Cruise Guru Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Linae

Linaeasked

Why did some clients have the fees waived and others did not? Cruise Guru is a Qantas affiliate. Vote with your feet people and do not use companies who treat their clients like this. It is unfair.

Jenh
Jenh

I presume it depends on who deals with your refund ... its disgusting charging $110 a booking.
Lodge a complaint with the ACCC and your state Consumer Protection Agency.

Hi Linae

Cancellation conditions vary subject to criteria including booked date, cancelled date, cruise line etc, which we understand does make it confusing.

Elizabethasked

Very disappointed that $330 in fees has been deducted for our cruise that’s was cancelled by Princess in April for a June sailing. Money returned to Cruise Guru from Princess in April and they had it in their account earning interest until September when I finally received my refund after following it up. If I had booked with Princess direct I would have received a full refund as they cancelled. It’s a shame Cruise Guru didn’t do what Flight Centre did for their clients i.e waiver fees after public backlash. Friends got $30,000 back for a Scenic Cruise with no penalties. I’m sure this company has received an enormous amount in fees if each passenger paid $110. I find it very excessive. Unfortunately I won’t be booking with Cruise Guru in the future.

Halfpints
Halfpints

Majority of agents tend to retain a portion of a 'Covid' cancelled booking. We booked with another agent for a cruise which included a flight to get to the port. Even though the agent had said that their fees would be waivered, we were still charged $100 admin fee each, plus $260 each for the fight we were supposed to take, which the agent said was deducted by the airline, if we had booked the flight ourselves (even though WE had to do our own research for the one we required) we would have received a full refund.
Apparently, even Flight Centre didn't fully refund everyone's booking, our son and daughter in law did not receive the full amount for their booking.

Elizabeth

No flights involved with us. Cruise only so can’t see why they had to charges $330 per booking, understandable if it was $110 per cabin.

Samantha D.asked

I cancelled my carnival cruise that was suppose to depart in July on the 5th of may called last week they have my money just waiting in the que for refunds I get that it would be a very busy time for them but seriously Im struggling at this point in time like many others that could just use there refunds to help them get through these times but the way this refund is going through cruise guru I'll be booking direct for any further cruises as someone else we were going with cancelled at the same time and got refunded within a few weeks hoping I will get my refund real soon :(

Julia
Julia

When I contacted them they said they were dealing with refunds for sailings due in may. When you contact them again they provide standard info - no update on progress of where they are up to. You wil just have to research options of where you can complain to... Bank, consumer affairs etc. Good luck

Samantha D.

Rang again today completely different answer we are refunding when we can I'm going to try ring someone higher up tomorrow because I have no idea what's going on everyone is saying different things

Rocco85
Rocco85

Lol they don’t know what they are doing, when I called them today they said they were doing refunds for April sailings.

Colleenasked

Does cruise guru pass on full refund for Covid cancelled princess cruise or do they withhold fees?

Bruce and Marilyn
Bruce and Marilyn

They retain a cancellation fee

Colleen

Surely calling it a full refund is deceptive if they keep a cancellation fee.

Belle
Belle

They are claiming a fee of $110 pp . It's outrageous

Les

Lesasked

Hi I requested a 100% refund back in March an still no contact from yous except a Single reply to one of my emails ! When am I going to receive my money ? An am I going to be hit the $110 fee ? I have read in other questions on this platform that theres no fee resulting in the full refund can someone please call me as this is dragging on and on !

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Les. Unfortunately, refunds are taking an unusually long time for the cruise lines to process due to the sheer volume, on top of reduced working hours. We do understand this is frustrating during this difficult time, we are processing refunds as quickly as we can as soon as the money is returned by the cruise operators. We have put together an FAQ page to answer refund related questions which can be accessed here: https://www.cruiseguru.com.au/covid-19-frequently-asked-questions/

For any specific questions related to your own booking, please call our reservations team on 131303 between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri or email them at reservations@cruiseguru.com.au with your booking number or telephone number so that they can reach out to you.

Pat FRasked

I have a cruise booked for four persons ~ 18 Nights Transpacific Cruise on Radiance of the Seas, departing from Sydney on he 18 April 2020, obviously I cannot get to Sydney to embark ship and would like to know if this cruise has been cancelled and if and when I can expect some documents about a refund or future cruise voucher. Booking No. 251735

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Pat, apologies for the delay as this reviews platform is not manned every day at the moment. We can see that Maddy from our call centre was in contact with you by email, so hopefully your questions have now been addressed.

Pat FR

Thanks very much. Maddy has replied to my questions and concerns.

Dione F.

Dione F.asked

Hi i would like to know now CARIBBEAN have cancelled my cruise at end of march and we are offered the 125% cruise deal or a full refund. I DO NOT WANT THE 125% DEAL AS CAN NOT GO ON ANY CRUISE DUE TO OTHER COMMITMENTS I called Caribbean today and we are Obviously entitled to a full refund as was advised in email and by phone. Do you take any of my money and how much is that? Shouldn't be anything as i never cancelled and its a pandemic corona virus. Kind regardsI

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Hi Dione, thank you for contacting us. You will be receiving a full refund without cancellation fees. Please bear with us all as the cruise lines have thousands of refunds to process as you can imagine, so the turn around times are slower than usual.
Cruise Guru Team

Trevor M.asked

Normally book direct with Princess,booked with you this time,when will my cruise show up on my timeline i notice that cabin is shown as now taken but cruise not showing on Princess yet. Booked today

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks for the message, Trevor! Please share your booking reference no, so we can investigate further.

Hi Trevor,
Our reservation team has checked the booking and it looks like your past guest number was missing. Our team has applied it now and the booking should now reflect on the Princess Cruises website. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Thanks,
Cruise Guru Team

Trevor M.

Good work yes it is now there,very happy with service..

vitaly g.

vitaly g.asked

We plan 24 days cruise Japan & south east asia on Princess line, anybody can advise on their "dimond prinsses " quality of food and services?

Cruise GuruCruise Guru

Thanks so much for your question Vitaly G. One of our Princess Cruises specialists did a similar itinerary on the Diamond last year and really enjoyed the dining onboard. Her feedback is below:
There were many varieties of foods including an entire Japanese food section. The quality was nice as expected and exceeded the usual Princess Cruises standard.
The service onboard was also fabulous. The crew members were all incredibly friendly and very helpful. They will do their very best to meet the needs of their guests no matter how big or small the requirement may be. We had a wonderful time.
You can check more details about Diamond Princess on our website: https://www.cruiseguru.com.au/princess-cruises/diamond-princess/

John H

John Hasked

Hi, My booking number is 24128316. I have sent a couple of emails regarding cancellation and a full refund on Thu 27/06/2019 11:03 AM and followed up Thu 4/07/2019 1:54 PM but with no response to either. I don't want to action this further through external channels, I just want someone with marketing experience to accept responsibility and sort it out. Can you have someone look into it? John

McGrath 1Star
McGrath 1Star

John I had a response from when I cancelled try her good luck
Team Leader
Katrina Tufi
Telephone: 13 13 03 | Fax: 02 8003 9209
Cruise Guru - Reservations <reservations@cruiseguru.com.au>

Hi John,

Thank you for submitting your inquiry.

Your request has been passed to a Supervisor who I believe has been in touch with you today.

If you have any further questions or need assistance with an existing or new booking we do recommend to contact our call centre on 13 13 03 to speak with a consultant directly or by emailing reservations@cruiseguru.com.au.

Get an answer from our members and Cruise Guru representatives