Nissan Pathfinder

92 questions from our users

ross1970

ross1970asked

Pathfinder

do 2008 the ST-LR51 2.5ltr diesel turbo intercooled pathfinders have a lot of problems with there timing belts, Im looking at buying one and have heard this is a bit of a problem ??

Craig S.

Craig S.asked

Pathfinder

Just bought a 2008 TI and it has the old 6 stacker CD system in the dash. Has anyone managed to put a new r52 head unit in their older Pathfinder or could recommend an off market unit ?

Craig S.

Craig S.asked

Pathfinder

Just bought a 2008 TI but has the old 6 stacker in it. Has anybody tried to put a r52 sat nav head unit in the r51?

Grant F.

Grant F.asked

Pathfinder

I have a 2017 R52 Pathfinder. Can I put on an after market sports exhaust system and not effect the engine.

Grant F.

Grant F.asked

Pathfinder

Hey guys I have a 2017 Pathfinder STL. Am wondering if I can change to an aftermarket sports exhaust and not effect the integrity of the cars mechanics

ummea r.

ummea r.asked

Pathfinder R52 ST (2013-2020)

I need a right mirror. Is it heated or non heated?

Carol

Carolasked

Pathfinder R52 (2013-2020)

Does the 2013 model have Bluetooth?

Gavin B.

Gavin B.asked

Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

Looking at purchasing a 2006 petrol Pathfinder. Is there any dramas with the petrol motor? And any other problems I should know about.

dishpan hands

Sorry, can’t answer your question as my pathfinder is not that old and mine is a hybrid. My car is nearly 5 years old and the only problem I have had was when we returned from holidays and my battery was flat, that affected the electronics a bit but it was still drivable and Nissan reset the problem free of charge.

David

Davidasked

Pathfinder R52 (2013-2020)

What are the best tyres for Nissan Pathfinder 2014?

Toni O.

Toni O.asked

Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

hi anyone had a problem of water gushing out the over flow?? replaced radiator, rad caps and thermostat.. its not really over heating any more but still water gushing out.. thought it was over flow from over filling but had it running for a while and no difference.. could it be water pump?

Goodie

Yep. Nearly always a cracked head. You can get the coolant tested in your radiator for exhaust gases, they overpressurise the exhaust system. Heaps of stuff on the net about it, especially under D40 Navara or YD25

Kelly B.

Kelly B.asked

Pathfinder WX (1996-2004)

Hi, would anyone no if the1996 3.2 diesel version Terrano is ok in soft sand? I've owned a 1991 terrano 2.7 turbo diesel a few years ago but it was ''super sketchy'' in soft sand unlike my Toyota's ive owned which are super safe. None of this deflating of the tyres buzz! Looking at buying the 3.2 96 Terrano. Cheers for some feedback on 4wd in soft sand. I no they're solid on other terrain. Cheers

crob1822asked

Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

So my 2008, for some reason its a little bipolar with motor temperature. It randomly likes to get hot and dump antifreeze out the top of the overflow res. Replaced thermostat, new caps on the radiator and overflow res, flushed system. Anyone encounter this issue?

Goodie

Yes. Unfortunately it's the symptoms of a cracked head, they are famous for it.
You can get your fluid sampled in your rad to confirm. A head is about $1300 plus labpr if that's your only issue but they can crack cylinders too.
You could try a liquid head repair then drain aftet a month and replace with evans waterless coolant to reduce system pressure then drive it til it goes bang. Search d40 yd25 issues.

crob1822

Thanks for the info, I actually had the head replaced the first time I had this issue. I couldn’t imagine that would be the cause again right? Had the liquids tested and they’re good. I’m at a loss at this point unless there might be something else?

Arun krish

Arun krishasked

Pathfinder R52 ST-L (2013-2020)

Can anyone please recommend tyres for 2014 Nissan Pathfinder R52 4WD ST-L

Melsy

Melsyasked

Pathfinder

can i open my rear window?? its a 2018 pathfinder. someone mentioned using the wiper to open it im not sure how.

dishpan hands

I do not have a 2018 pathfinder, I have an earlier model. To my knowledge I cannot open the rear window, when I need to access the boot I open the rear (boot) door.

Karen Joyce

Karen Joyceasked

Pathfinder R51 (2005-2012)

Does anyone know if the door lock actuators on the rear doors are interchangable? My passenger side rear actuator is broken but having trouble finding one under $450 but can find a drivers side rear one. Anyone know if this will work on the passenger side please?

Jon E.

Jon E.asked

Pathfinder

I have a 2006 4.0ltr Nissan pathfinder and my engine keeps cutting out what could it be

millie017

millie017asked

Pathfinder WX (1996-2004)

For my first car, one to last me though my P's getting to and form events all the time, I'm looking at a 1996 nissan pathfinder, but it is a used car with 440,000km on it, unleaded and gas, it feels smooth and is in good condition for an old car, but is it still worth looking at despite its km?

Kye D.

Kye D.asked

Pathfinder

Worth buying a 2008 pathfinder with 150,000km?

Maryasked

Pathfinder

Does anyone else have problems with the reversing camera not switching off when in drive mode (i.e. not reversing)? Ours periodically stays on so as you’re driving along, the camera is on and shows everything whizzing past behind you.

Linda

No but that would drive you crazy. Good luck

Mary

LOL! But it’s also distracting and dangerous because I have to stop, put the car in park, then back to drive to stop the camera working!

D Weckert
D Weckert

Yes this is happening to ours . It’s really dangerous to have this on the dash putting my children at risk when this happens

Mark J.

Mark J.asked

Pathfinder

Have there been any major mechanical concerns with the Nissan pathfinder 2015 ST (4×4) R 52 . Looking at buying 2nd hand

Linda

No not at all. Just really disappointed in the navigation and.bluetootb capability