Solax Power Questions & Answers

Abc
Abc

I have a solax inverter X1 3.0 T N which was never switched on how do i turn it on please

Malcolm M
Malcolm M

Do Solax inverters need to be serviced and if so how often-what does a service check for?

acerace
acerace

Not sure they are seviceable,but make sure dust/moisture free. Vent underneath can block up. The industry is still evolving so dont get too excited imo.

Mitch
Mitch

No inverters need to be serviced.
Can someone explain what a "European" string inverter can do that a solaX cannot I'd love to know?
Anyone who's been in the industry long enough understands all inverters approved in Australia made in the last 5 years have the same fail rate.
The rest is in your head and the power of marketing.
The same people who used to laugh at Korean and Chinese cars 10 years ago have their wife driving one now.
Chinese are the leaders of renewable energy.
Send from iphone made in...

Stephen
Stephen

My advice to consumers;
It’s not the brand of equipment you have installed that is ever the real problem.
The real problem is who sold it to you and who installed it.

If the equipment is installed properly it will work. If it does not work properly when or after it’s installed, for whatever reason, the installer should be the first point of call to resolve the issue.
If the installer or sales company attempt to shed responsibility for a non functioning system onto the equipment manufacturer , you chose the wrong business to purchase it off.

Consumers need to recognise that the work of solar generator design and installation is trade work. To be eligible for accreditation, that is to be qualified and deemed competent to design and install a solar generator , the practitioner must first be a qualified electrician, the business must hold a contractors licence and the person designing and installing the system must be accredited with the federal over-site body (Clean Energy Council / office of renewable energy regulator).

A salesman or woman cannot competently quote you for a solar generator if they are not accredited to design it.
They cannot be accredited to do this if they are not first an electrician.

It’s simple really, do not purchase a rooftop solar generator from an unlicensed, unqualified, non accredited sales person.

Purchase from a trusted local electrical trades business. Ensure that they support their local customer base with honest sales and workmanship warranty.
It should not be the customers responsibility to chase the manufacturer, nor even the distributor for warranty issues, it should be first and foremost the responsibility of the people you purchased it from.

If the people you purchased the system from are not the people who are going to install it; BEWARE!

Dean

Hi I have a solax3 zdny-tl 15000 inverter can I install this with battery back ?

Dean

Hi i have a solax 3 zdny-tl 15000 can I install this with a battery back up system?

Jeremy B.

I had a 9kw Solax inverter installed by Arise solar but hasn’t been working since before Christmas. Arise told me it’s not their issue and to contact my electricity provider. Output and grid values are both zero. I have reset, checked cat breaker and isolators and found no obvious issues. Getting the run around by Origin and Arise

Solax Power   DM

Dear customer, Sorry for the bad experience with our products, Solax always strives to bring high-quality products and a satisfactory user experience to customers.

At the same time, you can also leave your contact information, and we can also contact you directly to solve the problem.

Solax's after-sales technical support team will promptly solve any problems you encounter during use.

Good Morning
I’ve now been advised by Arise that Solax has a supply delay and will need to wait further. Can you advise if this is the case?
Regards
Jeremy

Paul M.
Paul M.

Hi. I have a Solax SK-BMU5000 fitted. For 4 years I have had lead acid batteries fitted which I charged from the grid at night in winter. Recently I fitted lithium batteries. While charging from the PV is normal, when I try to charge from the grid in Force Time mode, the charger fails to charge. The programmed discharge side works so that there is no discharge for that time. But the charging does not happen. Does anyone know how to correct this please. Thanks Paul

Solax Power   DM

Dear customer, If you have any problems using Solax products, please feel free to call Solax Customer Service on 1300476529 or send an email to support@solax.zohodesk.com.

Richard wilce
Richard wilce

Hi my triple power lithium ion battery is flashing red and it trips the double pole switch, any information on Causes?? Thanks

Kevin H.
Kevin H.

I have a Solax X1 installed with a 5.5kw panel connected but during the high production periods (eg 3-5kw) it becomes very hot to touch.? I have been informed that an internal fan should cut in to cool unit down but this does not seem to be happening. I’m worried about it catching fire. What should I do?

Tom H.
Tom H.

Hi,
What are the factory times in the charge discharge periods?
Solax X1 Hybrid
Cheers.
Tom.

George B.
George B.

We have a SolaX Triple Power battery as part of our Solar System that was installed in 2019. I read in todays Herald Sun Newspaper that LG batteries are being recalled because they pose a safety threat to consumers. The article also states that SolaX Triple , Opal & several other battery types are also on the recall list. Are you able to advise whether my SolaX Model T-Bat H 5.8 is one that is also on the list for recall?

Solax Power   DM

Hi George, short answer is no. However, we are now concerning about the statement published by Herald Sun Newspaper, which may mislead consumers to totally different products. They shouldn't mention any keyword like "Triple" or "Triple Power". We use LG Chem batteries in an old product called Power Station, and now recalling those ones that contain LG Chem batteries.

On the other hand, Solax Triple Power batteries are totally different products in this case, and nothing relate to this recall. We highly recommend you to check ACCC recall notice as official references of this recall case.

Please feel free to contact us if you have further concerns.

Rob A.
Rob A.

I had a solax system installed about two weeks ago. Has been working fine but yesterday all historical data has been lost. It is still reading and logging live data. Has it somehow reset itself and wiped its memory?

Solax Power   DM

If you have any problems using Solax products, please feel free to call Solax Customer Service at 1300476529 or send an email to support@solax.zohodesk.com.

june w
june w

Hi My Solax going through menu doesn't seem to be putting into the grid? When I go to feed in energy today. 0.0kwh yet when to go to inverter yeild=
Today: 24.7 kWh??.

hugo c.
hugo c.

Hi i've the X1-Hybrid-G3 + battery pack installed. The cloud system is always stating i need power from the grid that is not correct. I've a meter installed that shows i'm injecting power in the grid. Also the self use for the battery doesn't work due to this problem. What might be the problem? Thanks

Solax Power   DM

At the same time, you can also leave your contact information here, so we can also contact you directly to solve the problem.

This D.

Hi there, I have a Solax SK-TL5000E inverter with wifi antenna which I'm unable to connect to. It doesnt seem to be transmitting a signal, and the wifi light on front panel isnt lit up anymore. An IP scan doesnt show anything either. Could this be a hardware issue?
Regards
Shane.

Sonja S
Sonja S

How long have you had yours for? Mine lasted a month. Solax blamed it on incorrect installation which caused it to break. Can’t be fixed. Lost all my money on this. Hope this doesn’t happen to you.

This D.

Hi there, the unit is 5 years old, and is still working fine except for the wifi component. I believe it to be the wifi circuit board which I'm following up.

al B.
al B.

Is the battery capacity reading in the solax monitoring real? why my 48V 270Ah battery read 98% -56v+, but 30 min before sunset when is less sunlight, my battery it will read 46% 52v+,

Damian D.
Damian D.

I have ACIOM fault codes stopping system regularly and the power is going up and down all the time not producing as well as last year

Chris W.
Chris W.

Can you please tell me way my solar inverter is humming its head if ????? The sound is that annoying that we can not set around it . ????

Greg

I also have a Lost Grid fault, is this going to fix itself or do I have to call the installer?

Greg

A followup to my own enquiry, the mains power flicked off and on again a day or so ago, on investigation I found the circuit breaker for the solar power in the fuse box had flicked off, I switched it on again and now all is good, something else to remember to check with our dodgy ausnet power network.

philp

Is it normal for the Solax Inverter/wi-fi stick to require resetting up (from a PC/laptop) after every mains outage - an increasingly common problem here, it seems. The Inverter recovers itself and produces power, but the Cloud monitoring ceases until I can visit site and reset? Install= Solax 3.6kW X1 from 2019 with Wi-fi extended via BT mains-borne to barn and Solax unit 6-8 ft away from extender remote unit.

Eastwest101
Eastwest101

No its not normal, my 2018 model X1 wi-fi connection must have had a few power suplpy interruptions by now but I have never had to reinstall the local monitoring for PC, maybe your issue is more of an internet/cloud issue?

philp

Hi, EW101, Thanks , You will be pleased to know that Solax tech team were extremely prompt in replying and then fixing S/w update for wifi dongle ( minutes in total- emails added time to react on my part) and since then logging to cloud has stayed up - yet to have a major outage but only time till local long-line pole network here in the Welsh mountains has a trip-fault/lightning strike. ATB for 2022, Phil P

Get an answer from our members and Solax Power representatives