Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene

Britax Safe-n-Sound Graphene Questions & Answers

40 questions from our users

Julia M

Julia Masked

How easy is it too install? We swap cars a lot

Sonia
Sonia

I had mine professionally fitted and moved out of the car. I purchased another one for my husband’s car

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Julia M, thanks for your question. All of our car seats come with a user manual for self installation or there is the option of an accredited car seat installer. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Kathryn Sanderson

Kathryn Sandersonasked

Does the britax graphenehave a newborn insert that needs to be removed when the child is a bit bigger?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Kathryn, thanks for contacting us today. Yes, the Safe-n-Sound Graphene does come with an infant insert. The insert is a comfort item and can be removed when you feel that your child no longer requires the extra padding. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Shayna

Shaynaasked

Can you install the https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-graphene/#tab-product-highlights rear facing with only isofix or does it have to be done with the teather?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Shayna, thanks for your question. The tether strap is mandatory as part of the Australian standards on the Safe-n-Sound Graphene and must be attached even if using the isofix attachments. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

H Ha

H Haasked

What’s the difference between the Graphene and Graphene V2?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi H Ha, thanks for your question. The older model of the Safe-n-Sound Graphene has been replaced with a newer model and the only changes made are the re-order code and the black harness. The product name is still the Safe-n-Sound Graphene, not Graphene V2. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email us au-support@britax.com
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Overly cautious

Overly cautiousasked

I have just installed our graphene. After reading a lot of comments I know a twist in the tether strap is normal in rf. What is the Britax policy on rethreading the tether strap to remove the twist?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Overly cautious, thanks for your message. The tether strap can be changed to the other side however, this can only be done by a Britax repair agents or an accredited car seat fitter. If you wish for us to help you locate one in your state/suburb, please email us at au-support@britax.com.
Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Mandy P

Mandy Pasked

Hi, I am trying to tell the difference between the Graphene, Graphene + and Graphene Tex. Other than fabric, is there any other differences? It seems the Tex reclines where as the Graphene and Graphene + do not is that correct? They are all the same size, isofix compatible and airline compatible? I want to check as the Graphene and Graphene + is available at my local baby store however the TEX is only avaibale at a store 1 hour drive away and don't want to travel is the same.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mandy P. Thanks for your question. The Graphene, Tex and + series are the same seat, the main difference is in the fabric. The + series have the thermo 5 fabric and memory foam on the inside of the fabric where as the Graphene Tex has the thermo 5 fabric no memory foam however the Tex fabric incorporates liquid barrier technology, causing spills to bead up and roll off your seat without compromising on its look, feel or comfort
The standard Graphene just has the bamboo thermo 5 fabric. The hardware and safety features are the same across all models, the only difference is in the fabrics between all three. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Charlotte R
Charlotte R

So glad someone asked this question and thanks Britax for your answer - Does the Graphene + also have the liquid barrier technology like the Tex does?

Crs
Crs

Looking at pics, the Graphene appears to have a pocket to hook the harness back but the Graphene + has some sort of little clips? We previously had one that had magnets and it was great!! So I'm wondering what the difference is?

TRK123

TRK123asked

At what age can car seat be forward facing?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi TRK123, thanks for your question. Age is used as a guide when determining when your child can be turned to forward facing. The height labels which are located on the left side of the seat (when facing the product) are used a rule as not all babies will grow at the same pace. Once your child reaches the first height marker, you have the option of turning him/her into forward facing or you can keep your child in rear facing until they reach the second height marker which then your child must turn into forward facing. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Mary09asked

I have the Britax Safe-n-Sound Millenia SICT when fo you take the padding out of the seat ( the piece that sits around there sidea?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Mary09, thanks for your question. The insert is a comfort item, not a safety item therefore, you may remove this item once you feel that your child no longer requires the extra padding. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Andrea K

Andrea Kasked

My baby is quite tall- when I adjust the height of the shoulder straps it means her head is no longer supported by the active head restraint. Is there a way to fix this?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Andrea K, thanks for your question. Please call our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can further assist you. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Rasha G.
Rasha G.

Andrea were you able to find a solution to this problem?

Paulo S

Paulo Sasked

What's the difference between the Safe and Sound Graphene vs Safe and Sound Graphene Plus?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Paulo S, thanks for your question. The Graphene + has thermo 5 fabric and memory foam on the inside of the fabric where as the Graphene just has the bamboo thermo 5 fabric.
The hardware and safety features are the same across all models, the only difference between the two is in the fabrics. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax Childcare team.

Nikkiasked

Is the Britax Safe n Sound Graphene basically the same as the target Safe n Sound quickfix? Same brand/ factory. https://www.target.com.au/p/safe-sound-quickfix-iso-convertible-car-seat/62761147

Or the Big W Safefix version? https://www.bigw.com.au/product/safe-n-sound-safe-fix-convertible-isofix-car-seat/p/808525/

What’s the difference? I’m looking for an affordable compact car seat for my VW Golf.

Sarah
Sarah

The quickfix is the same as the brava ... the brava is exclusive to baby bunting. The graphene has the side impact protection (air) and thermo5 material to keep baby nice and cool.. the brava and quickfix don’t have those features but they all share the same shell. They are a great seat, are short in length and width :) making it compact and perfect for a smaller car

Nikki

Thank you so much for your response - this is exactly what I was after to help me make a decision.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Nikki, thanks for your question. Please email our consumer support team on au-support@britax.com so we can further assist you with car seat comparisons between products. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Saran

Saranasked

Can anyone please advise me where to buy Britax Grapehene (Standard) soft insert for baby? I missed mine. The soft padding insert that comes with the seat itself.

Thank you.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Saran, thanks for your question. Please contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 for spare parts pricing and availability. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Nayim

Nayimasked

Hi there,
Would you pls tell the difference between the fabrics of Graphene and Millienia (base product not the plus series)? does the bamboo shoot at Graphene make much difference?

Thanks!
Nayim

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Nayim, thanks for your question. Both the Safe-n-Sound Millenia and Safe-n-Sound Graphene have the same Thermo5 fabric on the seats. Please see below link to our FAQs about Thermo5.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Natasked

Hi I have the graphene + and between our anchor point and the side tether strap it is all twisted so the grey button faces in the have the strap straight on the back of the seat, buy then it is twisted a few times to the anchor point, and if I twist so the grey button is facing out then both ends of the strap are twisted. Can you please help with how I fix this. Thankyou

Nathan
Nathan

Mine is the same and baffled me for a while at the start, I just now keep the grey button facing out like it should be and have the twist at the clip on the back of the seat. I think maybe that is how it is meant to be as if there wasn't a twist then the strap wouldn't go down the back of the car seat, through the clip then back up without it impacting/folding the strap if that makes sense. It sort of needs to twist at least once to allow it to reverse directions on the back of the seat.

Johnny P.

Yeah I have to do the same just have to have it twisted once near the buckle so the buttons facing me

Nat

Thanks, I found out through Britax that the twist is meant to be there while the seat is rear facing, and when I change to to forward facing the twist shouldn't be there for that.

Danielle

Danielleasked

Can you use a Britax graphene in England if the car in England has the isofix point in the boot like Australian cars?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Danielle, thanks for your question. The Safe-n-Sound Graphene only complies with the AUS/NZ standards. We suggest contact the country which you are travelling to enquire about their road laws and standards. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Jean T

Jean Tasked

Hi, could you please provide more information on the fabric differences of the Graphene range (standard, + Series and Tex)? Thanks.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Jean T, thanks for your question.
Graphene - Thermo 5 High Performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal delivers the premium comfort your baby. The fabric is a knitted fabric which provides airflow and wicks moisture away, keeping your baby cool, dry and comfortable.
Graphene Tex series - Stain resistant and moisture repellent properties combined with Thermo 5 High Performance fabric makes it easy to clean on the go.
Graphene + series - Body conforming memory foam properties for premium comfort combined with Thermo 5 High Performance fabric.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the safe-n-Sound team.

Almasked

Hi, we just bought the Graphene car seat in Perth and no salesperson was there that could install the seat. Weve come home and installed it rear facing but the strap you tighten on the door side (babys right when facing rear) doesnt sit flush to be able to tighten. To have it sit flush means the strap has to be twisted?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Alm, thanks for your question. Please email some photos of the section of the seat which you are referring to at au-support@britax.com so we can assist you further. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Johnny P.

Just wondering what the end result was as everyone has to have there’s twisted is there something else we should be doing so the button faces outwards??

Alm

No, I found a video on the install for britax and the guy says “Theres no way you can set it up without twists when in rear facing position” just try to not have to many twists. Ours is twisted at section behind the release buckle for strap.
I will add video link to help clarify

Thenrymy

Thenrymyasked

I just bought a Graphene Car Seat and am about to register for warranty. Could you advise the location of the Serial Number label?

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Thenrymy, thanks for your question. The serial number is located directly underneath the restraint. If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 or email us at au-support@britax.com. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Pippo

Pippoasked

I would like to know what exactly is the difference between the Graphene & the Graphene +. I understand the + is only available at Baby Bunting, & I already know about the Tex which is moisture repellent. I would like to understand what the difference is though between those other 2 models. I know the + series mentions it has body conforming properties to relieve pressure points for active comfort, & that it has unprecedented luxury, but what exactly do those things mean in a direct comparison between the 2 models. Thanks.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi Pippo, thanks for your questions. Please call our consumer support team on 1300 303 330 so we can further assist you with your questions in regards to the comparison between the two seats and the features. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Selda C.
Selda C.

Britax, it would be more helpful to respond to your customers’ comments here than simply writing a standard answer of contact us direct - other customers and prospective customers are likely to have similar questions/issues they would like to know the answer to.

Sara C
Sara C

Did anyone call.and find out the difference with the plus model?

tanasked

It is the time when i have to buy convertible car seat for my bub. Howere i am a bit confused as to which to buy between britax platinum pro+ vs Graphene. Would like to know safety feature differences between these two. I have no issue regarding space in the car.

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi tan, thanks for your question. Please email our consumer support team on au-support@britax.com so we can provide you with some further information in order to help you find a child restraint and assist you with product comparisons. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Hi..Thank you.
I have finally purchased the platinum pro plus. it's definitely the safest and most advanced compare to other brands

Support C.Britax Safe-n-Sound

Hi tan, that's great to hear. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our consumer support team on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Safe-n-sound team.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives