2iRobot Roomba 630

iRobot Roomba 630 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:36210041 and RIRR630
RoomForThought
RoomForThought · Roomba 630

Hello, I have replaced my 630 battery with a roomba certified battery.
I have not used the 630 for several months. WHen I tried again (after charging it), it started showing this behavior :
- Starts OK, leaves docking station
- rotates on itself, brushes starting, a little
- Stops and says "please charge roomba" + red light.

Tried so far, without any result :
- tested the battery with a tester (shows a good voltage, 14,5V)
- cleaned the contacts
- resetting battery (10 seconds on Spot + Dock)
- full reset (10 secs on Spot + Dock + Clean)

What else can I try ?

iRobot   DM

Hi, please call our Customer Service Centre on 1300 727 241 to discuss your situation. We are sure we can resolve this privately. Kind regards

Norm Zillman
Norm Zillman · Roomba 630

Can I use a non genuine battery in a robot 630?

Wendy
Wendy · Roomba 630

We have IRoomba 630. We are getting error 1. We have addressed everything in the fault description and still no joy.When you line it up with the charger it gives the correct sounds,green charger light comes on,Roomba starts to flash orange as though it’s charging then about three flashes in it reverts back to error 1 and charger light goes out.

Linda M. · Roomba 630

Can a romba leak oil?

iRobot   DM

Hi Linda, Roomba products should not leak oil. If you could please send us a private message with your contact details, we'd be happy to get a member of our team in touch to look into this for you. Kind regards, iRobot

Linda M.

Thank you, it seems to be ok now.

David D
David D · Roomba 630

I replaced the battery a year ago, everything went tikkity boo.

This month it stopped charging. I bypassed the dock, error 5 -cleaned the connections, removed the battery, cleaned the connections, held the power down, held the spot and dock down etc...

I am getting a 4 flash error code for which I can find no info.

Before I try bending the contacts up a bit, do you have any suggestions?

Stephen
Stephen · Roomba 630

I have a roomba 630 and when docked it flashes orange slowly thad starts rapid flashing for atleast a minute and then shuts off and does charge any help please

iRobot   DM

Hi Stephen, is the robot indicating an error message when this occurs? Please see list of charging errors for 600 series robots here for your consultation: external link  Kind regards, iRobot

Linda
Linda · Roomba 630

I have a iRobot Roomba 533. It emits a low humming noise while on the charger as well as when it is off of the charger. What is causing this humming noise?

iRobot   DM

Hi Linda, this could be that the brushes or other interior elements are dislodged. Please take out and reinstall the brushes and bin and see if the issue persists. Kind regards, iRobot

S stretton
S stretton · Roomba 630

Left my 630 of charge for few wks now when I try to charge amber light flashing then red light flashes not charging any answers? thanks

William B.
William B. · Roomba 630

My 630 is making a low pitch whine/hum. Removed battery/changed batery.,,still making noise

iRobot   DM

Hi William, it is normal for Roomba to make small amounts of noise while undertaking a cleaning cycle. If your robot is emitting a hum, buzz or ticking sound while charging on the Home Base, this can occur due to improper positioning of the robot on the Home Base, or a debris build up on the charging contacts for the Home Base. Please check the following: - Verify no debris has been built up on the Home Base contacts.
- If debris is found, wipe away the debris with a clean melamine foam and place Roomba correctly back onto the Home Base.
- If the noise continues, plug the Home Base in a different outlet in a different location of your home.

Please note these noises will not affect the overall performance of your robot or Home Base.

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions,

Tate Illingworth
Tate Illingworth · Roomba 630

I have an issue with my Roomba, it gets charged till it’s green then I turn it on then it goes a meter and stops and says place back on charging pad and the brush seems to spin extremely slow, the battery has been replaced with a new one from the store but still seems not to work

iRobot   DM

Hi Tate, so sorry to hear your robot is experiencing this issue. Please attempt the following troubleshooting steps at this support article to see if it resolves the problem: external link  If the issue persists, attempt a robot reboot or factory reset and attempt the action again. If the problem continues you may require further assistance from our service team, please send us a private message with your contact details if this is the case.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

janel13
janel13

Hi. I have the same issue as Tate but the link provided for the answer doesn’t work

Cath S.
Cath S. · Roomba 630

I put a new battery in my Roomba and when I did, the wheels spun and smoke came out of the machine. Now it seems dead (and smells funny) and no lights come on at all. Can this be fixed?

iRobot   DM

Hi Cath, sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem. These are very concerning issues that do not sound like typical robot behaviour at all, and I would recommend you cease use of the unit immediately. Unfortunately if the battery or charger have been replaced with non-genuine iRobot parts then this is a potential, albeit very rare, reaction that could occur. It would assist our team in diagnosing why this occurred if you could please provide some additional details:
- The approximate age of your unit
- If the battery was the genuine replacement part battery for Roomba 600 series as sold in the iRobot store
- If the battery was charging when this reaction occurred
- If the charger was a genuine replacement part as sold in the iRobot store

Kesar
Kesar · Roomba 630

I have irobot roomba 630 and somethings wrong. It goes in circles and stop. I start again and it does the same again. I have checked the wheels and one is moving freely by hand and the other is not. How do I fix that and is that the reason it's going circles and stopping?

iRobot   DM

Hi Kesar, sorry to hear this. The behaviour your Roomba is exhibiting indicates there may be an issue with its wheel. If the robot is indicating a specific error message, please view the 600 series error messages chart for further resolution: external link  If your robot is not indicating an error message, please try pushing the wheels up and down several times, and shaking out any loose debris that may be trapped in the wheel well. Briskly turn both wheels by hand to attempt to get each wheel exhibiting a free turn with a similar level of resistance. If the issue persists, you may need a replacement wheel module. These can be purchased at our online store, please see the relevant links below.
Left wheel module for 600 series: external link
Right wheel module for 600 series: external link

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Tony Bui · Roomba 630

hi, I have IRobot Roomba 630. I've recently replaced the battery after that it only worked couples of time.
Then it suddenly said "charging error 1" when charging.
Can you please help me out with this issue, what does it means?
Regards
Tony

1ozflyer
1ozflyer

Hi Tony, I would remove the battery and clean the internal contacts on the Robot as well as the battery terminals. Another potential issue could be the contacts on the charging unit and the robot, I would clean these also. Good luck

Tony Bui

I already did them all but issue still
However when I borrow the battery from friend of mine, it’s working fine without issue.
I think there could be something wrong with my new battery. What do you reckon?

iRobot   DM

Hi Tony, charging error 1 indicates that your Roomba 630 is unable to detect the battery. This often occurs when using non-manufacturer approved replacement parts. Please visit our online store at external link  for purchase of official iRobot parts with guaranteed Roomba compatibility. If your product issue persists, please contact our customer service team on 1300 727 421 for further assistance. Kind regards, iRobot

MikeH
MikeH · Roomba 630

My Roomba 630 keeps saying move to a new location and press the clean button. I moved it and press the clean button but it just keeps on repeating the message. I’ve tried holding the two buttons for 10sec to reset but it keeps going back to the message. It was working fine before and when the message came up I moved it and pressed clean and it went. I don’t know what’s changed. Can you help me?

Lorraine S
Lorraine S · Roomba 630

Hi, I have just replaced the side wheel modules on my 630. Now Roomba only goes in circles and after 2 minutes stops with error 10. Is it possible the new wheels are incorrectly installed?

iRobot   DM

HI Lorraine Error 10 is advising there is an issue with wheels. Is you Roomba turning left or right when it spins?

cstrattonjones · Roomba 630

How does this model work with an app, didn’t think that was an option.

Alma
Alma

Not sure with 630 as I bought the 670, with 670 it’s basically just to activate the clean button, pause and send home. Always help with notifications if there’s error or roomba needed help. If you get the higher range, I think you can navigate or set up cleaning area and schedules. Hope it helps. ;)

iRobot   DM

Good Morning cstrattonjones Sadly the iRobot Roomba 630 is not a wifi enabled Roomba. This can only be operated manually.
kind regards iRobot

Bev D · Roomba 630

I purchased this machine in January 2014. I am wondering if I need a new battery as it only runs for about 10 mins before saying "recharge"

iRobot   DM

Good Morning Bev D, Based on the age of the Roomba, and it only running for a short time, I would be recommending replacing the battery.
To be a 100% sure, you can remove the charging cable from the home base and plug this directly into the Roomba. if you find you are still only getting 10 minutes, the battery is defiantly the issue. These can be purchased from our online store external link  or by contacting our office on 1300 727 421.

Thank you Rebecca, I will be ordering a new battery
Cheers Bev

steve F.
steve F. · Roomba 630

Our 630 fails to dock correctly. It'll home in on the station and attempt to dock, but then it pushes itself off and goes through the same routine of trying to dock. It'll make a few attempts and then go off around the room again before lining up for another go with the same result. I've followed the instructions of cleaning contacts and sensors and also all the power lead checks. Also removed battery and re-inserted with same results. Is there any advise you can provide?

iRobot   DM

Good Morning Steve Your Roomba no longer docking on the home base correctly could be for a number of reasons. We recommend cleaning your charging contacts on the Roomba and the home base with a pencil eraser or a scotch brite sponge. You will find this will remove the grim build up that could be stopping your Roomba from registering it is home.
If you found you are still having problems, please contact our office on 1300 727 421 with reference C0160414 and we can provide more troubleshooting.

Tinika M
Tinika M · Roomba 630

Hi I’ve got a Roomba 630 12months old and I bought it second hand has been sitting for a couple of months, cleans well does a cleaning cycle then re docks and flashes orange to say it’s charging , and the green light on the dock comes on , then after a couple of seconds the dock green light goes out and 10 seconds or so later the orange light stops flashing on the Roomba and goes out . So not sure if it’s charging because no lights are on . Have cleaned all contacts Etc. Any suggestions?

iRobot   DM

Good Morning Tinika M Thank you for getting in touch with us. Units manufactured from 2016 had a change made, that the Unit and Home Base will flash approx 4 times and than go out as an energy saving mode. The Roomba will be fully charged in approx 3-4 hours. We do recommend keeping the Roomba on the base at all times, unless you are planning on not using it for more the 2 weeks. At which time as advise the remove the battery from the Roomba.

If you have any further questions, please not hesitate to contact us directly on 1300 727 421.

Robot
Robot · Roomba 630

My Roomba 630 refuses to recharge until the battery is flat. It will dock but not charge. Any ideas?

iRobot   DM

Good Morning Robot This is a strange one, I have not heard this before. Are you able to contact our office directly on 1300 727 421 with reference C0159535, as we would like to chat with you more about it, and hopefully we can offer some troubleshooting over the phone to get your Roomba functioning correctly again.

Kind regards iRobot

Get an answer from our members and iRobot representatives

Select a listing for your question
iRobot Roomba 630