Weber Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Weber Family Q Standard (Q3100) Questions & Answers

LPG, Natural Gas

77 questions from our users

Tony
Tonyasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.

Michelle
Michelle asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Thanks Michelle

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?

My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.

If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to social@weberbbq.com.au and we can figure out the issue there.

Cass L
Cass Lasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100) Natural Gas

Can I convert this to use gas bottles - if so where do I get the items from (Glen Iris Victoria)?

Samantha
Samanthaasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I’ve purchased a cover and griddle plate that fits “3000 series”. Just wondering if this is the correct size for the Q3100. I might need to exchange?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Samantha, no you've got the right size. The 3000 series refers to all Family Q barbecues in the range, including the Q3100 and 3200.

len
lenasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi my name is len from ACT my q3100 as lost thee markings on the dials, the agent here dosent carry any where do i purches two cant live with out my weber

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Len, happy to help- if you give us a call on 1300301290 with your serial number handy, we can help you with a new control knob

Gav
Gavasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi, what is the cost to upgrade to a 3200 lid? Purchased and assembled the 3100 but it hasn't been used as yet.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Gav, it's around $200au but if you give us a call on 1300301290 with your serial number we can give you an accurate quote.

geraldine f.
geraldine f.asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Why hasn’t my new webber 3100 got a thermometer in it.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Geraldine, we have two options in our Q range; standard and premium.

The Family Q3100 is our standard option, which does not have a thermometer in the lid.
The Premium version (Q3200) will have the the thermometer.

Premium range is sold through Weber Specialist Dealers and Weber Stores only

Trung N.
Trung N.asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi I had weber family Q standard (q3100). Igniter was malfunction. Where can i buy the igniter module to change out. Thanks.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Trung, if you still need help, call us on 1300301290 and we can send a new one out. Alternatively, message us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/weberBBQAusNZ

Di S.
Di S.asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi ,we have a 3100 family bbq,can we add a rotisserie to this,does part number 17582 fit it?Thank you,Dianne.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Di, yes this rotisserie will fit your barbecue.

Julie
Julieasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi I bought the Weber Q3100 expecting that it would have a thermostat but to my disappointment it doesn't have one.
Can I buy a thermostat and install it myself? Would it cause any issues with the operation of the bbq?

Wilson
Wilson

Hi only the Q premiums have a thermostat. They’re more pricey. You can purchase thermostats but I’m not sure what this would do to the functionality of the bbq if you installed it. Another option is a portable thermostat to check the temperature of the bbq, that way you wouldn’t damage the hood.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Julie, there are a couple of options. Is it still in the box? Is there an option to return it and then purchase a premium model at our specialist dealers or weber stores?

Otherwise, if it is built and not been used, we do have the option to pay for an upgraded lid. We'd need a photo of the current barbecue you have showing that it's not been used, along with the serial number (white label on the back of the Q).

we don't recommend installing a thermometer yourself as you can damage the lid when you insert it, and the height of the Standard Q lids isn't tall enough to give you an accurate reading- it will get heat from the grill and show hotter than the Q is.

Ankurasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi there, we recently bought the Family Q without the thermometer on the lid - how can I measure the grill/bbq temperature? I understand the iGrill mini and iGrill 2 come with meat probes so will only measure meat temperature but not cooking temp in the grill? any other way to get a thermometer in there?

Ankur

If I buy the iGrill 2, can I put one probe in the meat and one somewhere else in the grill?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Ankur, you can certainly use an iGrill with your barbecue- if you want to measure both the meat and the barbecue at the same time, you'll need to look at the iGrill 2, as this has 4 probe ports (the mini only has 1).

To measure the temperature of the barbecue, you'll need a type of probe called an ambient probe, which we sell here: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/cooking/igrill-and-thermometers/weber-igrill-ambient-probe/7212.html#q=ambient&lang=en_AU&start=1

You can use that probe in conjunction with a meat probe :)

Ankur

Ok. Quite an expensive way to get there :). Is there an alternate way even if its not 'Weber' branded?

kenasked

can you put two full plates in a weber 3100

Patrick

Hi Ken, yep you sure can. Or a combo if you prefer. Plates cost around $80.

ken

Cheers for that went to buy two yesterday but got told by checkout my weber would explode with two in it now i I know wont cheers Ken

Patrick

Ken, dimensions wise it would fit, but I didn’t think of air circulation and build up of gases if that’s what your getting at. Maybe speak with Weber. Sorry for any confusion

Craig. E
Craig. Easked

Hi l have a Q3100 will a lid from a Q3200 with a thermometer fit it
Thanks Craig

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Craig, yes it will fit. The cookbox is the same size for both models.

Dawnasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have a Weber family Q for over 10 years. It doesn’t have a thermometer but I’d like to cook a roast of beef in it. Where should I have the gauge set please?

Ted
Ted

This may help (a little)...

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Dawn, thanks for your question. You should have instructions that came with your Q that show what's known as the roasting setting. If you no longer have these instructions, this page here gives you everything you need to know about roasting/baking on your Q: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/blog/news/roasting-and-baking-faqs-weber-q/weber-238954.html

Dawn

Thank you my roast turned out amazingly!

Eugene G.
Eugene G.asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Bought Q3100 model and when installing noticed no temperature gauge. Extremely surprised that for the price paid there was none.
Question - Can I replace the lid for the one that does have it and pay the difference? Temperature is absolutely everything in bbq and I would have not purchased it if I knew that it came without it.
P.S. My brother has the same model for many years and it came with the thermostat included. Brilliant bbq and that is why i invested into one, but mine is without thermostat is making it obsolete.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Eugene, thanks for your question. We have two model types in our Q range- Standard and Premium. Depending on where you purchased your Q from, the retailer may have one range available or both.

It is not essential to have the thermometer in the lid as all of our recipes are written to go by setting & time rather than by temperature. If you do want to know the temperature, you have the option of buying a new lid via our customer service team on 1300 301 290 OR you can look at our thermometer accessory range which includes the iGrills, Instant Read Thermometers and Snapcheck thermometers.

If you purchased your barbecue with the expectations of it being the premium model and you were given the incorrect model, then that is something that you need to discuss with the place of purchase.

Thanks Eugene.

Brad
Bradasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi I would like to buy a family Weber but I need to be able to sit it on my outdoor kitchen bench. Can you buy them without the cart like the 2000 and the baby? Or is there a way I can use it without the cart?

Chickie
Chickie

Why don’t you contact the place that sells them?

Mark Taylor
Mark Taylorasked

Weber Family Q (Q3100) Gas Barbecue igniter not working

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Mark, that's not good to hear! Call us on 1300 301 290 and we can sort out a replacement igniter kit for you.

Stuart P.asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi! I've just bought a Weber family Q 3100. Are there attachments for this BBQ so I can use a wok on it? (There's one for the Weber Spirit, but I can't tell if they'll work for the Q3100 family) Stuart

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Stuart, there are no grills (like the Spirit and other Premium Gas barbecues) that has a GBS grill, which is what you need to have a wok sit inside the grill near the flames.

If you want to create stir fry on the Q's, we suggest you use something like our Q Ware Frying Pan :)https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/preparation-and-serving/specialty-accessories/q-ware-frying-pan-large/991155.html#q=frying%2Bpan&lang=en_AU&start=1

Stuart P.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate your help

Maxieasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

i'm trying to complete the warranty card and can't find the serial number. could you please advise where to look for it?

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Maxie, the serial number will be on the back of the frame on a white sticker. If it's not on the frame, it will be under the side tables. It's also on the front of the owner's guide you would have got with your barbecue.

Maxie

Thanks team, found label on back of frame well done.

Ray
Rayasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi I just brought a 3100 w today , and just assembled it . Was wondering are the four screws in the pre assembled BBQ base mento be tight or loose cheers

See all Weber Family Q Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Other Gas BBQs