6Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq AHR

Britax Safe-n-Sound Compaq AHR Questions & Answers

Lou
Lou

Can you buy a new born insert separately please?

Show
Show

Hi, is it suitable Mazda sedan car?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Show, thanks for your question. We would recommend that you visit your local baby store and try the seat in your vehicle to ensure suitable fitment. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Angela
Angela

What are the technical differences betweeen the AHR Model and the mrk 11?

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Angela, thanks for your question. The Compaq AHR has Active Head Restraint (AHR) technology adjusts to grow with your child to provide optimal head protection all of the time. AHR Easy Adjust Technology is designed so that there is no need to re-harness the seat. Traditional seats require you to disconnect the shoulder straps and move to the next slots. - See more at: https://www.britax.com.au/tips-advice/ahr-tilt-adjust/#sthash.1KqXines.dpuf The Compaq MkII can be configured to fit 3 cross the back. Compaq MKII is now rearward facing for longer from Birth to 2-3years (approximately). Its slim-line design seat with Hassle Free HarnessTM makes it easy to use andperfect for smaller cars, enabling configuration of 3 seats across the back. Its compact rearward facing depth enables increased front seat passenger comfort and flexibility.

- See more at: https://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-compaq-mkii/#sthash.TeR6N6wJ.dpuf Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

estar73
estar73

Good afternoon,

We currently have the Compaq AHR for our little one who is around 13 months, and is smaller than average height in both height and weight.

We are having some challenges in that with the harness straps set at or slightly above shoulder height (as recommended), her head sometimes slips under the head wings when she falls asleep.

As the shoulder straps and head wings are part of the same assembly, lowering the height of the head wings to fix that problem then causes other problems in the harness straps being below her shoulders.

Before we purchase another seat that can overcome this issue, do you have any suggestions / solutions that we can try?

with thanks, Erwin

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Erwin, thanks for your question and concerns, can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss your seat/fitting/etc in detail with you. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Mel
Mel

What is the difference between Compaq AHR and the Slimline AHR??

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Mel, thanks for your question. The Slimm-line AHR™ has a narrow, compact installed depth making it great for small cars and growing families. As an added benefit you also have the choice to install using ISOFIX connectors. Thermo5™ high performance fabric with Bamboo Charcoal means your child will travel in quality and comfort.

- See more at: http://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-slimm-line-ahr/#sthash.42rttJYJ.dpuf

The Compaq AHR is rearward facing for longer from Birth to 2-3years (approximately). Its slim-line design seat with the added protection of Active Head Restraint (AHR™) is perfect for smaller cars, enabling configuration of 3 seats across the back. - See more at: http://www.britax.com.au/car-seats/britax-safe-n-sound-compaq-ahr/#sthash.0KaOuONX.dpuf Kind regards, The Britax Team

Alchetta
Alchetta

I'm just replying again as the official reply here doesn't answer the question at all. Please specify exact technical differences as both seats say they are suitable rear faced for longer. Exact height markers (all three) for both seats and exact dimensions including depth in rear facing position, plus any differences in fabric, would be more helpful. Thanks in advance.

Beck star
Beck star

How do I tighten the seat belt to ensure it doesn't slacken when I wobble the car seat?

Once I installed the car seat, it wobbles out of position because there's no lock mechanism on the car seat?

l0ves_ch0c0late

You only need to take slack out of the seatbelt and top tether. Don't shake the car seat. If the movement still concerns you, take it to an accredited car seat installer who can show yo how to install a gated buckle to hold the seatbelt tight.

Lala
Lala

What is the difference between the Compaq AHR and Compaq MKII? Do the external dimensions differ at all (we know the AHR fits between our other 2 seats, just, as tested using a friends)? If the seat will only be used forward facing which is better?

l0ves_ch0c0late

The dimensions are the same. The MKII just doesn't have the internal headrest, whereas the AHR does.

Farmnz
Farmnz

Bought this seat yesterday for our just 6 month old, upon reading the manual and setting up, it appears his shoulders are at the line to no longer rear face, his bum to shoulder measures 33.5cm, and the seat to shoulder strap appears 35cm, is this the wrong model for us as we want rear facing for some time yet?

l0ves_ch0c0late

Yes, you have purchased the older model by the sounds of it. Look for models with three height markers on the cover. The Britax Slimm-line AHR, Infasecure Quattro, and some new Compaq models should have three height markers to allow for longer rear facing to an average 2-3 years.

Jade
Jade

My baby is 4 months and the seat is getting a little small for her. If I take out the insert is it still safe for her rear facing?

Rena 13

In a roundabout way you have kind of given yourself your own solution. If your 4 month old is getting a bit large for using the seat with the insert, then it is time to try using the seat without the insert. The main purpose of the insert is to help a small baby fit into a seat that will also fit a toddler up until approximately 4 years old. The seat straps should be able to be adjusted to fit a larger baby rear facing quite securely. My own child started using this car seat at about 5 1/2 to 6 months old when the baby capsule became a bit snug and hot to travel in. We never needed to use the insert because of this. Refer to your car seat manual but if your baby is on the larger side I can't see any issues as long as the seat is rear facing. If you're still really concerned, contact the manufacturer.

l0ves_ch0c0late

Yes. The padding is only for comfort, and will not affect safety if removed.

Jenny

Hi, we have this seat and my daughters head is always falling forward into a unsafe position in rear facing. She has good head control normally (5 months old), is there a way to tilt the seat into more of a recline? The newborn insert is too small for her now.

Rena 13

The angle of the seat itself can't be changed in rear facing mode. Check your manual to see if its okay but I would look at putting a towel or similar under the carseat to adjust the angle that way. It may be that your car's seat is quite reclined compared to other models of cars.

Jenny

Great / I'll give that a go.

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Jenny, thank you for your question. There is only one mode of recline in the rear facing position. You could try taking our the newborn insert, we do advise that this can be removed approximately between 3-6 months of age to allow more room for the child. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

Laura Post
Laura Post

How easy is this to install? I'll need to change it from car to car and want it to be as easy as possible.

Rena 13

Super easy! The first time you will spend a little time looking at the instructions and the threading path which you can easily pass your hand/ arm through (ease of use) and working out how it must be tightened. After that it takes 5 min. My husband and I often change this seat between our cars. This is a great seat - I highly recommend it!

SarahTsv

Is this car seat sold with the newborn cushion insert (as shown in the photo's) or is it sold separately?

If it's sold separately, where can it be purchased from? I'm in Townsville, Qld 4810

Thank you.

Cath_777
Cath_777

Hi Sarah it comes with the newborn insert x

SarahTsv

Thank you. I'll have to go back to the store because they sold it to me without one.

Alison
Alison

Is this product suitable for newborns? We are expecting twins and have brought this product. When ringing our local car seat installer we were advised although not illegal this product is not a good choice for newborns and/or twins as the twins may weigh less than a normal newborn and the wide harness strap will not sit on their shoulders properly. The car seat installer is trying to direct us to use a capsule first. The car seat installer also stated that all testing is done with a 3 month old size dummy not a newborn. Now confused as thought we had brought a good product which could be used from birth.

HBswell
HBswell

I used it for my new born and found it to be ok, just difficult manoeuvring her in and out of the seat as it is quite compact and the sides seem higher than other car seats. The straps supported her and she was a small newborn. But she hated the car and would scream in this particular seat rear facing... If I had my time again I would use a capsule that you could remove in and out and buy a more expensive car seat when older. I love my safe n sound royale

Britax Safe-n-Sound   DM

Hi Alison, thanks for your question. The 2013 Australian Standard which was release late 2014 for products to be sold that meet this standard saw the introduction of testing and defining child restraints that are suitable for babies that are of low birth weight or premature. We currently have the Unity Infant Carrier which is suitable for low birth weight or premature babies - external link  Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail, thanks, Britax Team.

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives