18Nissan Pathfinder

Nissan Pathfinder Questions & Answers

Kimberley G.
Kimberley G. · R52 ST 2WD (2013-2021)

2015 Nissan pathfinder ST. Wondering am I able to replace current touch screen for something better?

mar
mar · R52 ST-L 4WD (2013-2021)

Is good for beach driving?

Bob H.
Bob H. · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

07 Pathfinder with diesel fuel issues

How do I know if it’s the filter or the pump

Shannon A.
Shannon A.

Suction control valves are known for giving the yd25 engines issues with fuel

Bob H.
Bob H. · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

I have an 07 Pathfinder with fuel issues

How do I know if it’s the fuel pump or a fuel filter

Jan Hawkins
Jan Hawkins · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

what gear do you tow a 2.5 tonne caravan with the 2008 Nissan Pathfinder STR51 (4.5L manual)

Alfred Z.
Alfred Z. · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

please i have a pathfinder2006 r51 diesel engine. i have difficulty in starting, i have to crank for about three times before it starts. i have changed the starter, yet the same problem

Peter WA

So many things this could be. Mine is the V6 tdi never an issue, yours would be the 4cyl diesel. You will need to have it checked to confirm the issue.

Could be any of fuel issues (stale/water contam/algal growth in the fuel system, fuel pump and/or injectors, up to valve snd compression issues.

Without getting it checked it is a long road to find the problem.

Badar K.
Badar K. · Pathfinder R52 (2013-2021)

Does 2015/2016 Nissan Pathfinder Ti 4WD have AC plug in Australia?

Doreen dG
Doreen dG · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

Would a 2006 water pump fit on a 2008 pathfinder

Peter WA

Depends on the engine type, must match. 2006 - 2008 I believe were 2.5Ltr 4cyl diesel or 4ltr petrol. However you need to confirm and match the enigine types.

Mine is the R51 2011, 3.0Ltr turbo diesel

Megan A.
Megan A. · R52 ST 2WD (2013-2021)

2015 pathfinder ST. Can't turn parking sensor on. I turn it on but it is still coming up with parking sensor off.

Melissa A.
Melissa A. · Pathfinder WX (1996-2004)

Hey! My car says that it is gas/ULP and I'm wondering what i am meant to do to use the gas function. We cant find an alternative place to put gas in. There is a small box under the bonet that says its for the gas function but we really have no idea.

There is also a box for a fridge? We think this may be after market but we cant find how you actually use the function. I know this ones a long shot but just thought I would ask.

Any info would be great! Thanks.

Peter WA

Hi sorry we only have a diesel. No idea about the gas conversion. Best way is to go to a nissan service centre or mechanic to ask.

toppix45
toppix45 · Pathfinder

Rear seat behind driver won’t go down. Any ideas

Moonmag
Moonmag

Mine works unless you're is broken in which case you have to go back to the Nissan dealer.

Peter WA

Not sure mate, we have never had an issue raising or lowering seats. Ours mainly remain down for travel as with the seats down the entire area is flat and usable space, unlike the Prado etc.

Bob Cole
Bob Cole · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

I have a 2010 R51 ST-L Pathfinder, Auto, 2.5lt diesel, 147000km which I have owned from new, with ALL servicing carried out as dictated by Nissan. The vehicle has developed a vibration/harmonic noise from under the dash board, when engine is under load at about 1900 - 1950rpm ,especially when towing the caravan ,in 4/5th gear .After diagnosis by Nissan and further checks by local electrical/mechanical engineers, I have been told that the insulation inside the Aircon/heater box under the dash board has broken down, causing the noise. estimates to fix this is range from $1500 - $2000. Apparently the whole dash has to come out to fix by replacing the box/components. does anyone have advice on this one? Hopeful Bob.

Spencer D.
Spencer D. · Pathfinder

Got a pathfinder 2.5 08 diesel take about 20 minutes granking it before it just about starts no warning lights showing and nothing showing on the diagnostics iv put diesel filter on. Done a full service noticed oil in turbo an pipes so I changed oil cooler. But still struggling to start an is rough. ANy ideas?

Foxie
Foxie · Pathfinder

Hi guys we found a pathfinder 2015 with about 85k. Excellent conditions, good price. It’s the base model st 2wd. After reading the reviews we are very scared to put in an offer. Can I hear more 2015 pathfinders owners? Thanks

Ronald M.
Ronald M. · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

I recently changed suspension parts of my Pathfinder 2011 (at the back), but now it is swerving sideways when am cruising. What's the possible cause?

Andy L.
Andy L.

You will need to have a wheel alignment done to the rear wheels.

glenmchenry
glenmchenry · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

Hi, just bought a 2005 Pathfinder R51 petrol, lovely car. One fault, the rear drivers door won't unlock remotely by the key or the central locking button on the dash. All other doors do. When I open the rear door from the inside it releases and works normally. Locks with the remote key but then won't open again. Anyone had this problem? Bit tricky for me, thanks

JamesW
JamesW · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

Hi My 2006 Nissan Pathfinder has developed an issue with the central locking
When I exit the vehicle after driving the doors won’t lock I get the the beep that a door is still open even tho all doors are shut
However if I enter the vehicle close all doors then lock the doors with lock button in center console all doors lock I then exit the vehicle all locks work fine fine

Sean Cain
Sean Cain · Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

Hi Guys
I have an issue with front passenger door can’t open it from the inside I can from the outside though Any ideas please?
Regards
Sean

mike
mike

not sure if there is a child lock for the front? If it is a back seat, i would check the child lock.

ross1970
ross1970 · Pathfinder

do 2008 the ST-LR51 2.5ltr diesel turbo intercooled pathfinders have a lot of problems with there timing belts, Im looking at buying one and have heard this is a bit of a problem ??

Craig S.
Craig S. · Pathfinder

Just bought a 2008 TI and it has the old 6 stacker CD system in the dash. Has anyone managed to put a new r52 head unit in their older Pathfinder or could recommend an off market unit ?

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives

Select a listing for your question
Nissan Pathfinder