Eftel

Eftel Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Eftel? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

6 questions from our users

LORDLODGE
LORDLODGEasked

WHY AM I PAYING FOE EFTEL SERVICES

thepatterman
thepatterman

Perhaps like me you want to keep a twenty year old email address (from the bluep days). With rude and unhelpful customer service, consistent service problems, I can’t think of any good reason to buy anything from them.

LORDLODGE
LORDLODGEasked

why am i paying for eftel service

Liam Trieu
Liam Trieuasked

Anyone with reviews on eftel Wireless broadband in Meadow heights area?

George Melbourne
George Melbourne

I wouldnt bother mate .. Honestly its not what they used to be and now im stuck paying an exit fee

Dan.T
Dan.T

Steer clear of this company... The product is crap! Internet constantly dropped out!! Echoes on the phone lines!! Customer service was non-existent! Be warned!

KLB76asked

I'd never heard of Eftel until my partner received an email promoting their Duo Lite & Duo Ultimate packages. I tried to follow the links provided so I could find out more information, but all I get is a pop-up 'congratulations! You're our 100,000 visitor' or 'Complete this survey to win an ipad' or some other idiocy - it changes every time I have tried to click a link. That just screams "we're a dodgy scam site" to me. Can ANY one vouch for this company and service?

EddieD

I never ever vouch for anything or anybody - you always get sand thrown in your face. However I've been a member of eftel and its predecessor spacenet for over ten years without any problem until the introduction of DuoLite. There were some initial problems that were overcome without drama and I still have not received the PendoPad which was due 2 months ago and delivery is still indeterminate. You can make up your own mind if it's a scam or not - I think they have genuine problems but they don't like giving explanations

KLB76

Thanks, EddieD. I did a bit more reading of the reviews for this service and noted that positive reviews were all but non-existant. For comparison I did a search on Telstra, with (unsurprisingly) much the same results. Also, I try to keep in mind that experiences of bad customer service etc are more likely to be reported than good ones. In the end though, I'm still not sure if we will try this mob or not.
Hope your PendoPad arrives sooner rather than later. Cheers

nasser56asked

I signed up for 24month contract with eftel over the phone for an internet service, after reading some of the bad reviews from other costumers i feel kind of stupid getting sucked in. the thing is i'm with telstra on a pre-paid and its costing me like $100mth of recharges. the big question is to late to pull out. no delivery or activation yet

Ian
Ian

And how was your overall experience?

nasser56

Thanks for your reply Ian. As of late I haven't been using it much unless I have to take my lap top outside the boundary of my home, now that is where it comes in quit handy. I purchased a 2gb pendo and later realized how insufficient it was for my needs and it just cost me more to top up with more Gbytes within a short period, and my only disappointment as of late yester year was with the service and customer service at the most. At the moment three of us share an internet connection at $30 each with 200gb of usage which is quit efficient and well above sufficient. As I at the time didn't know any better, I can only advice anyone going to or deciding to go with Eftel is to..Plan your needs and base it on your usage.

Eric4071
Eric4071asked

I'm thinking of signing up with Eftel, mostly for wireless access as we have 4 kids needing to do homework at teh sasme time online.
Could anyone tell my I SHOULD use them as a provider.

Thanks Eric

EddieD

I NEVER make recommendations to my friends and associates as I come unstuck too many times. I can't comment on wireless access (don't have it) but eftel do seem to have problems of recent weeks/months. Access was down at least 4 hours yesterday and there have been several other instances recently This may be a temporary situation but it's getting annoying

Other Internet Service Providers