1st Energy Questions & Answers

Verified1stenergy.com.au
Gary Porter
Gary Porter

Could you send me the correct email address to book in truck appointment for an overhead to underground conversion. Regards Gary

1st Energy   DM

Hi Gary, please email: ncpaperworks@1stenergy.com.au and the team will be able to assist. Many thanks Sarah

Prashant

HI everyone , I am new to how electrical company works . I was a happy customer with first energy but moved to another vendor because of some miss understanding. However my problem is they generated a 4 days bill showing that- I have used 700 KWH current for a 1 bedroom house with 3 people and no AC OR oven . Electrical Stove and Water heater are major consumers. In all previous bills it was 200$ per month but now they are asking me to pay the bill about 300$ for 4 days as per the meter record. Just wondering how it is possible and what needs to be done ? Could someone please help me ( I am new on how electricity process works in Australia)

1st Energy   DM

Hi Prashant, it's not possible for us to be able to help you with this question as we can't look at the meter reads on your account as we are not the retailer. You would be better to contact your retailer and speak to them about it. Good luck getting sorted with your bill.

Prashant

Thank you for your response. I was just wondering is it possible for a such huge consumption in 4 days ? How to identify if there is a meter fault?

1st Energy   DM

Do you know if you have a smart meter or a basic meter?

It's basic meter.

1st Energy   DM

The most likely reason would be that your previous reads were estimates and the 4 day bill was a wash up. It is very unlikely that there is a meter fault but if you think that is a possibility you can pay a fee for the distribution company to come out and check your meter. If a fault is found, they will refund your fee. There are a few checks you can do at home to see if you think there is a fault. For example, if you turn off all your appliances and heating etc. then see if the meter stops registering, it's unlikely there is a problem. You can check your previous bills to see if the reads were estimates and check your new bill to see if that's an estimate or actual. Also, speak to your retailer and see if they can tell you why it is high.

Brenda

HI John here , we are about to switch energy providers can you tell us the reasons why we should select chose 1St Energy

1st Energy   DM

Hi John, it's a bit tricky to answer that question without knowing your specific usage or set up - solar etc. But generically speaking, the reason most people join us is to save money. That combined with our excellent, Australian-based, service centre and the flexibility of no hidden fees - credit card, apps, exit fees etc. is the reason most people join. We would really appreciate the business and would love for you to give us a try. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll be happy to help. Thanks Sarah

Davidovich
Davidovich

As a satisfied customer of 1st Energy, my reply to this question is much the same as that from Sarah of 1st Energy. We are in Tasmania and have solar panels so the feed-in tariff from 1st Energy is much better than the other supplier here. 1st Energy are very helpful so give them a call as suggested.

1st Energy   DM

Thank you very much for posting Davidovich. It's always a joy to hear positive feedback. :-)

Brenda

we require both Electricity & Gas with no solar ,no different to any one else rates and discounts are are important,
we have been with our current provider for about about 8 years but have had a few issues over last 9 months and with an offshore help centre its difficult to get answers, is 1ST Energy's help center Australian based? John

1st Energy   DM

Yes, our call centre is based in Brisbane. All of our staff are based in Australia. If you want a comparison quote for you energy or if you would like to discuss your issues in more detail, please email me directly at sarah.landry@1stenergy.com.au and I will be able to assist. Thanks John

Beach L.
Beach L.

Hi there
Will you be increasing your electricity rates shortly as many other power companies are, if so by how much?

Gle

If I have a credit on my account from feed in tariff, what is the process to get that paid back to me?

1st Energy   DM

Hi Gle, with any credit on your account you can request a refund which will usually be deposited back to the account method that you use to pay your bills. If you would like a refund please email me at customer.services@1stenergy.com.au and I will organise that for you. Many thanks Sarah

Gle

Sarah thanks for the speedy reply, I am liking the dashboard and energy displayed on your customer portal. Last question , Im on the first solar Bonus which gives the 6.7c + 5c (bonus) = 11.7cents feed in, the charts on your portal only appear to show the feed in credit @ 6.7 and not the 11.7 is that correct ? Would be handy to see the actual amount @ 11.7

1st Energy   DM

Thanks Gle. The charts on the portal are currently indicative only but this is something we are working on to include addition solar bonus feed in and discounts. You will definitely get the 11.7c showing on your bill but it will be a little while before the system development project is completed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

irc

Who owns 1st energy , ie to whom are dividends or profits sent to. I have been told there is a link to Indian business concerns, is this correct??

1st Energy   DM

Hi irc, no that is not correct. 1st Energy was started by 4 individuals - 2 who are Melbourne born and bread and the other 2 who are New Zealand born and bread. In 2016, 1st Energy sold a small share of the business to ERM Power who are in Brisbane. If you would like any further clarification, please let me know. Many thanks Sarah

irc

Thankyou for your prompt reply, it is most reassuring as otherwise we were very happy with your service

1st Energy   DM

That's great to hear. We do hear a lot of stories about us being connected to China and all over the place but nope, all our staff are based in Australia. I'm not sure where all these stories originate from but I'm glad you asked and gave us the chance to set the record straight on this occasion.

Robyn H.
Robyn H.

can i get a pensioners concession?

1st Energy   DM

Hi Robyn, absolutely. Please ring the call centre on 1300 426594 with your card details and the team will ensure you get your concession. Many thanks

DaveA

Why don't they answer emails or enquiries via their website?

Sam
Sam

Such a small company they have only a call centre.No customer service skill.

1st Energy   DM

Hi Dave, we have a click to chat function on our website for enquiries or alternatively you can email support@1stenergy,com.au and a member of our team will be able to assist you. Alternatively you are welcome to call our team on 1300 426594 for assistance. I can organise for a member of the team to ring or email you if you provide me with your account number. Kind regards Sarah

DaveA

Thanks. I cannot find a chat function on the website. I have sent several emails and online enquiries without result until now. I have just received an email from Bri at customer service, so will proceed with that.

1st Energy   DM

Thanks Dave, hopefully Bri resolves your query and all is good. For future reference, the chat function is in the bottom right. It's a green button called 'Help'

DaveA

Thanks again. I have tried the "help" button, it brings up an enquiry panel which I have responded to 3 times without reply. No chat function on my computer. Nothing further heard back from Bri as yet .

DaveA

Reactivation of online account now achieved. Thanks.

Steve
Steve

Not correct Sarah.L this is just a message button, not a live chat, and its a waste of time.

Wendy B
Wendy B

What was the cost to you to change over from Aurora to First Energy in Tasmania?

Janderra

I agreed over the phone to change from Alinta Energy to this company because the guy who called was polite and offered rates that would save me about $70 every 3 months (I am on a pension). Said he would send me a welcome pack and I had 10 days cooling off period before they took over the billing and that I could check the rates offered on line, so after checking my rates I am being charged I agreed.
When I went to check their rates online I came up with these reviews. I did give them my pension no because you normally need to do that t get your discount, so did not think of a scam.
After reading all the reviews I do not want anything to do with them, how do I cancel the whole thing before they change me over. Janderra

Kyles
Kyles

I'm not sure of your circumstances but I just went back to my previous provider and signed back up with them. They did the rest. Good luck

Janderra

Thank you. I have already contacted them by email today to tell them I do not want to change billing company and telling them the story and asking for help. Tomorrow I will contact 1st Energy by email (keeping a copy) and phone telling them that after further thought and because of my rights I do not want to enter into any contract or agreements with them. Hope I can just cancel it all without any more stress. I can not believe I said yes when I just normally tell all these people no and just hang up on them. I checked the rates he was quoting etc with my current bill and seemed like it was a good deal and because of the cooling off period though I was safe. We are never too old to learn. Thank you for advice and all the reviews which woke me up

Zhen Z.

I was in a same condition with you. I got a call from them today and I agreed over on the phone to change my elec corp from Aurora to Frist Energy. I just saw this review when I searched this company on google after ten minutes i hanging up the call. I then called the Aurora if they can refuse the request from the First energy while they would not able to do that.

I called the First Energy as well the staff said i am not on the list yet and i have ten days to cancel it.

Zhen Z.

Luckily the people who called me initially and called me again to confirm my address(it was unable to call them back). I told him i was sorry but i will stay on Aurora company. He seems a little bit frustrated and agree to cancel my previous agreement. I am still worried as I gave them my passport, medicare number, DOB and address. Terrible experience!

Get an answer from our members and 1st Energy representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now