Dux Proflo

Dux Proflo Questions & Answers

25S1 (25L), 25W124P (25L, Plug In), 50S1 (50L), 80T1 (80L), 125T1 (125L) and 23 more

110 questions from our users

Jane

Janeasked

Proflo 80F136G

Massive electricity bill that I'm attributing to the water heater (which I've set to lowest temp on thermostat). I see it's a 2007 model - would you agree it would be chewing up power?

Michael W

Michael Wasked

Proflo

I need to drain my dux pro flow (315lt) hot water tank to make minor levelling adjustment. It is new but does not seem to have a drain tap/spigot. How do I drain

Hi Michael,

Only a licensed plumber is able to drain the hot water system.

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can call you and provide you a local plumber?

Ron Beeasked

Proflo 50W124P (50L, Plug In)

What is the preset temperature when you purchase a new unit in Queensland?

I am sorry I cant help you there...The installer takes care of all the setting which I believe its a set...setting ..require by law in Qld. BUT the water temperature is ideal and constant. HENRI.

Hi Ron,

Electric storage heaters have the thermostat factory set to 65 Deg C. This can be adjusted by the installer between 60 Deg C minimum and 75 Deg C maximum.

Ron Bee

Thank you for answers ... The unit I am purchasing is a Dux 50L 2.4KW Proflo Plug In Electric Storage Water Heater that will be fitted under my home. If the unit is set by the installer to 60 Deg C and the tempering valve set to 45 Deg C ... How long would it take to heat the water to the set temperature?
Regards
Ron

Cold showerasked

Proflo 50W136

HI there, I bought a Dux 50W136 unit from Bunnings in 2017 for $400. Last week it starting tripping the fuse. I called Dux and they said a faulty element would do that. I called the technician they recommended and he has quoted $180 flat rate visit and $80 for a new element. Is it reasonable to expect the element to last more than 2 years?

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would like to resolve this issue for you.

So we can understand the specific details can you please email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number and serial number to help@dux.com.au so we can call you back, talk through the issue and try and resolve it for you?

Cold shower

Ok, I’ve sent you an email.

Cold shower

Hello? I’m still waiting to hear from Dux. Can you respond to my emails please?

Kym Shore

Kym Shoreasked

Proflo 80F136G

Our dux profLo was purchased and installed 3 years ago. Since then we have had constant clanking in our pipes when we turn the hot tap on and off and about 3days ago it started leaking out of the bottom of the tank. I checked all the things it says in the owners manual but we have had to shut the water off to the house as we are just emptying bucket after bucket. Do I need a new tank or a complete new system?

Kym

Hi Kym,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your best phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will be great.

Many thanks,

Giang V.asked

Proflo

We have a less than 1 year old electric Dux proflo water heater tank at home. A few days ago, it made a very unusual rumbling noise when we opened the hot water tap. I lifted up the relief valve manually and the noise was gone. I am just wondering that whether the relief valve is failed to adjust automatically? and is it dangerous if the valve does not work so that could lead to explosion? Thanks in advance. Giang

Hi Giang,

We are sorry to hear about your experience and really hope we can resolve your issues.

So we can locate your details easier can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Giang V.

Thank you for your response. I just emailed to the address above. Please check. Cheers

Hi Giang,

Our record shows that the issue has now been resolved.

Kindly notify us at help@dux.com.au if there are any future concerns.

jhawks

jhawksasked

Proflo

I have just moved into a new apartment which has been empty for some time
there is a musky smell coming from the dux proflow electric hot water system
can anyone suggest how i can get rid of this smell

Hi Jhawks,

It's our pleasure to answer your question.

But would you be able to email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Thanks,

Robyn M.

Robyn M.asked

Proflo

Do Dux proflo have an electrical reset button
we have no hot water

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for raising that question.

There are no user accessible parts inside the water heater, they can only be adjusted by suitably licensed tradespersons. Check at your meter box that the power is switched on to the unit.

If you still have any concerns, can you email through your full name (state this username as well), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Christina

Christinaasked

Proflo 315S1 (315L)

Hi there
I want to write a great review but how do i go about getting the warranty extension.??
Christina

Hi Christina,

Once you've completed your review just email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, date of purchase, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we will update our warranty system details.

Sheldonasked

Proflo

We have an 80lt electric hwu and we had no hot water but we discovered that the fuse in the meterbox had broken so this was repaired and we had hot water again but for only 3 days. The fuse in the meterbox is still intact and looks good, so we know it is not this problem this time.
Can anyone please help me as to what the problem could be?
Michelle

Sheldonasked

Proflo

Can anyone please help me as to what the problem could be?

Hi Sheldon,

Sheldon

We have discovered we have power at the meterbox but none at the actual hwu. The unit is only 3 years old, I will need to get the paperwork out and check the serial number on the unit when home.

Nicole C.

Nicole C.asked

Hi there,
Our hot water has been working perfectly. However, the last 4 days the system is not heating up properly. It only gets to a low lukewarm temperature. Even when it’s been left all day without use, still only lukewarm. Any ideas?
Thanks,
N

Jab
Jab

Nicole, I would have a plumber check the unit asap.
I'm no expert but it sounds like the thermostat has died to me.

Hi Nicole,

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Our team would like to resolve this for you. If you can email through your full name (state this username), best contact number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au we would greatly appreciate it.

Glenn C.

Glenn C.asked

Proflo

Can't light pilot light using bush button ignitor on Dux Proflow - Manufactured May 2004, Model 90 FL-B. (Propane Gas) Any advice please?

Hi Glenn,

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

There may possibly be an issue with the unit that is preventing it being lit.

If you can email through your full name (state this username), phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it will really help us investigate and discuss this with you.

Niomie Tan

Niomie Tanasked

Proflo

Have a 80L, I’ve notice that water has been leaking from the lower left out let. Is this normal?

Hi Niomie,

Our team would like to speak with you at your earliest convenience so we can get this sorted.

For us to locate your details easier can you email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed, model number and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Cheers,

Rick D.

Rick D.asked

Proflo 125T1 (125L)

Our system has no identifying stickers, scratched off ..?! height tells me it's a 125lt
the thermostat is EWT1L2-523 (6/4/20060) element plate says Kawa 051C 240/3600dux p/n 0102
the element or thermostat must be defective as we only get luke warm water for a few days now.. Does Dux still sell elements and thermostats for these models? (Perth)

Hi Rick,

To locate your details easier, can you email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au?

Awanohi

Awanohiasked

Proflo

I have a leak coming from the bracket bolted onto the electric hot water system under the cover maked temperature control. Do I need a plumber to resove this? I am a bit nervous about either over tightening the bolts or in fact removing thrm and causing a flood.

Hi Awanohi,

We'd be happy to assist you with your question.

If you can email through your full name, phone number, model number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au it would be much appreciated.

Hi Awanohi,

It may be that the tank is beginning to develop a leak, please isolate the power and water to it.

If you can please provide your best contact number and other details so we can call you and get this sorted.

John T.

John T.asked

Proflo

Hi I'm from Singapore and am using a 29p1-18 for the last 10 years or more. Recently there is leakage from the side and we were afraid to turn on. We like to replace but can you tell us your agent in Singapore we would very much like to use back your product? Thanks

Luc
Luc

Would not have a clue mate. I live in Australia so don’t have that info for you. Good luck with your quest.

thu.nguyen.1123

thu.nguyen.1123asked

Proflo

Hi I have a proflo model 135FN-B. Noticed a hissing sound with steam coming out top, we released the valve, turned off everything. The hissing goes away once water is off. Is it possible that there is a leak?

Hi Thu Nguyen,

It's our pleasure to answer your question.

But would you be able to email through your full name, phone number, address where the unit is installed and serial number of the unit to help@dux.com.au so we can assist you.

Cheers,

Hi Thu Nguyen,

Apologies for the delay.

From what you have described, there is a possibility that the unit is leaking and needed to be replaced.

To save you from calling us, please email through the details to help@dux.com.au so we can get in touch and discuss this with you.

John R.asked

Proflo

where is the reset button on a Dux gas water heater mounted on the wall outside. The unit is a 21ENB series model. I have changed the gas bottle and now it doesn't work, the troubleshooting said resat the unit and try again.

Hi John,

Thanks for your question and sorry for the delay.

If you can email through your contact number, address where the water heater is installed and serial number of the water heater to help@dux.com.au it will really help us get a response for you.

Hi John,

Please follow the following procedure:

1. Ensure that the Gas supply to the unit is ON
2. Turn the power OFF at the power point
3. Unplug the power cord
4. Wait 15 seconds
5. Plug the power cord back in, turn on the power point and then any remote controllers ON
6. Wait 15 seconds
7. Open a tap and confirm the unit is producing hot water.

Important Note:
The process above may need to be repeated 3-4 times, particularly if the unit has a long run from the Gas Meter or Bottles.

If the unit does not fire up after this process, place a Service Call with After Sales & Service 1300 365 115 Option 2 as required.

Hi Dux Team,
Thank you very much the unit now is working.
I now will use this method for future gas bottle changes.
John

Susie G.asked

Proflo 160S1 (165L)

Keeps flicking circut breaker off. When flicked back on all is ok for while then does it again? Help

Hi Susie,

Thanks for raising that question and really sorry for the delay.

Can you email through your name, contact number, address where the water heater is installed, model number and serial number of the water heater to help@dux.com.au so we can answer it for you.

Susie G.

Hi thanks for the reply :) turned out it was the thermostat flicking it off.. replaced and we are all good for another 10 years :) cheers

Get an answer from our members and Dux representatives