Smart Energy Questions & Answers

Simon C.
Simon C.

Just wondering if you have representatives doing door to door enquiries in the Bundaberg region today? Had 2 today in our neighbourhood and want to know if they are infact legit?

Smart Energy   DM

Hi Simon, sorry it's taken us a while to get back to you. Our representatives are instructed to always wear Smart Energy- branded polo's, and they have been active in the Bundaberg region over the past 12-mo.

Hopefully this helps,

Steve Wright
Steve Wright

How can I contact your tech team. I have wifi connection on my solar panel inverter plus my battery. But installer set it up.

Smart Energy   DM

Hi Steve, You're always able to contact the customer service team on 1300 133 055 - we'd be happy to help.

Thanks again,

Annie G.
Annie G.

Does anyone have a contact email or phone number for someone at Smart Energy who isn't on the support line/email? I have been calling their support line for over 2 months and have not had any result with my failed system.

PAUL
PAUL

Barrybtec
Barrybtec

From my experience with them once they have installed your system and they have been paid they will not support it properly. With my system after repeated requests to get it fixed i had to contact an electrician to get the issue resolved at my own expense.

Smart Energy   DM

Hi Annie, Sorry it's taken us some time to see these questions - we'd be happy to help with you system.

We've invested plenty of time and effort into improving the Customer Service Team over the last year - if you like to give us a call on 1300 133 055 we'll be able to assist.

Thanks again,

Phil

We have solar power and batteries, plus we also have a Nissan Leaf EV.
So we charge our 12KWH house batteries and 30KWH EV batteries with our solar power. After all that charging is done, our solar power system states that we are supplying 70% of our power from the solar and battery system.
Nobody is saying anywhere the amount of power that is either getting lost or being limited, because the smart metre controls and places a stop on the solar power inverter.
So all the solar power inverter computer can do is state "THE AMOUNT OF POWER YOU CAN SELL IS BEING LIMITED".
Hence the amount of our solar energy that is stopped never gets measured and the only way that we can gauge this is by increasing our house usage, possibly with increased battery storage capacity.

Smart Energy   DM

Hey Phil, This is the sort of thing our award-winning customer success team would be more than happy to help you investigate further. Give us a call on 1300 133 055.

Roger T

I am in S.E. QLD and in the market for a battery system. I have 21*315 kw panels and a Sungrow Inverter Installed Nov 2019.
I am looking at cost and VPP contracts for cost effectiveness. The average for the batteries and the Hybrid converter is $10K, but the VPP is very different for each supplier. Any suggestions????

Andy
Andy

Call Smart Energy and ask them for advise on the best battery system, I recommend calling them and speaking to Beth Jones

Smart Energy   DM

Hey Roger T, Give us a call at 1300 133 055 and we can set you up with a call from a specialist. If you would like to speak with Beth Jones specifically, that can also be arranged.

Phil

I strongly recommend that you buy a combined inverter, battery system, UPS and good quality usage charts, from the one manufacturer, and with everything in the one cabinet.
In 2019, we installed the University of QLD RedbackTech system in 2019 and it has excellent graphical displays.
You can see their massive panel system just to the north of Warwick QLD. When we install our next solar power system it will definitely be another RedbackTech.

Susan P.

How much is a new battery and how often do you need to replace them .

Smart Energy   DM

Hey Susan P. Our award-winning customer success team are available during business hours to answer your questions. Call us at 1300 133 055.

Susan P.

I was under the impression that once we got solar, we won't have a electric bill again. Why do people still have a energy bill???

Smart Energy   DM

Hey Susan P. Installing solar will vastly reduce your interaction with the grid, which means you will pay less for electricity. Attaching a battery to your solar system will further decrease your grid interaction.

Susan P.

What does solar buy back scheme mean

Smart Energy   DM

Hey Susan P. Whatever retail tariff rate someone pays for electricity from the grid, they will receive the same rate for each kWh of solar power that they export to the grid.

Get an answer from our members and Smart Energy representatives

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now