Nectr

Nectr Questions & Answers

Verifiednectr.com.au
MumOf1
MumOf1

Are Nectr negotiable on either their Feed-in Tarriff rates or price of solar system?
Are they offering any discount bonuses if we opt to instal with them?

Current Nectr customer, however seriously considering switching to Origin and buying a solar bundle from them- similar price- but 20c FiT (or 12c if system installed by another supplier which is $2,200 cheaper than Nectr quote for the EXACT brand and size Solar equipment). Huge difference to Nectr’s 3.85c FIT.

Are Nectr negotiable as as are really to instal, but will go with the best price retailer.

BERND
BERND

We only changed to nectr this year, coming from a qld supplier. We had solar for over 10 years and getting 44 cents per kw/h plus the nectr extra 4 cents.
Dont be fooled by anyone about a solar system at what ever price. By all means pick a cheap supplier, but make sure the installer has done at least 500 installs and has a flawless reputation. No idea if nectr is negotiable on anything. Just pick your solar and then look for a supplier that will give you the fit you want. Remember, the one that gives you the bill is not usually the one that produces the energy. And loyalty is a thing of the past

Toliman
Toliman

The Origin Solar Boost Plus 2yr contract is a good deal if you can afford the 24 month contracted repayment. It works a little bit like a mobile phone repayment plan, and you get a good FIT.

However, pricing can increase despite assurances, I was just on the plan for 2 years, with a 5 year repayment (available in 2020/21) and Tariffs went from 27c to 31c to 38c. FIT should stay the same for the period, despite this. I was also lucky to sign up with 22c/kWh FIT, but you might get lower rates as it's not guaranteed, and that rate offer stayed despite changing after the installation had begun.

Origin doesn't install the system, they contract a local company to perform the work and send the bill to Origin once complete. If you have additions or need to change the panel/inverter, the local installers will contact you if changes need to be made, which then goes back to the Origin Solar team, who are generally fine with changes. I also added consumption so I could get better bill prediction and compare rates more easily, also look at how much energy the dishwasher/AC/HWS uses. Which is invaluable when it's a cloudy day.

As for Nectr rates being lower, they're a smaller company at the mercy of the DNSP, where Origin can 'afford' to keep you locked in. Both will probably pass on Tariff changes that exceed their operating margins. The low FIT isn't great, but there's also looming grid problems that haven't been solved to lower prices and increase FIT. Expect new choices that seem better, but may cost more for 2024 to 2030 if you have solar. You could also try OVO for regular capped/estimated pricing if it's available, YMMV.

Allen
Allen

I am considering Nectr, currently with Origin.
Find the electricity market is full of crooks and gougers.
Have 1.5 kw solar roof system with 44c Govt rebate and 5c/kwh.
Also get age Govt. rebate ~$100/quarter.
Does anyone have a similar set up and how does Nectr accounts billings comply i.e. are Nectr accounts fair and all payments accurate? No hidden fees/charges etc.?
Note payments are monthly, so expect meter read every 3rd month other two readings are estimates?
E.A.Atkinson

Michelle
Michelle

Our solar installer bundled with Nectr (with great rates), so we switched to solar and Nectr in one move from Energy Australia - 6.5kw. Nectr installed a smart meter connected to the nbn, which made a huge difference as our billing is now split between peak, off peak and shoulder rates rather than the one flat rate.
They don't physically read the meters, the smart meter does it all sending data back every 15-30 minutes. Very happy we made the switch.
See https://www.energy.nsw.gov.au/households/guides-and-helpful-advice/being-more-energy-efficient/measuring-your-usage/using-smart

lynda h.

Why do i have a bill thats normally 3mths supply for mth thats ridiculous ur suppose to be cheaper and ur dearer

Ann

My current energy provider is Origin energy and now I want to move to another energy provider. One comparison site suggested me Nectr, but I had never heard it before. Can I trust this Energy provider? is it a good decision to select them over origin energy?

Everyday consumer
Everyday consumer

They seem to be reasonable and legitimate. Actually, I switched to them for a month, but then switched back because I didn't like their marketing strategy. But, for supplying services they do seem quite reliable. Just a personal choice. I'm with Alinta for past few years.

oh Thanks, Everyday consumer. I'll think more regarding this

lynda h.

Dont do it they cheap at first then they get ridiculously high had a bill which we normally pay for 3 mths in a mths supply of electricity thats just insane and get no explanation as to why just get told thats the reading we got my energex or whoever reads the meters what a load of crap our bill has never been that high

Mika
Mika

It's true. My bills have all doubled and everything is based on an estimated reading.

Thanks everyone !!

Nena
Nena

I just had the same experience
Prices went up significantly by approximately 25% for new plan
I have done a compare the market and won’t be staying with them

Get an answer from our members and Nectr representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now