Listing monitored by AAMI

53 questions from our users

Trayayasked
Car Insurance

Why AAMI has my comprehensive car insurance increased by more than $140 dollars since last year from $343.40 to $487.84 for this renewal??????? I haven't paid it yet and feel inclined not to. That is a ridiculous increase!!!

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Trayay, thanks for reaching out. As this is a third party review site, we can't assist with policies through here. Please email social@aami.com.au with your full name, policy number, and date of birth for ID, or give us a call on 13 22 44. Our team is available 8am-10pm AEST every day.

Cindy Rice
Cindy Riceasked
Car Insurance

My pH no is 0477759030, My name is Cindy Rice and am a AMMI member, I need roadside assist now rego BHH. 51Y, Can someone come to Woodlark st Lismore NSW CNR of Mary G's hotel, my address as a customer is 3/9 Cornwall Place Wollongbar 2477, plz can you call me asap

Nik_41
Nik_41

Cindy you really shouldn’t put your personal information on the internet. They are not going to come to you from this message, it is a review site.

AAMI
Customer Service S.AAMI

Hi Cindy, sorry to hear you're having car trouble. We're unable to provide service through here as it is a third party review site. Please give our Roadside Assist team a call on 1800 154 810 and they'll be able to send someone out for you.

Please delete this post, as it contains your personal details. In order to keep your details secure, please do not ever post them publicly, or in private messages unless requested directly from a trusted source. - M

Trayay

Customer Service .. please call her to advise!! Show some decent customer service! She sounds stressed!

ChittyD
ChittyDasked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

I had a trolley driver damage my car while it was parked. 'Hit and Run' situation and there is shopping centre video evidence showing what happened. However, AAMI in their wisdom have decided to deem that the excess paid to have my car repair will not be refunded on the basis that I did not provide the at-fault person's details? How could I as I was not there when this happened. Seems like a clever way to avoid the work involved in clearing me and going after the trolley-company contractor's insurance company to pay for my damages. It this not part of the Insurance service?

Wendy0707
Wendy0707asked
Car Insurance - Comprehensive

How do you decide who is at fault for collision

Fiona
Fiona

It goes by the road laws. For example, if the other person was supposed to give way and you were already in the intersection, then the other person is at fault.

Angelito
Angelito

Hi Wendy! Well it depends if you think fault of the other party, of course they will fight for you but it needs justification. Proof thanks

Jase J.
Jase J.asked
Car Insurance

Why is my claim review taking so long I am homless and live out the car I suffer a neurological disease that causes me to stutter AAMI thought they put the call on hold but took it off for me to hear them picking on my stutter saying nnnnooooo moooonnnnneeeyyyy fffffooooorrrrr hhhhimmmm I have contacted 2gb and am contacting channel 9 I just wanted to hurt myself after hearing the mocking and have only just been released from hospital

jay shankhar
jay shankharasked
Car Insurance

the car is my name where as my wife is the main driver, can i insure the car in her name please

S G
S G

You can insure the car while including her as the main driver. However, it is still your car and the insurance will pay you if something happened to your car.

Ask AAMI

abed
abedasked
Car Insurance

I had an accident with one of your customers smash my care from the back ..... now he gave me the insurance policy number what to do ??????????? i need to repair my car???

Ask AAMI

john smith

i havent got any customers

Kelly H.
Kelly H.asked
Car Insurance

I put my son on my policy on sunday he smased it on monday rang but said hes not on the policy untill the new policy swaps over on tuesday do i now owe them 12months insurece when he was surposed to be on the policy start away

wingnut
wingnut

Pick up the phone & call the insurance company & ask them the question. Its the way you are going to get the correct answer

Kelly H.
Kelly H.asked
Car Insurance

I put my son on my policy on the suday he smashed my car on the monday rang them they said his not on the policy untill tuesday untill the policy swaps over even tho i said want him on it start away now saying that he was not on my policy untill tusday took 1100 for the claim but now saying as i was swaping policy i have to what untill tuesday untill the new policy clicks over dosethat mean ill owe them 12months of insurance

JEFF L.
JEFF L.asked

Why dint i get payed if 1 of your costumer hit me

Daveasked
Car Insurance

My car is a VX Comodoore 2001 model agreed value of $3200. I hit a kangaroo and sustained minor panel damage. If I submit a claim and pay $695 and the car is written off (told by AAMI that this will be the case because of age of car), I will request a price to get the car back, then put second hand panels on it and use the car. If I get to the point of requesting the buy back price of the car and then I consider it to expensive AAMI have just told me I cannot cancel the claim and the car is no longer mine.
The question is at what stage can I cancel the claim, get my deposit back and drive the roadworthy car?

Sally
Sallyasked

Hi,
I have purchased car insurance with AAMI. I will be lending my car to a friend for 2 weeks in December. Will my car still be covered? My friend is over 25 years of age.
Kind regards,
Sally

K A
K A

Hi
Best thing to do is call them and put your friends name on the policy

nothappyjan
nothappyjanasked
Car Insurance

I pay thousands of insurance to aami each year having 3 cars several houses 2 businesses
I am absolutely in the service of my car claims that I need for one of my businesses
first they had me being responsible for car rentals as they didn't advise the car rental place and keep them upto dates with repairs
now I am doing paperwork and going through bank statements and have realised that the claim was made on the 18 nov 2018 aami took out 695 excess from my bank on the 22 nov 2018 and then at the completion of the job also took the 695 excess from the payout figure that was left to pay out the car
so I in fact have paid two excesses for one claim and now am on the phone arguing with them if I will get it back
they have made an illegal debit of the excess on my card provided for monthly payments after I specifically said no I would pay excess when I pick up car which I did
48 mins now on the phone and they are arguing with me that they don't have to pay back 695 which is all clearly stated in bank statements and invoices and also they can see on the computer they did take the illegal payment out
I think we have made a big mistake being with this insurance company after we were also ripped off by gio and now I find out they are the same really
just ridiculous I will be changing the rest of my insurances

Jag
Jag

They all are from a same boat mate.
My car was written off and aami charger me for the excess, remaining registration (11 months) and remaining insurance money(7 months).
I also was with them 3 years so in total i ended up paying more than they gave me $3500.

Reasons
Reasons

I was told by aami rep when a claim is made we still have to pay excess until its proven that we were not at fault regardless if the other party admits fault or not.
But after more than 17 years I will never look at aami again. They lost 2 house insurance ( my mum and me ) 3 cars (my mum, me and my partners)
All because of the horrible service they gave. "No loyalty when you're with aami" should be the slogan

Melissa B.
Melissa B.asked
Car Insurance

My car ran out of rego last week was just about to re register and it got hit my hail
Today badly I have full comprehensive insurance am I still covered???

ScrewedConsumer
ScrewedConsumer

That is absolutely untrue trojan horse, but I do appreciate the laugh from your misspelling of whether, considering the question. If the car was parked on private property at the time it was damaged then you are covered. If you were driving at the time, or even parked on a public road, and they know it was unregistered, they will not pay and will have the legal right not to as it was not legally allowed to be on the road and you were actually committing a crime when it was damaged. Apart from the PDS probably stating you must have registration on it to make the policy valid, I would imagine it won't take long to find the clause stating that you are not covered if you are committing a crime at the time the vehicle is damaged. I recently insured an unregistered vehicle and it was pointed out to me that until it was registered, they would only pay any claim where it was not on a road at the time (eg. it got stolen from my driveway or weather damage while parked in the driveway like in your case). On a side note, I would pay closer attention to keeping up on registration. You could be pulled up 60 seconds after it runs out and the fine is $600 upwards here in SA. Also, no matter the circumstances of any accident, you are at fault and not covered by insurance. Some hole in a Mercedes rear ends you at the lights while not paying attention because he is counting all his money while sipping his latte or something, and suddenly you're the one struggling to pay off a luxury car, never having actually owned it. Hardly worth risking over the effort involved in setting an alarm on your phone to repeat every 3 months, say 1 week before your registration runs out, or something similar to remind you. Regardless, you'll be fine since the car was stationary in the driveway, right? *wink*

Caz
Cazasked
Car Insurance

I had a minor accident but only want to get the other car fixed do I have to pay the excess to get their car fixed

john smith

depends if were at fault or not

Samantha M
Samantha Masked
Car Insurance

Can pay off my car insurance monthly?
Instead of it, being in one big payment

Artin
Artin

Hi Samantha. Yes you can. I do. When you are signing up, during requesting for quotation, you can select annual or monthly payments. Check their website or call them if you can’t find it.

bernie l
bernie l

Yes you can. On renewal it tells you the price of the monthly option and you can call them to arrange it. You do save money paying annually.

Fired Up

But you could have got the correct answer by contacting AAMI

Mark
Markasked
Car Insurance

Why is aami so slow to respond to hail damage incident? Almost 4 weeks and no contact.
If they sre so busy why not organise manpower to cope with demand. Also give the option to go to a repairer that is not so busy.

george
george

they are slow because they don't care they are just interested in taking your money

Fired Up

So you already know that this is not the AAMI website and you know that they don’t respond in this forum.

As you have made no mention of contacting them directly I can only assume that your concerns are rhetorical.

I would have posted in the Review section.

Charles Casked
Car Insurance

What is SMART Auto Approver?

Samw
Samw

Not sure where you read this. There is a company called Capitol Smart where aami sends cars to as the first stop for repair. Invariably all are told it takes 3 days only. But they only do simple body work. Any major damages the car will be sent to other auto repair shops.

Thank you Samw!

Erin B
Erin Basked
Car Insurance

Hi I'm being threatened that someone might steal or damage my car tonight I just got car and don't have insurance and it's not in my name I don't think yet but I want insurance to cover me this second how can I get this done?

Aygeebee
Aygeebee

Any insurance company will give you insurance immediately and there’s usually a 30 day cooling off period. Gives you the chance to lock something in now but then shop around in case you can get a better deal elsewhere. Does the owner of the car have insurance? If you are a named driver on their car you’re covered anyway. If you haven’t lodged the car sale transfer papers yet technically I’m guessing it still belongs to the previous owner and his/her insurance.

Albert
Albertasked
Car Insurance

Is making a deal with one repairer for cheaper repairs in exchange for a specified number of cars to be repaired each week legally allowed in line with NSW FAIR TRADING standards?

Dave

The old approved repairer issue........

Get an answer from our members and AAMI representatives

AAMI Car Insurance