Britax Safe-n-Sound Millenia SICT

Britax Safe-n-Sound Millenia SICT Questions & Answers

48 questions from our users

Hello we have a Mitsubishi ASX 2017 and the buckle seems to be very short which locks in behind the seat as we have to lift and angle our baby up to place him in and out of the car seat. It’s a mission for us as parents and even more uncomfortable for our baby. What do you recommend? Why would it be an added issue? Hopefully we shouldn’t have to spend more money on a seat we purchase hoping it would provide our baby with safety and comfort you would expect from such a product.
Hi Eves, thanks for your question. It sounds like you may need to addition of an extension strap to make the top tether long. These are available from your place or purchase or on our website - https://www.britax.com.au/accessories/300mm-extension-straps/ or https://www.britax.com.au/accessories/600mm-extension-straps/ these are available in 300mm or 600mm. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

My 2 year old is forward-facing in the Britax Millenia, but I find his head falls forwards when he falls asleep. Can the seat be reclined for a more comfortable seating position, or does it need to be used fully upright when forward facing?
Hi JulietV, thanks for your question. The Millenia SICT can be reclined when using in forward facing mode. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us. Kind regards, the Safe-n-Sound team.

Hi Britax, I have converted to forward facing for our 10 month old because he’s just reached the marker with the infant padding insert in, but the instructions say to take the insert out when you change it and this puts him just under the marker.. should I reinsert the padding? Thanks.
Hi Tracey T, thanks for your question. We would recommend that you remove the insert and keep your little one rear facing. Please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

When in the forward facing position with isofix I can’t seem to recline unless I loosen the isofix. Is that right? It’s a pain if baby falls asleep while driving because my passenger can’t lean back and recline it without loosening the isofix straps
HI Renae, thanks for your question. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 as we would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Can you use the fully recline position for forward facing? The base of the seat seems far away from the back of the car seat.
Hi Yam, thanks for your question. The Millenia SICT has a few recline position however we aren't clear what you mean by fully recline position as this seat has rear facing recline position then forward facing upright recline position. Can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in full detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Millenia and the Millenia +?
Hi Kristy F, thanks for your question. Here is a link to information on the new +series products - https://my.britax.com.au/plus-series/ these products are exclusive to Baby Bunting. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Does this car seat fit in a Hyundai i20?
Hi Jessica, thanks for your question. We would recommend that you visit your local baby shop to try this seat in your vehicle to ensure suitability. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Has anyone taken this car seat to the UK? And used it on a plane?
Hi Sally, thanks for your question. The Millenia SICT is aircraft compatible however we would recommend that you check with your airline before flying. Many countries have laws for using child restraints and their standards differ from Australia. Laws vary from country to country and even state to state. Countries with strong laws are European countries, USA, Canada, Japan and South Africa. Many vehicles around the world are not yet fitted with a child restraint upper anchorage point or fitting thus to use an Australian seat an upper anchorage fitting needs to be installed. There will be no fittings in Taxis and most rental cars. In many developing countries there are no seat belts in which case a child restraint is of no use at all. Your child seat may be used in some countries like Europe, USA and Canada but you need to check with your rental car company or if you are buying a car check with your insurance company and local police. Many rental car companies do hire locally compliant child restraints in most of the above countries. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

My 6 mth old baby has just moved from the maxi cosi AP capsule to the Britex Millenia in the rearward facing position but I find the incline is very steep and bubs head falls forward when sleeping. Can the incline be adjusted for a 6 month old baby? I am assumming the incline would be far less steep for a baby 0-6 mths?
Hi Susie, thanks for your question. Something doesn't sound right. We would recommend that you check that your seat is fully recline when in a rear-facing mode. Would it be possible to email us a few photos of your seat installed to us at au-support@britax.com so we can see what's going on with the seat for you or give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Can you use the mellinia after your child is 4 years old if they dont reach the exit markets?
Hi Amanda, thanks for your question. The Millenia seat can continue to be used for your little one as long as their shoulders are under the top shoulder height marker, Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Hi, I’m just wondering if the Millenia fits inside a Holden Trax?
Hi Rach, thanks for your question. We would recommend that you visit your local baby shop and try the Britax Safe-n-Sound Millenia in your vehicle to ensure fitment. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Hi, we have the millenia and my 22 month old is still under the marker although the shoulder straps are below her shoulders we can’t seem to move the head rest any further up. How high is the head rest meant to go? Thanks
Hi Caszie, thanks for your question. This doesn't sound right, can you please give us a call on 1300 303 330 so we can discuss this with you in further detail. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Hi. My daughter is two weeks off being one, she is still rear facing and under the line that says must be rear facing under this line. I’ve read places and hear from people that after 6 months they can be forward facing, is this true? Can I turn her around now? Thank you.
HI Libb, thanks for your question. If your little one is still under the rear-facing marker so must remain rear facing until she reaches that line as per the instruction manual. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

My daughter is 13 months and nearly at the line at which I am meant to turn her forward facing. I find this a bit odd as yes she is tall for her age 77cm but the deaf is meant to be rear facing for 2-3 years and 77cm is a very short 2 year old. Am I meant to be taking out the padded insert so she stays rear facing for longer? Or is there anywhere I can confirm the height in cm in which they must be turned forward facing? Thanks
yes definitely too short to be forward facing that early, my 12mth old son was 80cm and still able to rear-face with this carseat. all car seats will have an approx rear-facing age limit, but this is only a guide as other factors such as height, medical conditions etc come in to play. definitely take the padding out, that is the first step before forward facing. you will find without the padding she will go way back under the markers. the millennia as far as I'm aware has the deepest seat of all car seats so she should get a lot of time refacing before having to switch. hope this info helps.Hi Gull, thanks for your question. We would recommend that you removed the insert as this will give you little more room in rear-facing mode. Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

How are these with having a Maxi Guard pro and Millenia rearfacing in the back of a Mazda 6 Room wise?
Hi EB23, thanks for your question. We would recommend that you visit your local baby shop with the vehicle as they will allow you to try the seats to ensure fitment. Kind regards, The Britax Team.

My daughter is approaching 12 months, she is still in the rear facing and I want to keep her there but how do I know when I need to tilt the rear facing up? the car seat is still as it was installed when she was a tiny baby.
Hi, not sure if you got the answer you were seeking. I just installed my car seat yesterday (paid to get it done, was shocked at how poorly he installed it, had a mummy meltdown of "hell no" and re did it myself with my dad) . When I was reading the manual and watching the britax instructional videos they said that the milenia only had one recline leve in rear mode

Can I use my australian purchased millenia car seat in Texas?

I jut bought this car seat and have a Mazda 6 wagon. Do I need to buy an extender?
There is a hook in your boot where you attach the safety belt. See if it can reach the hook, it doesn't need extender. I have a Mazda 3 hatch and I have extender.

is there suppose to be movement in the head rest? I have locked it in the correct position but the head rest seems floppy with movement forwards and backwards.
From my experience the headrest can slide forwards/backwards but should not be flopping about.Head rest should not be floppy forwards and backwards. You might have to go back to your supplier(retailer)to check if there is any damage to the head rest. If not maybe take a pic and send it to the Britax for advise

Get an answer from our members and Britax Safe-n-Sound representatives