2Globird Energy

Globird Energy Questions & Answers

Verifiedglobirdenergy.com.au🏆 2024 Award
tigre

One of the reviewers said that lower prices are offered to new customers and the company reply didn't contradict that. Does that mean they increase the prices after you sign up?

Bernard.
Bernard.

They have all increased their prices so not sure how much of an increase is just normal.

Globird Energy   DM

Hello Tigre, After signing up, any increase in costs would be influenced by factors such as network, wholesale, and hedging costs. Market offers fluctuate, so they won't automatically change multiple times throughout the year. While customers don't have entitlement to specific offers, if there's a sales offer for new customers, we can extend it to existing customers. Essentially, it's the customer's responsibility to stay up to date with market trends and then reach out to the retailer.

Thanks for mentioning that Bernard, as the increases with the majority of retailers have been substantial over the last few years.

tigre

I'm not hearing a 'no'. So as I understand it, the rates we see in comparison tools are special temporary offers to hook new customers after which they jack up the price. How is that legal?

Globird Energy   DM

To simplify, let's consider a customer who signs up today. The prices they receive will likely differ from a customer who signs up a month later, as pricing may have increased or decreased. If a current customer has a set of pricing that is cheaper than what's available in a month, they certainly wouldn't call in and ask for an increase. The request would only arise in the event of a decrease in pricing.

Rich
Rich

Here's the referral code to get $50 off your 2nd bill (valid till May 2024) https://quote.globirdenergy.com.au/quote?pcode=refer&ref=%7BU%5EUWw%7Bp

COO-589
COO-589

Do you really thinking you're fooling people with all of your own fake reviews? It's disgusting, blatant building-up of your overall rating and is thinning-out all of the genuine reviews of which the majority actually happen to be 1-star! Moderators, sort it out.

Juju
Juju

I couldn’t agree more ! Globird energy have many fake 4-5 stars reviews.

Globird Energy   DM

Hi COO-589, We value your feedback, but we must express our concern regarding the accusation. Rest assured, all reviews come from current, past, and prospective GloBird Energy customers.
Negative reviews, like Juju's, are welcomed and embraced as they provide an opportunity for clarification. We appreciate the chance to address any misunderstandings and scenarios that a customer may not be aware of.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and allowing us to confirm that all reviews, both positive and negative, are from genuine customers.

tigre

Fake reviews are illegal in Australia. If only there was a way to police it though.

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Tigre, As mentioned before, all reviews originate from current, past, and prospective GloBird Energy customers.
Our customers span across various demographics and possess diverse levels of understanding of the English language.
Could you please provide more details on why you suspect they might be fake?

Rick W
Rick W

Hello, just enquiring to whether the smart meter currently in use by my current provider (Red Energy) is compatible with your system for solar feed in. Currently quarterly bills but accurate with no estimates.
My NMI is 42040774569

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Rick, It appears that your meter possesses advanced smart capabilities and is configured for solar feed-in.
Our more competitive offers require monthly billing and with a smart meter in place, you can enjoy the benefit of receiving monthly bills, precisely calculated based on actual meter readings.

mikeyf
mikeyf

Hi,
I've tried to get a quote before switching to Globird Energy using my address and NMI.
Both times I get the following message -Sorry we cannot onboard this site on a market offer.
Do you not want my business?
Regards,
Mike

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Mikey, While we're committed to welcoming and assisting potential customers, it appears that we may encounter challenges servicing your meter. This may be attributed to factors such as an embedded network, meter type, or distribution zone. Should you choose to share your NMI, we'll gladly conduct another search from our end and ascertain whether the service is feasible.

Bobski
Bobski

I had the same. No other company has had any issue giving me a quote so I signed up with another provider. If they dont want your business then fine , there are plenty of other options.

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Bobski, As a small budget retailer, we operate with certain limitations and adhere strictly to our established processes. While we always encourage customers to reach out and discuss any concerns they may have, we completely understand if you find it more convenient to explore other options with different retailers.

mick t.
mick t.

Mick, your fit please

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Mick, Are you after the solar feed-in tariff?
If so, please provide your NMI.

Greg M.
Greg M.

Can you tell me if the solar I am producing is used in my home first by our appliances and only the surplus generated exported to the grid?

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Greg, Provided you've had a solar meter reconfiguration, then yes.
Otherwise, it will just be used to power the home.
Hope this helps.

Hailey Y.
Hailey Y.

Hello, I am looking for a quote by searching the meter serial number but it shows that WE CAN'T LOCATE THE DATA NEEDED TO GIVE YOU A QUOTE AT THIS TIME?

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Hailey, It seems that we unfortunately can't service your meter.
If you provide the serial number, we can double-check and confirm for you.

Jon
Jon

Does Globird have online energy monitoring like AGL where you can monitor your daily usage via the Smart Meter?

Leanne G.
Leanne G.

Hi, sorry, I’m not sure as it’s not something I do. I think Globird have a chat function so they can probably tell you :)

Globird Energy   DM

Hey all, We have a very handy My Account service, which features many helpful tools.
Tracking the smart meter usage is one of them.
Please feel free to register and check it out; external link

Huw G.
Huw G.

Please advise your tariff in Cents per Unit from 1/7. House with 4 (3 girls, one guy) and separately metered granny flat (one guy) current averge, pre tariff increase, is $300 per month with the solar feed in.

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Huw, To ensure accuracy, it would be best to search with your details on our webpage.
Using the NMI will ensure the information is as per your meter.
Alternatively, you can call 133 456 or email customerservice@globirdenergy.com.au

Out of pocket
Out of pocket

With the increase in electricity prices expected from 01st July 2023 please confirm how much Globird will be increasing. Thank you

Globird Energy   DM

Hi there, Electricity prices can vary depending on various factors such as location, energy market conditions and regulatory changes. To find accurate, up to date and specific information that relates to you, please check our official website or contact our customer service team.

Alicia

$50 off your bill when you sign up with my referral code / offer end 30th June 2023

Offer ends 10/10/23

WhS
WhS

Saviour, thanks.

arbies

so my review has been knocked back? no explanation and I can't find anything untoward in the review that I wrote. I think if you are going to NOT publish, then say WHY. Do that too often and people will not bother with you. At least I won't.

Russell B.
Russell B.

Have the recent big rises in Gas and also Electricity before that been taken into account with your rates at present on the Gov comparison website .If so how long will they stay as they are . If I was switch from my present provider who I have been with for 4 years but have recently had increases of around 35% on Gas an also 30% on Electric before that .Thanks Russ

Macca
Macca

I saw on TV you offer 10 cents per kilowatt hour for solar feed in rates, is that true

Raymond H.
Raymond H.

Is Glowbird increasing prices by 18%

Jennifer
Jennifer

well my son who is on the disability pension's bill has just gone up from $89 to $501 in 1 month!

arbies

who is your son with Jennifer?

Joe
Joe

How many of the 5 star ratings did GloBird give themselves here?

Graham
Graham

Is your question about my review ?

Penny
Penny

Being a relatively new Australian and not having a credit card or history, am I going to be refused a power supplier? I should have a good credit rating in UK.

Jen
Jen

I am not sure. You will need to ask Globird directly. Sorry...all the best!

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Penny, No worries, we can still help you out. We may need to get some other form of ID verification like your passport.
Please give our friendly staff a call on 133456 so we can assist you.

Pauline
Pauline

what is your average cost per year for gas and electricity for 6 person home

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Pauline, We’d like to give you an accurate answer, but there are so many variables. The kind of meter, the tariff type, the distribution zone, how much power and gas the six people you use, and when they use it.

The good news is we have built a free energy comparison calculator on our website. It can work out the answer for you instantly. You don’t need to enter your name or contact details to use it. Jump on the home page, click “get a quote” and the “new customer” it will look up your specific meter type and tariff. Then click “compare my bill” it will ask use your actual usage, and it will instantly tell you how much the same bill will be with GloBird.

Regards,
GloBird Energy.

Sam
Sam

What should I do to transfer?

Shaira Noshin
Shaira Noshin

Call them up and speak to the staff they will help you

Globird Energy   DM

Hi Sam, Please give our friendly team a call on 133 456, or alternatively email us at CustomerService@globirdenergy.com.au, and we can assist you from there.

Thanks!

Anonymous762
Anonymous762

Dear Past customers of Globird, Does Globird have any exit fees?
Thank you in advance.

Thomas F.
Thomas F.

No. According to my research, almost all energy companies don’t have that fee.

Get an answer from our members and Globird Energy representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Globird Energy is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now