EnergyAustralia Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by EnergyAustralia

70 questions from our users

Bronwyn Lavis
Bronwyn Lavisasked

Can you please tell me what rate i am on with my solar

Bronwyn Lavis
Bronwyn Lavisasked

How do i find out what rate im on with my solar?

Kate
Kate

There is on your bill, ussually last page, smaller print (Your electricity usage and service calculation): "Feed-in Tariff" - shows you the price in kWh/day or just kWh
I used probably a website to compare those tariffs: https://compare.energy.vic.gov.au/solar-calculator/, I am not sure do you have similar in South Australia?
It depends what solar system you have got - I have no battery therefore charges for usage are higher with most of energy retailers. It needs to check all details (Supply Charge, Peak Consumption, Off Peak Consumption) plus talk to them to get better deals.

Has anyones gas bill doubled mines gone from 359 to 733.00 for one person

Fatih D.
Fatih D.

It’s happen to me aswell . Stay away they just ripping you off

kathy

Yes its unreal so its happened to you too,so who have you changed to.

Buba m.
Buba m.

first quarter was normal then bang double in usage nothing changed single person . I have a lots of low power things running to cut the cost of elec. I now remember why I left them a few years ago.

Estimated reading

kathy

Who is the best retailer in energy my bills are to high for one person

Lee R.
Lee R.asked

how do I apply for my credit to be paid back to me

Rhonda B.asked

Why is my current bill now up to almost 6 months and each time I ask when I will receive my bill am told you are understaffed. This is not good enough. I have solar so the data should just be downloaded and a bill produced. The reviews are shocking, energy Australia really need to get their act together if they want to Keppies customers.

kathy

Contact the ombudsman this is illegal,gas is two months,power is 3monthd not 6months not 9 months get straight on to this

Rhonda B.

I have put in an official complaint to the Ombudsman department for energy complaints after another futile online chat with Energy Australia tonight.

kathy

Did you get a resolution

steve f.
steve f.asked

has anyone had trouble with energy australia paying out for solar feedin. ive been with them for 6 months. wont pay.

Rhonda B.

Took me ages to get mine sorted as well, was told paperwork had not been received so emailed them everything again along with the original email. Finally got it sorted but my last bill is well overdue and every time I speak on the chat line I get the answer that they are understaffed?

JanelleM
JanelleM

I read your review above. The exact same thing happened to me. After no bill for 5 months I chased them for over a month. Finally they advised that my previous provider had not updated the national database with the correct info about our solar panels. I sent everything they asked for and about a month after that (and at least 2 extra calls from me chasing it) they finally issue my first bill and I see that the feed-in rate dropped months ago. They claim they sent an email advising of the drop but have now taken over a month to "re-send" that notice. I'm about to change to AGL and send in a claim to the ombudsman regarding Energy Australia.

Donna
Donnaasked

My rates recently increased from 27cents to 32 cents in January 2020. I am asking if my rates will increase again in July 2020?, as I reside in NSW. Victoria has rate increases in January and NSW has increases in July. Are you going to increase my rates twice in 6 months? If so you will be losing a very long time customer. I've been with Energy Australia for almost 40years.

Rammy
Rammy

Please shop around..
loyal customers do get penalised new customers welcomed with better discounts.

kathy

Shop around theres no rewards for loyalty I shopped around and I got a provider with lower rates

Jim Crowe
Jim Croweasked

I have had a gas meter in the same position since 1981. Recently my energy provider Energy Australia (EA) has sent me a guesstimate of my usage rather than an actual amount. They have told me the reason is "...meter not located". This is quite simply nonsense.

Can anyone advise me if EA:
1. uses an outsourced meter reading service?
2. monitors how the people who work for the hypothetical company are paid? In other words are they paid on a "per household meter read basis"?

Txs JC

kathy

Did it have on your bill,that it was a estimated reading,because you can get this checked

John
Johnasked

Are solar credits refundable

Peter the Great
Peter the Great

No they are not they are hidden credits and they change the value without due warning..
All energy resellers are a con, their CEO is the only winner and our PM Morrison is the worse PM we ever had he covers up all his blunders.
He negotiated with the energy providers lower fees but never with the useless resellers that add all kinds of fees including Other $2?..
They are in collusion to drain the maximum from us no matter what way, if you complaint a smart trained female will outsmart you with well redacted letter to impose their view because you agreed on the phone, another con
Solar is another government cover ups we become the cheapest energy providers on the planet.
Thank you PM Morrison you are exploiting the Australian citizens and humiliating the rest of us
We use to call it FACISM but I guess the new generation forgot about it including yourself, I landed in Australia 52 years ago when you were still wetting your nappies. I have seen more PM dead than you ever alives. Do not try to outsmart us seniors, bully boy.

Alan B.
Alan B.

actually, the fascists destroyed this vile behaviour. Whatever faults they had, the fascists booted big corporate crooks out

kathy

Well said Peter and so true,where is our cheaper energy,also energy Australia is not a Australian company

kingofbling
kingofblingasked

Why is the current billing cycle longer than usual was meant to be read 31 December but you have pushed it back to late January

kathyasked

Is anyone's gas bill high for the last two months as mine is

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

Is there an expected time frame on when we will be able to view solar production and feed back Into the grid statistics? Seems like the company is way behind the 8-ball compared to your competitors.

tim
tim

Origin Energy gives you 21 cents a KW for solar up to 10kw. Energy Australia gives you 12.5 cents a kW with 34% off the bill. If you do the maths you are far better off with Origin. Plus Energy Australia is very difficult to deal with. I currently have a 151 day billing period. No one can tell me why. So I have switched to Origin. Energy Australia has delayed the switch. They are a shocker.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Peter, unfortunately we do not have any expected time frame on when this may be available at this stage. We do receive a lot of feedback about this so I will pass it back to the relevant team which I hope will help get this updated sooner. - Hayley.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Tim, I am sorry to hear that your transfer has been delayed and that you have been unhappy with your experience with us.

I would be happy to look into this for you if you can please email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au

Thanks, Hayley.

Snoopyasked

Could Energy Australia tell me why my account does not show how much my solar power has been feed back into the grid. I was with Origin and I had that reading on a daily basis. I have a smart meter.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Snoopy, I apologise that we do not have that service available for yourself and other solar customers at this time. I have raised feedback to hopefully get this updated as it is something we can update. I am happy to assist with any additional information for your account if you would like to email me your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au - Thanks, Matt

kathy

Not good enough,customers have the right to know how much of there power is going back into the grid

Christian M.asked

My energy bill is in credit. How do I get the amount in credit deposited into my bank account?

Hello Christian,

If an account is in credit you may contact us to organise a refund

We have multiple avenues to contact us:
1. Call us on 133 466
2. Via LiveChat here: https://bit.ly/2U4oA3g
3. https://www.facebook.com/EnergyAustralia/
4. https://twitter.com/EnergyAustralia
5. Or e-mail myself at help@ennergyaustralia.com.au

I hope you have a good day and get that refund - Kat

Christian M.

Thanks Kat. Was able to do this online. Very simple. Cheers.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Christian, that is great news. I hope you are able to put your credit to good use. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks, Matt.

Snoopyasked

I have just moved my account to Energy Australia. I would like to know how long it takes for the app to show my energy use. I have a smart meter, I downloaded the app a week ago and their is no usage showing and also my account is not showing my husbands concession.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Snoopy, thank you for your enquiry. If your meter is a remotely read smart meter, the data on the MyAccount portal and mobile App should reflect up to a 3 to 4 days prior to todays date. We update the data 2 to 3 times a week. I am happy to look into this further for you, if you wish to email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au. Thanks, Matt.

Snoopy

Matt, I was able to speak to Helen from Energy Australia and she assured me that as I had just received today an email saying my account was up and running it still may take 24-48 hours to show may smart meter usage. I will check in a couple of days. Thank-you for responding.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

I am glad to read that you have been in contact with our call centre staff and advised that your account is active with us. I would also like to assist by making sure the concession is correctly added if this was not discussed previously. If you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to mail me at help@energyaustralia.com.au. Thanks, Matt :)

You explain why my bill is over 800 dollars for 2 months you thiefs

Hi Kathy,

I am very sorry you have received an unexpected bill amount.

I would like to investigate this and offer further assistance.

We can't assist via this channel due to privacy concerns.

As advised by Hayley in your previous question, could you please e-mail help@energyaustralia.com.au including, Full Name, date of birth and the service address?

- Kat

kathy

I have a solar gas hot water 160litre system ,with 24litre solar backup,I have zoned heating,I have a gas electric stove and oven,wash in cold water,and have a gas log heater,run my central heating on 18 to 22,if I'm not using that I use my gas log heater,my house is just on 8 months old,I live on my own my bills in feb March and April 123 dollars last 6 months 750,next bill I received was 858,why I'm differently getting you all investigated that's over 425 a month my house is a energy savings home so why are my bills 4 times the price

Hi Kathy,

I understand your concern and appreciate the above information and investigation you have done.

We are unable to assist via this public forum specifically to your account and bills.

If you wish to discuss your account in specific please e-mail help@energyaustralia.com.au including, Full Name, date of birth and the service address.

- Kat

kathyasked

Has anyone been sent a bill a month later after paying one in July,paid the bill on the 29th july ,The bill I received today was 16th Aug to 15 November this is a joke we are in August,please check the dates on your bills I'm not happy

Henry
Henry

Hi Kathy, I have experienced additional bills that also make no sense in regard to time frames. I contacted them only to be forwarded back and forth to different departments from the Philippines to India and back again. I have now cancelled my account and gone elsewhere due to the high level of poor service. I suggest you follow suit. Good luck with it all.

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Kathy, I am really sorry that you have received 2 bills so close together. I would really like the opportunity to look into why this has happened and see if I can help.

Can you please email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au including, account number address and date of birth? We will investigate and respond to you.

Thanks, Hayley.

kathy

Your a pack of rip offs I'm going to the ombudsman your the worst company I have ever dealt with now I have close to a 900 dollar bill your thiefs

kathyasked

Has anyone's gas and electric bill increased by 3 to 4 times mine has energy Australia

Energy A.EnergyAustralia

Hi Kathy, I am sorry to read that your electricity bill has increased since being with us. If you would like to discuss further, please email your details to myself at help@energyaustralia.com.au - Thanks, Matt.

Gilldasked

I have been trying to contact Energy Australia today - all I wanted was to change the frequency of when I receive my bills, at present I get them monthly & want three monthly. I was on the telephone for over 1/2 an hour pressing different options, speaking to different Customer care reps, who put me through to different sections to be told “sorry we can not help you with this” surely someone should know which telephone number or option I should ring - I’d hate to think this was an emergency.

Hi Gilld,

I am extremely sorry that you had so much trouble trying to get through to someone who could help you. I can appreciate your frustration as noone want's to be sitting on the phone all day.

So that I can look into this further can you please email your details to help@energyaustralia.com.au? Please include your full name, account number, address and date of birth.

- Hayley

Gilld

Thanks Hayley for getting back to me so quickly. I’ll send my information to the link in the email.
Regards

Jason
Jason

Interesting - I'm trying the opposite (supposedly quarterly changing to monthly). I've been advised that it's not available with their current billing availability.

Did you manage to change? and if so which state?

Get an answer from our members and EnergyAustralia representatives

Other Energy Providers