White Knight Paints

White Knight Paints Questions & Answers

53 questions from our users

Hendo1103

Hendo1103asked

I used white knight Tub & Basin paint to freshen up my Bathroom basin, in just over 6 months it has started to peel off, not happy as this cot $80 for one tin.

Robyn A.asked

I have timber pantry doors which have been previously painted with enamel paint. Can I use white knight laminate paint to repaint Pantry doors after sanding and undercoating

Melbourner
Melbourner

Hi Robyn,
I’d head on down to a proper paint shop & ask some of the staff there.
Somewhere like Paint Spot or Haynes would probably be quite a good source of information.
Hope this helps :-)

thankyou

Johnasked

After 40 hours strokes oil based enamel painted over previously varnished pine is still tacky.
I sanded the surface as per instructions and cleaned well, average temperature is around 22 degrees C.
Should I wait further or scrub off the paint and start again?

Andrew W.
Andrew W.

Sounds like it might have been applied a bit too thick but it's probably just a crap paint formula. I would wait until it fully dries before doing anything. I'm not sure, personally I stopped using White Knights when they moved production to China and changed the formula. Ever since they did that (without notice) I've stopped using it because it's total crap and we shouldn't have to pay the same price for this deceitful company to get away with it and profit from. Then we as workers have to spend all our time fixing our work because of their incompetence. I used the paint for over 10 years then had to stop because it just wouldn't work well enough for me since the change and was slowing me down. Don't buy it. And if you have some cans already take them back and demand a refund. It's the only way they will learn.

John

I think it is a bit of both. I put unit out in sun for a while and it did dry off. I put a second coat on and don't seem to have much control of thickness. Last time I will be using this product.

Andrew M

Andrew Masked

Can I thin, What do I thin with, and how much can I thin, White Knight Rust Guard TRUE BITE Primer ?

Garry.

Garry.asked

I have just used White Knight Tub & basin on my vanity unit. I ended up with a lot of brush marks as the
paint was drying very quickly. I have only applied the first coat. Am I able to sand the first coat before I apply the top coat ?

Bronwyn G

Bronwyn Gasked

What is the lowest weather temperature you can use White Night Strokes oil based enamel? Or ideal temperature to stop it running?

Kim dasked

After painting my bath with white knight tub and basin paint can I stand in the bath after 12 hours to paint a wall?

Kim dasked

When i have painted my bath with your product after 12hours can i Stand in the bath to paint a wall ?

Why?

Tinny

Tinnyasked

Hi can u have a bath in a bath that’s been painted with white knight tub & basin. Just concerned as I assume it’s not non-toxic. Thanks

Santo cilmiasked

reasons why when applying Rust Gard Epoxy Enamel spray paint after 28 hours,it is not quite touch dry

Santo cilmi

I applied on a slightly rusted security door screen previously painted. Before repainting, I brushed on White King Rust Remover. I waited 24 hour before I wiped clean, then I proceeded painting.

JimK

JimKasked

I have made a wooden carved jewelry box and have been experimenting with White Knight Super Gold pressure pack paint. I am very impressed with the result but I would like to coat it with a clear film paint because I have found the gold paint is very easy to scratch or wear away with handeking. Can you recommend a product which will not change the gold luster?

Emily Jane C.

White Knight Super Gold won’t set well on anything - it just doesn’t. They do make an enamel paint that gives a similar efffect for small projects. However, if you need to use the spray I’ve got it to set and seal like this
1. Doing proper prep work: Lightly sanding, then vacuuming up wood filings and a wipe over using isopropyl. If metal using rust remover first.
2. Wood - using another spray paint as a primer - Kryolan 18ct Gold Spray paint 2 light coats gave the best results for me on wood and even plastic. Rustoleum Gold best on metal. Give each coat a day to dry.
3. Do 2-3 VERY light coats of the White Knight Gold. Leave 36 hours between coats and 72 after the final one.
Obviously this is a lot of effort and takes a week. Results were worth it for me - there’s no other true metallic paint like this. The above steps are enough for most items. If you want to you can use any brand of clear high gloss varnish or spray - I’ve used a bunch. You do lose some of the bright real metallic effect and it doesn’t seal all items. Plus sometimes it will make all the Super Gold literally melt away.

Emily Jane C.

Forgot - leave a full week without handling to totally cure

Gordon

Gordonasked

Can I paint tiles that have already been painted?

Geoffrey M.

Geoffrey M.asked

Just purchase a can of the squirts enamel sanded and cleaned in every coat as advised left it dry for 3 days in perfect conditions went to put a sealed fitting on it with marine Sinkaflex and now it has eaten the paint

Neil W

Neil Wasked

how do i remove paint drips on concrete

Bron

Bronasked

hi i am using white knight rust guard hammer finish - i can only use paint brush in the area but it is leaving some 'flat' spots in the finish am stirring the paint as per instructions - applied lightly and heavily and tried not to overwork it but still getting them - any suggestions?

michael

try a toothbrush , see how you go

Wayne Miller

Wayne Millerasked

Can I use white knight tile and laminate on timber. I am painting the tiles and wooden cabinets and wondering if I can use the primer on both surfaces

michael

you may get away with it on the laminate but I would use something specific for the wood, ensure you prime it well 1st

Emily Jane C.

You can if you play it safe
1. Rough up the surface by sanding, vacuum up after and use isopropyl to remove anything to prevent bonding
2. use another paint for wood and laminate as a primer. Rustoleum brand has never failed me in this. I always use a satin (not gloss) spray paint - white for colours and similar metallic for metallics. Repeat step one between coats only using two really fine sandpaper grades between each coat and leaving a day between coats. Don’t do it on rainy or really hot days.

White knight brand is the best colours but totally the worst to use.It’s not versatile at all without a lot of effort. It also doesn’t set well or seal without massive effort

Herman petersrsasked

I ask 4dgs ago question about white knight primer NO answer whats the use. To ask a other question...……
I have to ask some where ells

Robert S
Robert S

The primer is fine.

Herman petersrsasked

Is white knight rust quard quick dry true bite primer any good for qalvenized steel

Alex
Alex

Its good if the rust is really bad, if its just surface rust then you wont need it but its always good to coat with it anyway for extra durability

Emily Jane C.

Dude. Use Rustoleum, way less hassle. See my prev replies if you really want to use White Knight.

primer for galvenized steel

Anton W.

Anton W.asked

Can I use white knight gloss clear on top of sanding sealer?

Emily Jane C.

Yup. Works best this way. Just make sure to do proper prep and clean

Get an answer from our members and White Knight representatives