47Nissan X-Trail

Nissan X-Trail Questions & Answers

Alanah W.
Alanah W. · T30 (2001-2007)

I have metal to metal sound in my Nissan X-Trail 2002 model wondering what that could mean

Ken B. · T31 (2008-2013)

2008 xtrail 2lt, diesel, keyless entry and start.
No previous problem, it will not start, engine turns over but does not fire up, my thoughts the car and keys have lost communication, what can I do to rectify this, if this is not the problem what else do I look for, nissn dealership has no idea so far.

ben dover

have you tried changing the batteries in the remote. if that is not the problem the keys have lost communication you need to take the to Nissan & get the key reprogrammed. or replaced

Ken B.

Thank Ben, nissan main dealer telling me its the timing chain, I already suggested key lost connection they saying don't think so

Bobby.R
Bobby.R · T31 (2008-2013)

My 2008 T31 Nissan XTrail has a CVT transmission that emits a whirring/whining high pitched sound whenever I take my foot of the accelerator. I have changed the CVT fluid and ensured that it was refilled at the correct level but the sound is still there. Can anyone help with this problem?

Niel T.
Niel T.

2002 x trail over heating

Phil B.
Phil B. · T31 (2008-2013)

Please can you tell me if the t31 has a choke ?

John G.
John G.

Beverley
Beverley · T32.II (2014-2022)

I have just purchased a Nissan xtrail 2021 ST model with 18000 klms. Vehicle jerks slightly when going uphill at 20 + klms plus when driving between 50-60 klms. Should I be worried about CVT transmission. Plus intelligent key sometimes opens all doors, most of the time just opens drivers door. This happens when using control near car as well as when I press the button on the door. (Don’t have key in my hand). Also no beep sounds when in reverse ready to move, if vehicle or person goes behind you. Bev

The golfer
The golfer · T32.I (2014-2017)

Anyone have a fix for rear seat rattle over bumpy roads? when someone is in the seat its fine. Seen this come up a lot in Nissan xtrail forums with out any decent feedback or root cause.

Mohamed S.
Mohamed S. · X-Trail

I have x trail t30 year 2007
At standstill and engine off, when shifting from P to R or from N to R there hard clunk noise, while shifting in reverse order nothing happened ie, from R to P or from R to N

they all do it

common problem

Ebrahim M.
Ebrahim M. · T32.I (2014-2017)

Hi does Nissan Xtrail NT 32 4WD have gear box issues?

alan

not if they are serviced regularly

Steve c.
Steve c. · X-Trail

nissan xtrail stl 2013. Temperature on 18 and 19 on control knob blows cold air but when changed to 20 on dial it blows hot air. There is no slow change. How can this be fixed.

debbie
debbie · X-Trail T32.I ST-L (2014-2017)

Our 2016 nissan xtrail SUV has air con problems since the second year . The aircon blows hot and cold air when it likes and moves through the auto and inside and outside air when it turns off the cool air?
Nissan put German aircon in this model after using a japanese one. Had aircon checked no leaks.
2024/ aircon still not working properly ? Bayside Nissan say we should replace the compressor at $2000 and then recheck? Ridiculous! Have been told to check electrics component only $600 too and then recheck? ReallY? Heat sensor or electrical will get checked.
Anyone know in my model what was common fix in the aircon in the states?

Peter C.
Peter C.

I have exactly the same issue, I got it repaired under warranty then once it was out of warranty Nissan wanted nothing to do with it so I payed $1,500 to get it fixed 2 years ago and it’s now doing exactly the same thing again and I have no idea what it could be

george
george

Typical xtrail air con every one of them are no good, The problem is in the condensor its leaking gas, so when they replace them they are replacing them with the same condensors with the exact same problem Nissan went from Japanese Nippondenso brand to german manufactures. Nissan just turns a blind eye to it they know what it it is

Yonathan H.
Yonathan H.

Same problem with mine, fixed it under warranty, they replace some parts, I think high pressure pipe, but problem came back. then I found out from other xtrail owner that it's a faulty evap sensor. I replaced mine, fairly easy cost $35, no problem since.

Nur Saidah S.
Nur Saidah S.

Same issue with me. After 3rd year, the air cond is having the same issue as yours. Brought to Nissan service center, they asked me to replace the condenser and it cost a bomb. Then it happened again few months after that, they told me it was a censor/ temperature control. It keeps recurring every now and then. Never ending story...

debbie

seems to be okay let you know in the summer again?

Noobtube A.
Noobtube A.

For people with AC issues, folks in the US are seeking legal avenues to get compensation. See “nissanairconditioningproblem dot com” we need this in Australia!

T.Mckay

The North American owners took a class action against Nissan over the X-trail cvt failings and won. They achieved an extended warranty and service bulletin to address this issue.
Nissan Australia has not sought to follow suit as they have little customer care and know the likes of VCAT look after them rather than owners

T.Mckay

Btw, the second time my aircon went, the first at 80k and second around 100k, I got rid of my x-trail and vowed never to buy another Nissan.
Now a Kia Sorrento owner.
Service, support, quality, running cost, reliability and warranty leave Nissan for dead.
114 k now on the speedometer with no regrets

Neil B.
Neil B. · T32.I (2014-2017)

Just changed my a/c compressor and tx valve re gassed it and now it doesn't get cold any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Michelle M.
Michelle M. · T31 (2008-2013)

Hi All, I have a 2009 Nissan X Trail 2.0diesel T31 with a knocking sound that got louder and quicker when i acclerated. No smoke at the exhaust and starts first time every time. It had a P0488 error code. Changed the EGR valve and still a knocking sound. Changed the belt and also put in fuel cleaner and oil cleaner. However still knocking sound. Do i need to drive the car for so many miles. No error code at the minute. Thoughts experts please....
Michelle:(

Glenda F
Glenda F · T32.I (2014-2017)

I have 2016 nissan xtrail t32
I have a leak coming from under gearbox looks like transmission fluid
When placing gear shift into drive as its auro it makes a clunking noise it sounds like cv joints but unsure. As soon as you drive off the noise is no longer
When moving stearing wheel in a circle rotation its makes a noise as well
Any suggestions please

Issy N.
Issy N.

The transmission issue may be serious and you better get it checked ASAP (Not sure whether the steering issue is related).
What type of transmission do you have, is it CVT?
There is a great community of "Australian X-trail owners" on FB.

alan

typical xtrail, leaking transmissions.

Zaid Z.
Zaid Z. · T30 (2001-2007)

Hi everyone, My X trail 2006 4WD 2.5 Automatic Tras. have vibration on idle when the gear is on D position and A/C on only, vibration stop when shifting to N or R or P and Vibration stop when I turn A/C off ?? Any advice please

honeyjabba
honeyjabba · T31 (2008-2013)

The lights on my steering wheel are not working is there a fuse for these? The controls on the steering wheel are working ok.

see a dealer

very helpful

Nic  Harris
Nic Harris · T32.I (2014-2017)

I have a 2017 Xtrail at the time of purchase had under 20,000Kms was a great. I purchased from a Nissan dealership, I get it regularly serviced at that Dealership. The car is used for me to tavel to and from work and take my children to sport etc, only ever been on the bitumen around Perth. At a service car had 69,000kms I was told they had to replace both upper arms on suspension costing me $1778. I was due for another service this week now I being told the gaskets around my timing belt/chain need repairing at an estimated cost of $3,200 car now has 76,000km. The Nissan dealership I purchased the car from and has done all the servicing since. Has anyone else had similar problems with their Trails, I feel that for the low Kms my car has these repairs don't seem right. Any feedback would be welcomed. Thank You/

Bonile M.
Bonile M. · T31 (2008-2013)

Hi guys I have a problem with my Nissan xtrail 2012 is not showing mileages when I switch on and horn not working

see a dealer

John P
John P · T31 (2008-2013)

Have been trying to remove the "blank" next to the Hill Decent Control to check size required before purchasing a switch I need to install there.
Forums say to hit the blank with screwdriver handle and drive down and out. The one fitted is a tight fit and not sure I will get it out without damage to the blank. Tried a little Silicone spray to ease it but no joy. Any alternative methods would be appreciated. Cheers

Micko D.
Micko D. · T32.I (2014-2017)

Hi.

Does anyone know how to access the 3rd screw when replacing the front struts?

Najib E.
Najib E. · T31 (2008-2013)

I have an x trial that go off few second after i turned on

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives

Select a listing for your question
Nissan X-Trail