Origin Solar

Origin Solar Questions & Answers

5 questions from our users

Bryan05asked

looking at solar but are these reviews for real? Origin should be shot by treating customers this way. How about offering a genuine service and not screwing people

Origin E.Origin

Hi Bryan, we'd love to chat to you about our solar and get the chance to change your opinion of us. If you'd like our Solar team to get in touch with you, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au with your full property address and contact details. Thanks - Vanessa.

Rob S.
Rob S.

While reading these reviews, I'm getting an add for Infinite Energy, 68 reviews @ over 4/5 rating. That's all I know. Not sure where they operate though.

Bryan05

thanks Rob, it appears Origin Energy have more interest in ripping off there own customers

Stephen A.

Stephen A.asked

As an existing customer, would like to inquire about quotation on installing suitable solar panels...
We have a solar panel person from another company, giving us a quote to pay off ….

Origin E.Origin

Hi Stephen, sure thing! You can see all of our solar info and request a quote on our website here; https://bit.ly/2QVYLAk. Otherwise, feel free to email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au. Cheers - Renee.

Wade

Wadeasked

It seems that most problems are the cheap inverters or a policy that uses refurbished inverters. The premium plus line uses high end Trina panels and Fronius inverters. Does anyone have feedback on this? The 25c rebate, good panels/inverter and good price is still tempting.

maxi12
maxi12

Mine was a fronius replaced with a new fronius galvo but the warranty is from the first one. They do not give you a new warranty. I would not get solar again as the AC isolators have a 2yr warranty and inverter 10 years if you are lucky as my first one was 5yrs. Add this on to your cost of the system and in my case means i will be lucky to ever get my money back even with 51c FIT. The cost of my electricity just about equals the solar meter charge and the solar supply charge per day. After nearly 9 years mine has not paid for itself and i am on my second fronius inverter. Origin did not handle my warranty claim well and i had to wait 6 weeks for replacement. As my inverter was $2000 plus very expensive callout charges to assess the problem, the bigger the system the dearer the inverter. E.g. $1999 for 1kw system. Check replacement costs before deciding on size of system. I would also put the panels on the ground facing north and keep them off your house roof. And make sure your inverter is in the shade.

Origin E.Origin

Hi Wade, thanks for reaching out to us. If you've got any solar questions or want more info to help with your decision, please email us at supportsocial@originenergy.com.au, so we can have a dedicated Case Manager reach out to you. Thanks - Renee.

Adel

Adelasked

How much 6 KW, please?

Origin E.Origin

Hi Adel, thanks for reaching out. You can find more info on our solar systems and packages via our website here https://bit.ly/2nySsqR. If you'd like us to arrange for a Solar Specialist to get in touch with a quote, please email your details and product review to supportsocial@originenergy.com.au and we'd be happy to organise this. Thanks - Kristy.

Bev
Bev

Prices would be different now you need to enquire with companies you are interested in using.

Anthony T

Anthony Tasked

I'm thinking of going with Origon to install my solar panels but after reading the feedback comments I'm starting to second guess . Are there any good feedbacks .

Origin E.Origin

Hi Anthony. Sadly, sites like this don't generally have many positive feedback. You can filter so that you view the higher star ratings first. Alternatively, I'd be happy to get a case manager from our solar team to get in touch and answer any questions you may have. Just let us know. Thanks - Jen.

David
David

Hi, I would ensure you purchase a product with a 10 year warranty. The inverter supplied by Origin to me had 5 years. It failed after 3.5 years. Origin replaced it with a refurbished one that that lasted under 2 years. They then refused to replace it under warranty. I would not purchase a system from origin again. I have been very disappointed. They have been terrible to deal with.

Peter.l
Peter.l

I don't know if Origin Solar reliability is better or worse than any other solar installers. Origin Solar have after many, many telephone calls, made us a half price replacement offer. We have accepted that but Origin is dead to us. At the first opportunity we will leave Origin and go with an other Gas and Electricity provider. Some of the Origin Solar people did not give a dam, its out of warranty, the end, go away. Other were really understanding and helpful. Bottom line is the people you talk to at Origin Solar can't help you because they are simply not allowed to.

Go long warranty from manufactures (not cheap inverters from China, no disrespect intended) that will be around into the future.

Get an answer from our members and Origin representatives

Other Solar Retailers