i have no disc thanks dan

woser
woser

I suggest to a high-end vdsl modem/router compatible with NBN service and we will provide you the required settings to access the internet : https://clicksud.mobi/

Note: VoIP service will only work using our supplied modem/router

Steve C
Steve C

I need to press the WPS button on V1600 modem to connect my USB wifi adaptor to my desktop computer but cannot find such a button. What do I need to press and how close does the adaptor and v1600 need to be together

Aussie

Don't know what adapter you mean but any settings such asWPS is made by going into the router . Type 192.168.1.1 (the default IP to access the admin interface) in the address bar of your internet browser to access the router's web-based user

Kirra J.

I need a replacement Archer VR1600v modem but TPG are going to take a couple of weeks to deliver it. Are there interchangeable modems that run TBG NBN that I can buy from a physical store to get one sooner?

Neil

You can buy lots of different Modems from any store selling such stuff. Will be better too. The vr1600 is a pretty cheap modem

Thanks Neil.

Aussie

Most of the time you will get the router in a few days , They say that to cover their butt. And worth the wait as it is plug and play so easy to setup in 2 minutes.

Londy

I want to run google nest wifi - but it has its own router (which must be used) how do I disable the router function - but still allow the modem capability to work ?

Neil

you can just login into the TP-link at 192.168.1.1. click on Wireless and disable both the 2.4GHz and 5ghz. Or you can just leave on - then you will have two wifi netwrods - the TP link and the google - but that sometimes might cause interference. I would suggest setting up the google. leave for a day or two to make sure all ok and then disable.

ok thanks - I will give that a go

Get an answer from our members and TP-Link representatives