4Bellamy's Organic Formula

Bellamy's Organic Formula Questions & Answers

Tamaraih S.
Tamaraih S. · Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

My son 1year+,now he taking step 3.is that okey,if he drink more then 8 scoope perday.any contraindication...

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Thank you for reaching out to Bellamy's Organic. The suggested number of serves is provided as a serving guide, for when a toddler’s dietary intake may not be enough. We don’t recommend more than this as too much milk (or of any particular food group) can fill them up and make them less hungry for other foods. This will make mealtimes difficult, and they can miss out on other important nutrients. Remember their tummies are small, roughly around the size of a fist, so kiddies at this age do well with smaller snacks and meals. Don’t forget, toddlers should be offered and encouraged to eat a wide variety of nutritious foods to meet their nutrient needs, and to provide a basis for lifelong healthy eating habits.

Sharni T.
Sharni T. · Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi there, I am currently overseas and have run out of stage 2 formula for our 8 month old. Is it OK to give stage 3 formula to our 8 month old for 3 days? He is also eating 3 meals a day on top of the 4 bottles a day of stage 2. We have stage 3 formula on hand for our 2 year old.

Othneil P.
Othneil P. · Formula

Hey is the formula safe to use after expiration date ?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Dear Othneil, thank you for your question. We do not recommend using formula past its use by date. After this date the product may be unsafe to consume even if it looks fine because the nutrients in the product may become unstable or a build-up of bacteria may occur.

Sandra O.
Sandra O. · Formula

We have a shortage of stage 3 and 4, can I use stage two for my 21 month old until I can get stage 3 or 4?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Dear Sandra, thank you so much for your question. It is safe and will not cause any harm to your toddler if they drink our Step 2 Follow-On Formula. However, Step 2 Formula is crafted to support the nutritional needs of infants from 6-12 months. Therefore, we would not recommend that your toddler has many feeds of Infant Formula as a complete varied solid diet should be of preference over the Formula.
Our Toddler Milk is not a formula or a principle source of nutrition. It is a supplementary milk drink that contains additional vitamins and minerals and should form part of a varied solid diet that includes; vegetables, fruits, whole grains, meats and dairy products.
If you are looking to find stockists, may I suggest Amazon as a possible source for the Step 3, I can see they have availability.
Kindest Regards,

Ej J.
Ej J. · Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi bellamy’s milk my baby already started step 2 can i ask if it’s really a bubbly milk?

Jayssa  Roman
Jayssa Roman

So I’m also on step 2 and no it is not bubbly to us. I’m sure you know this but you shouldn’t shake the bottle to mix it instead swirl it. I hope this helps!

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Thank you for your question. As we use only certified organic ingredients our product may vary slightly in the way it mixes from batch to batch. We manufacture in small batches and organic ingredients do vary from season to season. Some batches may be quite frothy with lots of bubbles, while other batches may have no bubbles at all. This is not a problem, this is normal. The reason that some batches can be quite frothy is because we produce our formulas with real full cream milk powder, which does the same. When you turn the bottle upside down for feeding, milk fills the teat completely and the froth goes to the other end, so baby won’t get any air from the bottle. Some parents stir the formula first and then shake the bottle to dissolve the formula further. From the feedback we have received this creates less froth or bubbles. You can also tap the mixed formula in the bottle on a bench, a bit like when you get a latte at a coffee shop and they bang the jug of milk prior to pouring it in the cup. It is also worth noting, frothing or bubbles do not pose a problem with baby either as long as you ensure the teat on the bottle is full when your little one is feeding then there will not be excessive air intake.
At Bellamy’s Organic, the health and safety of babies and children is our priority, and we are committed to using only the highest quality ingredients and applying the strictest safety standards for our products.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.
Sincerely,
Bellamy’s Organic

santhni s.
santhni s. · Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

My baby is having diarrhoea since I started Step 3. I did gradually change from Step 2 to Step 3. But she has been having diarrhoea since introducing Step 3. She didn’t have issues with step 2. It’s been a week since she transitioned. Should I go back to Step 2. I have tried lightening her Step 3 milk under doctors advice but she is still having diarrhoea. Any ideas?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Dear Santhni, Thank you for contacting Bellamy’s and sorry about your experience. We do not expect to see diarrhoea when transitioning from step 2 to step 3. After 12 months of age, toddlers no longer need infant formula and should be transitioned onto toddler milk or a fresh milk. The quantities of toddler milk should be no more than 350 ml per day in addition to a solid diet which includes a wide variety of nutritious foods. If you would like to speak to our dietitian directly, please contact us via our care line on 03 6332 9200.
Danielle

santhni s.
santhni s. · Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hi May I know if one scoop is half of the plastic scoop provided or full scoop?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Hi, thank you for your question. 1 scoop means 1 full scoop. When preparing fill the measuring scoop with formula powder and level off using the leveling blade on the tin.

Jayssa  Roman
Jayssa Roman

1 scoop is a full scoop which will give you 2 ounces.
The little lip is for you to level off the powder.
Love this stuff and more importantly baby boo loves it too!!

Agilesh D. · Step 2 Follow-on Formula

To add to my previous question, I was provided with a small blue scoop which was attached to the lid in step 1 bellamy's organic and a large white scoop inside the tin. It clearly stated that I should use the blue scoop which was 4 scoops for 120ml, the step 2 bellamy's organic is not a raised tin and it only comes with a white scoop which I can only find if I dig in. And step 2 states 2 scoops for 120ml, so I'm wondering whether I should the large white scoop or the small blue scoop that I saved from step 1? I feel that my baby does not feel full and crying more often for milk after I changed to step 2 so I'm afraid that I'm mixing very little quantity.

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Dear Agilesh, to clarify the difference in the scoops; according to Malaysia regulation, for Step 1, the Malaysia scoop size has to be smaller than the Australia scoop size, hence a blue scoop is attached to the raised plastic lid. However, for Step 2 this is not required, instead the white scoop within the can, is permitted to be used. So in comparison, two blue scoops (4.4g x 2 = 8.8g) is equivalent to one white scoop (8.8g x 1 = 8.8g).
I hope this helps with your concerns, please let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.

Agilesh D. · Step 2 Follow-on Formula

I switched my 6 months baby to bellamy's organic step 2 and it indicates that the recommended feeding scoops is 2 scoops for 120ml . I’m wondering if they will feel full? As the previous step 1 bellamy's organic was 4 scoops for 120ml.

Agilesh D. · Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi.. why does bellamy step 2 doesn't provide the blue scoop?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Dear Aglish, the blue scoop is included with our Malaysian tins as the Malaysian feeding table doesn’t align with the Australian feeding table, Bellamy’s needed to fit a raised lid with spoon. If you prefer English & prefer to remove the over- wrapper you can then adhere to the feeding table on the can and use the spoon found inside the can.
The Malaysian version does come with a blue scoop that should follow the Malaysian directions. The White scoop is for Australian labelling and if you use the white scoop, please follow the English instructions.
If you are missing the blue scoop with the raised lid please advise the batch details so I may report to the Quality Team. We are very sorry for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

Sashanka G.
Sashanka G. · Formula

Is Bellamy’s organic 2 is good for baby with eczema?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Dear Sashanka, Thank you for your enquiry.
Bellamy's Organic Formula is suitable for infants with eczema. Eczema alone is not an indication for specialised infant formula. Most children with eczema do not have any reactions to food. However, in some children, food allergy may be a trigger. Food allergy needs to be considered in babies with very widespread eczema who are not responding to eczema treatment.

It is important not to restrict your child's diet or change formula unless you have been advised to do so by a doctor, allergist or dietitian. An allergist may choose to test your child to confirm any food allergies.

For more information see our website external link

chinmei_u
chinmei_u · Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi , I just switch my 6 month baby to stage 2 milk , and I found that it’s indicate that the recommend feeding for 6 month baby is 120ml with 2 scoop . I’m wondering will they feel full ? As the previous stage 1 is 150 ml with 5 scoops

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Dear Chinmei_u, thank you for your message. Can I please confirm with you which formula you are using? Is it Bellamy's Organic? Our Step 2 indicates that from 6-12 months the ratio is 240ml and 4 scoops? Was the Step 1 you were using Bellamy's Organic as well? As the portions you have indicated aren't what we have recommended on the label. Our formula's have been crafted to suit the nutritional needs within the defined age groups. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our careline on 1800 010 460 or via email at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au.

Min L.
Min L. · Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hi, my son is turning 3 end of the year, can I switch him to step 4 even before he turns 3 or he has to be 3 yrs 01 to consider 3+ years of age as stated in step 4 label?

Yer Y.
Yer Y. · Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hi Belamy's my daughter use this formula since she was born .she's now 2/8year 8 months so what's best for her at her stages plz

Lipur
Lipur · Formula

Can I use step 1 formula in my baby once she is over 6 months? And if so what are the preparation guidelines? Ie how many scoops and mls?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Hi there, Unless advised otherwise by a medical professional, it is advised that you slowly transition to Step 2 at 6 months. It is important that you do prepare the formula as per the feeding table on the back of the tin. The number of feeds printed on the feeding table is a rough guideline, so if you are finding that your little one is consuming more/less than what is recommended, that is typically fine. However, you need to ensure the water to powder ratios are prepared to according to the advice on the feeding table.
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact us at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au

Elisa Y.
Elisa Y. · Formula

Hi bellamys I wonder if my baby not drink the formula because she is too sleepy to drink, can i put the milk into the refrigerator ? Is it ruin the nutrition if i warm the milk again?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Dear Elisa, Thank you for your query. We strongly recommend to throw away any leftover formula after use. Storing half-empty bottles for future use is risky because they get contaminated quickly once they’ve been sucked on. Don’t worry if they don’t finish the bottle! Babies are very good at judging how much they need. If your little one goes to sleep, put them over your shoulder, rub their back and stoke their head, legs and tummy. A nappy change is also a good way to wake them up. Wait until they are properly awake before offering more feed. If this is continuously happening you can try making smaller feed volumes. If you need any further assistance, please contact us directly at +61 3 6332 9200

Dave
Dave · Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hi there,
Referring to Sterwina’s question regarding
3-MCDP content amount in your products.
I’d like clarification if you do or do not have the highest amount of 3-MCDP in your formula compared to other formulas on the market?
David

Amy M.
Amy M.

I'd like to know this too! Has made me question whether to continue feeding my bubs this formula, even if it meets Australian standards, the fact that there's a report saying it has unsafe levels of anything makes me very concerned.

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Hi Dave, I refer to your recent enquiry regarding the Hong Kong Consumer Council Article last year referring to 3-monochloropropanediol (3-MPCD) levels in our formula products. We want to reassure you that all Bellamy’s Organic products are safe for use. All our products comply with the Australian and New Zealand Food Standards (FSANZ) Code, United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization / World Health Organization food additives Joint Expert Committee (JECFA) and European Food Safety Administration (EFSA) on 3-monochloropropanediol (3-MCPD).

The Hong Kong Food Safety Centre (operated by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) released a clarification notice regarding the articles that you refer to, stating that all formulas tested meet the relevant standards. This was not published in English so an interpreted copy can be sent to you if you send us an email at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au

Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ) also released a statement in response to the Hong Kong news, stating that Australian infant formulas are safe for use the following link is attached for your information:

external link

Given we don’t test competitors’ products we are unable to provide a comparison of these against our product.

Jennifer L.
Jennifer L. · Step 3 Toddler Milk Drink

Hi, Bellamy..my daughter turns 2 years old this Sept.. Can I have bellamy steps 4 if the steps 3 faces shortage problem? My daughter adapt well in bellamy series since from born. Solid food is taken everyday.. Asking frm malaysia❤️

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for your enquiry. Whilst the nutrient levels differ, step 4 can be consumed for children over the age of 12 months and is well tolerated. One to two serves are recommended per day in addition to a wide varied diet.
I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to contact us with further questions!

GGrov
GGrov · Formula

Hi, 7 month old little one. Has been on Bellamys since birth and has been fine. Since being on stage 2 for a month now. She is really struggling to digest and getting stomach aches. Is it ok to stay on Stage 1, given also giving her solids?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Hi GGrov, Thanks for your enquiry.
When transitioning formulas, we generally recommend a slow transition and allow a few weeks to adapt. If your baby is sensitive, they can remain on stage one infant formula for the first 12 months. Higher amounts of nutrients are requirements at 6 months but they will be getting these from solid foods including iron-fortified cereals. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our nutrition team directly at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au

Chelsea R.
Chelsea R. · Step 2 Follow-on Formula

I have just changed my 6 month old to the stage 2 formula but he cannot finish a 240mil bottle so I just make up 180mil of water and add 3 scoops. Is this ok?

Bellamy's Organic   DM

Hi Chelsea! This is fine. The water to formula ratio is 1 scoop to 60mls of water. You can also opt to pre-prepare formula. If you are pre-preparing your formula, make up the formula and pop it in the fridge – you need to make sure that you use refrigerated formula within 24 hours. Once your baby is ready for a feed bring the bottle to a suitable and safe feeding temperature, shaking the bottle to make sure any hot spots are evened out and test on your wrist. If your baby doesn’t drink the entire bottle then you need to discard any unfinished feed.

I hope this helps and please don't hesitate to contact us with further questions at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Bellamy's Organic representatives

Select a listing for your question
Bellamy's Organic Formula