1st Energy Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by 1st Energy

5 questions from our users

ircasked

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

Sarah L.1st Energy

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.asked

can i get a pensioners concession?

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveAasked

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam
Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

Sarah L.1st Energy

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

Wendy B
Wendy Basked

What was the cost to you to change over from Aurora to First Energy in Tasmania?

Janderraasked

I agreed over the phone to change from Alinta Energy to this company because the guy who called was polite and offered rates that would save me about $70 every 3 months (I am on a pension). Said he would send me a welcome pack and I had 10 days cooling off period before they took over the billing and that I could check the rates offered on line, so after checking my rates I am being charged I agreed.
When I went to check their rates online I came up with these reviews. I did give them my pension no because you normally need to do that t get your discount, so did not think of a scam.
After reading all the reviews I do not want anything to do with them, how do I cancel the whole thing before they change me over. Janderra

Kyles
Kyles

I'm not sure of your circumstances but I just went back to my previous provider and signed back up with them. They did the rest. Good luck

Janderra

Thank you. I have already contacted them by email today to tell them I do not want to change billing company and telling them the story and asking for help. Tomorrow I will contact 1st Energy by email (keeping a copy) and phone telling them that after further thought and because of my rights I do not want to enter into any contract or agreements with them. Hope I can just cancel it all without any more stress. I can not believe I said yes when I just normally tell all these people no and just hang up on them. I checked the rates he was quoting etc with my current bill and seemed like it was a good deal and because of the cooling off period though I was safe. We are never too old to learn. Thank you for advice and all the reviews which woke me up

Zhen Z.
Zhen Z.

I was in a same condition with you. I got a call from them today and I agreed over on the phone to change my elec corp from Aurora to Frist Energy. I just saw this review when I searched this company on google after ten minutes i hanging up the call. I then called the Aurora if they can refuse the request from the First energy while they would not able to do that.

I called the First Energy as well the staff said i am not on the list yet and i have ten days to cancel it.

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives