My Moovers Questions & Answers

4.1 from 1,918 reviews

22 questions from our users

Mark W.

Mark W.asked

hi guys. im scheduled to move with you guys on 1/11/19 and was wondering what the best price you could gie me on 3 or 4 port a robes and half a dozen tea chest boxes

thanks

mark

Hayley

Hayleyasked

Can anybody else tell that the 5 star reviews are a bit of a joke. Who remembers and is able to accurately spell the movers names. It's in every review, almost appear written by the company themselves.

Hayley the five star reviews are all fake. Go to the facebook page called "my moovers buyer beware" it's part of their scam.

Heath W.
Heath W.

They wrote a false review under my partners name without consent. All made up lies. I still have screenshots of their response. We don't appreciate being involved in their scamming lies.

Peter Alderson

Hello Heath, can you please email me at: peter.alderson@justice.vic.gov.au as I am investigating My Moovers and would very much like to know the details of the review and see the evidence of the screenshots.

Annasked

Just wanted to let everyone know that You won’t get a response. They don’t front up to court either. We only just got success through vcat two years later. They are dodgy as. I dont even think they have proper bookkeeping. If you have a complaint, go to VCAT and get a warrant. The correct address for execution of the warrant is 270 Church St Richmond - all the other addresses they have against the business and owner are fake

Yes Ann, their scam is obvious to many.

Peter Alderson

Hello Ann, could you please contact me at peter.alderson@justice.vic.gov.au as I would like to hear your story related to My Moovers and obtain a copy of the VCAT order please as this will assist my investigation.

Vivienne Coxasked

All I want is an official receipt for money paid, told I would get an email. All efforts to speak to some-one results in "He is out of the office" . It is urgent I get a receipt so I can be reimburse for my out of pocket costs in relocating for work.

Ann

You will never get a receipt from them. They are dodgy as. I dont even think they have proper bookkeeping. If you have a complaint, go to VCAT and get a warrant. The correct address for execution of the warrant is 270 Church St Richmond - all the other addresses they have against the business and owner are fake

Peter Alderson

Hello Vivienne, can you please contact me at peter.alderson@justice.vic.gov.au as I am investigating My Moovers conduct. I would like to hear your story.

Vivienne Coxasked

How do I get an answer to my question please.

The only answer you will get if any from My moovers will be excessive lies. Facebook page- "my moovers-buyer beware"

Vivienne Cox

Do you know how I can contact them and if not where do I go to report them

fullaura4
fullaura4

They won’t answer you as their scum and thieves don’t use them.

Jennifer Cooperasked

I have had a bad experience with Mymovers.
I have been phoning this company since last Wednesday and this morning sent an email requesting for follow up have not been actioned yet. I called customer service last Friday and was only given the name Joe and an email address regarding my complaint.

Last week I moved to a new property with MyMoovers.

There was damage at the property I left and the new property I moved into with Mymoovers. I am not getting any response at all.

When can I expect a response?

Marco
Marco

I used them on Saturday, they only scratched one part of my bed which I wasn’t too fussed about because you won’t see it..
sorry to hear you had a bad experience

Jennifer Cooper

Unfortunately mine is property damage, very disappointing.

You will get a false apology. They don't follow through with complaints and owe people thousands in damages. They refuse to show up for vcat hearings and have no insurance. They post fake apologies in public view to appear concerned.

Rohan J.asked

Do you operate in Adelaide?

Hi Rohan
we do operate in Adeladie. Please Let Us Know if require any help.

Rohan J.

Thanks just spoke to Jenny and she’s sending a quote

Paul

DO NOT USE! Criminals!!!!!! Not worth the hassle, still trying to claim money back fro damages from november 2019 - read and trust the reviews, the negative reviews are not fakes

Rohan J.asked

Do you operate in Adelaide?

Ann

Do not use these guys. So many cases against them in court. No insurance and false addresses

Melody W.

Melody W.asked

Has anyone had any success with getting their money back through VCAT? We were also cheated by this fraudulent “company” in January 2019.

My Moovers M.My Moovers

Hi Melody we are sorry for you to experiance can you please send me some information about your job like job id . so i can investigate it Further and solve it .
Regards

Melody, do not answer to these frauds. Information in regards to this company has been forwarded to another interested party and not just in relation to damages and theft but another matter.

L representationasked

My Movers. Do you actually realize what you've done to myself and other customers that relied on your service? Your company has caused nothing but grief affecting many people at a high cost of damage. I have not received the decency of reimbursement. Imagine if it were your property, possessions damaged and stolen? How about spending the time paying back customers for damage instead of false responses on a review page which are not being resolved. Your management team does not exist. You are running your business from a private residence with no insurance. Your neglect towards your customers is nothing but a disgraceful dishonest act.

Charles
Charles

I believe that some staff in My Moovers are legit and they provide a good service. They may have been burned in the past and hence they are just running a company from a residence and have outsourced the quotation to a team of contractors who work from home. They have most likely moved from one operations to another and we know who the directors of the company are & their drivers and can seize their personal property via a "writ for the levy of property". In the end they cant run all the time and the law will catch up with them and its sad that we have to waste our times. We recommend that My Moovers simply contact everyone and settle via an agreeable and managable settlement which can be agreed on without the sherifs coming to your property, demanding property to be seized.

L representation

Charles, after all that I've witnessed I'd find it very surprising if you will get a genuine response from MyMoovers or the decency of a response at all. It's in their best interests to resolve these issues. I have contacted the A.T.O. giving detailed information of what's been happening. They will definitely be investigated. The A.T.O. has also been informed about the review pages.

L representation

Previously known as "Melbourne quick removals". They are still using the same mobile number. This fraudulent company has been doing this for years. My goodness, you people should be locked up.

Matthewasked

I don't understand how your company is still in business! I was charged twice when moving house over a month ago and despite reaching out to them multiple times via both email and phone, a refund has not been provided. I've been lied too, misled, hung up on, ignored and told that "it's not a problem"!

Avoid this company like the plaugue. They are dishonest, unreliable (literally hours late to the job) and do not care about the customer. There is no reason why this refund shouldn't have been processed when first brought to their attention. Horrible horrible company.

So, my question...Can I please have my money back?

L representation

They aren't responding to me either for damages caused. Unprofessional is an understatement.

Matthew

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in getting involved in a class action or anything like that as I think it's just not worth the time for me. If you read through other reviews and questions here, you'll see that others have taken them to court before, gotten judgements against this company and haven't been able to collect on that judgement. I have contacted the ACCC and provided details on how My Moovers has stuffed me around and will leave further action up to them. Thanks and good luck getting a resolution.

Matthew

Also, just highlighting this for anyone who is thinking about using this company... many of the above reviews are fake. They follow a similar format (name + name were so professional! Bla bla bla) but the reality is very different. Make sure you go through and read all of the one-star reviews to get a proper idea of how scummy this company is. One customer even noted in their review that the removalist left a positive review regarding there job RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM! Unbelieveable.

Leesh

Leeshasked

After a terrible experience but 100$$$ damage, I would like my move investigated before I take further action.

I moved Friday 22nd March 2019 from Kensington to Coburg North. Under Aleesha Clifford.

Paul

Try blocking your number to call them, it helps to get through but nothing is ever resolved

Chander N.
Chander N.

They are doing the same to us. Our TV has been broken in the move and they are giving us the absolute run around. After reading reviews here, I am sure that this is part of their business. I am surprised how they are still in business... shocking.

Hi Chander N,

We do not have any details of your job on the system. You can reach out to complaints@mymoovers.com.au with the job details and images of damage ,the concerened manager will investigate that matter

MY Moovers

Casey G.

Casey G.asked

If I book you in for a certain date and cancel, Is there a cancellation fee?

Hi Casey,
We ask that you give us at least 72 hours notice of any cancellation or change to your appointment or a cancellation fee of $50 will apply.

Please do let us know if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards

Matthew

Casey, don't book this company, they are not trustworthy. I was charged twice and despite following up with them multiple times, no refund has been provided.

L representation

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Do not pay them a cent. No refund has been issued for damages to me either. Cancellation fee they say.. What a joke!!!

taz

tazasked

Sistine we'll definitely stand by you we've had a horrendous experience with them

George S.

hey please take a minute to read and sign this ASAP. Collectively we can all bring this fraudulent company to account

P Perera

P Pereraasked

I used their service on 1st November. They over charged me. Their service was very slow and they came late. They forced me to put a good review of them and told me what to write on the review. Very unprofessional. Asked for an explanation of what they have charged and they never replied me. Anyone knows where to complain?

Dustine
Dustine

Would everyone like to work together in solving this issue?

shaggy
shaggy

Have you noticed that all the good reviews all include their hard to spell names. Very suss as the real reviews by customers rarely mention their names. As for my case no badges and I wouldn't have a clue who the guys were. It's well known they fake review. Easy to do, they can make up a receipt. They are awful people taking advantage of people. Worse is they don't handle complaints just never return calls. Look at all the bad reviews that's what will happen if you use them.

not happy
not happy

so many fake reviews, they all start with 'name' and 'name' did a great job or whatever. they couldn't even do that properly so i can see why they do their job so poorly

Unhappy moverasked

My moovers moved my property. Apart from damaging items and going missing in transit for an hour ( which time I paid for !!) overcharging and not giving me an invoice as agreed -they overcharged me and also stole various items from the moving truck. How did you get in contact with them - they appear to have blocked my number
their unprofessionalism is already bad enough but to have items stolen is just mind blowing.

Hayden
Hayden

Nothing you can do, just stay away from them.

Unhappy mover

That is a really odd response
Why do you say this ?

Rose
Rose

This is identical to my story. I successfully sued them at VCAT. They refused to acknowledge the order to pay so I had the Sheriff go and see them.
I was abused my the manager and the owner. They’re dodgy and illegal.
Their staff are on student visas that don’t study, they are paid cash and the truck is unregistered.
I would like to see this company shut down for good.

Vini

Viniasked

Has anyone been successful against them with Vcat?

Courtney G
Courtney G

Wow, if I had of known people were wanting to takw them to vcat I would have never used them! I don't know how their "business" is actually legally running in all honesty? They are terrible.

Ann

Yes. We have successfully obtained an order through vcat to pay for damages to our furniture. The court was very unimpressed as the company did not show up to court and even returned their summons. They have not paid as yet so we are about to lodge with the magistrates court. They will get a visit from the bailiff shortly. Very dodgy company and they think they are above the law. I would encourage anyone to take this through vcat. They need to be held to account

Terri
Terri

I have obtained an order through the Magistrates Court, they have not attended any summons. I have now ordered an SOE, and if no attendance at court, there will be a warrant put out for their arrest. They need to be held responsible.

Rea B

Rea Basked

I’ve read some negative feedback from last year which makes me nervous, how are they now?

Sanchit Bhatia
Sanchit Bhatia

Hi.

I used them.

Service was good, couldn’t fault them.

Ann

Terrible. Still waiting on a resolution from three months ago for damaging property. I know of three others in additions to myself that have legal action pending against this company.

Mez
Mez

Stay clear of them .... I would not recommend they to anyone

Allexx

Allexxasked

Are they worth it?

Suse

Definitely not! They dramatically under quote, they are ill equipped and not professional. The boxes they provided were too large and of poor quality for the purpose, they did not follow through and complete the job and did not even answer their phone reliably. Not professional at all!!

Harman190
Harman190

Agreed..they are liars, incompetent

My Moovers M.My Moovers

Harman190, we do not have any record of your move. could you please kindly provide us with the date of your move and also the suburbs you moved to and from.

We can then definitely help you out with a solution.

Kind Regards
My MOovers

Jay omerta

Jay omertaasked

I'm moving in June and this company offered a good price with all assurances they are careful, I the reviews I've read that were posted in may has got me worried. Can Anyone recommend a company? Doubtful ATM

Isaac
Isaac

They are very dodgy. Damage to gates, huge struggle to get fixed / compensated. Their registered address is 75 Tram rd, Doncaster which is a block of flats with no way to know which one they are in, When I started to phone them they disconnected 2 mobile phones they used before so I can't get hold of them, Did not answer their 1300 number and no way to leave a message. Paid a deposit and also did not get this back, up to you if you want to use them.....

Suse

I would consider someone else! They underwuoted, came with a truck that did not have a hydrolic tailgate so could not easily get heavy items into the truck, claimed that had not been told about what they were expected to move despite me going through this in great detail, left a third of the stuff behind and would not finish the job telling me to contact their bosss the next day. Another truck was supposed to come the next day to finish off but did not and theywould not answer their phone to discuss this. The boxes they supplied were also hopeless, too big and too light weight to hold anything and they did not supply the tape they promised!!

Sueanne
Sueanne

I think you are aware there are many of us now that have had experiences with My Moovers that have been poor to say the least and would recommend paying that extra amount for a reputable company like Kents, Grace or any that have the accreditation and confidence from reviewers. Sadly, these days it is less likely with the cheapest quotes anyone is going to have an incident free move. Good luck and I hope you find a great mover and a price that suits. If you do find one and your experience is great, please let us know, cause we are all in the same predicament.
All the best with your moving day and hope it's hassle free.
Regards, Sue-anne.