Airtasker Questions & Answers

Angela S.asked

Adding credit card - Too many requests. Please try again later

BarrySumpter
BarrySumpterasked

I'd like to hire and airtasker.
I'd like the airtasker to pickup and pay for items he needs for the task.
Is there a way I can pay the airtasker for the items thru airtasker either before or after the task
WITHOUT airtasker taking a percentage of the cost of the items?

Christopher O.
Christopher O.

Well no, I think that Airtasker is a broad plat form, that needs that percentage of money, to offer, all of there extra services, and you would simply pay, after the task is complete, for no confusion regarding payment, re job completion you see, thus task done, here's your money, I'm happy, and so am I, good reviews, better percentage, great, done. You may need to Have set some money aside, re task of a percentage regarding them to be able to start a job, if there, down on there economy, side of things, in order to get it up and running, but than you run the risk of possibly losing the initial.
Regards Chris O.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Barry, thanks for your query. Payment for materials and other purchases on behalf of the Poster can be reimbursed directly by Posters and are not to be added to the task price. You can let the Tasker know that payment is needed upon pickup of the item. You can then arrange to reimburse them when they deliver the item to you. Please also remember to release payment for the task on the platform only after the job has been completed.

For more information about payments on Airtasker, please see:

Hope this helps!

Wanderer
Wandererasked

I have just "deactivated" my account on Airtasker, to use their term. Can Airtasker assure me that this means my credit card has been deleted?
Ron

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, so that our dedicated support team can assist you, please send us a request by visiting this link: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/requests/new

They will respond as quickly as they can and typically within 24 hours.

Jean Paul
Jean Paulasked

At what task value is the $25.90 booking fee charged to the poster? On their website they say the booking fee is $2.90 for small value tasks and can reach a max of $25.90. So at what dollar value does the task change from attracting a $2.90 booking fee to a $25.90 booking fee? Also, are there other booking fees between $2.90 and $25.90 or are they the only 2 booking fees airtasker charges the task poster?

Thomas C.
Thomas C.

No that's just a minimal and maximum Usually the booking fee approximately 10% of the total task value.

David
David

I was an asignie so not sure what poster get charged I got slugged $49 for doing a task

Joanne Mackayasked

My job has been allocated and money being held by AT. I have answered his two questions and have kept him up to date with what is happening with concreter etc. 15 days now and I have not received a response to any of my posts to him via AT platform. How do I know if he has read them . Thanks Jo

thein.edwin
thein.edwin

This is why after I was assigned I actually asked the originator for their email address can contact details. Then I make contact with them through those details to check if they are legit. To take precautionary measures for myself. You could contact AT to step in. Do you have pictures, receipts etc that you can send as proof to AT that the job is completed? If so send it to AT. For jobs like yours, it is best to have the originator to sign off after the job is completed and satisfactory just as an added precaution. After all, all this work is tax deductable. I would keep asking AT to intervene. Otherwise, you could go through Fair Work can lodge your complaint.

Joanne Mackay

Thanks for responding.,I had his work email as well and all correspondence made both through work email and AT. I also checked out his business details and reviews which were glowing which is why I’m left disappointed. Thank you again for your response

If the job is not yet complete and you do not want to go ahead now. Just cancel it and you will get your money back

John
Johnasked

Why is airtasker advertising lawn mowing jobs in Melbourne during lockdown when lockdown prohibits this type of work ???

Hi John,

Thanks for your query!

As the nature of tasks on Airtasker can vary so widely, it’s important you stay up to date with the latest advice in your area before you post or complete a task on Airtasker. We recommend you refer to the government’s published advice, as this is the most reliable source of truth and will be updated regularly.

Regardless of whether it's a Poster or a Tasker, everyone should comply with the Government advice on social distancing at all times. We need to do our part to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

We have also compiled resources for our community to access general guidance on health and safety. You can continue to check our Airtasker's Covid-19 Safety Centre for any announcements as they become available: https://www.airtasker.com/blog/covid-19-safety-central-hub/

Mark J
Mark J

22% charge to tasker and 12% to poster, they make 34%. Scammers.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. The fees on Airtasker are in place to sustain the platform and cover the costs of secure credit card payment, insurance and continued updates to our technology.

Service fee is being charged to Tasker and is determined by their current tier. Tiered Pricing, is a way to acknowledge Taskers, who consistently add value to the community and uphold our Tasker principles, with lower service fees.

While the booking fee is a small variable fee starting from $2.90, which is charged to Posters once the task is assigned.

We’re constantly evaluating how our fees are structured to make sure that they’re fair to everyone – Taskers and Posters alike. Please feel free to reach out to fees@airtasker.com if you have any feedback or suggestions.

Samuel h asked

Hello i was wondering if you could help me i have sent photos with this message I can't offer
And I am yet to be paid for the last 3 jobs and I also got 5 star reviews on all 3 the clients have released the money to you guys and I'm still waiting
And I'm willing to do more jobs but i can not

Ruben
Ruben

Hi Samuel. I have done 2 jobs. Customers has realised the money but it takes 5 available days to get to your bank account. I am in my day one waiting so I need to wait 4 more days before I get my money from Airtasker. I am sure we will be fine. Don’t worry. Rubén

Thanks Ruben

I can't even offer on any jobs or ask any questions either

Willasked

I have been trying to post a task and there are two users who keep writing offensive remarks on my post and telling anyone that makes an offer that I am a fake poster. How come there is no block feature and how do I stop these people from doing this??

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Will, at the moments, the ability to block a user is not yet available in the app. However, if you'd like to report a comment for breaching the Community Guidelines, you can do so by following these steps:

- Hover over the comment.
- Press on the flag icon.
- Fill out all the required information.

We take reports of this nature seriously. All members, both Posters and Taskers alike agree to adhere to the community guidelines to ensure that everyone’s experience with Airtasker is safe and rewarding.

You can read more about this here: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/115014761427-I-m-an-Airtasker-what-happens-if-I-breach-Community-Guidelines

Richard M.asked

I had an AirTasker move a pool table for me. It was damaged in transit and whilst the tasker attempted to fix the table, it's beyond his skill set. I have contacted support and they said I should try and negotiate directly with the tasker (no thanks) or go through their insurance (preferred option). Am I able to simply respond to their email and continue the conversation or do I need to raise a new support ticket each time? AirTasker make it super difficult to contact them with issues.

V12RR
V12RR

In my experience Airtasker will not help you and will just fob you off. Airtasker cannot and should not be trusted. Their business model is all about making money at the posters and taskers expense and Airtasker take no responsibility if things go wrong.

Richard M.

I filled in an insurance claim form and have not yet paid the poster. Let's see where we go from here. Right now I have a useless slate bed pool table...fingers crossed they do the right thing...

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Richard, it seems that you have been in contact with our support team regarding the matter. If you need further assistance or have questions regarding the matter, feel free to respond to the email thread or send us an email at support.airtasker.com. Thank you!

Jo L.asked

Having issues with a tasker who stopped responding to my request for a payment receipt / tax invoice for a >$5K payment.

I paid within less than 24 hours as she has requested, however, it's been 2 days and she is yet to provide me with an invoice/receipt as promised. She has stopped responding (after I called her out on her poor performance and work attitude).

QUESTION 1: How do I obtain a receipt/invoice from a tasker who stopped responding?

About 30% of the payment was paid outside of Aistaker, as requested by the tradie. I believe she is actively practising this with her Airtasker clients - getting customers from Airtaker, meeting them in person and persuading to pay outside of Airtasker in full or in part. Given her lack of integrity, this is a risk to the Airtasker community as it leaves posters vulnerable to their antics and and poor performance. My experience with her is a PRIME example. LOVE Airtasker, posted many tasks, 100% completion rate and over 90% satisfaction rate, but rarely have I come across a tradie like this one and it's disheartening.

QUESTION 2: How can I ensure this tasker is held accountable for breaching AT payment policy, for not responding to my request for a receipt, for her bad behaviour?

Examples of her bad behaviour/performance:
a) manipulating her way out of doing certain agreed tasks within a project,
b) repeatedly calling in sick at the last minute, causing project to be delayed by 2 weeks, but kept blaming the client for causing the delay
c) ignoring and not performing an agreed task
d) lying about why certain things were not or could not be done
e) leaving the site unfinished before demanding ASAP full payment on the same day
f) would not take accountability for her mistakes and poor performance, blaming the client and the universe for all of her issues.
g) not responding to request for payment receipt after having received the full payment.
h) persuading all her airtasker clients to pay outside of airtasker.
... the list goes on.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Jo, we are truly sorry to hear about your experience with the Tasker you have assigned. Airtasker has a specialised team who can help you with this type of concern. Kindly send us an email at support.airtasker.com and our support team would be happy to provide the best resolution available. Thank you.

Mark L.asked

Airtasker my name is Mark L. On airtasker being following all the rules. Understand everything about off topic comments and not sharing info. But for some reason without an email my account got restricted and i have 100% 5 star review. Please help its a source of income during hard times. Mark L

Mark L.

I even emailed support no response. Please airtasker help an honest Aussie

Amelia D
Amelia D

Hi Mark
Maybe you revealed your contact number within one of your posts ?Try sending a message through to admin/help to query the deletion?

Mark L.

Amelia I never do that its against airtasker rules. I know that business names nunbers etc are against rules. Like i said i follow and respect airtasker and rules

Jo L.asked

I am the poster with 100% completion rate. Yesterday I had to cancel an uncommenced task due to poor communication from the tasker. However, tasker declined to cancel and have been aggressive in all his communication with me - including hanging up on me after screaming into the phone when I barely spoke a word. I have sent a support request to Airtasker, but I heard that they take forever to respond (like a week at the minimum). My $3k is being held and I need that money to hire someone else. AT the same time, tasker is aggressive towards me. How do I get out of this FAST and get my money back??

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Jo, we're sorry to hear you've had this experience. Our Trust and Safety team investigates all reports involving behaviour that's not aligned with Airtasker's Community Guidelines. For more information about our policies surrounding inappropriate activity on Airtasker, please review this article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014761427-What-happens-if-I-breach-Community-Guidelines-

Regarding your request for refund, your funds will be returned through the cancellation process. You can learn more about this here: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/200955870-How-do-I-cancel-a-task-

If you help in getting your funds back, our support team is here to help. We always try to respond to emails as quickly as we can, and usually this is within 24 hours. We’re sorry you’ve been waiting to hear from us for a long time. If you haven't received a response by end of today please send a new message to support@airtasker.com and so we can follow up for you.

Jo L.

Thanks for your quick response. I have received an email from Airtasker notifying me that the task has been cancelled. That's awesome.

However, the refund is not reflected on my Dashboard, there is nothing on my account that indicates that the refund is being processed, payment history still indicates that amount as a successful outgoing amount. More importantly, the refund will take 5 - 7 days to clear, which is very disappointing, given it took only 2 seconds for payment to be taken out of my account. To have to wait 5 - 7 days to be refunded for a service I did not receive at no fault of my own when I have many other contractors to pay is disappointing. I believe refunds for posters with good track records (I have a 100% completion rate) should be prioritised and given fast/immediate refund. This serves as an incentive for posters to continue to be good employers on the platform, as well as having more trust and confidence for the platform.
3./

Jo L.

UPDATE: We received a full refund in our bank account within 4 business days. Happy with the end result! Thanks Airtasker!

milkman
milkmanasked

Hi - I left a bad review for a tasker who was unpleasant and agro. He has since sent some concerning messages. Can I block him so he cant see my account? Or can I cancel my account so this guy cant contact me?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you've had this experience.

At the moment, the feature to block another member is not yet available. Your feedback is always appreciated and I'll definitely let the team know about it. Your feedback is always appreciated and I'll definitely let the team know about it.

Regarding your concern, our Trust and Safety team investigates all reports involving behaviour that's not aligned with Airtasker's Community Guidelines. For more information about our policies surrounding inappropriate activity on Airtasker, please review this article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014761427-What-happens-if-I-breach-Community-Guidelines-

If you haven't already, please provide the details of what happened to support@airtasker.com so our dedicated team can assist you.

Chris F.
Chris F.asked

What does content moderated mean

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Chris, Airtasker takes the Community Guidelines seriously and public contents that may be in breach of the Airtasker Guidelines and Policy are being removed or replaced with "content moderated". Hope this helps and if you have further questions or need assistance, feel free to contact our support team at support.airtasker.com. Thank you!

Will

I have had someone making offensive remarks on my tasks. I responded with "I have reported you to Airtasker" and my comment was moderated, while his comments saying I'm fake and a [Word Removed] were left unmoderated. Meanwhile two people have cancelled their offers due to him and the Airtasker support is unavailable.

Jaylan T.
Jaylan T.asked

How long does restriction last for such a minor infraction? Need income ...

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Jaylan, generally, when a sanction is placed on an account, an email is sent explaining the sanction and the date the restriction will be in effect. If an account is restricted, users can reach out to our support team at support.airtasker.com for assistance regarding when the sanction can be lifted. Hope this helps.

Adityaa V.asked

Can a restricted account be retrieved? Can I talk to someone in air Tasker about this through phone ?

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Adityaa, thanks for reaching out. We understand it would be more convenient for you to speak with someone over the phone however, as an online marketplace, our communications are mostly done through email. Kindly send us an email regarding your query about account retrieval on support.airtasker.com and our support team would be happy to help. Thank you!

Adityaa V.

Thank you, my query was looked into very quickly and it is resolved now ! Thanks for the prompt response:)

Adityaa V.

Hi Grace, but they helped me resolve my issue and very trustworthy in my experience:)

Saadasked

Hi Airtasker
Writing here as I did not get any luck from Airtasker to reply me of my questions, seems like you put my email in your spam and no response from you

Long story short, few days ago my accoun Got blocked without any notification or email from Airtasker, upon sending several emails I got reply that it’s flagged in system as duplicate account of a blocked member since I working March 2020 and completed 291 task till date and sent Airtasker Commission on these jobs in grands ,

Upon my question [Name Removed] (who responded my email) sent me link of the blocked member and refused to reply more on this issue as it’s privacy concern

My question was I need clear reply on which basis you gave me account restrictions

Either my email, name , DOB , bank details matched? And straight away no answer due to so called privacy concern , who’s is this privacy? It’s mine privacy my profile , my work and they are failed to prove me on which ground based they flagged me

How come you not treat your taskers fair?
You only care about money ? Nothing else once you gave your already prepared replies there’s no response from you

Another example of their pathetic customer service, yesterday I did complete a task and It was by mistake payment increased double the amount required, I have let poster know it will be reduced if we contact Airtasker, see what happened they did not bother my requests and emails regarding this matter as my emails going straight their trash bin due to their privacy concern and I let poster know you ll need to contact them i won’t get any so called support that is mentioned thousands time on their website ,

I just wanted my account reinstated
I have no connection whatsoever who’s this Tasker they duplicate my account

You must ask evidence not rely on your faulty system who banned people without no reason

It’s my privacy concern and I have full rights to know which details are they found matched between us , I ll give evidence to show they’re wrong doing .
Don’t ignore my question at this platform you are read and viewed by millions and your customer service shows your level of support

Don’t reply me me with your prepaid answers just copy paste I need original human answer to resolve my side and reinstate my account

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Saad, thanks for reaching out. Airtasker is a trust based open marketplace, we take our Community Guidelines seriously as they help ensure all users have a positive experience when using the platform.

We only ever restrict users if they are not following the community guidelines. For info on our policy, see here: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/115014761427-I-m-an-Airtasker-what-happens-if-I-breach-Community-Guidelines

Saadasked

Hi I need support

Susanne G.
Susanne G.asked

The Airtasker job I posted has been postponed from 12.8.20 to the 14.8.20. I'm getting emails from Airtasker reporting the job as incomplete how do I notify A/R of the change of agreed completion date.

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Sussane, if you would like to change the completion date, you can opt to reschedule the Task.

If you'd like to reschedule your task, you can do so by following these steps:

- Log into Airtasker and go to the task page.

- Next to the due date, press on 'Reschedule'.

- Follow the prompts and fill out all the required information.

Your Tasker will be notified that you would like to reschedule the task, but it's always good to let them know again through Airtasker Private Messages.

You can learn more about how to reschedule your task in this help centre article: https://support.airtasker.com/hc/en-au/articles/228914267-How-do-I-reschedule-a-task-

Marco Dasked

my account got restricted yesterday morning until I verified my identity.. which I did within half an hour of receiving the request.. and did so successfully.. yet still almost 36 hours later, my account is still restricted??? I replied immediately after successful verification asking for reinstatement of my account yet still no reply??? I've since completed over 30 tasks with only 5 star reviews, bar one 4 star review, I now rely on airtasker as a full-time source of income, please help

Airtasker S.Airtasker

Hi Marco, thanks for raising this. User accounts may get restricted if a user is found to be in serious breach of the Community Guidelines (https://www.airtasker.com/community-guidelines/). Breaches of the guidelines include creation of duplicate accounts. If you need further assistance or clarification on the matter, please get back to our support team so they can assist.

Marco D

Hi, It's not a duplicate account??? I successfully verified my identity over 2 days ago??? I sent you about half a dozen messages over the past 2 days and still haven't gotten a reply yet??? what's taking you so long to get back to me???

Saad

You won’t get reply back their system put your email in spam/trash and it’s going straight to there not reaching to them

Get an answer from our members and Airtasker representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites