Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors Questions & Answers

Verifiedaipc.net.au
YMcgee C.
YMcgee C.

Any experiences with the 30 day refund policy? How long did it take you to get your money back?

Rachael J.
Rachael J.

Can you please advise what the course costs?

Victoria
Victoria

It’s $4790 plus $1400 for Pracs

swanny1987
swanny1987

Hi Rachael, have a look on their website. They sometimes have specials and there are options for paying the fees off I think.

Kuljeet K.
Kuljeet K.

Is there someone who has completed master of counselling with AIPC?

aborosio.guivalu
aborosio.guivalu

Hi there, My name is Ratu Aborosio Vada Guivalu, and I am a graduate from your Institute in 2007. I am currently working in Victoria, Australia at this stage. I have lost all my certificates over the weekend as our storage cubicle was broken into which stores all our family belongings awaiting a rented home from real estate. I am hoping if you do have my record and send me another set.
Looking forward to your response
God Bless

Lisa
Lisa

Hi, I'm currently looking into this course and was just curious for those that have completed the diploma as to did you gain work in this field or alternatively set up your own private practice? Were you able to easily gain employment or what was your experience with setting up your practice? Thanks in advance.

Nathan J.
Nathan J.

Hi Lisa,

I'm a recent graduate of the Dip.Couns. at AIPC. There is no one answer to this. I'll deal with your own Private Practice first. There are people who have been able to do this with relative success, others have found it hard - most have done some kind of hybrid of transitioning from their current jobs into PP over time as they build up clients. With respect to finding a job with the Dip alone - it depends on what you are looking for. The majority of 'purely' counselling jobs require a tertiary (e.g. Bachelors or above) qualification and a minimum of 2 - 5 years experience. The Dip can be used in other areas such a support work, case management etc. One thing you need to be absolutely clear on, is what you want to do both in the short and long term and do your research into the areas you want to go and see if the Dip will meet your needs.

I'd invite you to also read my review here https://www.productreview.com.au/reviews/ebb064b8-3ea3-54f3-a2bb-c59f7bf4dcc7

Rick
Rick

Hi Nathan.
Your review was very thought provoking and has made me hit the pause button. As many have stated I too am interested in achieving a private practice arrangement, and working part time in my current employment. What stood out in your review was the PACFA and ACA point. I have Degree in Community Development with a lot of years in the sector, as well as Grad Cert in Grief & Loss. In your opinion will this qualify me for PACFA membership? I don't know if I could bare another degree course. Of course I will make the call to them.

Barry Dunkley
Barry Dunkley

Is Australian Institute of Professional Counselling Austudy approved?

Joanna T.
Joanna T.

I don't think so Barry as it's a privately run RTO. Austudy is approved for government run organisations...pretty sure!
Cheers, Jo

Wasim T.
Wasim T.

Hi guys I'm currently about to start the BA in Counselling and would love to touch base with anyone that has had some experience with AIPC in this area, any help?

Please contact: [email address removed]

Wasim

Cornelia
Cornelia

Does anyone know if i can start to work as a counsellor in a private practice with a diploma of counselling from AIPC?

Vic
Vic

Yes, you can. You get accredited with ACA Level 1 on completion.

Vanessa

Yes. A friend of mine started her own business after completing the Diploma and is very busy.

Emily L.
Emily L.

Hi
Whilst I have been in the field of welfare mental health after 12 years I had then transitioned into private practice yet was unsuccessful Does this diploma in counselling support you to set up
Practice and ways to attract clients and is it perceived as credible
Cheers Emily

Nat
Nat

Hello,
am searching for a Diploma in Counselling. I have come across this provider that i have never heard of before. I am baffled by the difference in fees this provider is asking for which is under $2000 in comparison with other providers for same course that are asking around 10K. How can any one explain this? Thanks

Klepklup
Klepklup

I would stay away from this course. If you decide you can’t continue you still have to pay the full $5000. No getting out of it (happened to me). Stay away.

Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors
Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors   DM

Hello Nat, our course fees are shown on our website. While we keep our course fees as affordable as possible, the fee for the Diploma of Counselling is not currently under $2000 so I would encourage you to check which provider you are considering studying with. We also provide all new students a 30 day money back guarantee whereby a full refund is provided if the student decides to withdraw. Please feel free to contact your nearest AIPC student support centre if you have any further queries about studying with AIPC or our courses. All the best.

Vanessa

Hi all. I highly recommend AIPC. I'm a third of the way through the diploma, studying online. The website has all the answers you need before you sign up. So read it thoroughly. If you need assistance with your studies, it's readily available through student support and you can join facebook study pages for the diploma, run by ex students. So it's like having 1000s of study buddies all at different stages of their studies. It's fabulous! Every time I've had to phone the office, I've dealt with helpful and friendly people. You'll always see negative reviews by people who haven't got refunded because they've changed their mind, or if unforseen circumstances have prevented them from continuing on, after the cut off date. And yes, that is unfortunate. But, If you were doing a uni degree... they're not about to reimburse you thousands of dollars if you change your mind after the cut off date, or cancel your HELP debt. So let's be reasonable. Six of the units are also credited to their Bach of Counselling, if that interests anyone. You won't regret signing up. It's an amazing diploma. Some of my friends have started their own thriving counselling businesses or obtained amazing jobs, so that in itself is enough evidence for me.

John Doe
John Doe

What is the % of graduates who obtain jobs following completion of Master in counselling through the Australian Institute of counselling

Michael T.
Michael T.

Hay anyone done the Master of Counselling subject here?
Thoughts?

TMN
TMN

Has anyone completed the Diploma of Counselling - CHC51015 ? What was your experience like and did you manage to find a job with only that qualification?

Julie
Julie

Yes I’m not seeing any comments from those who have completed ??

Danche M.
Danche M.

Has anyone completed a Bachelor in Human Services? Would love some feedback on how you went?

Kristina J.
Kristina J.

Has anyone done the Diploma of Community Services through this school and if so how was your experience? Thanks in advance.

Tracy E.
Tracy E.

Hello everyone. Has anyone completed the online Diploma Of Youth Work (CHC50413) with AIPC? And if so, what was your experience of their services throughout the course?

Bon

No. But I going by my experience with this diploma it would be good learning diploma.

C P.
C P.

Would the completion of this course be sufficient in qualifying as a school counsellor? (I am a teacher currently).

Bon

It would be best to contact AIPC admin to clarify qualifications required. All the best

Katie Cox
Katie Cox

No, unfortunately you need to have a degree in either Psychology (and registration) or a teaching degree, plus a postgraduate qualification in Guidance and Counselling. It would, however, be enough to be a school youth support co-ordinator or classroom youth worker.

Narelle
Narelle

I have a question about the price of the course please? I can't seem to find it. Also, are we required to do work placement to be accredited the qualification?

Young Family
Young Family

I’m also interested in the total cost of the Masters in Counseling and the Diploma in Counseling. I hope they provide you the answer.

Hi guys
I'm considering enrolling in the Dip of Counselling. What is your employment placement rates like

Disappointed
Disappointed

Sorry I don't work for them, but its a good question to ask before you commit. I'd also ask them about their cancellation and drop out rates as this may help you get a further understanding of student success/failures and overall satisfaction with the the course. Sadly, I have not had a good experience, but I believe there are others who have. Good luck, and do your research. That is the best advice I can give.

Brant W.

thanks, are you still doing the course?

Brooke B.

I am currently looking at enrolling in the diploma of counseling with AIPC . I am just a little wondering if the course focuses a lot on grief and loss . I believe this might be an important part of counseling study . I’m just not as interested in that and hope that is not a huge part of the course . Can anyone tell me please?

Ken
Ken

This is just one of the units and the course does not focus primarily on grief and loss. Hope this helps. All the best.

Thanks ken

Ilany

I’m interested in starting the diploma of counselling, but would like to know if I can work as a relationship counsellor with just this diploma ? (I have a bachelor in psychology as well)

Kelly Hunter
Kelly Hunter

I don't see why not. AIPC have a brilliant graduate diploma in relationship counselling program, being that you already have a Bach in psychology you would qualify. I would give them a call and have a chat.

Rowena
Rowena

Hey Ilany, I'm just wondering if you made any progress in this decision? I have a bachelor of psychology as well and am considering the grad dip in relationship counselling. Would love to chat.
Row

Get an answer from our members and Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors representatives

Extra Information