Babybee Duo

Babybee Duo Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

sutiive

sutiiveasked

Can anyone recommend any independent YouTube or written reviews of the babybee line? Every video, including reviews seems to be from babybee which is find a bit concerning. There is very little independent reviewing of this company that I can find. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Hello!
Thanks so much for your interest in Babybee!
You can view some customer reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzpnKHqWQaROSijmYRjgIDc4R3zfegGwh
Team Babybee

Esther

Estherasked

Has anyone bought the babybee duo pram with the adaptors or the capsule and tried the maxi cosi citi capsule? I know it says it’s not compatible online but I was told by a salesperson in baby bunting that they all click into the same adaptors ?? So I’m wondering if I should buy the cosi citi capsule

Hi Esther,
We definitely do not recommend this. The Maxi Cosi Citi Capsule is really difficult to attach to the existing adaptors. It slots in but won't completely click in. We recommend our DUO2 adaptors (arriving late March/early April) as these will be compatible with the Maxi Cosi Citi and will also fit your DUO stroller.
All the best,
Babybee Prams

Cassie4

Cassie4asked

Considering purchasing the Babybee Duo (Bassinet + Toddler Seat) and also purchasing the extra seat. Has anyone who has owned the pram and used it quite often ever noticed any issues with wheels or frame? For example, wheels or frame squeaking? Had this problem with my first pram (different brand) that had barely 3 months of use (with 1 baby). Really hesitant to purchase another pram although I definitely need one for baby! Worried to spend a fortune on something that’s going to be just as bad as my first pram. However, the Babybee Duo seems like great value for money, and love the look / style of it, so certainly considering it! If anyone has any feedback, that would be great! Thanks

Hi Cassie,
We've had no reports of squeaking with the DUO to date so no need to worry about that.
If you haven't already, I'd also consider our new DUO2 model. If you send us an email at hello@babybeeprams.com.au we can take you through the differences and recommend which one would suit your needs best. Here's a link to the product page: https://babybeeprams.com.au/products/duo2

Bree T.

Bree T.asked

Does it come with both seats ?

Sarah
Sarah

Yes it does so you don't have to pay extra

Sam
Sam

Yes, you can chose to get both seats or 1 seat and the bassinet.

lesleigh

lesleighasked

Can the bassinet go at the top if that is the only seat being used.

Also my bassinet does it seem to lie flat at the top.

Bethy
Bethy

Hi Lesleigh ... my son-in-law set up the pram with the bassinet at the Botton and seat facing forward for my three year old grand daughter.. Personally we haven't tried to set it up with the bassinet on the top as that is not what we bought it for ..May pay to look on the on line web site

cheers Beth

Jewels
Jewels

Hi Lesleigh,
I have also wondered about the bassinet at the top as I have a newborn and have needed to use the pram whilst my 16 month old is at daycare. I have found that it too doesn’t lie flat and is slanted but am unsure if it Designed that way or if that means it’s not meant to be used at the top.
I’m sorry this doesn’t answer your question but I have also wondered this

Hi Lesleigh,
To clear up any confusion, the bassinet can not be used up the top when in double mode (this has been changed for the DUO2). You'll need to have the bassinet at the bottom and seat up top facing either direction. Please refer to your product manual or the product page on our website for photos of all the safe and approved configuration options. If you need any further assistance also please feel free to email our support team at hello@babybeeprams.com.au for further resources or support :)

meleperuma

meleperumaasked

Has anyone tried to fit a the duo in a Prado with the 3rd row seats up? I don't mind removing the seats of the pram or any other easily detachable parts to fit it in somehow. I measured the boot space behind the 3rd row and it was roughly 95(h) X 30(d) X 115(w) cm. We are going to have twins and we are trying to fit the pram with the two seats behind the 3rd row. Worst case we might have to buy a roof box.

maggie

maggieasked

I want to buy babybee duo(double seat set), I am just wondering it is necessary to buy bassinet for my 1 month baby.

Joshua
Joshua

It comes with the bassinet and a normal seat, if it’s for your 1 month I suggest you buy the adapters if you have a capsule to go with.

Greg OG

We got one of the first shipments of the DUO with bassinet and seat. We only use the bassinet at the moment (has been used from zero to 2 month old so far... and we expect that we will continue to use the bassinet only for another few months yet). It's what you want for that age for sure.

Sarah C.

Sarah C.asked

Hi
I’m looking at buying a duo with my third child due in October I’ll have a 2 yr old and a newborn in the pram and was wondering if you can use the car capsule and the seat together? I can see from the pics the bassinet goes down the bottom with the seat but wondering if the seat can go down the bottom and the capsule go on the top? Hope that makes sense Thank you

Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your question and congrats on #3, how exciting! Yes the capsule (Maxi Cosi Mico AP range - https://bit.ly/2Y5rWFj ) can be used with the seat. And the capsule can indeed go on top with the seat on the bottom facing either direction - have a look at this page for more info https://babybeeprams.com.au/pages/duo-configurations

And if you have further questions please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Care team at hello@babybeeprams.com.au. We're here to help!

Greg OGasked

Are the seats from the 2019 model Rover and 2019 model Duo interchangeable?
The seat on the Rover appears to incorporate better functionality and features with the single handed operation lever control at the top back of the seat (for the tilting), plus also has the downward pivot on the opening belly bar, plus has a nice pocket on the back of the seat. The Duo seat has none of these. Not sure why the Duo seat would be manufactured to a lower standard of functionality than the Rover?

Hi Greg,
Thanks for your question.
The ROVER and DUO are separate models so parts and accessories are not compatible.
Not better just different ;)
The pocket was removed due to needing more room with two seats. A pocket would have decreased the space for the second child and given them access to whatever was in the pocket. The seat recline function also changed to ensure child in behind position couldn't access that recline latch and recline their sibling. And the belly-bars were designed in this way to keep the cost slightly lower overall. However, it still provides the same functionality of being able to open one handed to put bub in and out without removing it.
If you have any further questions at all please email our customer care team at hello@babybeeprams.com.au who are ready to assist!

Greg OG

Cool, thanks for that. Those reasons make sense. I'd like to see the option to buy a "full feature" seat like the Rover to suit the Duo, but I understand that it's not necessarily practical to manufacture and stock variants.
So following up regarding seats, how long will Babybee continue supporting purchase of a spare seat that is compatible with the 2019 Duo?

Hi Greg,
We're guided by customer feedback so if customers are all requesting to have one XL and one standard seat and happy to have the extra weight/size than we will definitely look into this. We will most likely survey all customers around 6 months after launch and from those results determine any changes for the 2020 model.
We will continue to stock the current seat as an accessory. We are also looking to launch a double seat variant (with two seats in the box rather than one seat and one bassinet). If you'd like further details around this please email hello@babybeeprams.com.au and our customer care team will be able to assit :)
-Emily

Get an answer from our members and Babybee representatives