7OptiSlim VLCD Classic Series

OptiSlim VLCD Classic Series Questions & Answers

Jenna
Jenna · VLCD Classic Series

How much weight has anyone lost, what programme they are on and how long did it take? I need to lose 20kg as fast as possible.

Aleisha G.
Aleisha G. · VLCD Classic Series

Hi can I drink no surger coke on this diet

TROP238 · VLCD Classic Series

Hi their my husband has been on optislim through the advice of his doctor due to him being very over weight and high blood pressure he has been on this for the past three weeks he started of on the chocolate flavor first week second week he tried the banana flavor and liked very much this is his third week on banana he has 3 shakes a day has recently added a banana and now he finds he goes to the toilet more often than he did he very rarely has a meal and now finds he has diarrhea and his bowel motions are very runny and yellow is this something to be concerned about as he is very focused and determined to lose weight also he has very smelly farts and alot of smelly long burbs he has a doctors appointment on the 2nd Dec to see how things are going with his goal please can anyone shed some light on these things happening to him I'm sure he is not alone

Maggie3029
Maggie3029

I am not a doctor. Just thought I’d mention the VLCD does advise you eat vegetables daily and fruit. I’d say this is for fibre. I had really runny motions once. Was too scared to even go out for a walk. The dr advised metamusel which I thought was for constipation. However it actually worked. How did the dr appointment go?

TROP238

Hi Mary have since last posted no longer using product but instead using my own will power and walking and doing lite exercises daily thanks for your reply much appreciated

Cathy · VLCD Classic Series

Hi. Just wondering if you can use milk instead of water. If so what milk do you recommend? Soy , almond , skim , lite , full cream or all of the above ?

Jane o.
Jane o.

Hi Cathy,

I have only used water and I enjoy the taste. But you could definetly use milk, and I would think what ever your preference is would be nice. Only thing is it will make it higher in calories, but they are low in calorie anyway.

Cathy

Thanks Jane. I will try with water first and see how I go.

Rob B
Rob B · VLCD Classic Series

Is Optislim ok for type 2 diabetics?

Misti T.
Misti T.

My doc has suggested this diet because I have type 2

Hajra E.
Hajra E. · VLCD Classic Series

I have just started optislim...in addition to optislim 3 times a day, can I have the optislim bar.? And what about tea and coffee? I would like to have optislim shake 3 times a day for 2 weeks and then 2 times a day until I’ve lost all my weight and then maintain.

Sandra D
Sandra D · VLCD Classic Series

Dose your weight determine how many shakes you have per day? Or is 3 shakes plus vegetables good for everyone? At 107kg is 3 shakes enough? Or dose that slow your metabolism to much. Seems after the first week the weight loss stops.

Hazem Y.
Hazem Y. · VLCD Classic Series

Does optislim have pork in any ingredients such as Phenylalanine.

Greg G
Greg G · VLCD Classic Series

Can I mix optislim with whey

Bernadette W.
Bernadette W. · VLCD Classic Series

I'm due to have shoulder surgery. Can I still use optislim post surgery?

Chris
Chris · Chocolate

I fast from 7.30 pm to 12.30 pm the next day then have 1 opislim shake , I small apple mid afternoon , then dinner protein and vegetables . Drink water and exercise for around 1hr per day am I eating enough ?? Or should I be having a shake for breakfast as well as I’m feeling quite tired .

Donna K.
Donna K. · VLCD Classic Series

Can u add more water 2 your shake

Claire Bear

Hi , I always add 500 ml to my shaker and add the powder to that. It makes a bigger shake and I drink more water this way. Shke foam up more frothy as well and I find the powder mixes better. The box says you can add more ater if the mix is too thick o I dont see any reason why not.

Josie A. · VLCD Classic Series

Can I have Optislim Double Choc cookie as a snack on the Optislim intense programme.The cookies are 100 calories

Claire Bear

you have to be careful of your calorie intake. eg if using 3 replacemnt shakes that is already 1800 calories (from memory) and 40 grams of sugar. It depends on the amount of weight you want to lose and the amount of calories you have allowed as your daily intake. Personally I found eating the cookies and bars made me put on weight due to the extra calories and sugar intake. I have instead swapped to fresh fruit and nuts and plain yogurt.

Josh C.
Josh C.

3 shakes is listed at 459 calories. Nowhere near 1800 calories. Wouldnt be a VLCD at that many calories?

Josie A.

Yes I thought that was not quite right. Thanks.

Joy Koa H.
Joy Koa H. · VLCD Classic Series

Is it ok to add a plain yogurt and almond nuts to optislim

Claire Bear

A lot of people add plain yogurt and fruits like berries or even bananas to the shakes. They even add fresh veggies to the soups to give them extra taste ( they can be quite bland). So I don't see why not.

Marcia
Marcia  · VLCD Classic Series

So presently in NZ Optifast is out of stock everywhere. I will now have to go onto Optislim. Can anyone let me know if it is as efficient as Optifast. thanks

Claire Bear

Hi, I started on optifast and swapped to optislim due to the cost mainly. I lost 10 kg in total. I found optifast made me lose weight quicker and kept me feeling full - if this makes sense. Optislim is ok but I found the first week I was using it (1 a day) I was running to the toilet. Also 3 weeks on I am always hungry. Optislim does not mix well either and you get sludge in the bottom of the shaker. They both taste the same - well to me. Have you tried ordering online through chemists warehouse or through ebay? (not sure of NZ equivalant). I have just finished 1 box so I think I will swap to optifast myself. Hope this helps.

HSGowans
HSGowans

Chemist Warehouse in NZ online cannot supply Optislim but heaps at individual Chemist Warehouses. Optislim works as well and I agree, does not mix well but keep shaking between each mouthful. I’m a die hard Optifast customer but can’t afford it now. I’m happy with Optislim except it’s very sweet. Ughhh

Marah A.
Marah A. · VLCD Classic Series

Hi I'm 14 years old, can I do the optislim shakes ?
Because I have already started but I'm doing it only ones a day at( breakfast) does this help I eat a normal dinner, a toast with some tuna on , and for a snack some fruit or a corn is this ok?

Hilary
Hilary

Hi Marah,
I think you should talk with your family and doctor about these shakes before you use them. I'm just reading off the label and looking at your age, I'm not sure if they'll be good for you. So I hope you talk it out first, since they will give you good advice.
Wish you the best

Lou
Lou · VLCD Classic Series

How long until you start to actually lose weight? I’ve been doing 2 shakes per day and have seen no change

Claire Bear

Everyone is different. Some say they have lost weight in the first week. Others say it takes time. Generally speaking it takes up to 4 weeks to notice any difference. (so the company website says) It can be no weight loss but your body my change shape (toned). Which is what is happening with me.

Jennifer K.
Jennifer K. · VLCD Classic Series

My optislim shakes best before date was august 2020 can i still use safely in december 2020

beckj36

I certainly would not worry about using it.

Donna · VLCD Classic Series

Are there any side effects to be aware off when taking optislim

beckj36

Hi Donna, I would think that there would only be side effects if you were using the Shakes 3 times a day. Personally I only have two shakes most days and 1 shake a day occasionally. I do not have any problems with side effects. The side effects would only be for the first few days anyway. Look up the website for Optislim and that will help you.
Cheers Judy

catherine
catherine

When i started only side affect i had was heqdaches and fragil but after 3 days i started to pick up its the side affect i experienced

Ian
Ian

Hi Donna. There were no side effects for me. However, Optislim uses whey protein - and some people may be sensitive to this (my wife is) - but you would quickly notice this effect.

Donna

Can I ask what they were?

Penny L
Penny L · VLCD Classic Series

Can I drink black coffee and Diet Coke on the optislim VLCD platinum program? I am replacing 3 meals a day with the shakes and having 2 cups of the suggested vegetables.

Get an answer from our members and OptiSlim representatives

Select a listing for your question
OptiSlim VLCD Classic Series