Enviroswim ES3

Enviroswim ES3 Questions & Answers

29 questions from our users

Stavros

Stavrosasked

How does this product compare with the Bionizer system? same?

Philip J.Enviroswim

Enviroswim has the best published efficacy ( ability to produce the desired result) of any swimming pool sanitiser in the World.
What Enviroswim achieved killing algae and bacteria in Australian Govt Labs (NATA accredited) in 30 seconds it took chlorine 15 minutes to achieve.
Enviroswim holds patents on its unique three system process in all major markets in the World.
Enviroswim has been in business for twenty years and has tens of thousands on pools operating all over the world.
Enviroswim passed NSF certification back in 2009, this is a very difficult accreditation to pass and a pre requisite before a pool sanitiser system is allowed to be installed in a public pool in the USA, we are unaware of any other similar pool sanitiser in Australia that has passed any efficacy lab tests never mind both Australian Govt Efficacy testing and NSF.
Enviroswim has been the recipient of many Australian State and Federal Govt grants during our history.
Note:
If a pool owner decides to use Enviroswim in their swimming pool they can rest assured that the Enviroswim System has been tested and proven by independent accredited authorities to be able to provide the safest enjoyable swimming water and has passed with exemplary results, as mentioned previously we cant find a product or system that can come near Enviroswim in efficacy test results.
Furthermore Enviroswim has been tested to the highest electrical and EMI (Electro Magnetic Emission) standards in the World, we hold certification in these in all major markets in the World.

Handy

Handyasked

What are the effects of adding an algaecide (non coppper) to an older Enviroswim system? Is this just a waste of time and money? Is it a good preventative measure, helping the system to cope in the warmer months? Since I have been doing this for a couple of months I've noticed a reduction in Chlorine levels and a more stable pH. Last summer I was adding HCL on a weekly basis to get pH down from 8.2.
Pool is 100,000 litres, Cu is .2 Cl is .5, pH 7.4, TA 90, Ca 200, TDS 1500.
Thanks for reading

No idea mate, ran mine as per manual. Best ask Enviroswim or LPS.
Cheers

June2014

June2014asked

I am looking at purchasing an enviroswim but pool builders I have spoken to don’t know much about it and suggest a mineral pool instead stating that they all create chlorine to sanitise.
Could you tell me what enviroswim’s usual chlorine levels are in comparison to a Magna pool and a traditional salt water pool?
Also who could I talk to around Penrith NSW about purchasing enviroswim?

Gary S.Enviroswim

Hi June2014 thank you for your question.

According to Magnapools data sheet the ideal free chlorine level is between 1 - 3 ppm. Enviroswim ideal level is 0.5 ppm max. The reason for the differences is that all salt pools whether magnesium, sodium or potassium rely 100% on chlorine production for sanitation process by temporary converting chlorides (salts) to chlorine. Enviroswim has three processes namely oxidation, ionisation and ultrasonics. The combination of the three processes provides a much more effective sanitiser than chlorine, up to 30 times faster bacteria kill rate than chlorine at 2 ppm!!! …supporting government papers & lab reports are on our website .

However, this is only part of the overall differences re salt/mineral v’s Enviroswim. On this review site you'll come across many reviewers raving about the water quality of Enviroswim. This is because it is not only very low in chlorine Enviroswim also has ultra low salt levels making Enviroswim a true freshwater pool that adds to the comfort and health benefits for bathers. The mangapool recommended total dissolved solid level (tds) is 5000 ppm compared to Enviroswim 1000 ppm , in fact a balanced Enviroswim pool meets drinking water standards in NZ a salt pool comes nowhere close.

Hope this answers your question. Please contact us 1300888457 if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Michael
Michael

Hi June2014, we found the same issue but our builder Nepean Pools was intrigued by the system and supported the purchase. we have been very happy with the enviroswim. Cheers Michael

Shyamala H.

Shyamala H.asked

How does this product compare with Naked pools similar system?
Does anyone use it with magnesium rather than sodium chloride salts?
Many thanks

Hi Sayamala,

Naked Pools is new to the market, it incorporates two processes; oxidation and ionisation. There is little independent user feedback and no available independent efficacy reports to comment on its safety or effectiveness.

Enviroswim is a patented system that incorporates three processes; oxidation, ionisation and ultrasonics to ensure families swim in a safe freshwater pool. Enviroswims development was partly funded by government under the COMET grant scheme used to help commercialise emerging technologies. Enviroswim was tested to the NSW Health Departments protocol for new sanitising systems. The test bacteria kill rate that Enviroswim achieved in 30 second took chlorine nearly 15 minutes to match. Similar tests were done by a US independent testing authority where Enviroswim was certified for use as a complete sanitising system suitable for use in residential and commercial pools and spas in the USA. We are unable to find any other Australian pool sanitising product that has comparable independent customer assurances or indeed any independent tests at all to show it works safely. Enviroswim has now been in the marketplace for over 15 years, has great feedback from happy customers and is used worldwide in residential and resort pools.

Yes, Magnesium can be used instead of sodium.

Hope this helps, that's a snapshot, please call us for more details. 1300888457 or email info@enviroswim.com

omgitsking a.

omgitsking a.asked

Hi, I have been running my pool since September 2018. Had some initial bedding period as the pool builder shocked the pool with chlorine during the initial fill. Good intention, but maybe misguided. Took over a month to get the chlorine level below 3. I haven't added chlorine since (except in the form of pool salt to get TDS up to >1000ppm) and the pool has been particularly good and near chlorine free since early December. I have just this week had on odd reaction though. With falling temperatures I decided to put the pool cover on over the past week. When we went for a swim yesterday there was a chlorine odor and our eyes reacted badly. Just did a water test - results were Temp 27deg, Cu -0.2ppm, pH 7.4, Cl 5ppm. So Cl has gone up considerably - would have been < 2ppm previously. Total harness was a bit low at 120ppm and didn't measure TDS (my TDS pen failed) but last reading was around 1300. As a guide I was running filtration 10hpd and cut this back to 8hpd while the pool cover was on. Water temperate was down to 25deg before the pool cover went on. Pool is 40,000ltrs.

The question I have - is it normal for Cl levels to increase while the pool cover is on? If so, should I cut back the filtration further to say 5 hours per day while the pool is covered?

Thanks & Regards,
Adrian

Gary S.Enviroswim

Hi Sorry for the late reply. Yes is is normal for levels to increase when using a pool cover. The cover traps the gases in the pool for longer. If you are using a cover for extended periods or winterising the pool you can reduce the oxidiser output or reduce the daily run time and thereby reduce power costs. Please contact us if required 1800888457

Thanks Enviroswim

rosamummyasked

I am in the process of getting an indoor fibreglass pool, but got told by my pool builder that if I use enviroswim, I will not be covered by their warranty as enviroswim will damage the gel coat of fibreglass pool. I'm in adelaide. Has anyone have problems with gel coat using enviroswim? Is it hard to control the ph?(the pool builders aid the fluctuating ph while using enviroswim contributes to the damage) did anyone in adelaide get told of no warranty cover if using it?

Gary S.Enviroswim

Thank you for your question. The response from the builder concerns us greatly and we would appreciate it if you could send us a private message detailing the builder and suggest you ask them to put it in writing if they haven’t already, then we may be able to shed more light on why they have told you this.

We have approximately 400 pool builder/suppliers on our Australian database, many of them fibreglass pools. Enviroswim provides far fresher water than conventional pool sanitisers and greatly reduces the harsh chemicals like salt and chlorine therefore logic would suggest this is less damaging to a gel coat. Gel coats are susceptible to high chlorine and high pH levels, unlike Enviroswim, salt chlorinators, magnesium and chlorine dosed pools have high chlorine residuals, chlorine pushes up the pH, in addition to other factors such as environmental conditions, water features and quality of pool fill water.

In regards to warranty we would recommend you read the small print as most will void warranty if a detailed water balance history is not produced to support a claim regardless of which sanitiser equipment is installed. A quick google re faded fibreglass pool will also highlight the issue of faded pools is largely associated with salt chlorinated and chlorine dosed pools. Fibreglass pools should maintain their finish for many years but eventually they will all show signs of fade. The better they are maintained (good water balance) the longer they will last.

We have also had Gel Coat Chemists look at our process and they are of the opinion our water should be gentler on gel coats.

If you read some of the reviews on this site you will see there are many happy fibreglass owners.

Hope this helps.

Derek

Hi rosamummy. Had my Enviroswim ES3 for a year and no visible problems so far with gelcoat. Still have to dose acid regularly to maintain ph and pump up the total alkalinity maybe 3 or 4 times per year but the frequencies and dosage are no more than with chlorine. Suggest following advice from Phil at Enviroswim above but also keep in mind that your pool builder probably wants to sell you his default sanitising system which he makes a margin on.

rosamummy

Thanks Derek for your reply, that makes me feel much better. I will search for other pool builders.

Dom L.

Dom L.asked

How does the enviroswim system cope with leaf matter in the pool. Is it more susceptible than chlorine systems due to alge due to the phosphates released?

Jim M
Jim M

I don’t have many trees around , so no problems at all

Gregory Dunn
Gregory Dunn

MY pool is enclosed to stop leaf matter getting in and it is perfectly clean

Derek

I only get a handful of leaves in my pool but from my limited experience, year round, it copes just as well or better than chlorine

Jasmine Hytch

Jasmine Hytchasked

Pb is flashing as there is insufficient water flow in the oxidiser unit. How do I increase the water flow/height over the oxidisers?

Hi Jasmine,

Could you let me know if your pump is working and the Wetcell housing is full of water, and please ensure your skimmer box, pump lint basket and filter is clean. You can email me at info@enviroswim.com or you can call 1300 888 457...press 1 for sales and ask for Carl and we can do some fault finding over the phone.

sam

samasked

My chlorine levels are too low (struggling to reach .5) and can easily go to nothing within a day. How do I get the chlorine up and to stay up so that we can be confident about swimming in the pool. The ph fluctuates greatly and we add acid often. The copper is finally up around .3 but I have been running it more then the recommended amount. It is only 3 weeks old.

Ron

Enriswim ES3 enables your pool to be chlorine free while also being safe to swim in. To ensure your water remains in balance does not require chlorine but as you are doing may require acid to be added.

Hi Sam,

Please give us a call in the office and we can explain why you don't require high chlorine levels to safely sanitise. 1300 888 457...press 1 for sales.

Jacob C

Jacob Casked

Hi - What is the Oxidiser that is produced during the electrolysis process within the Enviroswim ES3?

Gary S.Enviroswim

In regard oxidation the system uses the oxygen in the water which is also assisted by the ultrasonics creating billions of microscopic bubbles, there is also a small amount of chlorine produced due to a low amount of chlorides in the water reacting with the electrolysis process as mentioned on our websites FAQ page.

What we can say is that our innovative technology qualified for Federal Government funding to help develop and commercialise the Enviroswim system. In government laboratory testing to the NSW Health's Department protocol for the introduction of a new sanitiser, the bacteria kill rate that Enviroswim was able to achieve in thirty seconds took chlorine nearly fifteen minutes to match during back to back lab testing. Similar testing and certification was done in the USA, we are not aware of any other Australian system that can offer the same amount of independent assurance.

Please contact our office if you require more information.

Kind Regards Enviroswim

Ronasked

Hello, we recently installed a new pool with enviroswim and are very happy. The pool is installed mostly under cover and a friend commented that enviroswim works best with maximum direct sunlight on the water. Can you please confirm if direct sunlight is necessary or we are OK?
Thanks Ron

Hi Ron,

You are fine, the Enviroswim is fine indoors, outdoors and anything in between.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your Fresh water Enviroswim pool.

Please feel free to leave a review on your Enviroswim experience.

Neil

Neilasked

Guys
I am in the market for a complete swimming pool refurbishment, The company that is going to do the refurbishment is advising that I take the NKD1 fresh water system, so I have a question about that;

How does you pool system handle bugs, mosquitoes, frogs and stuff like that?. My previous saltwater pool system didn’t have a problem with bugs as bugs basically don't like salt water, so my concern with your system is that I will wake up every morning with a bunch of bugs playing in my pool.

I live in Phuket Thailand so basically tropical weather with an all year round temperature of ~32 degrees.

Neil

Hi Neil,
Thank you for your valued enquiry.

We have many systems operating in Thailand. Please contact our agent there I am sure Mattias will be able to assist you and put your mind at rest regarding bugs in the pool. Mattias’s email; mattias.n@enviroswim.com
Kind Regards

expensivelesson

expensivelessonasked

Can the pool be heated?

Gary S.Enviroswim

Thank you for your question. Yes, the system manages heat very well partly due to the copper and silver ion part of the process not been affected by evaporation, heat or UV whereas with chlorine, salt or mineral pools the heat puts a higher demand on the system as chlorine gases evaporate from the pool. Industry guidelines recommend a higher chlorine residual in heated pools.

Mike

Mikeasked

Hi,
The grout on my fully tiled pool which is white has turned a patchy green colour since I installed the enviroswim.
Have I got my setting wrong... and how can I fix it?

Peter
Peter

What is your copper level
And your ph they should be as recommended in your handbook or you will get growth

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your question.

If the grout is getting patches of turquoise appearing it could possibly be high copper &/or operating prolonged high ph levels. The recommended copper level is between 0.2 & 0.4 parts per million. This is a very low level and will not cause staining. To put this in context municipal drinking water can have up to 1.2 parts per million, up to five times more than our recommended level. If the ioniser production knob is set to high for your pool eventually it will overdose if not checked and adjusted with the supplied test kit. Copper stains are easily removed if treated early with the use of a citric acid based stain remover available from most pool shops.

Please contact us so we can assist more and identify if the staining is related to something other than copper.

Regards

Honda450

Honda450asked

I am looking at installing an Enviroswim in a new concrete tiled pool. I live in Alice Springs. Will the hot weather affect the enviroswim?

Cobardín

Cobardínasked

I had an Enviroswim installed 4 years ago in Madrid (Spain) and with multiple problems having received great help from Enviroswim in order to correct them. Now, I’m setting the pool for the summer being very careful trying to meet all recommended parameters. After having the system running for 10 days, I have checked the ORP in 2 days and the values I get are around 400 mV (or lower). The ionization system is at 15, pH at 7.4, Alkaly at 80, Copper at 0.37. Filtration and Enviroswim has been running 8 hours for the last 3 days; previous days it run for 24 hours/day. Could you give me some indication on how to improve the ORP level?

Water temperature is 22*C.

Thanks you,
Juan

Gary S.Enviroswim

Hi Juan, Thank you for your question. Following winterisation there are a few recommendations to prepare your pool for the summer. The phosphate levels should be checked as phosphates can put an extra load on the sanitiser and algaecide efficacy of the system and reduce orp. Phosphates can enter the pool from many different ways including rainfall, overspill of garden fertiliser, organic matter and animal droppings It is also worth shocking the pool with liquid chlorine in order to start off with a clean system. We have your email on file and will send a more detailed reply shortly.

Outoftheloop

Outoftheloopasked

Is there any benefit to running a var. speed pump with Enviroswim?

Gary S.Enviroswim

Hi Outoftheloop, Thank you for your question. Our answer in short is no, we often see variable speed pumps as a cost centre rather than a saving. There are many factors that come into play when you reduce water flow rates. For more on this see the following two blogs from our website which cover it in detail:
www.enviroswim.com/waterblog/enviroswim-asks-variable-speed-pumps-will-they-save-you-money
www.enviroswim.com/waterblog/swimming-pool-pumps-standard-vs-variable-speed-operating-cost-savings-comparisons

Florian H

Florian Hasked

With an enviroswim, how often should the poolwater balance be tested?

Hi Florian,
Thank you for your valued enquiry.

We recommend checking your balance every 7 - 10 days. As with any pool sanitiser the efficiency of the sanitiser/algaecide drops off as the pH rises. Most pools experience pH rise in operation, keeping on top of this not only improves efficiency it also makes the water more comfortable to swim in. If you are using a pool service company on a monthly basis we recommend you check/adjust the pH level in between services. This is very simple and only takes a couple of minutes to do.

The other thing to keep in mind is the warranty small print from your pool builder. Often the terms of warranty are conditional upon a history of regular water balance records, especially with Fibreglass pools.

Contact us on 1300888457 if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Hope this helps.

Regards The Enviroswim Team

dean
dean

as above i find my ph rises esp if we get rain or need to top up the pool i find in winter i can turn the copper side of it down as it stays pretty constant for weeks at a time . i run my filter for 3 hrs a day atm here in adelaide where it's been a warm start to the winter..
cheers dean

New Pool Owner

New Pool Ownerasked

Can someone recommend a company which specialises in Environment equipment maintenance near kenmore Brisbane?

New Pool

New Poolasked

I'm in the process of getting quotes for an in ground fibre glass pool, and obviously looking at systems including frehwater. Reading through the reviews I am see the words 'copper' and 'silver'. The idea of the pool, and freshwater, is that I want my two dogs to use the pool as well as me, but I am now a tad concerned about them ingesting any copper. I assume the quantity is minimal, but it can amass over time. Is this likely to be a problem long term?

Philip J.Enviroswim

Thank you for your enquiry. Our recommended copper levels are 0.2 - 0.4 parts per million (ppm). Municipal drinking water supplies in Australia are allowed to include copper levels of 1.2 ppm, with some states as high as 2.0 ppm. At 0.2 ppm Enviroswim levels are 10% - 20% of drinking water maximum guideline levels and about a third of the level traditional pool ionisers use. A chemist suggested that an average adult would need to swallow 12 - 15 litres of our pool water daily to get the rdi of copper. Likewise the silver level is parts per billion and well below drinking water standards. Hope this helps. Please contact us on 1300888457 if you would like more details of our product testing conducted by a Government laboratory to the Health Departments protocol for the introduction of a new pool/spa sanitiser.

Get an answer from our members and Enviroswim representatives