7Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Stacey S.
Stacey S.

Hi I’ve just turned my 3yr old forward facing. He was right on the must be forward facing marker, however now he has dropped right down and is almost below the must be rear facing marker. Can I use the insert in the forward facing position, to lift him up a little?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi, thank you for contacting us, as long as his shoulders are above the "must be rear facing" marker it is safe to continue in forward facing. Please do not use the insert in forward facing, as this has been tested for rear facing use.
Kind Regards the Britax Team

Abi J.
Abi J.

Hello,

Does the britax graphene plus have an adjustable crotch buckle?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi, thank you for contacting us, the Graphene+ does not have an adjustable crotch buckle.
Kind Regards the Britax Team

Chris M.
Chris M.

I have a graphene in the forward facing position for my 3 year old. The back is raised so that the straps line up to his shoulders as is described in the manual. However, with the backrest raised it rattles significantly when driving. Is this meant to happen?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Chris, thank you for your message, the head rest should not be rattling, can you please return your seat back to your store of purchase, the store will arrange to send your seat into our nearest authorized repair agent for an assessment. Check with the store is they have a loaner seat available for you. Kind Regards the Britax team.

Lisa
Lisa

I have purchased a britax baby capsule in very good condition how I have realised the buckles to strap baby in are on the wrong sides. I have to twist it to up it in properly. I can’t slide buckle off and swap around as the strap won’t spine through where it is stitched. Has anyone else had this problem?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Lisa, thankyou for your message below is a link on how to untwist a harness external link  Kind Regards the Britax Safe-n-sound team

Kate P.
Kate P.

We have lost the newborn insert and need to use the car seat in 3 weeks for our second.. our baby most likely will be on the bigger side at around 4 kilos or more. Can we buy another insert? It is it actually mandatory to use?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Kate, thankyou for your message, we do not sell the insert for the Graphehe as a separate item, you can use the Britax Unity Comfort Insert, available on our web site or your local baby nursery store. Kind regards the Britax Safe-n-sound team

Summer A
Summer A

Hi, I am about to have another baby and have lost the insert for the Graphene. Can a newborn use this seat without the additional padding or is this unsafe? Thank you

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Summer, thank you for your message, we do not sell the Graphene insert as a separate item, you can use the Britax Unity comfort insert, available on our web site or through your local baby nursery store. Kind Regards the Britax Safe-n- sound team.

Jasmyne C.
Jasmyne C.

My Graphene’s buckle is getting stuck and one side not releasing at all when trying to take child out of the seat. Is this ok? Is it still safe for use?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Jasmyne, thank you for your message, please refer to the instruction manual regarding the cleaning of the buckle, overtime, sticky liquid, milk, crumbs, lint can fall into the throat of the buckle and cause it not to function correctly. Kind Regards the Britax Safe-n-sound team.

Emma H.
Emma H.

Hi , I have a 10 week old and he screams in the car the base where his bum sits seems to be very deep and hard to get his bum in as it’s just way too steep and deep it’s uncomfortable for him. I had it installed by baby bunting does this sound incorrect ?

Ollie
Ollie

Yep, sounds about right. Mine stopped screaming and being uncomfortable at the age of 2. Not for long trips tho, as she wakes up screaming being in pain. Tried to ask bb to exchange, but they won't.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Emma, thank you for your message, Graphene is one of our most popular car seats, please call our Customer Support team for assistance on 1300 303 330 Kind regards the Britax Safe-n-sound team

MeaghanB
MeaghanB

Is my graphene approved for use in the UK?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Meagan, thank you for your message, the Graphene is only approved to be used in Australia. Kind Regards the Britax team

Tony Brodie
Tony Brodie

Hi, I have two Britax Graphene installed professionally, however both seats have an issue with the release. When our child is in the seat (rear facing and iso attached) and we go to release the straps (While lifting the release latch), the harness belts are always stuck. It requires serious amount of pulling power to get it loose to be able to click release and get our child out. We’ve checked and the strap isn’t twisted underneath. What could be the cause so we can fix it and have an easy release each time?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Tony, thank you for your message, when adjusting the harness always put your hand behind both shoulder harness and release, if you try only releasing one shoulder harness at a time it can jam at the back of the seat. Kind Regards the Britax team

Mandy Civello
Mandy Civello

Hi, can we purchase the newborn insert at all separately?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Mandy, I am sorry we do not sell the insert as a separate item for the Graphene, you can use the Britax Unity Comfort Insert, available on our web site or through your local Baby Nursery store. Kind Regards the Britax team

Blythe S.

I’m trying to register my car seat. It’s a Britax Graphene. Where would I find the serial number and manufacturing date?? Thanks.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Blythe, thank you for your message, the information is under the seat. Kind Regards Heather

Blythe S.

Thank you. That’s quite inconvenient though as it’s already been installed.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Ican give you a serial no. to us re registration when call always amend at a later date. SF111000 Kind Regards the Britax Safe-n-Sound team

Val S

Hi we have a rear facing Britax graphene with 2.8 year old. He is almost at the shoulder mark where it could be turned forward facing, however I am hoping to keep it rear facing as long as possible for the safety benefits.
Our issue is that his straps oven fall loose around his shoulder (not sure if its because he is turning to the front to look at us and chat) or if there is something we could do differently with the straps. When we put them on they seem fine and we allow for a couple of fingers space and they are snug fit.
Any advice please?

oops often * not oven

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Val, thank you for your message, always make sure you pull any slack from the waist strap as well, when a harness slips sometimes it is an indication that the lower adjuster needs a clean, please see the below instructions. If the harness is slipping it sounds like there maybe something in the lower adjuster mechanism. I would suggest that you remove the seat cover, then gentle remove to two black scrivet with a flat head screwdriver, then you will be able to remove the adjuster cover so that you can access the adjuster mechanism, this has grooves that you will need to clean of any debris with a little nail brush/vacuum, once you’re done this and the harness is locking as designed please replace the adjuster cover and refit the scrivet to the cover plate, then refit you seat cover. Kind Regards The Britax team

Sofie B.
Sofie B.

Friends suggested we need to buy an additional ‘newborn insert’ for the Britax Graphene and the Brava (we have both, one for each car) - is this true or is the insert it comes with sufficient? Our baby weighs around 3.2 kgs.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Sofie, thank you for your message, you do not need to purchase an additional insert, the insert in your seat is suitable for a 3.2kg baby an insert is for comfort and can be removed at any time you if you feel your baby is getting a little squished. Kind Regards the Britax team.

Susan P.
Susan P.

At what weight should the insert be removed? My 3 month old is 7kg and seems to hate going in her car seat. Looking for ways to improve her experience

Trav
Trav

Hi There,
our Graphene + is tightening uneven. One against the should is tight and secured. The other is lose enough to almost fit a fist under.
Its in the rearward facing position so we are able to grab the straps from behind the seat. it doesnt matter what we do they tightend unequally. Help please

Ryan T.
Ryan T.

We had this problem a while back. It wasnt the strap that caused it like it looks like but the buckel they click into. If you look under the seat at from the metal clip that holds this in place is likely not sitting right on one side... that's what happened to us anyway

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Trav, thank you for your message, always put your hand behind the harness when loosening off, please return back to your store of purchase, the store will arrange to send your seat into our repair agent for assessment, please check with the store as they can generally offer you a loaner seat. Kind regards the Britax Safe-n-sound team.

omc.1
omc.1

Can the britax graphene be used on the aeroplane to Japan?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi, thank you for your message, the Graphene complies to the Australian Standard, you would need to check with your airline. Kind Regards the Britax Safe-n-sound team

Sarah C.
Sarah C.

Hey, I'm trying to find the manufacture date and re order code on the graphene+ V2

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Sarah, thank you for your message, this information is on the underside of the car seat under where you child's bottom would be. Kind Regards the Britax Safe-n-sound Team

HJR
HJR

Is the extra padding in the seat a newborn insert ?? If so can I remove it he is starting to hate getting in his car seat. He just looks too big for it

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi HJR, thanks for your question. We would recommend that the padded insert may be used for smaller babies in rearward facing mode. Discontinue the use of the padded insert if there is insufficient room for the child or shoulders have reached the lower shoulder height marker. Kind regards, the Britax team.

sam p.
sam p.

I’ve fitted the seat in reverse facing position, using isofix mounts, works perfectly! The problem im getting is when I pull the aingle strap harness adjuster near baby’s feet, to tighten harness when baby is in seat, the harness straps on the backside of seat get caught on the adjuster for the shoulder height, I have to reach in and pull them down tighy before I can pull on the single strap at baby’s feet. Am I doing something wrong?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Sam, thanks for your question. When adjusting the shoulder straps we would always recommend that you place your hand under both strap then adjust as if you adjust the straps using one hand on one strap this can cause the harness to become uneven. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to email us at aunz-support@britax.com kind regards, the Britax team.

AlexP

Hi, I’m using my britax graphene safe and sound forward facing and my car doesn’t have isofix. I’m using the seatbelt path as described in the instructions, but I can’t seem to get it right enough.

Maybe I’m just crack handed but once I tighten the lap belt, then I try and feed the sash belt with slack into the yellow lock off slots(does the sash belt need to go into both or just one? If so, which one?!) but I can’t quite get it in securely, and if it does go in somewhat, by the time I’ve pulled the slack through, then the lap belt comes loose. I’m at my wits end, I thought I’m following the instructions but obviously I’m doing something wrong. Anyone else had problems with this?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Alex, thank you for your message, the vehicle seat belt does need to go through just one of the lock off's a lot of installers use a gated buckle, a gated slide buckle can be used in vehicles with lap sash belts where the tongue slides freely and prevention of seat belt slippage is necessary, or where conversion of a lap sash seat belt to a lap belt configuration is required for use with a child safety harness. Kind Regards The Britax Team

Felise Adams
Felise Adams

I’m also having a lot of trouble! The forward facing belt paths are incredibly difficult to get the sash belt through. Can’t see a way to release it to get the seatbelt in there easily?! I also can’t get sash belt through both paths - when I do and pull to secure it pulls out of the one closest to the seatbelt clicker! Also at my wits end :-(

AlexP

I gave up trying to use two, and as previous answer suggests, it only needs to go through one..I guess it’s the one closest to the door on whatever side you have the seat. I think I might have solved it, I turned the seat on its side first and found I could access the yellow belt stoppers easier this way. I connected the seat belt and then manually fed the sash belt into the yellow stopper then orientated the seat into the correct position, made sure the lap belt was under the hooks, and pulled tight on the sash belt while putting my weight on the seat. Because it was fully in the yellow stopper, it didn’t come out as it has been before when I tried to feed it with the seat in the upright position

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023. Learn more