Hello Solar

Hello Solar Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Jeffrey C.

Jeffrey C.asked

If I am to purchase solar panels from Hello Solar, would I get the benefit of the Federal government's PV Small Technology Certificate (STC) Subsidy ? Would the price quoted by Hello solar be already reduced by that STC Subsidy ? I am from Queensland. How much would be the amount of the Subsidy if i am to purchase 20 solar panels from Hello Solar ?

Karen

Ok. Well I can only tell you about mine. Yes to subsidy. Price has subsidy subtracted. You cannot get them free. I tried. Usually about 6500 - 3500 subsidy and you pay 3000. Depends on your roof accessibility and shading to number of panels and installation price. My place has full sun and low set. I paid 3000 or 3200 maybe out of my own pocket. I think it was 3000 plus 200 for something else

Roshan Fernando

Roshan Fernandoasked

My panels were installed by Hello Solar on 2 Feb 2020. NMI no. at the time was 43104733376. The wifi unit was also fitted to the inverter at the time. The smart meter was installed on the 5 March and the solar system was switched on to the grid. The indicator lights on the wifi unit do not light up. Please advice.

Christopher B.
Christopher B.

My inverter is a Kehua single phase which has a black module plugged in to the unit from underneath which is the wifi transmitter which my smart phone communicates with, then you need to down load the suitable app that is the 1st stage ,l have,t completed the process, because the inverter has the digital read out on the front.

Kecka

Keckaasked

How long have you as a customer had to wait to get refund from Hello Solar after job was cancelled because they could not install the panels ordered

Karen

That was not the problem. They installed the panels but we had to wait 6 months for the rebate because they messed up the paperwork.

HowItReallyIsasked

Just had a call from this company to our small business in Sydney has anyone dealt with them in Sydney for a business, we said we don't own the building and they tell us that's not an issue they will follow up with the owner to get permission etc. Would love to hear of anyone's positive experiences in Sydney if there are some - thanks :)

geckonet
geckonet

If you are thinking of using this company, do your research. The owner is the prior Director and Co-owner of The Home Improvement People and Got to Go Solar that operated in NSW. Reviews on both of these companies, not to mention Department of Fair Trading (see links below), should tell you all you need to know.

Product Review Links:

NSW Department of Fair Trading Links:

Don't take my word for it, do your own research and make a fully informed decision.

HowItReallyIs

Thanks we didn't get involved but knew nothing about them and that is why I asked if anyone did (part of my research in fact was that question on this site). Appreciate your response. There are a lot of sharks out there, hard to find anyone these days that does what they say they do well P.S. don't get me started on the Dept of Fair Trading either they are not without their fair share of knuckle heads.

Get an answer from our members and Hello Solar representatives