White Knight Paints

White Knight Paints Questions & Answers

40 questions from our users

Neil W

Neil Wasked

how do i remove paint drips on concrete

Bron

Bronasked

hi i am using white knight rust guard hammer finish - i can only use paint brush in the area but it is leaving some 'flat' spots in the finish am stirring the paint as per instructions - applied lightly and heavily and tried not to overwork it but still getting them - any suggestions?

michael

try a toothbrush , see how you go

Wayne Miller

Wayne Millerasked

Can I use white knight tile and laminate on timber. I am painting the tiles and wooden cabinets and wondering if I can use the primer on both surfaces

michael

you may get away with it on the laminate but I would use something specific for the wood, ensure you prime it well 1st

Herman petersrsasked

I ask 4dgs ago question about white knight primer NO answer whats the use. To ask a other question...……
I have to ask some where ells

The primer is fine.

Herman petersrsasked

Is white knight rust quard quick dry true bite primer any good for qalvenized steel

Alex
Alex

Its good if the rust is really bad, if its just surface rust then you wont need it but its always good to coat with it anyway for extra durability

primer for galvenized steel

Anton W.

Anton W.asked

Can I use white knight gloss clear on top of sanding sealer?

SJ Bradford

SJ Bradfordasked

I'm having trouble getting the chalk off the white knight chalk paint. We have painted it on Gyprock.

Mae

Maeasked

Can I spray Gloss lacquer over Satin

Imbejan

Yes you can if the satin finish has cured (5 to 7 days after application)

Robert S

Just buy a high gloss paint for the right effect, and yes.

Robert L.

Robert L.asked

Can you white knight paint to paint shower floor tiles

Imbejan

I do not think white knight paint will be the answer to painting shower floor tiles unless it is specifically identified for use on wet ceramics. There are other paints that meet this criterion.

Robert S

I would not recommend white knight paint for a tiled shower floor, you would need a specialised paint for this job, there are also company’s that specialise in this work depending on your budget.

Hi Robert,
They do not recommend it, one because of the moisture content and secondly because it’s not a structural paint, most recommend a 2pac paint, however I did both shower floors, the en-suite is used 4 times a day and has been over 12 months now and I have not had any problems with it. I cleaned the shower really well with their tile cleaner and give it a really good sand as mine were glossy tiles to rough up the surface to help first coat of undercoat to adhere then applied two coats of under coat and two finish coats of colour, sanding in between each coat. Left it to dry for 14 days before applying the silicone. I only use jif with a chux to clean it each week. The issue is because of the water constantly sitting on it, I use a shower caddy to put all my shampoo/conditioner bottles on...nothing left sitting on the shower floor and make sure each night that there is no water pooling in spots, i wouldn’t use any of those suction type rubber mats or that would over time possibly cause an issue. I used the glossy based one to match the rest of the bathroom floor and between first colour coat and again on the final coat sprinkled a small amount of glitter ( yes glitter ) and it helped to prevent it from being slippery. When I had to renew the silicone I allowed the shower to dry for a couple of days before removing it with a plastic silicone remover stick...no sharp objects like knives. Paint stayed on then allowed a couple of days for silicone to cure. This of course will only works if you have two bathrooms...most reviews I’ve read people haven’t been overly confident with the paint...I’m big on preparation even if it takes more time. I personally love my bathrooms and happy I’ve done them. Temperature and humidity can also play a big part in the process of drying times. Hope this helps.

Marg

Margasked

I have painted my metal letterbox with Rust Guard epoxy enamel, can I now apply splashes water based enamel over the top.

Hi Marg,
If you used and oil based product previously you would have to sand it then recommend using a primer prior to painting in a water base product or it may peel off or flake.
Regards Kol

helenws

helenwsasked

How do I get the lid off the spray paint can?

Liz

Lizasked

Can you use this on metal bird cages?

Frenchy

Frenchyasked

Is whites crystal clear water resistant?

Nagji

Nagjiasked

Can i thin water based enamel paint with water?

roy

royasked

which paint can be used to refurbish tired wood?

Mick

Mickasked

The Quick dry Acrylic touch up can this be applied to previously painted surfaces? eg a coated outside screen door

Mike

alexander archibald

alexander archibaldasked

can rust guard epoxy enamel be used on cement out side statues?

Michael J

Michael Jasked

Can I tint the bath and tub 2 pack paint?

Bazza

Bazzaasked

can I thin, Rust guard quick dry water based enamel?

Get an answer from our members and White Knight representatives