ESuperfund

ESuperfund Questions & Answers

45 questions from our users

How do you get out of esuperfund?
esuperfund.com.au/windupThanks

I urgently need to contact eSuper regarding a fund that was managed for me by my Father who is very ill and returns have not been lodged. Is there ANY away to contact them???? I don’t know account details. Please help!!!
Hi Lynne, Yes this is a problem for them, they do not have a contact number, if you would like to email me your details I can go into my portal on your behalf and ask them to call you. jmoloney@adam.com.auHi Lynne, You may contact us via our Contact Us page (https://www.esuperfund.com.au/why-us/contact-us). Please go to the "Help Centre" section, select "Prospective Client of ESUPERFUND" - "Other" and specify your query.

I am sending emails to esuperfund. No respond. I want to know we are about 15 people brought a property worth 1.5millons. Out of 15 people few are investing money from savings and topping up mortgage. Few are investing from there own self managed fund. If I establish SMSF from esuperfund, doese esuperfund allows me to invest on above said vacant land. Thanks

Is there a phone number they will actually answer? I am an existing client who needs to speak to someone personally and not via their internet system.

I am wanting to roll over my funds to esuper, can you tell what makes you different to the rest. Regards Bernadette Thomas dugurja@gmail.com

Hello. I have set up a new ESuper fund and was all ready to invest a portion of my super in Cryptocurrencies. I have just seen that ESuper do not allow this. Is there anyway to get around this? I believe it has to do with the complexity of reporting transactions in different currencies. Could I have someone else prepare the details and provide to Esuper for auditing? Please, surely there is a way around this? Please, anyone feel free to PM me with any info...
I don’t think you will have much luck. ESuperfund is very strict about what they will and won’t allow. That’s the basis of their low cost business model.

I am thinking of transferring to an SMSF (currently in std super fund) and whilst, I believe that, I can purchase investment properties with a SMSF - can I transfer my CURRENT investment properties to the fund - if "yes" how hard is this?
You need professional advice for that question. I can tell you that we have an investment property owned by our smsf. Managing it via ESUPERFUND is no special hassle. They do actuarial certificates when required at very low cost. They require a valuation each year, so I just do it as a meeting minute, claiming an actual value and supporting it with examples of local sales. Otherwise just the normal documentation - copy of lease, rental income statement, expense receipts etc to be uploaded each year via their web portal. The property is fully owned, might be different if under finance.The following is just my understanding and you should consult a specialist to discuss the following issues: 1) If the existing investment property is outside of your 'standard superfund' and held in a private capacity, then it would need to be valued and then transferred in to your super fund, probably as an 'undeducted contribution'. 2) The value transferred in would need to be below the 'ATO's 3 year bring forward rules' for super contributions. Additionally, the transfer would trigger a capital gains event in your personal capacity (since the transfer triggers a change of ownership from you to your SMSF). This could have a serious negative impact on your tax bill! 3) If the property is financed then the finance and ownership would most likely need to be 'redone' so that the SMSF is the registered owner. Further complicating this is the fact that many banks have restricted lending for property purchases to SMSFs due to the fact that SMSFs can only take on limited recourse loans (ie no further claims by the bank (upon default) beyond taking back the property).This answer comes from the link below ... You cannot transfer residential property into your SMSF from a related party. You can only transfer Business Real Property (that is commercial or industrial property) into a SMSF from a related party. You can buy new residential property inside your SMSF, and you can also borrow within the fund (using a non-recourse loan) to help you buy it, or you could buy it as tenants-in-common with your SMSF (that is you own say 50% in your own name and 50% under the SMSF). https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/21880/can-i-transfer-my-investment-property-into-a-smsf

In jan 2018 my wife and i retired and we are now drawing a pension from our smsf. Our fund is well below the $1.6m cap yet i discovered recently that 30% of my portion is still in accumulation phase & 25% for my wife. I learned this when some shares were sold to generate cash and there was some CGT as a result.So i have 2 questions. 1. What determines the proportion that goes into retirement phase vs accumulation phase and can i put it all in retirement phase to avoid CGT in future transactions. 2. What determines my wife and i having slightly different %s in each phase Thnx. Frank
You can have 100% of your funds in pension mode, as long as your individual pension funds are less than $1.6m. Keep in mind that the pension fund is set at the start of the year. If you contribute new funds after the pension starts it goes into the accumulation fund. You can't change the pension fund once it has started - you can only close it and start a new one. For example, if you start the FY with $1m and then contribute another $200k a few months later you will have $1m in your pension fund and $200k in your accumulation fund. If you want, you can close the pension fund and start a new one with $1.2m, or leave it till the start of the new FY when that will happen automatically. When you have these kinds of questions just send them an email. They're very good with answers but it must be by email.

After l become a member of esuperfund can l transfer my share portfolio across?
Hi Neil, Members of an SMSF can make contributions of assets (e.g. ASX Listed Securities) directly into the SMSF. For more information please visit our website regarding In-Specie Transfers: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/learn/contributions-to-smsf/inspecie

how do find performance rates?

Is ESuperfund a proprietary CBA product / affiliation or is it a generic term for SM Retirees? Chris.

Hi. I am thinking of starting a SMSF through ESuper with a corporate trustee. I am thinking of buying residential property (with a loan) in the SMSF. Down the track, if I find operating/managing the superfund to onerous, can I have my accountant manage my SMSF ie without winding it up? Regards, John

I want to wind up my SMSF with Esuper and go back to an industry fund as I don’t have the time and cannot be bothered anymore. Does this cost money or do you just roll it over and ESUPERFUND handle ALL the legal requirements
Hi Ant, We advise that the wind-up process can be found on our website at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/windup. If you have any further queries in relation to the wind-up, you may refer to the FAQs section detailed at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/faq/windup#qa.Hi, I am windup with ESUPERFUND trying contact but no phone number and every time ask question there fee I have to pay, I don’t know what to do please tell me what to do. Thanks.

Is Balmain Private an allowable investment for members
Hi Ian, Please refer to our website for detailed information of investments allowed under the ESUPERFUND platform: https://www.esuperfund.com.au/investments/allowed

Hi, I want to set up a SMSF with corporate trustee like arrangement. I am looking to talk to some one in esuperfind to ask few questions to get going. But there is no contact number and I feel uncomfortable with a completely online platform with no one to talk to.
I would suggest you email [Name Removed] at ESuper. Very helpful,very honest,very capable. I have been in ESuper for 12 years and he has helped me heaps. I am sure if you emailed [Name Removed] he would phone you.

HI I am a esuper member we want to buy a rural property[120 acres] with our SMSF [ plus borrowings] close to a major city in SE Qld with the intention of building a wedding venue and accommodation business .There is currently no house on the property. 1.Can we build a home on the property with our own funds. 2.Can the wedding venue building and accommodation be built any where on the property, if allowed. 3.If not allowed is there a way around it by first using the property for rural purposes ie. raising cattle then adding the other income producing buildings. cheers Bernie.
Hi Bernie, If you are a current client of ESUPERFUND, please submit your query via the Inbox on the ESUPERFUND Client Portal (https://clientportal3.esuperfund.com.au/Login?returnUrl=ClientInbox).

on ave how long did it take for most people to get there ATO and ABN?
From my memory it took less than 5 working days.Hi James, The timeline for setting up a SMSF with ESUPERFUND can be found on our website at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/setup/new-smsf-setupCan't respond for other people but in my situation was fairly quick. Hope this helps!

What is the phone number for ESuperfund , Southgate Melbourne?
Hi Ruby, Please note that you may visit our Contact Us page at https://www.esuperfund.com.au/why-us/contact-us for more details.According to website ... https://www.pr.com/company-profile/contact-info/130797 Phone: 1300 224 797 Email: info@esuperfund.com.au Website: www.esuperfund.com.au Address: Level 23, HWT Tower 40 City Road Southgate, VIC 3006 AustraliaThat number doesn't allow for actually speaking to a person. It only directs you to their website. As an existing customer i could leave a number and message and get an advisor to call me back so I could get a sensible answer. I have tried lodging a query by the website but the responses just don't make sense in my case. I think they are from a machine. I have requested a callback from a person so I will see if it works. The service used to be good but seems to have deteriorated this year. I need to question whether it is still good value if this is how they treat customers.

i wish to use someone in NZ as my 2nd trustee, am i able to do this...?
Hi Brent, We advise that only Residents of Australia can act as a Trustee/Member of a Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF). Please note that the "resident of Australia" refers to ​​​​an Australian resident for tax purposes. ​ ​For detailed information, please visit https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/International-tax-for-individuals/Work-out-your-tax-residency/.

Get an answer from our members and ESuperfund representatives