White Knight Paints

White Knight Paints Questions & Answers

61 questions from our users

Jan Harris
Jan Harrisasked

I have used White Knight Laminate on my bench before, I sanded it, sprayed with Laminate cleaner and low and behold it is still tacky after 2.5 days, some parts of it is dry but other not. Why is this so and what must I do to correct it. I would appreciate your answer urgently.

skinny
skinnyasked

OK, so I used White Knight Hi-Temp spray paint on the bowl of a Weber-style barbecue. (After several years of use, the original black paint had gone soft and gooey). I carefully prepped the bowl by scraping/sanding/grinding off the old (failed) paint to shiny bare metal, and roughed it up with emery paper. I sprayed multiple coats, waiting the required time between each coat. A week later we used the barby to cook lamb chops. Afterwards when I cleaned it, I found that the new paint had gone soft and sticky, just like the original paint had done..

What did do that was wrong?

Peter A.
Peter A.asked

Is gloss bergundy still available in spray can

Jase M.asked

i find it interesting that apparently these reviews are monitored by White Knight’ representatives yet there are never any responses- no sorry, no ... how can we help, what can we do to make it better- total silence!

liddy
liddyasked

Would White Knight “ Squirts” spray paint (Gloss Clear ) protect a newly sanded Pine table top from Water and Wine spills ?

Jase M.

I d ask at a few reputable paint shops for an alternative. White knight products are horrible and ruin everything g they touch.

macca
maccaasked

can you use Knights Laminate paint on wood as my kitchen doors have a wood strip in the centre of the Laminate

Mon
Monasked

Is the White Knight "Squirts" safe for Bird Cages?

Wikitoria W.
Wikitoria W.

Did you find anything safe for bird cages in the end?

Hendo1103
Hendo1103asked

I used white knight Tub & Basin paint to freshen up my Bathroom basin, in just over 6 months it has peeled off already

Hendo1103
Hendo1103asked

I used white knight Tub & Basin paint to freshen up my Bathroom basin, in just over 6 months it has started to peel off, not happy as this cot $80 for one tin.

Robyn A.asked

I have timber pantry doors which have been previously painted with enamel paint. Can I use white knight laminate paint to repaint Pantry doors after sanding and undercoating

Melbourner
Melbourner

Hi Robyn,
I’d head on down to a proper paint shop & ask some of the staff there.
Somewhere like Paint Spot or Haynes would probably be quite a good source of information.
Hope this helps :-)

thankyou

Johnasked

After 40 hours strokes oil based enamel painted over previously varnished pine is still tacky.
I sanded the surface as per instructions and cleaned well, average temperature is around 22 degrees C.
Should I wait further or scrub off the paint and start again?

Andrew W.
Andrew W.

Sounds like it might have been applied a bit too thick but it's probably just a crap paint formula. I would wait until it fully dries before doing anything. I'm not sure, personally I stopped using White Knights when they moved production to China and changed the formula. Ever since they did that (without notice) I've stopped using it because it's total crap and we shouldn't have to pay the same price for this deceitful company to get away with it and profit from. Then we as workers have to spend all our time fixing our work because of their incompetence. I used the paint for over 10 years then had to stop because it just wouldn't work well enough for me since the change and was slowing me down. Don't buy it. And if you have some cans already take them back and demand a refund. It's the only way they will learn.

John

I think it is a bit of both. I put unit out in sun for a while and it did dry off. I put a second coat on and don't seem to have much control of thickness. Last time I will be using this product.

Andrew M
Andrew Masked

Can I thin, What do I thin with, and how much can I thin, White Knight Rust Guard TRUE BITE Primer ?

Garry.
Garry.asked

I have just used White Knight Tub & basin on my vanity unit. I ended up with a lot of brush marks as the
paint was drying very quickly. I have only applied the first coat. Am I able to sand the first coat before I apply the top coat ?

Bronwyn G
Bronwyn Gasked

What is the lowest weather temperature you can use White Night Strokes oil based enamel? Or ideal temperature to stop it running?

Kim dasked

After painting my bath with white knight tub and basin paint can I stand in the bath after 12 hours to paint a wall?

Kim dasked

When i have painted my bath with your product after 12hours can i Stand in the bath to paint a wall ?

Why?

Tinny
Tinnyasked

Hi can u have a bath in a bath that’s been painted with white knight tub & basin. Just concerned as I assume it’s not non-toxic. Thanks

Santo cilmiasked

reasons why when applying Rust Gard Epoxy Enamel spray paint after 28 hours,it is not quite touch dry

Santo cilmi

I applied on a slightly rusted security door screen previously painted. Before repainting, I brushed on White King Rust Remover. I waited 24 hour before I wiped clean, then I proceeded painting.

JimK
JimKasked

I have made a wooden carved jewelry box and have been experimenting with White Knight Super Gold pressure pack paint. I am very impressed with the result but I would like to coat it with a clear film paint because I have found the gold paint is very easy to scratch or wear away with handeking. Can you recommend a product which will not change the gold luster?

Emily Jane C.

White Knight Super Gold won’t set well on anything - it just doesn’t. They do make an enamel paint that gives a similar efffect for small projects. However, if you need to use the spray I’ve got it to set and seal like this
1. Doing proper prep work: Lightly sanding, then vacuuming up wood filings and a wipe over using isopropyl. If metal using rust remover first.
2. Wood - using another spray paint as a primer - Kryolan 18ct Gold Spray paint 2 light coats gave the best results for me on wood and even plastic. Rustoleum Gold best on metal. Give each coat a day to dry.
3. Do 2-3 VERY light coats of the White Knight Gold. Leave 36 hours between coats and 72 after the final one.
Obviously this is a lot of effort and takes a week. Results were worth it for me - there’s no other true metallic paint like this. The above steps are enough for most items. If you want to you can use any brand of clear high gloss varnish or spray - I’ve used a bunch. You do lose some of the bright real metallic effect and it doesn’t seal all items. Plus sometimes it will make all the Super Gold literally melt away.

Emily Jane C.

Forgot - leave a full week without handling to totally cure

Gordon
Gordonasked

Can I paint tiles that have already been painted?

Get an answer from our members and White Knight representatives