Aptamil Gold+ AllerPro

47 questions from our users

Namita R.

Namita R.asked

Gold+ AllerPro 2

My 7 month old twins were on HA gold + but we recently moved to Allerpro 2 on the advice of our GP. However I am finding that they are getting hungry a lot quicker than before and wake up several times a night and have about 150ml each time. I noticed that the tin says 6-9 months is 240ml water and 8 scoops of formula but they can't have that quantity in one go. Help please!

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Namita, please call us at the Careline to talk through further. ph 1800438500

Laurenasked

Gold+ AllerPro

Hello. We habe recently been advised to change to AllerPro for mixed feeding for suspected lactose intolerance. My infant is 3 months old, but we were only able to purchase a level 2 tin of formula. She will likely only be using it for 2-4 weeks with 1-2 formula feeds a day... is it ok to use the level 2 formula for this short amount of time? Thanks in advance:-)

Astrogirl

I’d probably give the company a call to confirm, or ask your GP or paediatrician. My mum was getting some of this for me a few weeks ago and the pharmacist said that it’s all a bit of a marketing ploy to have the three different levels, as when you look on the tin there’s a little bit less iron which is because at that point bub should be on to introducing solids which may include food rich in iron. Sometimes if the level two isn’t available, I’ll buy level one and my bub is eight months old. We switched him over about two months ago to level two and he had a bit more reflux than normal so we went back to one. We’ve only started him back on two about 3 weeks ago and he seems fine on it now.

Lauren

Thanks so much for your reply :-)

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi there Lauren. The AllerPro Stage 2 does have a higher osmolality, meaning that it has more particles per ml of solution, so requires the kidneys to work harder. We would not suggest that a stage 2 formula milk was used for a baby under 6 months for this safety reason. It is however perfectly safe to use a stage 1 formula to provide the milk portion of an older babies diet without any concern, as the extra nutrients can be obtained from solid foods. The AllerPro has reduced lactose but is not lactose free.
Please feel free to call us directly on 1800 438500 (or live chat us on https://nutricia.com.au/early-life-nutrition/aptamil/expert-advice.html ) so that one of our Dietitians, Nutritionists or Midwives can give you personalised advice to help you find the best milk feed for your little one's current situation.
I hope that things improve soon.
Kristin, Careline Dietitian

Lili A.

Lili A.asked

Hello,

My 12 week old baby is now only drinking this formula. No longer breastfeed. She also has confirmed milk allergy.
She is tolerating the formula well, just when she passes wind it very very smelly.
Is this normal?

Astrogirl

If she is still doing her normal poos, sleeping okay and throughout the day seems normal, this would probably just be a reaction to the whey protein, as your little one has a confirmed milk allergy this is probably just a reaction to the casein in the formula. You could call 13HEALTH too and see what they say, or just bring it up when you go to see your doctor next for her next checkup or immunisations.

Emily

Emilyasked

Gold+ AllerPro

I was just wondering why the suggested amount of formula for the age is more mls than the standard Aptamil gold even though it is the same amount of calories per 100mls.
AllerPro is 210mls for 3 months where aptamil is 150 mls

Mary P.asked

Gold+ AllerPro

Can a 5 month old have this formula without having a confirmed allergy? My GP has recommended we try this as baby has been very unsettled. Just want to make sure it’s ok to try without having a confirmed allergy.

Hi Mary,

Yes it is fine to trial the Allergy formula. Often the best way to determine whether there is a food allergy is by removing the allergen from the diet and seeing if there is resolution of symptoms. Please feel free to give the Nutricia Careline a call on 1800 438 500 (AUS) or 0800 438 500 (NZ) to discuss your little one's symptoms with our Dietitians/Nutritionists or Midwifes if you like. Kind regards, Saskia

Thanks for your reply.

Claire Filceasked

Gold+ AllerPro

Hello, can you add Aptamil thickener to this? Does the thickener contain any cows milk?
Thankyou

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Claire. Yes you can add the Aptamil Feed Thickener to the Aptamil Allerpro. It does not contain any cows milk products. Cheers Sue Nutricia Careline.

Thankyou Sue

Telisha

Telishaasked

Gold+ AllerPro

My son has just been put on this today by his Paediatrician but has spit up quite a bit of it once he was finished with the bottle just wondering if this is maybe normal at first?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Telisha, Allerpro is a very thin formula so if baby has some reflux, he is more likely to spit some of this one up than a standard formula. We can however help you with options so please all us on 1800 438 500 so we can have a chat. Kind regards, Hilary, Reg. Nutritionist

Astrogirl

Hi Telisha, my little one still spits up this formula and he’s 7 months old. We make sure to burp him 3-4 times per bottle, some days he brings up more and some days less. I recently bought a reflux tin suggested by the chemist and as he’s due to move onto level 2 formula I thought I’d give it a go. Same amount of spit up but it looked a lot more like cottage cheese, like it’s partially digested. I still find by leaving him on this one at level 1, any spit up looks like milk so I know it’s easier for his little system to digest. Hopefully your little one is coping with it a bit better by now or you’ve found one that works for him.

Lauren P

Lauren Pasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

My 5.5 month old has been on a lot of formulas for reflux before we came to the conclusion that he had a milk intolerance. Changed to AllerPro 1 and have been on it for one week. He is generally happier and his vomiting has halved (he used to spew 5-6 times after each feed). However, now he is having large runny and sometimes stringy yellow poos that can often leak out his nappies. I double nappy him at night and it still leaks out and often goes straight through him as he drinks his bottle. Is this normal?
No one has given us a stool sample to confirm or deny the intolerance they just say ‘trial and error’. Any ideas on how I can settle his stomach? I also use thickener in his bottles to help with the vomiting (because again not 100% sure It’s a dairy intolerance, could also be reflux).
Needing advice. I’ve been to drs and paediatricians and they just say “it’s normal” BUT MY MUMS INSTINCT SAYS ITS NOT!

Stuart S.Aptamil

Hi Lauren, we are very happy to help you with advice for your baby so please call us on 1800 438 500 so we can ask some more questions to guide you better. Kind regards, Hilary, Reg Nutritionist

Kate J

Kate Jasked

Gold+ AllerPro

Hi, I have been dairy free and breastfeeding for my second baby as my first boy had a CMPI. I’m finding bub number 2 is having the same trapped wind etc that my first boy had. He’s very uncomfortable and upset until he passes all of the wind. It will wake him as he is in pain and may only sleep 10-20mins at a time. Other sleeps can be longer if he has no wind. I have a tin of Aptimal Pepti junior still in date from my first boy, would it be safe to try on my second Bubs? Or could it do more harm than good?

Thanks, Kate

Dba

Call your GP. Adding formula could mess with your supply. Best to do it under supervision <3

Hi Kate,
Thank you for your question. In order to provide helpful information, we need to know more about your baby. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number (1800 438 500 or 0800 438 500) and one of our professional members (dietitians/nutritionists/midwives) will be happy to assist you.
Warm regards, Saskia- Nutricia Careline

TashaM

TashaMasked

Gold+ AllerPro

My doctor suggested we try this formula as she was in pain, non stop crying and generally very unsettled. She has been on it now for almost 3 weeks and although she is alot happier, she is really gassy and at times it makes her very uncomfortable. Also, every poo is like water, no substance to it whatsoever, but she is still crying trying to pass it.
We are seeing the dr again on Tuesday but is gas and watery stools normal/common for this formula?

Beugnot C.
Beugnot C.

Hi. Exactly the Same here. Allerpro for 10 days now. We get one poo a day but you can’t forget it. It is everywhere! Extremely liquid. Strong smell. The whole lot. And same lots and lots of winds. However she seems much happier and settled. We give her infant friend to help with winds. It seems to be working. Tummy time is quite good for that too. And making small circles clockwise with her legs. If you have any tips from your end, feel free to share !

Dba

If you're finding that she still gassy and unsettled, I would recommend taking her to a paediatrician.

My first child had CMPI and needed to go on Aptamil Pepti Junior, which is an extensively hydrolysed formula and only available with a prescription.

My younger child is on Allerpro and doing fine. No gas. The poo smell took some time to get used to, but he's fine on it. Just normal formula-poo consistency.

There's no harm in pushing the doctor for more. Follow your gut. I regret not pushing earlier for my first child. 4 months of screaming, only 15-min sleeps, gassy, watery, explosive poos etc... Until one day there was blood in his stool. Everyone tells you "babies cry, it's normal", without realising the extent of how bad it is.

I hope you find solutions.

Ashley J.

Hi, was your first child not able to tolerate aptimal allepro?

Nikki S

Nikki Sasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Did anyone's bub experience tummy upset directly after switching to this and if so how long before it settled down?

Ciara C
Ciara C

I found some relief for bub soon after I switched to this. However a paediatrician advised me that it can take up to 3 weeks for you to see a difference. Frustrating I know!!!
However, there is a number careline number on the tin for allerpro (and all nautrica products - I think that's how it's spelt) and they have all sorts of people who are in the health professional girls ready to help with lots of answers. They can tell you lots of advice and double check allerpro is right for your bub.
Wish you the best. X

Ashley J.

Hi Nikki I’m finding my Bub has severe tummy issues on it. Did your buns settle down or did you change formula?

Loan Nguyen

Loan Nguyenasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Hi, my son 4 months old and now he still has breastfeeding. But I am going to work soon and I tried some brands fomula and after he drinks he always vomiting and some time he has rashes. Should I try Aptamin Gold+ AllerPro 1 for him? And do you have some samples so he can try?

Shhila

Shhilaasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

I have started this milk for my LO 3 days back . I found this milk too thin , my LO chokes so often on this . Is it safe to add one more scoops for 120mls instead of 4 spoon to 5 spoon?

Janine

Janineasked

Gold+ AllerPro 2

Hi, I was just wondering if it was safe to continue after 12 months? My daughter is 2 now and I still give it to her and she loves it. It's the only form of dairy she can have as she has eczema related allergies to dairy protein and egg.

Hev W

Hev Wasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

My little one is 5 months old and has always had mucus poo. I was recommended this formula, but from about 30 minutes after her first dose she has been horribly gassy and uncomfortable, and her colic symptoms are back through the night (had been gone for well over a month). Is this normal part of introducing this formula? It’s day 5 and I don’t think either of us can take it any longer.

Lexa S

Lexa Sasked

Gold+ AllerPro 2

My daughter is having a really hard time getting this formula. Were in rural NSW and could only get 1 tin in the last 3 weeks. Asked chemist and they cannot get it from suppliers. Could you please help us out?
Regards lexa

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Lexa, You can purchase this online from www.mumstore.com.au Thanks – Nutricia Careline

Frances Casked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

My Bub will be turning 6 months before we use all our stage one allerpro. Can they still have this formula a month or 2 later, so til 7/8months?

Clint09

We feed our daughter on stage 1 when we couldn’t source stage 2 and it was fine. If you’re concerned though it’s always a good idea to consult your paediatrician. Hope that helps.

Frances C

Thankyou, I find it hard to find stage 2 so it’s good to keep in mind. Did you check with your paed first

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Frances- a stage 1 formula is totally fine to use up to 12 months of age but if you are struggling to find the stage 2 Aptamil Allerpro, please give us a call so we can help you- kind regards Nutricia Careline team 1800 060 057

Dianne S

Dianne Sasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Does the smell affect the formula like i mean taste as my son is refusing all bottles it stinks?

Clint09

Not sure I understand the question. If your question is whether the formula has an odour to it then my answer is no. I’ve tasted it and it does t take how I’d perceive normal milk to taste. If it helps, my wife was advised by our paediatrician to use this milk as I understand it has the cow protein that typically upsets babies tummies removed. Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any further questions. I’ll do my best to answer them.

Nikki J
Nikki J

Im not sure about the smell you talk of, however the formula does taste different to the stndard milk formulas on the market. It took a few bottles for my bub to get used to it as it wasnt as sweet and more bland however he hasnt had a problem since. It apparently is better than the prescription formulas which wouldve been our next step if this didnt work for bub.

Hi Dianne S,
Sorry to hear about your baby not liking the AllerPro formula milk. Please give us a ring on our toll-free number 1800 438500 and one of our nutritionists will be happy to talk you through what might help.
Thanks - Nutricia Careline

Kylie

Kylieasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

Bub has been on Allerpro for 5weeks now since being constipated and having a positive for blood in her stool and bad stomach cramping for hours. She now has very runny poo, extremely gassy and in pain but not as long as before but is now vomiting every bottle even 2hrs after a feed and very strong acidic. Paed said she is prob dairy intolerant but that was it. Do i change to Soy or lactose free or a dairy free rice based like Novolac???? HELP

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

Hi Kylie, sorry to hear baby has been struggling. Please contact us directly on nutriciacareline@danone.com or via www.aptanutrition.com.au (email/livechat) or 1800 438 500. Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Becca
Becca

Hi same thing is happening with my 6 week old what advice did you end up getting

NicB

NicBasked

Gold+ AllerPro 1

I have been given a sample tin of Aptamil AllerPro gold + for my son from my doctor but I just saw on the bottom of the tin it’s out of date i can’t use this now can I? or is it ok it’s like 6 months out of date?

Nutricia Careline T.Aptamil

No. You cannot use product that is past the use by date. Please give us a ring on 1800060057 and one of our Careline team will be happy to assist you.
Thanks – Nutricia Careline

Get an answer from our members and Aptamil representatives