Petbarn Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Anne L.

Anne L.asked

Petbarn

I purchased a bulk-buy 14 kilo bag of dry biscuits (royal canine) online that was delivered today. Before opening the bag I noticed that the Used-by-Date only has 3.5 months left. I would expect that the USED -BY -DATE for bulk bags of dog biscuits to have 6 to 12 months before expiry. The previous bag purchased from another supplier had more than adequate expiry date left. Will Petbarn allow me to swap the dog food in one of your local stores for dog biscuits that have adequate Used-by-Date? I need for this to happen asap as I am out of dog biscuits and have borrowed from a friend. Thanks Anne

Hi Anne,
Thanks for reaching out. Yes, you can swap the dog food. Are you able to pop down to your local store? They will be happy to do it, if you have your confirmation email as well, that will help the team out.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Stacey P.

Stacey P.asked

Petbarn

Still haven't heard back from anyone re puppy school - how much is it and how long etc?

Hi Stacey,
Sorry that no one has been in touch.

Puppy School is $160 for 5 weeks. We have a more information available here - petbarn.com.au/services/puppy-school

Let me know if I can help with anything further.

luanafaaofoasked

Online store

I ordered twice same order last night and changed delivery address to my sister in Mandurah as she takes care of my dog when I'm away. To date she has not received my puppys food or shampoo...I'm not sure what has happened to the deliveries???

Hi luanafaaofo,
Firstly, apologies for the lateness in this reply.
Are you able to send through the order number, as well as the best contact email or phone number and we can pass this on to the Customer Service Team so they can assist you.

luanafaaofo

Apparently it's already been sent and too late..thankyou for your reply.

Wens

Wensasked

Petbarn

I would like to buy the cologne Petbarn groomers use on my dog for in between grooming sessions. Is this possible. I have bought other offshelf colognes but cannot handle their scent

Hi Wens,
Please contact your local Petbarn store - Grooming department and they will be able to assist you with this.
The Petbarn Team

Nickname

Nicknameasked

Petbarn

Hello, why do you feel its ok to cage animals for your entertainment ? its very good that you work with rehousing dogs and cats but all lives matter why sell a cage or any caged animals is it ok to enslave black but not white ,the answer is no .Stop all suffering , ask yourself how you would feel.

Forouzan S.

Forouzan S.asked

Physical store

I really want pet barn have more sale

PetbarnPetbarn

Hi Forouzan, We love feedback here at Petbarn!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you feel. I am going to send this across to our marketing team, we are always looking for ways to improve!

joanlockwood

joanlockwoodasked

Petbarn

why did my poodle start coughing the day after she came from the groomers?

Coral H

Coral Hasked

Petbarn

How can it be justified that a toy poodle got groomed about 6 weeks ago and it cost $69 now it will be costing $85

dafs1974

dafs1974asked

Petbarn

Does everyone who uses petbarn grooming know that they offer 100% satisfaction guarantee! If you're not happy with the service full refund!
Do you ask if the groomers are qualified and if yes how? Do you ask to see certificates or diplomas?
Or do you take their word on it!

Magda
Magda

I have never asked about any certificates
Didn't know you have to have a diploma to be nice to the animal
And never had any refund, groomer didn't want to release my dog because he didn't finish his job
My dog was suffering and I wanted to go and never home back

Laxoy V
Laxoy V

Now that's a great question. I took my nearly 8 mths old maltese/shitzhu/ cattle breed puppy in for a full groom
The lady asked if my puppy had any skin condition. I said "yes,my vet said she has skin infection& taking tablets for It'.She quickly replied," the tablets won't work,it will only relieve her itching, we're groomers,so we know.she also said " so what do you feed your dog,?".I said "dog food" She went on & on about the different brands of dog foods&said humans & other brands of dog foods are "POISON " She lifted my puppy up& said," ohhh her belly is swollen& she is covered in yeast.I was like,: Hello,are you a vet?"I was lost for words.She was very rude& intimidating, but i never took her seriously I just won't go back to Pet Barn at Hoxton Park rd again.I didn't see her name tag,but I remember her face.Does she have " proper" training in pet food/ nutrition for pets,or diagnosing pets/ dogs condition?I really doubt that..You DO NOT say anything about a pet that you don't know anything about.BTW,I was at the vet the day before I took my puppy in for a groom.It was a VERY bad poor,rude,disrespectful first time( and last time) at PetBarn( Hoxton Park rd)
.If you are that groomer on the day- you need to read this& learn how to treat your customers with respect & please don't act like you know everything.You're not a VET you're only a Pet Groomer.Show me your VET Certificate then i might take you more seriously .

Francis G
Francis G

Funnily enough most groomers and retail staff in the pet industry are far more knowledgeable on dog nutrition than most vets, the majority of vets simply acting as puppets to major corporations and pet food companies such as Hills, Royal Canine etc. that fund ‘nutrition training’ at vet school. The groomer is correct is stating that the medication will not alleviate the issue nor stop it from reoccurring as vets do not work in preventative medicine nor natural medicine but more so look to quick fixes such as drugs etc. Diet has a MAJOR impact on skin health in dogs, any skin condition is best treated from the inside out through diet more so than a band-aid solution like medications and creams. Dog food is your first problem, almost all dog foods are full of starches and fillers which feed cause and feed infections such as yeast. Dogs fed a species appropriate, balanced raw diet will not suffer from these modern ailments seen in dogs such as skin issues, digestion problems etc.

Vets are simply interested in selling you whichever food they get a kick-back from (Hills, RC, Advance), the same brand that most likely funded their university units on ‘nutrition’, and providing a quick fix it solution whether that be drugs, creams, surgeries etc. rather than approaching pet care in a more holistic manner and working to prevent such illnesses rather than simply treat them with modern medicine. This information has been provided to you be an extremely knowledgeable dog groomer who knows more on dog nutrition that most vets in the country, you’re welcome...

Deb Basked

Petbarn

Does anyone have a phone number that actually works for customer service? I only received part of my order and the only way I can contact Petbarn is via their online email. I purchased online, not through a particular store.

Deb

robert dunlop

Yes very valid question.. i have had the same issue. I am not at home now but i think can track it down via your invoice etc. Will follow it up when i get home again and let you know. Think they dont want you to talk to them lol.

Deb B

Cheers Robert, that would be very much appreciated.

Hi Deb
Sorry was only a home for a few hours and had to go away again and forgot to check. I am not back until next Monday but as previously suggested if you still have the invoice sent with the goods have a look on that for a phone number. Will check again when I get home anyway next week.

Get an answer from our members and Petbarn representatives