Babybee Rover 2019

16 questions from our users

Krystal D.

Krystal D.asked

Rover 2019

Hi there, just wondering if there are any plans of creating canopy colour packs for the rover 19? Similar to what’s available for the discontinued comet range? Thanks

Babybee P.Babybee

Hi Krystal! We don't have anything coming, but I will pass on the suggestion to the product development team, they are always looking for customer feedback and suggestions.

Ria B.

Ria B.asked

Rover 2019

Hi, my husband and I are currently in the process of comparing the Uppababy V2 to the Babybee Rover. Does the Bassinet allow bub to sleep overnight in?
Ria

Lisa Zammit
Lisa Zammit

I think it could, but that would be up to personal preference. I watched the online videos about the Rover prior to purchase and con confirm it’s was very helpful and set realistic expectations for me.

Hi Ria!

Our pram bassinets are not designed for overnight sleeping or long periods and we recommend you monitor your little one regularly while napping in their pram.

Whilst there are no Australian Safety Standards for bassinet safe sleeping, we have been advised by industry experts (Red Nose and IMPAA) that even with full mesh sides and an aerated base, they would never approve a pram bassinet as a safe sleeping environment.

Pram bassinets are much narrower and even with mesh sides that are breathable, when they press up against the mesh it can block their nose causing suffocation risk.

SIDS/Red Nose have more information on safe sleeping practices here: https://rednose.org.au/article/bassinettes

I hope that's helpful, if you had any more questions, feel free to send them through :)

Aditi

Aditiasked

Hi
Is it suitable for newborn ?

Emma
Emma

I got the bassinet as well and absolutely! It is so super soft, and after bub grows out of the bassinet there’s the seat. It’s really easy to swap over too!

Babybee P.Babybee

Hi Aditi, thanks for your question! The ROVER is suitable from newborn (with the use of the bassinet), until around 4 years. Please don't hesitate to contact us at hello@babybeeprams.com.au if you have any other questions - we are happy to help!

Holly

Hollyasked

Rover 2019

Are there any plans to release the Duo2 in the Sage colour?

Babybee P.Babybee

Nothing in the pipeline Holly!

Wunna Z.asked

Rover 2019

I am an expectant father and looking for a pram in the market. I am just wondering why don't i see Babybee Rover in real world likes Supermarkets & Parks (i saw once only in 2-3 months) except a lot of positive reviews online. And could't find honest/non-sponsored video reviews on youtube.

Jess P.
Jess P.

Hi Wunna, the reason why you won’t be able to buy/view the pram in any shop is because you can only purchase them directly with Babybee, this is one reason why their price is so low compareable to other brands they don’t have any supplier fees.

I understand that it feels weird and insecure to purchase something you never seen. I just received my pram a few weeks ago and was sceptical but it is a great pram and the reviews do justice!

I’d recommend to watch the videos on their website to get a better idea of the Pam and it’s functions! It helped me with my decision !

They also offer a free return and refund if you don’t like it! I think it is up to 9 month so you can order early and make your mind up :)

I hope this helps

Good luck! Jess

Wunna Z.

Thanks for your reply Jess.
I do understand their marketing strategy which eliminates the retail markup and other extra costs. That is real good for consumers. Which i feel weird about is that i didn't see people are using in places like some parks and shopping malls like Chadstone, Fountain Gate, etc. I saw other popular brands here and there but Babybee. And very few to none independent video reviews on youtube as well. For Free return and refund, i saw several complaints about their customer services.

Hi Wunna,

Thanks so much for getting in touch!

There are definitely thousands of happy Babybee customers out there. A great way to see actual customer photo's is to have a look at our Instagram page. If you click on the 4th tab along the top, these are all of our tagged photo's (ones that customers have put up).

And then if you decide to purchase, Jess is absolutely correct. We offer free returns within 9 months of purchase, allowing you to carefully set-up and test the pram at home (indoors) and if you decide it's not the perfect pram for you, you simply re-pack it as it came in its original packaging (we have a video to show you how) and drop it off at your nearest post office with a postage paid label that we'll send you.

We have no doubt you'll love the pram but just in case the option to return is there for you, no questions asked!

mubin m.

mubin m.asked

Rover 2019

Is there any new model for Rover coming out any time soon ?

Renee K.
Renee K.

I asked this before I ordered mine last month, they told me they wont be updating the rover 2019 this year

Hello,
Thanks so much for your question!
Feedback from the 2019 model ROVER has been really positive (plus we just won the ProductReview award for best 4 wheel pram!) so there are no plans for a new model at this stage.
We have just released a new colour to the ROVER range called Sage. You can find it here - https://babybeeprams.com.au/products/rover2019?variant=32683118526552

KellS

KellSasked

Rover 2019

Hi, I would just like to know how sturdy it is, especially if i was to be going across different terriane, given that it is such a lightweight pram. Thanks.

Hello!
Thanks for your question!
Our prams have been designed for "urban living" so footpaths, shops and local parks are ideal surfaces. When it comes to off-road and uneven terrain they can definitely handle it, they just won't feel as comfy for you or bub as a 3 wheeled jogging stroller would with much larger wheels.
It's really the front swivel wheels that become the issue rather than the rear when you take a pram off road. And the same is true for all strollers with smaller front swivel wheels less than 17cm diameter (our DUO with front wheels of 23cm performs the best of our 3).
Our new Aeroglide wheels are made from a high-grade PU rubber that offers some of the cushioning that air tires do but without the maintenance and punctures. They're also resistant to fine gravel and small stones so they'll stay looking newer for longer and won't wear out anywhere near as fast as traditional EVA wheels.

Chelsasked

Rover 2019

I live in a country town and walk my dogs at the local rifle range which has gravel and dirt roads, not too rough like pot holes or anything like that. Will the Babybee Rover 2019 be ok for this type of terrain on the regular?

Hi Chels,
Thanks for your question.
I hope that's answered your question if you need anything else please don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help!

Chels

Thank you for your feedback. I will try it out and see how we go.

Thanks Chels!

Emily L.

Emily L.asked

Rover 2019

Hi, is this good option for someone who plans to go on daily exercise walks?

Stella
Stella

Yes. Such a lightweight pram. You won’t regret it.

Lise C.

Lise C.asked

Rover 2019

Can you get the belly bar in black as well as tan?

Hi Lise,
Our Belly Bar is only available in tan.

Ariana K.

Ariana K.asked

A baby seat is a pram

Hi Ariana,
Sorry, are you able to give us a little more information on what you are wanting to know?
Team Babybee

Adriana G.
Adriana G.

Just looking to see if it meets the Australian safety standards

Hi Adriana,
Absolutely! All our prams are third party tested and pass AS/NZS2088:2013 standards for safety and durability. We go beyond this with internal testing and a Quality Control team who inspect each individual pram before boxing rather than the industry practice of spot-checking boxed prams.
If you have any further questions we can help you with please email us at hello@babybeeprams.com.au. We're here to help!

Monique

Moniqueasked

Rover 2019

Can the Babybee Rover 2019 have the seat and bassinet attached at the same time? E.g. New born in the bassinet and 2 year old in the seat upright.

Faun
Faun

The Rover can't but i’m pretty sure they have another model that can. I think it's call the the Duo and is a similar cost.

Hi Monique,
The ROVER is a single pram only - if you are after a pram that can be set up as a single or double, we would suggest the DUO.
Team Babybee

Baby c

Baby casked

Rover 2019

Is there a way to attach a harness or something to strap baby in to the bassinet so baby won’t slide while walking up hills/getting on public transport etc

HI There,

Unfortunately the ROVER bassinet does not allow for a harness. All bassinets will slope slightly towards the feet end to ensure that no matter where your baby is placed inside, the bassinet will never slope towards the head end (which could be dangerous).

All of our pram models are lab-tested and adhere to Australian Standards for safety and durability.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask we are happy to help!

Lauren S.

Lauren S.asked

Rover 2019

Hi team! What material is the frame made out of?
Thanks!

Hi Lauren,
The frame is made of aluminium, which is why it is both super sturdy and lightweight! It's also backed by a 3-year warranty ;) Let us know if you have any other questions!

Vicky V.asked

Rover 2019

The manual says the bassinet is not designed to be carried by the belly bar with your child
inside. I thought one of the perks of a bassinet was taking it off with baby inside to allows access into small spaces without having to take in the whole pram with you? For example, a cafe or shop. I think other bassinets allow this functionality? FTM doing lots of research!

Hi Vicky.
We've also responded to your question via email, but for the sake of anyone else thinking the same:
There have unfortunately been cases globally of babies falling whilst in the bassinet causing injury due to the belly bar failing. Whilst Babybee has thankfully never had this happen, there is a risk that if the belly bar isn't completely clicked in properly and the parent tries to pick it up, it could release. So we would suggest either giving the belly bar a firm tug before picking up (to be sure it is indeed securely clicked in) or you keep one hand under the base just in case.

Vicky V.

Thanks team! Another quick question, does the pram attachment lay fully flat?

Babybee P.Babybee

Hi Vicky, the bassinet is a fully flat surface. The whole seat reclines back to 180 degrees (not just the back rest). Best way to see this in action is our demo video here: https://youtu.be/Ccs5MhlSiKo
Please feel free to email us at hello@babybeeprams.com.au if you require more videos, photos etc!

Sarah F.

Sarah F.asked

Rover 2019

How has this pram gone when you have taken it onto grass? I will be attending lots of footy matches so interested to know how people have found it pushing it on grass. Thanks in advance.

Rebecca Matthew
Rebecca Matthew

I can’t say I’ve taken it on the grass as of yet! Sorry

Babybee P.Babybee

Hi Sarah, thanks for asking! Our prams have been designed for urban living so footpaths, shops and local parks are ideal surfaces. When it comes to off-road and uneven terrain which some grassed areas can be, they can definitely handle it, it just won't feel as comfy for you or bub as a 3 wheeled jogging stroller would with much larger wheels.

It's really the front swivel wheels that may become the issue rather than the rear. And the same is true for all strollers with smaller front swivel wheels less than 18cm diameter. You will need to lock the front wheels so they can't swivel however even when locked they won't handle the bumps and potholes in grassed areas like a larger wheel would.

Our new Aeroglide wheels are made for a new type of rubber that offers a more cushioned ride than regular EVA wheels so you'll notice that they wear much better and stay looking newer for far longer. They're also puncture proof which is a big plus! Hope this helps answer your question! - The Babybee Team

Eve
Eve

Hi there, just following on from above - we experienced quite bad wheel shudder from the front wheels of our new Duo yesterday when taking it on uneven terrain briefly. Is there a way to set them straight again? They continued to be very shaky afterwards. Also, if you got the Aeroglide front wheels, would you also need to buy them for the back too? Or could you continue to use the regular back wheels with it? Thanks for your help!

Get an answer from our members and Babybee representatives