Luxury Escapes Questions & Answers

367 questions from our users

Michele

Micheleasked

Hi
Very disappointed wanted to book escape for ourselves and as a present for friends had a couple of questions but made it clear wanted particular nights that at time of call were available followed up 02106980 on this receipt number was told some one would get back to me next day , so checked deal today no availability so very disappointed could someone please follow up
Felt brushed off when I followed up
Michele
[Contact Details Removed]

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Michele, we have followed up with our support team and someone will touch base via your case: 02106980

Tara H.

Tara H.asked

Hi there. We booked a package to Fiji. At first we held onto the package and rebooked it twice. It is now expiring at the end of June. After back and forth on emails and a rather uncomfortable conversation by phone, we were given a 50% refund and 50% credit. Given the package is expiring it seems unfair we cannot receive the full funds back? The trip was for our honeymoon and was meant to be a once in a lifetime trip. Now we are heavily out of pocket needing to find a domestic option close by, and feel like we have been strong armed into a huge credit we have no need of. Can you please help? My booking number is GW06GF and it is booked under Tara Hawley.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Tara, thank you for reaching out. We will look into this for you and reach out via email. Kind Regards, LE

Kannu
Kannu

There ans will be we are awaiting update. Guess what they have not even paid the hotel but they are holding on to your funds & won’t release them. I am still waiting for my flights refund & it has been 12 months & they don’t even care to update me and after sending mulitiple emails & even writing on there Insta I get a reply back we are awaiting & thats after 12 months. Hello luxury escapes I am still waiting for my refund that I paid you?? Instead of refunding my money & them dealing with the third party they like to take the clients through all of this trauma & still not give refund or communicate.

Sonja

Sonjaasked

Good morning. I have a trip booked with LE and due to Covid we can not leave the country. It is for NZ. Can I request a refund please. E8ZMP0 booking number.

Many thanks

Sonja Latcham

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Sonja, we have passed on your details to our support team and someone will get in touch soon. Thanks, LE

Narelleasked

Hi we are booked for a LE in October to Queenstown New Zealand but it looks like travel from Australia to NZ will not be happening. I have emailed you and have not had a response. Does the Force Majeure apply? Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Narelle, let us know your booking reference and we can follow up right away. Thanks, LE

Thanks, our Booking No. is BK3RYO

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Narelle, we have passed on your details and someone will touch base soon. Thanks, LE

Sue

Sueasked

I booked a LE in Nov 2019 for travel in Jun 2020 to Bali, however due to COVID 19 we were unable to travel. At that time I send a request for a refund via the online form and never heard back, so had no choice but to select the credit option via the App as there was no other option available (as I was fearful of loosing out). Both myself and my husband work for essential service industries and cannot see ourselves travelling.

I noticed the policy has been updated where by there is an option for getting a refund. Can we please, please, please have a refund.

Booking reference YNPSX1.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Sue, thanks for getting in touch. We have passed on your booking reference to our support team for further review and we'll touch base directly via email. Kind regards, LE

Gayle asked

In November 2020, my sister and I booked a 7 day holiday in Cairns. Due to covid 19 the Victorian and Queensland governments closed the borders to each other 2 days prior to us leaving Victoria. I know that Pullman Cairns have refunded the amount back to LE as my account shows it. How is it that LE will not pass on the refund back to the credit card that we paid it from. We do not see in the foreseeable future of travelling interstate or overseas and we would like a refund. Our booking reference is AD3WTU.
Thanks Gayle

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Gayle, We can see that the support team reached out to you on the 24th Feb (case 02059615) but there has not been a response to this email. We will get this resent and if you could reply to that we can continue to assist. Note, sometimes the emails sneak into Junk/spam folders so make sure you check there. Kind Regards, LE

Gayle

Good evening my sister spoke to representative from LE on the 25th February and we are waiting to hear back from you

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Thanks for confirming Gayle, we don’t have references to that call on your case (above), could you reply to that email with details of that call so we can look into this further for you

Ddd

Dddasked

We booked a luxury escapes to Uluwatu which was supposed to be used June 2020 during the pandemic. I cannot see travelling to Bali being an option in the near future or within the dates listed in the criteria. When I spoke to a consultant I was told I could not get a refund. Our reference is S3JC2J. I would like a refund. Both my husband and I cannot afford to travel in the near future now.

Hi Danielle,
Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear that you did not go on your Escape. We will look into this for you and reach out via case 02011258
Kind Regards,
LE

Arleneasked

How do I contact a live representative with Luxury Escapes? I need help with a booking.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Arlene, our support team can be reached via 1300 88 99 00, alternatively, let us know your booking reference and we can follow up with the team.

Arlene

I'm in Chicago. Is there another number or can we correspond via email? I'm interested in booking something for the Maldives and wanted to know if there are flights we could book with it as well.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Arlene, we can only arrange flights for departures from Australia and New Zealand. Send us your email address via private message and we can pass this on to someone to touch base regarding accommodation in the Maldives.

Markoasked

Hi,

We purchased 2 overseas hotel packages in February last year for our RTW trip but due to the pandemic have not been able to use them. My partner and I are both not working and I suspect due to financial reasons will not be travelling overseas in the near future. I originally applied to get a refund but were only offered future dated credits, but given we are not working we need the money more than future credits. I have heard from friends that Luxury Escapes is refunding some people in certain circumstances. Could our request for a refund please be reconsidered given the hardship we are currently experiencing?

Thanks, Mark

Booking ID: V1RTQX (Singapore) &
Booking ID: 94F1IT (Bangkok)

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Marko, thank you for reaching out. We will look into this for you and reach out via email. Kind Regards, LE

Marko

Hi, I am yet to hear anything from LE. Will they be contacting me using this email address in Product Review?

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Marko, the email is sent to the address attatched to your Luxury Escapes account. If you would like this sent to a seperate email let us know the address via Private Message

Sandra V.asked

Hi,

I purchased a package in February last year and due to the pandemic have not been able to use it. I am now pregnant and will not be travelling with a child in the near future. I have tried to get a refund but I keep being told that I can only get credit, with a baby on the way I need the money more than the credit. From what I've read and understand, LE is refunding some people and not others, which I find unfair. I would like a full refund and would be happy to book again when circumstances change.

Booking number is D95T0R

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Sandra, thank you for reaching out. We will escalate this for you and have the team look into your request. Kind Regards, LE

Sandra V.

Thank you to Cassandra who reached out promptly and sorted out my refund.

Sandraasked

I purchased a luxury escape in June 2020 with a validity period of 9 months until end of March 2021. Our original attempt to book for August 2020 was impacted by Victoria’s lockdown, which were not lifted until December 2020 after which we rebooked for March 2021. Now with SA closing its border to Victoria yet again with no end or review date announced, we face the prospect of not being able to travel or rebook in the validity period. I’m told by Katherine who I spoke to today that we have to wait to see if the border restrictions are lifted and even then we are relying on the generosity of the supplier to be willing to extend the offer. I think it it rather perverse for LE to be selling these products knowing that people’s ability to use them is severely limited and not offering any flexibility in the circumstances. We have effectively has 3 months in which to choose dates not 9. And in my mind a luxury escape doesn’t involve having to quarantine for 2 weeks on arrival or until a negative test result, irrespective of whether borders reopen before then. Surely LE can extend some compassion and common sense to those who’ve done all in their power to comply with the conditions? It feels like I’d be better off calling the hotel directly as I’d likely get more compassionate response than someone reading from a script. Failing that, I will have to seek a reverse charge from my credit card company.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Sandra, Sorry to hear that you have had this experience with LE. Could you please provide your booking number and we will look into this for you.

Sure. It’s F88J9J

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Thank you Sandra, we will reach out via email

Jan B.

Jan B.asked

We booked a trip to Canberra early in 2020 but were unable to take it due to Covid 19. Eventually the hotel booking and flights were put on hold while we waited for travel restrictions to lift.
2 weeks ago I tried to make our booking online and was unable to as the book by date had passed the day before.
I rang Luxury Escapes and spoke to a lovely consultant who said she would look into getting the restriction on us booking lifted. She said she would contact me re this but never has. I have rang back several times speaking to more really lovely consultants who have assured me they would advise the initial consultant to contact me. Still nothing. Meanwhile date options for the hotel bookings have diminished drastically.
In desperation I emailed LE via the app but received no acknowledgement or reply.
We paid over $1000 for this 2 day package with flights and I do not want to write that off. I am not asking for a refund. We would be happy with a credit. The flights are with Virgin and a credit should be available for these. However the booking ref supplied by LE is not recognised by Virgin.
LE booking ref for hotel D374Z1

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Jan, apologies for the experience you've had. We have passed on your details to our support team and we'll touch base directly via your case ID: 02058466.

John Nasked

Hi guys,
I’d like to know what the criteria is for properties listed with your brand? The reason I’m asking is that I’m currently staying at chateau Elan in the Hunter Valley, a holiday that was booked through “luxury escapes”.

Whilst the staff and amenities are ok and the surrounds beautiful, the quality of offering is well below your usual standard.

If you could shed some light on your criteria it would be appreciated.

I look forward to you reply.

Regards

John

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi John, thanks for touching base. Could you please share your booking reference so we can look into it and get in touch with you directly? Thanks, LE

O6KDRG

Marg

Margasked

My husband & I Have a LE escape booked for last March which we cancelled due to coronavirus travel restrictions. Our 12 month extension expires April 30 this year. I have called LE waited in the cue for 45 min & when i got to first in the cue i got cut off. This happened twice. I will be happy with a credit as i will rebook once travel restriction are lifted. A reply from LX will be much appreciated as I’m not having joy on the phone. Ref no 01712716

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Marg, sorry to hear you're experiencing long hold times. We will follow up with the team and someone will touch base via email case: 01712716.

Bonita H.

Bonita H.asked

Hello, I booked a trip to Bali for mid June 2021 (pick and choose date later up to June 2021). Since it is unlikely that I can travel by then but I would like to still keep the offer, can I pick "Put trip on hold" and use it sometime in 2022 as the package expires end of June 2021?

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Bonita, let us know your booking reference and we can look into this for you. Thanks, LE

Kelly P.

Kelly P.asked

My husband booked a Luxury Escapes flight/hotel deal for 6th Feb (in a week time from now) and just found that our booked flight got cancelled earlier. We have NOT received any notification/update from Luxury Escapes at all. My husband rang to check with Luxury Escapes's flight team and they advised that we need to pay $50 for cancellation fee to get the flight fee refunded. I found it super unfair that we were not even notified for the flight cancellation and my husband happened to find it out himself. What if we did not find it out until the date?? I found it really disappointing that Luxury Escapes did NOT take care of this scenario and left the responsibility aside to the customers.

Furthermore, we made a call to see if we could get the hotel deal cancelled and get full refund, and currently waiting to hear back from Luxury Escapes. We were advised that it will take 24hrs-72hrs to hear back, and it will be less than 5 days till our departure . If we need to cancel the whole trip, then we have a bunch of other services (including car rental, airport pickup and etc.)to cancel!!!! this seems to be too tight.
I used Luxury Escapes before and was satisfied with the service before, hence decided to use the deal again, but I feel like it was a wrong decision and I AM NOT HAPPY ANYMORE.

I would want to see how LE deals with this situation.

Case id: 02045705

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Kelly, thank you for reaching out, and apologies for the experience that you have had. We will follow this up for you and get an update sent to you via the case Id you have provided. Kind Regards, LE

Steph S.

Steph S.asked

I am dissappointed that luxury escapes have not offered a refund option to us given the longevity of the unknown travel restrictions across the country let alone the world for a holiday we booked for June 2020 (orginally booked in 2019)
I am happy to travel/book with Luxury escapes again but find it worrying that I have not been offered my money back when we have asked.
My family has been a long term client and have been so happy with their service on every other booking.
The next step is seek action through our credit card company and insurance and perhaps consumer protection :(
Case number 01842619

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Steph, we'll look into this further and touch base via case 01842619. Kind regards, Luxury Escapes

Brian.S

Brian.Sasked

We booked a holiday to Khao Lak for April 2020. the trip was booked in Feb 2019. Due to Covid-19 we could not travel.
LE have stated that we do not qualify for a refund and insist on giving us a Credit. We live in W.A. and given the continuing travel restrictions we are unable to travel for a like for like holiday experience.
Our next steps are to contact Consumer Protection and our Credit Card provider for a refund.
It'd be nice if LE could assist as we have used them previously.
#01733695 CaseID

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Brian, thank you for reaching out. We will follow up and get in touch via the case you have provided. Thank you, LE

Bett
Bett

Hi Brian, I also get a credit which I can use in the next 18 months for other holiday deals from LA, not a refund. I think all the travel companies have a hard time at the moment so I'm happy with that. I hope you can get something back for your trip.

drross

drrossasked

We have been contacting Luxury Escapes with no luck, they don't seem to be returning calls or emails at the moment. Very strange since they are still selling holidays. Is it possible that someone can get in touch with me regarding a refund and booking number: V7J8HB
If we don't hear from anyone in 7 days next step is to issue a chargeback with our credit provider as I'm not sure what else to do.
Will await your reply.
Thank you.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi there, we have passed on your details to our support team and someone will touch base with you soon. Thanks, LE

bally
bally

dross I would recommend the Facebook group. Lots of good tips and stories about how to get the refund you deserve from LE.

Shan Y.
Shan Y.

Hi Bally , Can you tell me which FB group please ?

Karlie H

Karlie Hasked

My girlfriends and I were booked for Thailand August 2020 however due to Covid we were unable to travel. After several attempts to contact LE via email, phone and numerous generic responses our booking dates were pushed out to August 2021. We were told by LE that we had to deal direct with the airlines regarding our flights which we did and managed to get refunds. Our Booking Number: DQSNB4 is a group booking and due to several different reasons, job loss, unable to travel next year, family concerns with O.S travel etc we have tried several times to get a refund or a phone call from someone at LE who will actually listen to our individual circumstances and assist in a fair manner. We all live in Melbourne and the refund at this time is crucial. The lack of response or consideration for our circumstances have been pretty poor from LE.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Karlie, sorry to hear that you have found your experience to be poor. We will reach out to you via case 01962673. Kind Regards, LE

Karen McGrath
Karen McGrath

We have two holidays booked and have been very patient with your advice however given the rather unfortunate Pandemic holidays are not going to be a realistic option for the next 12 months therefore I wish to receive a full refund. Booking ORYVLG and SGG6VE totalling $15,000. I am sure you will appreciate your clients are unable to wait any longer for a refund. I have many friends who booked external to your company and ALL received 100% no questions asked for their cancelled holidays.

Luxury E.Luxury Escapes

Hi Karen, we have passed on your details for further review and we will reach out via your case 02015885.

Get an answer from our members and Luxury Escapes representatives