3Maytronics Dolphin S200

Maytronics Dolphin S200 Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:99996202-AU
David M.

The packaging for my new S200 says it has a “Cleaning Cycle : 2 hours + weekly timer”
Any time how to activate the weekly timer?
There is just one button on the power supply box… which seems to be the On/off button… nothing else to make a selection.
Thanks for any advice.

Maytronics   DM

Hi David, Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Dolphin S200.

You can use the weekly timer either directly from the power supply. Please see instructions below:

Weekly timer on the power supply:

LED light 1 - the robot is set to automatically perform one complete cycle per day. It will therefore start up 7 times during the scheduled week.

LED light 2 - the robot is set to automatically perform a complete cycle once every two days. It will therefore start 4 times during the scheduled week.

LED light 3 - the robot is set to automatically perform a cycle once every three days. If none of the buttons are pressed for the first 5 seconds after powering up, the robot will cycle once and only once.

As long as the robot is running in weekly programming mode, the LED indicator will flash continuously between cycles. At the end of the week, the power supply will turn off automatically. You must then reprogram the robot.

You must leave the power supply unit switched on when using the Dolphin robot weekly timer.

The flashing light on the power supply indicates that the weekly programmer is activated on your Dolphin robot.

Although you may be away, the robot can stay in the water of your pool for a week, you will need to clean the filter at the end of the weekly cycle.

If there is anything further we can do to assist, please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

David M.

Thank you for your reply and advice…. The part that I can’t follow is where “LED Light 1” and “LED Light 2” and “LED Light 3” are, and what button/s to press to engage the timer mode… as the power supply only has one button and if I press it more than once it just switches off and on each time. Any further advice appreciated. Thank you

Maytronics   DM

Hi David, Thank you for your reply regarding your Dolphin S200.

Please kindly contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available when calling.

Many thanks David!

David M.

Hi. Is there a different number I can call (I can’t call your 1300 number from New Zealand)
My S200 power supply has just one button… which if I press it once turns to cleaner on, and if I press it more than once it turns it off. Can’t figure out how to engage the weekly timer options… if I turn it on, it runs for 2 hours and if I then leave it in the pool it doesn’t operation again - so not sure how to engage weekly timer mode to have it run daily/every 2nd or 3rd day for 7 days. It clearly says on the box it came in that it has a weekly timer. Thanks. David

Maytronics   DM

Hi David, Thank you for your enquiry. If you are located in New Zealand, you can reach out to Dolphin Pacific on 0800 365 722

Hee
Hee

I wrote a glowing review of our S100 (or maybe S200, not sure) some years ago and we are still very happy with the product.
The one minor nuisance is that the programming seems to have the robot turning right more often than it turns left so that over time the blue umbilical cable becomes tangled.
We remedy this by occasionally lifting the robot out and rotating it anticlockwise many times till the twisting is eliminated.
Is there a way to have the programming reset to overcome this problem by evening out left and right turns?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Hee, Thank you for your additional enquiry regarding your Dolphin robotic pool cleaner.

As mentioned in our other response, Cable maintenance is an important step in ensuring the life of the cable. To maintain a cable and to keep it in its most optimum condition, the following is recommended:

-Set the power supply on the deck as close to the centre of the pool as possible.
- Only put as much cable in the pool water as is needed to reach all corners of the pool, even slightly less, as the robot will take in the cable it needs.
- Ensure that the remaining cable is neatly rolled up on the deck.
- Once a week, disconnect the cable from the power supply, untangle and straighten the cable from the robot upwards and lay it on the ground (in the sun if possible), for 30 minutes prior to rolling it up.
- When rolling up the cable, ensure never roll the cable in tight circles and only in large loops.

Please feel free to reach out to our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or email us at customercareau@maytronics.com

Many thanks and enjoy the rest of your day!

Ian D

I have a DB2 dolphin cleaner that has been in the pool for 6 1/2 years. It only comes out when swimming. I am looking at buying a new one as it has stopped working and needs a lot of parts to fix it. I noticed you don't seem to produce the DB2 anymore. Is the S200 an equivalent? The DB2 was faultless considering it was in the elements for so many years.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Ian. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin DB2 is still a model of robot hat is in circulation. It is available from builders and spare parts are readily available. The Dolphin S200 is its retail equivalent, yes.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Ian D

Thanks, I will look into purchasing the S200 as the DB2 requires a lot of work and will probably cost close to the price of a new model

Vince P.
Vince P.

Hi
Doe the dolphin s200 and s300 have the same pump motor

Maytronics   DM

Hi Vince P, thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin S200. If you are referring to the Motor Units between the Dolphin S200/S300I, these are different units.
If you require any further information, please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

David B.
David B.

Will the S200 robot work with the S300i controller?

Maytronics   DM

Hi David, thank you for your enquiry. If you have the Pro Power Supply 120w 99956033-AU-15 you will be able to use this for the Dolphin S200. This will allow you to continue to use the weekly timer function.

Please kindly note: With using this power supply unit, you will not be able to use the function of the Bluetooth/WIFI/My Dolphin Plus App.

Have a great day!

Kat

Hi, my s200 kept stopping after rolling back and forth. Followed tips to clean the impeller which had hair wrapped round it etc. Put it all back together and now it won't move forward or back.. could it be something i did when putting it back together, all looks OK from what I can see.

Kat

Also no issue with power

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kat, Thank you for providing feedback on your Dolphin S200. Your Dolphin may need to be assessed by one of Maytronics trained and authorised robotic repair center's. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available.

Many thanks!

Cathy Y.
Cathy Y.

My dolphin s200 starts and goes for 2 minutes then stops

Maytronics   DM

Hi Cathy, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin S200.

Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. We will require your robot serial number and can go through troubleshooting to try and resolve the issue being experienced.

Have a great day!

Mark D

I am in Australia and have a Dolphin S200 pool cleaner. It is about 5 years old and the best pool cleaner I have ever owned. Recently, the rubber rapid drain flap has been detaching. I am having trouble re-attaching it. I am thinking of purchasing a replacement flap and attaching that. Is there any advice you can provide to properly attaching the rubber flap without damaging it? Cheers.

Jase E.
Jase E.

Hi mark I would have a chat with your local pool company or reach out to maytronics to get some advice.
Maybe attach a couple of photos so I can better see the issue

Mark D

Hi Jase. The rubber flap is held on by 6 rubber nodules that go into holes in the plastic body at the rear of the unit. The flap is not staying attached and I find it floating in the pool. It never used to do that. I will talk to my pool shop today. Thanks.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin S200. Please kindly contact our friendly customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Mark D

Will do - thanks for your timely response. Cheers.

Lachlan D.
Lachlan D.

I'm looking at purchasing a S200 but my pool has a beach style entrance. My pool is kidney shaped with a pebblecrete finish. I'm wondering if this is a suitable model for such a pool? Would it be able to sense and avoid the beach section? Thanks

Danster8

I don't think it would avoid the beach area. The S200 goes up walls then across any surface (such as a step) and I presume it would do the same for a beach section.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Lachlan. Thank you for reaching out. The Dolphin S200 is suitable for a variety of surfaces, inclusive of pebblecrete and also for differing pool shapes, such as kidney.

The Dolphin requires a minimum water depth of 400mm to ensure best performance as its impeller is fully covered by water. With regard to the beach area, the Dolphin will scan and map the pool and will generally only go as far as the water depth allows.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Murray

When the dolphin s200 goes for 10secs how should we program th control box to fix this.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Murray. Thank you for reaching out. If the power supply LED light stays on and the robot displays signs of not functioning correctly, we recommend to check for obstructions within the impeller.

The impeller (which resembles a fan on the top of the unit), may be tangled with leaves, hair, and other debris. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed.

Please visit us at external link for a video as to how to check for obstructions within the impeller.

Should the above troubleshooting not resolve the problem assessment is recommended. Please visit us at external link to locate your closest service agent.

Murray

Fabulous. Have done that and is working again. It had some debris in the impeller.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Murray. We are so glad to hear that the robot is back up and running!

Have a great day.

Mitch
Mitch

How important have people found having the active brush? Is it necessary?
Does the dolphin have a pva brush option?
What is the suction power and filter volume specs/difference between the S100 and S200?

Danster8

Mitch, what do you mean by the active brush? If you mean the large PVC brush I don't think it is detachable so I guess yes, it's necessary. When it climbs the wall and its sitting at the water level mark the brush is spinning, not only to scrub the waterline where marks & debris can possibly gather but also possibly to assist in keeping the thing up there.
The S100 vs S200 I can't answer in fact I wasn't even aware of a S100 model. But I did find their support line very helpful so I suggest giving them a ring.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mitch, thank you for your enquiry regarding the Dolphin S200. The Dolphin S200 is equipped with the All terrain PVC with active scrubbing brush.

Please kindly contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2. We can run through the differences of t he Dolphin S100/S200 with you.

Di W.
Di W.

I have the same problem as many others where my dolphin S200 gets stuck on the steps and then shuts down is there any way to stop it going on the steps

Maytronics   DM

Hello Di. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, when a Dolphin gets stuck on a step, it is due to the water depth in this area. The Dolphin S200 requires a minimum depth of 400mm to function at its best as this ensures that its impeller is completely immersed in water. Should the water depth be below this minimum depth, the Dolphin will shut down.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further assistance.

GMaria W.
GMaria W.

Any good Dolphin go up the side stairs. Please! Waiting for a reply

Maytronics   DM

Hi GMaria W. Thank you for your enquiry. Our Dolphin robots are not programmed to clean steps, benches, and tanning ledges.

Our robots need a minimum depth of 31-41 inches to function properly, if the water level covering the robot is less than this, the Dolphin will shut down as a failsafe.

The Dolphin will only be able to clean the stairs if it has room to stand on them entirely and if the water level is deep enough. We recommend brushing dirt on the stairs onto the bottom of the pool, for the robot to be able to clean the debris.

If you would like to discuss which robot might be best for you. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. If you are located outside of Australia, please advise of your location and we will put you in contact with the appropriate department to assist.

Kim C.
Kim C.

When I lift the unit out of the pool all the dirt & silt spills back into the water. How do I keep this from happening?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Kim, Thank you for reaching out to us.
When you remove your Dolphin from the water, gently guide it towards you using the cable. Once you manage to reach it, grab it by the handle, never lift the robot out of the water by the cable. Tilt the robot and place it on the edge of the pool and let the water drain.
If dirty water or debris are still escaping back to the water, we recommend that you check the following:
* Remove the filter basket; check the four springs in the bottom of the unit. Make sure there is no debris clogging the springs and that they move freely.
* Check the intake opening on the bottom side of the cleaner and remove any obstructions.
* Check that the rapid drain flap is in place. (The flap is a black rubber part located behind the rear wheels and is visible by turning the unit upside down).
Kim please give us a call on 1300 693 657 option 2 if we can assist you any further.

Enjoy your day!

Stacey L
Stacey L

Our dolphin s200 will sometimes get stuck while climbing stairs and then “stop working” the control pad stays on but the dolphin stops. It doesn’t happen with every use, but every so often it will do this. Is this normal? Should I have it repaired? We have had in less than one year.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Stacey, Thank you for reaching out to us in relation to the issue you are experiencing with your robot.
If we can assist you any further please call us on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Rosita
Rosita

How do you remove a broken lid latch on a 200 dolphin robot and how do you install a new one.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Rosita. Unfortunately it is not an easy thing to remove the latch and to replace it. Please give us a call on 1300 693 657 option2 so we can assist you with the details of a Robotic Repair Centre where you can go to have the latch fixed.

Sheila W.
Sheila W.

Does the dolphin s200 have a internal time it shutdowns power off and than starts again? It seems it shuts off after running at night

Maytronics   DM

Hello Shiela, Thank you for reaching out to us in relation to your S200. In relation to your enquiry please refer to the below:
How do I set the weekly timer for my Dolphin robotic pool cleaner?

You can use the weekly timer either directly from the power supply or on the application, depending on the model of your Dolphin.

Weekly timer on the power supply:

If you want to know more, we advise you to refer to the user manual of your Dolphin, you will need to indicate the model of your robot. Alternatively please give us a call on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Enjoy your day!

kent roussel
kent roussel

my dolphin S200 run for about 5min then it stops, i can take it out for a bit and it will do it again. i was thinking maybe the cable is bad by the connection. i put in new rubber seal etc. but still doing the same.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Kent. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your S200 Robot. An early stop of the robot may be caused by a warning from the motor safety sensors. In this case we advise you to check that there are no obstructions in the drive system or in the impeller. Make sure the power supply is unplugged from the outlet. Use a Phillips-head screwdriver, do not use a power drill. If you notice debris trapped in the impeller, open the impeller, remove the debris, and reassemble.
If your robot model has our Power Stream mobility system, please check the clear plastic cover around the motor unit and the grilles on the sides of your model for visible debris there as well. We would advise you to check that your power supply unit also remains switched on when your robot stops. If your power supply unit is also turning off, we recommend you check there is no issue with your power supply.
Should you require any additional assistance please contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2.
We thank you for choosing to purchase a Maytronics Dolphin Robot.

Amber D.
Amber D.

What are the main differences between the e10 and s200 pool cleaners?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Amber - Thank you for your interest in our products. Please note the following differences between the E10 and S200:
E10 S200
Ideal Pool length up to 8m up to 15m
Cleaning Coverage Pool floor only Floor, walls and waterline
Power Supply features On/Off power supply On/Off power supply with weekly timer
Filtration Top load easy clean net canister Top load multi layer basket fine & coarse
Cable length 12m 18m with swivel
Robot weight 6.5kg 7.5kg
If we can assist you any further please let us know or give a call on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Brian
Brian

Why are there 2 types of filters provided and are they supposed to be utilized together or separately? Do you have to remove one filter to put in the other?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Brian, thank you for reaching out. The Fine filters (screen mesh) collect large debris (such as leaves, grass, twigs).
The Ultra-Fine filters (pleated, corrugated) collect small debris (such as dirt, sand, dust).

Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Many thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives