Maytronics Dolphin S200

Maytronics Dolphin S200 Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Pete

Peteasked

I am preparing to buy a high end maytronic cleaner. The guy in the shop said it would last about 10 years. $2000, a bit on the high side, but reasonable. So i want to know how i will be treated when i need support.

Does Maytronic understand the warranty system in australia?

Consumers are covered by Statutory Warranty. https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files/Warranties%20and%20refunds%20-%20a%20guide%20for%20consumers%20and%20business.pdf

Statutory rights are consumers rights which are implied in all consumer contracts by the Act. They cannot be changed, limited or refused by a seller.It is against the law for a seller to do anything that leads consumers to believe their rights are limited, or do not apply for example, by claiming that no refunds will be given under any circumstances. Any misleading claims a business makes about a consumers statutory rights are invalid and do not affect a consumers right to obtain a remedy for a breach of a statutory condition or warranty

Why are the customers reporting they could get repairs when the item was 'just out of warranty'?

What is considered a reasonable life for a $2000 cleaner?

thanks

Peter S.
Peter S.

My dealer said a 200 would last about 6 years, they said that's true of these kind of products. Mine stopped working at about 5 months. Again, according to my dealer, a known problem. They've had it about 3 weeks now as they are rebuilding it with a newer set of insides. Not sure when I'll get it back.

Jed

Jedasked

Anyone has maytronics X40 plus?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Jed. The Dolphin X40+ is a fantastic robot. How are we able to assist? Please also do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any information.

Kim Boyd

Kim Boydasked

Where can you buy a Dolphin S200 from in Perth and what is the difference between an X30 and X40?

Good Afternoon Kim,
We recommend the following Dolphin Elite Dealer;
Name: South Perth Pool Supplies
Address: 5/129 Canning Highway, South Perth WA 6151
Phone: 08 94743588
Email: quigs1@bigpond.com

The Dolphin X30 and X40 - The X40 has the following features that are not found on the X30;
- Remote Control - My Dolphin only
- Choice of cycle times
- Caddy

Please do not hesitate to call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2.

Kind Regards
Dee

M00

M00asked

Is the Dolphin S200 the same as the Dolphin db2?

Judith W.
Judith W.

Hi, it does similar things but they are different models.

Duck
Duck

No, different.
I suggest you go onto the Dolphin web site where you can do some comparisomes by selecting the different models.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi M00. The Dolphin DB2 and the S200 are similar in shape and functionality and are distributed differently. The DB2 has a fifteen metre cable and the S200 has an eighteen metre cable. The DB2 comes with an ultra-fine filter basket and the S200 comes with both the ultra-fine filters and the net filters. Please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further information.

Shane fleming

Shane flemingasked

My cleaner picks up very few leaves. Pool was full of leaves but cleaner picked up about 6. What am I doing wrong?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Shane. Thank you for your enquiry. It is recommended to remove excess leaves from the pool prior to setting the robot on its cycle. While robotic pool cleaners are able to filter a certain amount of leaves from a pool, they are unable to filter an abundance of them. The size and type of leaf may also determine as to whether it will be able to be filtered. The net filter is also the best suited for larger debris, such a leaves. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Lee B.

Lee B.asked

Hi , I have recently purchased an x30 about 2 months ago. Is it suppose to have suction? I can’t feel any suction when I put my hand underneath when it’s on. I have a pool with a tiled coping that is flush with surrounding tiles. Fine dust easily can end up in pool after rain or wind. I’m finding the x30 can’t suck up the fine stuff. It aggitates the water then the water stays cloudy and not appealing. I want a clear clean pool. Any suggestions?

Neilo10

There should be two filters. I find the fine one does pick up the fine stuff. I also give the bottoms of the pool a brush while the Dolphin is running which seems to help with the pick up. Also regularly clean the filter.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Lee. To filter smaller particles such as dust, ensure to use the ultra-fine filter kit. These filters look like small folds. We also recommend cleaning the filter basket after each cycle to ensure that it remains clean and unclogged.
Please contact us on 1300 693 657, option 2 or at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further assistance

Mandy

Mandyasked

Just wondering what pool cleaner is appropriate for vinyl lining?

Andrew J

Andrew Jasked

Is the Dolphin s200 and the Dolphin x30 (from Poolwerx) the same product?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Andrew. The Dolphin S200 and the Dolphin X30 are the same robot with regards to build and functionality. The differences between them are where they are available for purchase and also some physical differences. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com for more information.

Pete L

Pete Lasked

Are the Maytronics Dolphin and the Pentair Prowler 920 made by the same company ?

ansir007
ansir007

Hi, they are both made by the same company, different brands and specs though.

Neilo10asked

I purchased the S220 and have no problems with the actual machine. What I do have problems with is the filters. I purchased new ones for myself for Xmas as the fibres has deteriorated . Cost me $110 for new ones. Today, only 8 months later, the filters are tearing again. I use the machine and clean out the filters at the end of every cycle. I use it about 2 to 3 times a week. Was wondering what sort of warranty there is on the filters when treated properly and carefully?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Neilo, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we can help.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives