Australia Robotic Questions & Answers

Anne K

My i Roomba 630 is picking up dust but not larger grit & dirt. I have just purchased a replenish kit & removed all dust from under perspex of dust draw. Can you help?

Australia Robotic   DM

Hi, Are the main brushes turning and is there air coming from the back of the bin?

Anne K

Yes air is pushing out the back of dust draw & when I turn it upside down brushes turn easily. There is a rattle which I don’t think it had before.

Hi, please email us at info@auto-robot.com.au

Anne K

Patrick my Roomba seems to be working fine. Just not picking up crumbs etc: the draw only contains dust & cat fur all attracted to filter. The draw used to be full. And would sing to be emptied. I only use Roomba once a week. I now pick up after it. I love my Roomba every one should have one. Can we fix it?

Australia Robotic   DM

Hi, yes we can fix it, here is the link to the repair service, external link

Tony H-W
Tony H-W

I recently bought a lithium battery for my Room a. It works well except that it won't dock anymore. What can I do about it please?

Hi, please email us at info@auto-robot.com.au

foretold
foretold

which robotic mower is good for a property that has 1/2 an acre.

Michael
Michael

Can it be serviced in Perth, and what sort of edge does it prefer. Does it like a concrete edge at lawn level?

Australia Robotic   DM

Hi, There is a service agent in Perth area, concrete dose work well as an edge.

long
long

what drives the robot lawn mowers

Australia Robotic   DM

Hi, They are battery powered with electric motors for drive.

Dave Lake
Dave Lake

Hi Hunting Quad.

I was looking at the TCG-158 as pictured, is this the model you are talking about?

Dave

Hunting Quad
Hunting Quad

G-Day Dave

No different its model, but "all" the Chinese models just don't stand up, and simply don't do what they are suppose to, I also had an Italian made robot mower which ran for 4yrs but the Australian dealer shut up shop and I could no longer get parts, I also years ago had a robot Husqvarna it was brilliant, but the price for a good non-chinese model just has become to expensive. In fact I brought a ride-on to replace the robot, the ride-on doesn't keep the lawn constantly trimmed like the robots do, but I expect, in fact I know the ride-on will last a lot more years than any of the robots.

PS: I'm not a "Chinese Junk" spruiker, in fact I love my Chinese Quad & Chinese 80lb Bow & Chinese fishing gear for the price you pay they can't be beaten, but its a shame the same can't be said for the robot mowers or robot chinese vacuum cleaners for that matter.

Do not buy anything from a queensland company that say they are Australian supplier of Robot mowers and Vacuum cleaners, they offer Australian warranty to get the sale but guess what..... no warranty just lies, ACCC even been involved but all to no avail

hope this helps

cheers

Katkat
Katkat

Agree with the poster above - beware of Australia Robotic, the same individual in Qld who also runs an offshore entity "The Robotic Shop". Both of his websites mislead the consumer that he is selling official products with manufacturers warranty, however he grey imports faulty items, and does not honour the warranty he provides, making it almost impossible to have access to Australia's otherwise generous consumer rights. And yes, the ACCC is aware and involved, hoping it's just a matter of time they find their legal way through this shifty setup.

I was stupid enough not to check the official iRobot Website for a list of authorised resellers, so ended up buying an iRobot Roomba from him. After (rightfully so) being refused warranty claim from iRobot, due to it cleaning worse then a stick vac cleaner from Kmart, was told by that same guy to send it back at my own expense, and if the motor is working and the rollers are turning, there's nothing he can do, including providing a replace or a refund.

Colin52
Colin52

I was looking at buying one but what put me off was Robotics Aust replying to another owner saying they were going to sue them. That is warning enough for me to avoid this company. They've done it to themselves. An honest company would keep calm with flak flying at them. Finding a lawn mower man or looking to buy something that will cut buffalo grass is near impossible. No lawn mower men here in Perth want work. Tried Jims service so many times and no one ever turns up. Anyone know of a good lawn mower man north of the river here in Perth Western Australia please ?

Anon1234
Anon1234

I agree with Colin. It sounds like they’re suing for a bad review. Do they issue take down notices for every bad review and then sue if the reviewer doesn’t comply? Completely turned me off this company.

Get an answer from our members and Australia Robotic representatives