Uniden Premium DECT 31xx Series

34 questions from our users

Bob G.

Bob G.asked

Premium DECT 3135+1

Can I register a DECT 3135+1 handset on to a DECT 1735+3 base?

Heather

Heatherasked

Premium DECT 3135+1

My DECT 3135 has suddenly started making a high pitched repetitive screeching sound as anyone tries to leave a message. You can talk through it, but no one is inclined to do so. Any suggestions, I have disconnected & reconnected but it continues.

Ian Bootasked

DECT 3115+1 built in timer terminates call during long conversations, can timing be altered?

Ian Boot

None obvious from the owners manual as the calls being cut off are not overseas ones. However it may be that I have to alter the setting in the 'Globel' setup, so I shall try that on one phone, as any changes there should take care of the three identical phones on our domestic setup.

Woomeraasked

Premium DECT 3135+1

Can I purchase an additional handset for a DECT 3135? I saw a handset for DECT 3136. Would that work with my phone

Uniden A.Uniden

The additional handset you will need is the DECT3105.

Unfortunately, as your model has been discontinued we no longer stock the parts in relation.

You can, however, try online sites like; Ebay, Gumtree, etc.

The DECT3136 additional handset will not work with your model.

Margaret K.

Margaret K.asked

Premium DECT 3115+1

When entering a new name in the phone book, how do I put a space between the first name and the surname?

Hi Margaret,

You can press the hash key to input a space.

JEtasked

Premium DECT 3135+1

My answering has stopped taking messages. When a caller rings in they are told “the person you are calling is not available”. Can you help?

Uniden A.Uniden

It seems like you have the feature 'Announce Only' activated. This only announces a greeting but does not take messages.

You can deactivate this feature through the following steps;

Scroll down to Answering Setup
Scroll down to Record Time
Scroll down to either 1min or 4mins
Press MENU
Press END two times to exit

JEt

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion but it did not work. I cannot understand how the feature ‘Announce Only’ would switch from the ‘Record Message’ feature after working perfectly since we installed the phones.
We have recently had NBN connected, I wonder if that caused the problem. Any ideas?

Uniden A.Uniden

It seems like there might be a Message Bank activated on your line by your Service Provider.
The only default greeting we provide with the phone is the automated male American voice.
Anything different that is heard, when calling in, will be the Message Bank service on the line.

Can you adjust the ring time on the phone to test if there is an active Message Bank/Voicemail?

This can help override the Message Bank that May be active. The way you are able to manually adjust the ring time on the phone, your service provider can also adjust the ring time on their end. If their Message Bank is set to a default of 7 rings you can decrease the ring time on the phone to allow our Answering Machine greeting to cut in.

Please ensure that the landline is free before going through the following steps;

Scroll down to ANSWER Setup
Scroll down to RING TIME
Scroll down to 6
Press MENU to save

After you have set this in, can you please try calling from your mobile and leave a message?

You should be able to hear the message come through.

You can choose to leave it with a shorter ring time at 6 or you can contact your service provider to deactivate the message bank on the line so that you can have a longer ring time and the messages will come directly to your answering machine base.

RAS

RASasked

Premium DECT 3135+1

Recently my VOIP connection failed while receiving a call on my 3135+2. After I rebooted my gateway modem, the charging indicator light began flashing on all my 3135 handsets. To fix this I disconnected the power adapter on the base station for a minute or so. All now OK. This fault is not mentioned in the Owner's Manual. How come?

Uniden A.Uniden

Thank you for your review.

Usually, the red light on the phone will be flashing for two reasons.
There is a new message on the answering machine
There is a new voicemail message on a Voicemail box that has been activated on the line by the service provider. (There are two Voicemails that they provide; Message Bank and Voicemail on Call Waiting.)
If there are no messages on your answering machine base, you will need to contact your service provider to retrieve the messages on the line.

Once this is done, the flashing light will stop, message icon will disappear and the dial tone will revert back to normal.

ron b.

ron b.asked

Can't get my dect-3135 +2 to make/receive calls..tried lotsa stuff...no go...help please.?

Mustangsally

Ron if no handsets can make or receive calls possible soloutions is check the telephone cord connection, disconnect the base AC adapter for a few minutes ,then re connect it.
if it's just 1 handset not receive or make calls move handset closer to base

Hi Ron,

Can you please confirm the setup of the phone?

Is it connected to a standard line connection in the wall or to a modem like NBN?

coral ritchie

coral ritchieasked

Is the 3135 uniden compatible with NBN

Hi Coral,

Yes, the DECT3135 has been tested to work with the NBN.

Lucho Polevi

Lucho Poleviasked

Premium DECT 3135+1

Can I register a DECT3035+2 on a DECT3135+2 base?

Hi Lucho,

Thank you for your review.

Unfortunately, both models are not compatible and won't be able to link together to work.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shane

Shaneasked

phone only rings twice then stops I think it is call forward how do I turn call forwarding off ?

Hi Shane,

Call Forwarding/ Call Divert on your phone is a feature that is set up and provided to you by your service provider. (Telstra, Optus, etc)

For Telstra assistance, you can see the following link for reference;

For Optus assistance, you can see the following link for reference;

For other service providers, you will need to contact them directly on how to activate Call Forwarding / Call Divert.

Mustangsally

call forwarding,is set up by your provider, they will cancel it ,I suggest to phone your prvider and tell them the problem and they will be able to help you.

ripperritaasked

Premium DECT 3135+1

red light continually flashing have replaced batteries?

Mustangsally

the red light should stay on all the time.when you lift the phone up from the cradle it goes off.
Have you tried cleaning the contacts of the base and the phone where it sits on the base .I use a rubber (pencil) ones I clean mine once a month .they get dirt on them. the other thing you can do is google Uniden Premiun Dect 3135 Owner manual and you can bookmark it.
If this does not help sorry I have no other ideas.

Thank, you will try

frog

frogasked

Premium DECT 3135

how to get the answering service to work?

john

johnasked

keep getting "this operation cannot be completed a this time" when try to listen to voicemail what's happening?

Tiger

Tigerasked

Premium DECT 3115+1

How do I extend ring time before going to voicemail

Karen C

Karen Casked

Premium DECT 3135+1

Can you turn off voice mail on the uniden sect 3135 phone?

Judee

Judeeasked

Premium DECT 3135

When I press the number buttons they do not make any noise - how do I get the sound back on it?

tony

tonyasked

Cant play my messages back
Any suggestions?

ron g

ron gasked

Premium DECT 3135+1

What is the usual standby time for a uniden 3135 1 cordless phone?

Pamela Green

Pamela Greenasked

Premium DECT 3115

When someone calls my phone plays my message, but does not record an incoming message. What can I do?

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives