Nissan X-Trail

Nissan X-Trail Questions & Answers

T31, T30, T32.I, T32.II (See All)
Listing monitored by Nissan

365 questions from our users

Robert S.
Robert S.asked
T31 (2008-2013)

Losing power in reverse gear on steep hills

Frillsy
Frillsyasked
T30 (2001-2007)

I am looking at a 2006 manual model with 270kms on the clock. Will this baby keep on running without any major issues? Has been regularly serviced and has recently had wheel bearing and front brakes replaced. Thanks In advance

John Z.
John Z.asked
T31 (2008-2013)

I have a 2010 xtrail there is no lights lighting up on auto I took the top off here’s no harness with a globe is there another problem or dosnt it come with a globe

Allan
Allanasked
T31 (2008-2013)

Was there a problem with the air bag fault light flashing and remaining on , ie indicating stering wheel air bag fault ?? 2010 Nissan Xtrail ST 4x4 T31 MY10

craig h
craig hasked
T30 (2001-2007)

does 2005 xtail st allmode have timing chain or belt and how many km before replacing

danny

Changed the battery on 2016 ST and now cannot set digital speed option

Warwick F.
Warwick F.asked
T31 (2008-2013)

I have a 2008 Nissan X-trail T31. It has CVT transmission with the 'Manual' change option. Lately, when shifting to manual mode it does not change, but continues in the CVT mode (Auto). The dash does not indicate it's in the manual mode either. Any Ideas?

Thomas B.
Thomas B.asked
T31 (2008-2013)

Hi , i have a 2008 T31 auto and in low gear and low speed I get a shudder not sure if it’s in engine or maybe transmission.? Or could it be something that needs a clean out .? Cheers for any advice

Ryan
Ryan

It’s usually the engine mount on my Xtrails I’ve had.

Anthony W.

Engine mounts sounds right to me, I've had the same trouble years ago on a Mitsubishi Magna.

John B.
John B.asked
T32.I (2014-2017)

I have but the jump leads on the wrong way round on a nissan 2017 xtrail now it won't start . Any ideas?

FTGRA
FTGRA

I changed the battery in my 2018 Nissan Xtrail and had the same problem. It was towed to the dealership and took a week for them to tell me the computer is blown in it. $500 for a new one and none in Australia. Good luck!

Nabil S.
Nabil S.asked
T31 (2008-2013)

I have 2013 Nissan xtrial with cvt transmission can I replace this transmission with 2010 second hand transmission?

Lyle D.
Lyle D.asked
T31 (2008-2013)

I have a 2009 diesel Xtrail purchased secondhand a year ago with 169000kms (advertised as 2011 but thats a whole other issue lol). about 8 months ago the car's turbo started to scream horrifically i assume the bearing went in the turbo. i have bought a reconditioned one but none of my mates can install it as there are 2 mangy stud bolts that cannot be got to to finalise the install. apparently its an engine out job which will cost around 3.5k!!!!! anyone have any suggestions i cannot afford anything like this. Engine fail light and dpf light on. car stills drives mostly normal just has terrible screaming under full boost. plz help! <3

ben dover

sounds like a build up of carbon in the turbo,they scream when the bearings are loaded with carbon It is not a faulty bearing as some people assume the turbos need to be cleaned out every 10,000kms Get it serviced

Peter C
Peter Casked
T31 (2008-2013)

My 2021 X-Trail developed shuddering in the engine and significant power loss as well as markedly increased fuel consumption around 180 K km. All injectors replaced on advice of mechanics, but still has a slight engine shudder and associated increased fuel consumption. Any ideas as to cause and treatment?

Anthony W.

Could still be electrical, but a compression rest might be worthwhile though the mileage is not great.

ben dover

cam angle sensor either faulty or dirty common problem with the Xtrails, either clean the sensor or replace it

pete smith
pete smith

yeah check/ clean /adust repalce cam angle semsor & throttle sensor

Tracie B.
Tracie B.asked
X-Trail

Hi I have a 2008 xtrail petrol automatic which has developed a problem when you put into gear the engine wants to die and starts missing
And when you go back to park it stops
Does anybody have an idea what is happening or what to look for thank

Anthony W.

Unless the idle speed is too low (should be around 850 -900 RPM), might be the CVT electronics (but I'm not a mechanic!).

Patrck K
Patrck K

needs a service

Anthony S
Anthony Sasked
T32.I (2014-2017)

I own a NT32 Nissan ex-trail 2014 model gas fuel . Over the last six months, I have noticed that on veering to the right when over taking, there is a sudden rough, jerking, when demands are made to increase speeds , I have to decelerate and the condition slowly corrects it self, it poses somewhat of a danger, since i am now in the fast lane. This is also experienced sometimes with normal driving, when I approaches an incline at speeds between 25- 40 kmp.
Can you say what may be the reasons for this condition? I have changed transmission oil, filter etc. I have cleaned the fuel pump.

Anthony W.

If it has a CVT gearbox I'd suspect a problem with the transmission -to - driven wheel linkage, maybe just a worn drives shaft one side, but I'm not a qualified mechanic and I avoid CVT's, they're an abomination!

Mike B
Mike Basked
T31 (2008-2013)

I have a 2012 X-Trail ST (4X4) T31. The radio stopped working. The light is on the radio but no sound

Anthony W.

This won't be much help, but obviously there is power to the device, so I'd look at the antenna connection inside the unit and between it and the antenna. Itself. Not easy to do though I'd imagine.

Mike T
Mike Tasked
T32.I (2014-2017)

I have a X Trail T32 2018 model with the 4WD version. It has travelled about 75000 kms and been serviced very regularly.
When I decelerate at about 20 kms/hr there is a "clunk" that appears to come from the transmission area.
It sound very much like slackness in the Drivetrain when the load on the driveshaft is taken of by decelerating.
I am concerned as there are many instances of transmission issues/problems with this model X Trail.
Would it be covered by warranty?

armouroflight77
armouroflight77asked
T31 (2008-2013)

Hi all, I have a 2013 T31 XTrail. For the life of me, I cannot find the owners manual and I recently had the battery changed, which means I need to enter a code for the radio. Is there some way I can find this out? If I have the radio serial number would Nissan be able to help? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

wingnut

The same question has been asked here before scroll down & you will find the answer to your question

Ben W.
Ben W.asked
T31 (2008-2013)

I have a Japanese import 2010 x-trail 2.0ltr turbo diesel manual, the car has never missed a beat until time to sell it. I have serviced it regularly and never given any problems. However after showing the car to some people and letting them test drive it, turns out they removed and discarded the air filter for some reason, now it has trouble starting and when it does start has no power until 2000 rpm. Very sluggish from what it was before being meddled with. No lights on the dash to indicate a problem. Any ideas on what's causing the low performance?

Jennifer L.asked
X-Trail

Nissan X trail 2004 radio code. Has err and can't remember the code.

micheal

If you do a simple google search you will find out how to do it, its really quite simple

No..it's not actually

jack stevens
jack stevens

theres a few ways you can do it some ways are hard some are easy. the easiest way is to contact nissan service dept or try instant radio code .com

Peter 101asked
X-Trail

Interested in buying x-trail with a manual transmission.
Does anyone have one of these in the current model?
What is your opinion?

Liz
Liz

I have an automatic diesel x-trail and I highly recommend it. Very satisfied in every way. Comfort, economical,stylish.

Tks Liz,
I am happy for you.
But I was really wanting an opinion on manual transmission.
Anynyone own a late model with manual transmission?

the manuals are crap

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives

Nissan X-Trail