Evocca College Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Evocca College

33 questions from our users

Samia
Samia asked

Hi I have already completed my business management course with use and has lost my certificate. Is there any way I can reorder it

Kittyfluff

Neither Evocca nor their various entities exists anymore.

I’d suggest you contact the Dept of Education (www.dese.gov.au) or the Ombudsman (www.ombudsman.gov.au)

Samia
Samia asked

Hi I have already completed my business management course with use and have lost my certificate. Is there any way I can reorder another one

RHI
RHIasked

I am trying to chase down a number to get into contact with this people ? I have a massive debt from centrelink unless I can trace down a co formation of my enrolment details etc did not complete the course or get anything from it either reading all these reviews can anyone help has anyone had any of there hassles fixed ???

RHI
RHIasked

Hey Rhi,

I don’t have any contact details for Evocca, but recommend you contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman https://www.ombudsman.gov.au/.

They may be able to help.

Chantel
Chantelasked

Hi I studied evocca college back in 2016 and only got to complete 3 units is their anyway I can complete the course because tafe won’t approve RPL because the codes are different

The worst organisation ever. If you can even call them that. I myself studied with them and had no support. Their teachers were inadequate and I saw that they preyed on lot of the venerable people in the community that clearly would struggle. It was only so they could get the funding. I’ve gone to the ombudsman and submitted a complaint.

Cassidy95
Cassidy95asked

Hi, is there anyway I can find my course info or any admin to contact to find course info. I did a course years ago and I need to know my start and finish times and course names and numbers and I’m having no luck finding any of this information. Please and thank you!

Tracy
Tracy

They are no longer exist anymore. They abused the system and got into the shit. And put me in debt of $18,000.
Maybe look through your USI.

Emilee Masked

Can anyone tell me what the course cost was for Event management? I recall it being advertised of only just over $5,000 for a 1 year course so i joined up in 2014. There is noway at all this course could be finished in a year they gave no help with assignments and some assignments required me to have to spend my own money to organise events and film them and film me leading a team of people... how the hell can i do that when im doing it online and dont have a group of people to work with... so i never finished the course but now i have a HECs fee of $18,000 for a course that was never even possible to complete. and now Evvoca doesnt exist anymore and i can not get any answers from anyone... AAAGGHHHH

Haylee
Haylee

I'm in the same boat, I've just been smashed with a massive debt from the ATO because I earnt over $54000 this financial year. I was doing the youth work diploma back in 2014, back then I was just a useless drug addict on centre link! I was 2 months into the course & wasn't approved 4 a blue card (which is 100% required 2 complete the course let alone work in that industry) as I was on bail for drug charges! Evocca kept pushing me 2 continue the course anyway and they'd find a way to get it Approved and blah blah blah. I emailed a request to change courses and was emailed back to finish the first 2 assessments first then I could, my trainer then had had me fill out some paperwork to change courses. Within a wk of that I had to serve 6months jail, I advised my circumstances and why I would be absent, turns out they just kept of charging me that whole time anyway and hadn't even swapped me out of the youth work diploma anyway! I submitted a special circumstances submission as I was incarcerated so it was impossible to complete the course during that time, my trainer assured me this would remove any accumulated debt. Debt that I was never actually given an amount for, no documentation NOTHING! She even told me u only have to pay it back if u end up working in that industry!! I never went back yet I found a census email a few months later, God knows how much I've been charged and I'm still trying to gather all the info I need. No one can provide me any documentation or agreements I signed. I was in a vulnerable situation back then, no family, young girl, dv relationship and drugs, my trainer knew this too and Evocca completely took advantage of that. Now I'm paying of debt for something I didn't understand back then and was manipulated into. I fully understand now and am a completely different person that works very hard, I've emailed the dept of higher education requesting all my documentation and proof of participation, if this can't be provided I will be lodging an enquire with the ombudsmen for my help fees to be reversed. It's an absolute joke to expect someone to pay over $35000 for a diploma that means absolutely nothing in the real world, and that they knew from day dot was an industry I was legally illegible to work within at that time! I didn't even complete the first unit, I'll fight this till the end!!

Hope P
Hope P

Hello! Hello!

i am in the same situation as you currently with the college and asked for everything to be stopped prior to the census date however was pressured into options i didn't want as there were events that occurred out of my power (i was also only 17-18)

i have a current complaint with the commonwealth Ombudsman who are investigating.

did you have any luck in disputing it?

im currently having to repay the 12,000$ however never got a certificate nor completed an assessment :(

any help would be great

Shaun C
Shaun C

Hi, this has also happened to me, i only found out this year with the new Mygov updates to their website, since then i have received emails that i owe the ATO money, i logged in and sure enough, it was from HELP initiative the government had in place with Evocca, i started the course, was told to finish the first few units to be fully accepted, however certain circumstances prevented me from continuing, apparently from my research, they push you to complete the first few units, then they get the money off the government, then we are screwed over and its now a tax office issue, i have recently been told i owe $28000, if you could respond on who you went about calling it would be much appreciated as this is all from 2015 for me and looking at what they are charging me its only going up due to interest, thank you, if i find out any further info i will be sure to update you guys as well

Nana nehme
Nana nehmeasked

What courses do u guys have?

Petaasked

My name is Peta Peterson i did the coucelling course diploma in 2015 /16 did complete the majority of my course but never recieved my certificate.i had 6 mnths of course to complete when i got really sick and had to take time out.i am now residing at [personal details removed].my address when studying was [personal details removed] how do i get a copy of what i did achieve.
Petandwill@outlook.com

Kristy S.
Kristy S.

Did you ever sort this out, ? In the same boat

Tim B
Tim Basked

Hi, i was just wondering, if I don't complete the course for whatever reason, or I withdraw from it, do I have to pay the VET fees? And if so, how much?

Scott T
Scott T

Evocca will take your entire course fee as quick as they can. And you are stuck with the bill, my course was $23000.00 and as soon as they had it all they stopped offering support. DO NOT ENROLL WITH THEM

Kazza
Kazzaasked

Has ANYONE had their VET or HECS FEES over-turned? and if so HOW did you do it. I am angrier now that the government have reformed all the RORTING from Evocca and the like, and now the courses are only $10,000 - But what about those who had to deal with substandard education BEFORE the tighter restrictions on it. The Government allowed the ease of these predators, then realized the rorting that took place and now it is all much fairer....but those who got sucked in and had to deal with Substandard education at ridiculus cost, have been left in the dark. The Government should overturn the debts and SUE the Colleges for the monies back.

Steven

I feel the same way, The Liberal government has a lot to answer for, they let Evocca scam students putting us all in huge debt, then they acknowledge there was a problem and fix it with out taking their money back from them leaving us in huge debt still, how can they possibly justify this? It actually makes me sick looking at what diplomas cost now at 10k when we where all charged 25-30k by this money hungry college. Huge debt no training and wasted years, thank you Evocca College.

Rorycyanide
Rorycyanide

Maybe we students who were scammed should have a chat to a solicitor about a class action for not only refund of hecs debts but also compensation for the stress caused by their incompetence.

Emilee M

I am looking at trying to get mine over turned so if you have any luck please let me know. and ill do the same

V.Aasked

I only have 3 moths left for my course but I'm left hanging without a tutor in college and so many questions with no answer, if I withdraw the course I know I have to pay the whole amount but do I keep my laptop?

Brad
Brad

No. If you leave the course you don't get to keep the laptop. If you stay and finish the course, then it's yours. However, if you want more info, please message me or provide me with a means of messaging you.

Steven

I kept the laptop as well as people i know and they didn't do anything about it.

V.A

Steven: did you withdraw?

John Carter
John Carterasked

Recently just dropped out of a course with evocca, and I'm wondering how long I have until I have to return my laptop?

Steven

Hi, before you consider returning the laptop be aware that this college is a massive money scam, once they sign you up and you past the first census date they get the full costing of the course from the government vet fees. They have no need, incentive or intention on giving you good training because they don't need to, they already have all the money.

Once i found out that i was in debt for the full course fees after dropping out half way through their pathetic sub standard course i kept the laptop and they still had the nerve to send me return postage items expecting it back, what i found funny was they didn't ask for it back when i left the course they asked for it back when the course date ended.

I guess they kept me on their books for the full duration of the course to justify receiving the full amount of the course costs. (you might want to check this out)

I still have the laptop several years later, if i had my time again I'd sell the laptop asap and gain some money back for the huge debt i was put in from this scam college, also the dell laptops don't last long before they start getting problems.

leishaasked

Asqa has advised me to put in a complaint, as Evocca will not release my diploma after graduating 2 and half months ago, I've searched the Evocca website, but there's no where I can see that complaints can be made, could someone help me find it please?

J.C
J.C

The education department, complain the the education department. That gets things done and you are very deserving of that diploma

Theodora

complaints@evocca.edu.au is the email address, after that you can escalate it to ASQA via http://www.asqa.gov.au. I'd also recommend contacting Scott Ryan who has the Vocational Education portfolio for the Government and has commented on how repugnant Evocca is before (not in those words but it comes though clearly).

sasha
sashaasked

I have read through all the loan device information and i know that if you dont complete the course it must be returned. However if you complete the course and recieve a diploma are you then allowed to keep the device? I only ask cause i have been informed that you are allowed to keep it if you complete your course.

Jay
Jay

Hey! from the information they sent me, you return the item on completion or withdraw , any damages caused to the items must be paid for as well.

missdragon
missdragon

When I enrolled in the course I was told that I was allowed to keep the laptop I got when I graduated...yay! I got to keep it... but for new students past april 2015/16 the rules have changed. contact evocca for clarrification

Steven

A lot of people have been in the same situation, they lure you into the course with things like devices then want them back after ripping you off with poor course structure, training and support. I quit half way through the course and got charged the full course fees of like 27k so i kept the device.

kristin
kristinasked

once i graduate the course i'm currently doing im thinking of doing another one. will i have to pay 2 lots of VET fees? also im distance but go to my local campus twice a week to study so hen i graduate can i graduate at my local campus?

Emily C.Evocca College

HI Kristin, thanks for getting in touch! The best thing to do is email social.media@evocca.edu.au with your full name so we can look into your questions. Thanks!

Steven

There is good quality online training institutes out there, Evocca college is not one of them stay clear.

Donny

tutors are very disrespectful one of them literally told me to F off and that they are not there to help the students as this is a do it yourself course???!!!

dolphin03
dolphin03asked

Hi! I was just wondering with each new cluster we do, do we get equipment books we need to help or is it just online?

Donny

No books are supplied it's all done online no support either you have to do it yourself

Theodora

I received one book and two unit handbooks ever. Funny how they started off sending hard copies and stationary and other crap then just stopped lol

Cynthia L
Cynthia L

I don't know what you are talking about! I'm doing my diploma of counselling through Evocca, now the Change Academy, online & by distance education, have a wonderful tutor & have received all my learner guides & textbooks. did you ever ring or email the college about not having received them??

lisaasked

what happens if the laptops are not returned?

Emily C.Evocca College

Hi Lisa, if you enrolled in an Evocca College course after April 1st 2015 you must return the student device. As agreed on in your student device policy, the laptop remains the property of Evocca College. Please see point 10. of the student device policy; http://web-cdn.evocca.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/15141816/Device-Program-Policy.pdf

lisa

I enrolled February 2014.

Derek Rogers

Keep it because they will put you in debt for the full price of the course plus what the laptop would of costed.

dylanhilder
dylanhilderasked

Hey! Can you do half school and half Evocca?

Peta

Hey ;) What so what do you mean exactly? Like attend both schools? If so, why pay two lots of school fees ect. Also I'm 3/4 of my way through but just say I started Tafe in December what I've already completed at Evocca gets marked off at Tafe. I'm pretty sure Tafes diploma is similar but maybe some different units too. Hope I've made some sense. Let me know.

Derek Rogers

stay away from this college, they are about making money not teaching you.

Danaasked

Can anyone tell me how much the community services course costs at evocca?

Sally s
Sally s

I would check with the website but I'm sure I payed around 15 000 but although you don't have to pay anything back if you decide to sign up it rises with indexation price each year you don't pay anything. I'm telling you this because that's how vet-fee works

Dana

Do you reckon it's worth the price? I'm still contemplating if I should go through with it I'm 18 I'd really love to do community services but it's so expensive as I work part time. Not sure wether it's worth it

Veronica J
Veronica J

You end up with a debt to the federal government that stays with you forever. Once you start working and earning approx $54000 you have to start paying it back. The only ones who laugh all the way to the bank are the Directors of Evocca who all drive luxury cars, including one board member who's kids who own an Evocca kiosk drive Lamborghinis!

Get an answer from our members and Evocca College representatives