SolaGarden Questions & Answers

Chrissie
Chrissie

Hi,
I got my 15m festoon lights and they aren’t very bright when they turn on at night. How can I turn up the brightness? Also, the lights came with a remote control but I have no idea how to connect it to the festoon lights. Instructions would be appreciated.

Narelle J.
Narelle J.

I've received the 4" Mini Electric Chainsaw. However the instructions included do not describe how to put it together. Can you please provide more detail?

SolaGarden   DM

Hi, Narelle! So sorry to hear this. Please do send us an email so we can provide you the instructions. Thank you!

kate g.
kate g.

I also had this problem - why can’t you just put the instructions on your website for those who have purchased? I’m returning mine because it doesn’t work properly….but maybe it does and I haven’t put it together properly? We won’t know as I’m not going to waste time going back and forth sending videos etc. I’m a busy single mum…just put the instructions up on your website!

Jane W.
Jane W.

Hi I notice my festoon lights only stay lit for around 3 hours after dark then they begin to flash and keep doing so until I turn them off as it is annoying, is there a reason for this?

SolaGarden   DM

Hi Jane, we are sorry to hear this. Could you please try to charge the solar panel via USB for 8 hours or until full charge? Please turn off the solar panel while charging via USB. The lights on the solar panel will turn green when fully charge. Please send us an email at hi@solagarden.com.au so we can further assist you. Thank you.

ema r.
ema r.

My lights are flickering and turn off 8.30pm after a full day's charging in WA sun. They should stay much longer???surely that's only a Max of 3 hrs working.

SolaGarden   DM

Hi Ema, it should last 6-8 hours or more if fully charged. Please send us an email at hi@solagarden.com.au so we can further assist you. Thank you.

Marilyn Gray
Marilyn Gray

Mine were doing the same for the first few nights. Then they started lasting longer but still only about 5 to 6 hours now

Tony F.

How can you make the lights go on before pitch dark?

SolaGarden   DM

Hi, Tony! There are two ways to do this: first, you can cover the solar panel with anything dark. The other way is to turn the panel facing down. The panel should just detect darkness by covering it up or turning it face down, and you're good to go.

Tony F.

Hi Paul, I wrapped the solar panel in a towel & waited about 5 minutes, they still didn't go on.

SolaGarden   DM

Hmm, they should turn on instantly if they are turned on, charged and the solar panel is covered. Can you please send us an email at hi@solagarden.com.au and we can help troubleshoot this for you tomorrow

Jeanette

Has anyone got any lights from this company at all? They do have an Australian ABN. Is is worth reporting to ACCC?

C.Menke
C.Menke

They should be reported because I haven’t heard anything back from them regarding my order

Keely L

I have not received any lights and no response to any of my emails. I was hoping I would receive at least an email today… nothing. I’m going to report them to Consumer Affairs.

Keely L

I’ve just checked their service terms… it uses US legal terminology and appears that this is a fake company. I think I’ve been duped!

Hi guys,
I just reported to the ACCC.
When you fill out the form, you will have the option to search for the ABN and it exists (based in Adelaide).
I also attached copy of my order/receipt.

Tim S.
Tim S.

It's really easy to filter out these 'fake australians', which they 100% are. Page Transparency on their facebook page shows it is managed from the Philippines and Indonesia. I wish more people would look into a business first. I only buy from legit Aussies.

Jeanette

I did get my lights that I ordered but it was after sending some not so nice public messages & threatening scam watch etc. The company did deliver as promised

SolaGarden   DM

Hi Jeanette, Christiane, Keely and Tim, appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Only helps us get better! Unable to replay individually so thought I'd do it in this one message.

Jeanette, glad that you have received your lights. We are a small Aussie team and had an unexpected number of sales during November/December which put us on the back foot. We sent out emails updating customers and have brought on some new team members to make sure something like this never happens again.

Christiane, can see that we have sorted your prior issue and your products have been delivered. Hope you love them!

Keely, can 100% assure you that we are an Australian company. Most of the team is based here in Australia (Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne) with a few in the Philippines to help with admin and our operations. We launched SolaGarden in November of 2020 from Adelaide and have been growing since.

Tim, can assure you as well that we are not 'fake Australians'. Hadn't heard that term before either :-). Our FB page is managed in Australia, as well as some overseas team members having access from Indonesia and the Philippines. We're an Aussie company, selling in Australia, and always doing our best to improve.

Thanks all for your feedback again and always here to help!

Andy G
Andy G

I purchased the White Ball Lights and the Ground lights and not even 3 mths and the lights are failing. They are very cheap quality for what you pay and please don't be fooled by the 50% off as this is a permanent thing on their site.

Le
Le

I received my festoon lights within a week. Very happy with the quality. They have been working well for a year now.
A globe recently stopped working and the email response was within the hour. I took the globe out and replaced it and it started working again

Get an answer from our members and SolaGarden representatives