GMHBA Health Insurance

GMHBA Health Insurance Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by GMHBA Health Insurance

22 questions from our users

Wilma S.asked

Which A C T pathology groups do GMHBA have agreements with . I would like to join but have read reviews which Suggest ACT residents may be disadvantaged .thank you Wilma

Old boy
Old boy

Capital Pathology has the bulk of the business in the ACT. Only a problem if you are hospitalised and lot of blood tests were done, as in my case. I am not sure if GMHBA has no fee agreements with others in the ACT.

Wilma S.

Thanks for your response . Perhaps GMHBA could clarify this .

Carol W.asked

Is GMHBA refunding extras to policy holders not used during COVID?

John

Perhaps a rethink on the way this question is asked may help - at least me - especially the reference to COVID
I am not aware of what may be suggested here
What exactly has prompted this question?
Is their murmuring within the ranks I know nothing about?

Carol W.

There was a mention on Channel 7 last week that some health funds were refunding portions of unused extras on policies during 2020.

John

Thanks. It is now dawning on me as to your intent ... don't follow those type of sensational Public Affairs TV shows
My response: Why expect a refund?
What about 'normal' years when 'we' don't use all of our 'entitlements'
So, why should we cry foul just because we have a political lockdown?

I did not receive a full Extras refund fr GMHBA on new spectacles, as I did not think to check if my wife had claimed earlier in the same year (mine was at a considerable cost - three sets of specs: general, reading and 'required' prescription sun glasses (early cataracts developing). If I had just held out till the new Extras year rolled over ... !

Would be nice to be able to claim 'certain extras' to support specific medical conditions, in my case, a quality BP monitor
My long history of cardiac claims (GMHBA) would surely have given some value where our GMHBA Extras have generally (I think) been on the moderate side. Not sure how this could be manageable without an even greater admin burden on the Health Fund

And where do you stop like, a no-claim bonus where we don't use our Hospital cover for any year?

On my care insurance I recently had an automatic refund of approx $250, all because I had just included one of my daughters (aged 45) as another authorized driver (not a full-time driver). I was not under any penalties on that policy, although her no-claim accident history counted towards that $250.

My only point here is flexibility if possible at all, and every case on its merit and loyalty. Thank you. John

Elke
Elkeasked

Is varicose vein treatment covered in the Bronze Plus Insurance package? It is not clear. It does not mention veins, only blood.

Jann

Try ringing them on their 13hundred number and asking.

Joyce H.
Joyce H.asked

How do I claim on a podiatry paid account ,I am in gold class over the internet

Jann

Contact GMHBA and they can send you a direct link to send a photo image of the account. Very easy and payment is usually in your account within 1 - 2 days. Then each time you make a claim you use that same link.

john m
john masked

how much is your top hospital and silver exras cover we donot need pregnancy

$320 amonth a couple

George D.
George D.

We pay annually and expect to pay mid 4k this year

donna M.
donna M.asked

I am looking at Hospital cover for a knee replacement. I am in the 3 year period where I can take up cover before my age is a factor. I am already a member.

Elaine F.

I had my claim made by my Surgeon - everything obviously went well as I had no contact from GMHBA and take it that they dealt with everything - other contacts with them have always been dealt with to my satisfaction.

Belinda
Belindaasked

What would the out of pocket expenses be for weight loss surgery if I had gold coverage?

Dorothy McDonald
Dorothy McDonald

Absolutely no idea. Sorry.

Elaine F.

It would be the gap between the cost of the surgery/anaesthetic and the rebate from GMHBA which could be 'nothing'.

Isabella Yu Art
Isabella Yu Artasked

What is GMHBA dental extra? How much does it cost per year?
I seem to be paying more to my dentist, has GMHBA reduced the dental cover recently?
Can 2 people join GMHBA under the one cover and if so how is the refund calculated?

Kim Wilson
Kim Wilson

You would need to direct these questions to GMHBA. I think that because of the 10 ofthousands of members dropping private cover the funds are paying out less so current members are finding themselves more out of pocket.

Carolyn C
Carolyn Casked

We are existing customers & I'm wondering if GMHBA do Travel Insurance to Canada & Alaska my husband has a pre-existing illness & we would be travelling next year (June-July)
thanks Carolyn C

Gloria Jean J.
Gloria Jean J.asked

Hi how much is it to have for specialist cover regards Gloria Johnston

faye
fayeasked

Why my netbank payment did NOT come thru on 1st May as requested ? My ac no 409327. Fae Power. Thanks

Ms Middleton
Ms Middleton

and I was wondering why my email to GMHBA regarding any coverage ;under my policy for an ambulance service classified as urgent. I am not terribly impressed by this health insurance with this company and am considering changing to one that meets my needs. thanks. In answer to your question I don't know. Maybe cause there wasn't the money my bank account due to paying $987.00 to St Johns Ambulance, as I needed urgent medical attention

pat
patasked

Do you get private hospital cover in NSW

pat
patasked

Does GMHBA cover private hospital in NSW

Kim Testa
Kim Testa

Yes, but I wouldn’t recommend them Pat

Carmel Clark
Carmel Clarkasked

Where are you outlets in NSW?

Scotty O
Scotty Oasked

hi I would like to add hip replacement insurance to our private health. also can I get travel insurance added on a trip to Fiji tomorrow

cabs
cabsasked

Does GMBH have in patient hospital coverage for Psychiatric services?

BAZ
BAZasked

What is your persentage payback on claims?

Anita
Anitaasked

With knee replacement in Sydney St Vincent's Hospital, how much gap do I have to pay if I join Gmhba with $500 excess and what is your feedback regarding this type of surgery?

Don Ryan
Don Ryan

Your doctor is the one who will be charging for the surgery so ask them how much the gap fee will be. Ask them for separate quotes for the surgeon, assistant surgeon, and the anaesthetist.

Delma
Delmaasked

Are you accepted in every hosp Australia wide?

Paula.B
Paula.B

They cover 87 hospitals out of 90

cheryl broderick
cheryl broderickasked

Hi I am a member with Platinum Extras, wondering if I can claim schlerotherapy for my varicose vein treatment?

Dougall
Dougall

I am unable to answer this question as I have not had this treatment. I suggest you phone GMHBA and ask them in person, they have always been very upfront and honest with any questions I have had. Good luck I hope you have a positive outcome.

Michael012
Michael012

Hi Cheryl I am also unable to answer this question but suggest you ring GMHBA on 1300 446 422. We have always found the staff to be courteous and very helpful. Good luck!

Get an answer from our members and GMHBA Health Insurance representatives