Specsavers Questions & Answers

387 questions from our users

JimmyJ

JimmyJasked

Specsavers

How long does a refund take?

Roby B.

Roby B.asked

Specsavers

I’m surprised that when I went into spec savers to have a broken arm on my glasses repaired they couldn’t offer the original arm but a non matching one. Surely this a spare part that should be easily obtainable

Patricia Beard

Patricia Beardasked

Specsavers

The thread attaching one arm of my glasses has already worn away after only 5 months, can I get replacement frames?

Ann

Annasked

Specsavers Retail Stores

I ordered a 2 for 1 deal and am not happy with 1 pair. Can I get a Freud on these?

James W.
James W.

Dear Ann, if you received a 2 for1 deal there can be no refund to my thinking, however I am sure that they would be happy to fix or exchange the second pair, I suggest you go back to the store and talk to them.

ingrid

ingridasked

Specsavers

Just wanted to know if I get glasses that says 2 pairs for $199 do I het get 2 sets on what I paid for? this was not explained at all.

Sore Neck
Sore Neck

Two pairs for $199 are exactly what you pay for. But it only includes single vision lenses. So for example you could have one for long vision and one for short vision. Tints are also included. Choosing frames online gives you a wider choice.

Ms Spinster
Ms Spinster

$199 covers the glasses. I paid an extra $70 each pair for anti glare. I used After Pay which was great. Money well spent. I love them.

Marie W.

Marie W.asked

Specsavers

I recently got my new glasses (a little over a week ago) and the lens seems to have cracked or scratched (I paid for the uc superclean) can i take them back for repair with no add cost to me?

Donna
Donna

Mine are only 4 weeks old I’ve looled after them but they have scratches on them taking them back today I’m devastated

Ann W.

Ann W.asked

Specsavers

Am I able to enter store to request a repair?

Ann W.

Ann W.asked

Specsavers

Sat on my glasses twisted frame do I need to make app to enter shop for repairs?

Gollyasked

Specsavers

If there is a 3 week delay in supplying prescription glasses (apparently due to covid), wouldn't it be polite and up-front to inform customers of this delay prior to selling them glasses and taking their money?

Golly

My question had nothing to do with your gripe 'Bob s' and I'm not sure why you responded to my question. My question was about my own recent experience. Hopefully, the moderator will delete your answer from my question as it makes no sense!

Jadam
Jadam

No, because Specsavers couldn't care less what you think. They have your money and know you will have to wait.

Golly

Duh! You have just stated the bleeding obvious 'Jadam'. I was hoping for an answer from Specsavers.

Lis

Lisasked

Specsavers

I bought 2 pairs of reading glasses. The optometrist said my script is the same as last visit but if I wanted to rest my eyes a little more he could make a stronger script which I agreed on (tested the lens). But since getting them and having them a week, they are too strong. Can I return them and go back to original script?

Paul
Paul

100% yes. If you have been sold a product that is unfit for use, then under Australian consumer law you are entitled to have this rectified. Personally, I've found Spec-savers Optometrists to be far less educated than other business' that offer the same service, very sub par and I would never use them again, I still have lenses Im not happy with but didn't want to go back there so they sit on my cupboard shelf waiting to have lenses replaced by another firm later this year. There is nothing to save with this company, you will pay more in the end.

Maggie Gasked

Specsavers

My new sunglasses came without nose pads and they are constantly slipping down my nose. I need them for driving. Is it possible to have notepad s fitted?

Mick T
Mick T

Take them back get them to fit them them which their obligated to do then wipe spec savers like a dirty bum go to a real optometrist

Julie M

Julie Masked

Specsavers

My new glasses are awesome for computer work and reading. But I only seem to have a very small part in the centre of the glasses that is awesome. The peripheral vision is blurry and I have to keep turning my head to bring everything into focus, instead of turning my eyes left to right? I don't believe that any amount of adjusting will rectify this as the lenses seem to be only set for a very small section in the middle. Is this acceptable as my previous pair from a different supplier never had this issue. I am wondering if spec savers use a cheaper type of lense?

Nadine H
Nadine H

Are you still having this problem? I do too. I bought the elite lens hoping to avoid it but my focus area is so small I would hate to see how small a cheaper pair would have been.

Tracey E.

Tracey E.asked

Specsavers

Lense has come out of its frame can specsavers repair it?

Joseph S.

Joseph S.asked

Specsavers

Hi I recently bought a pair of glasses from specsavers griffith I am not happy with the glasses I went back to store and told them
I also asked for a refund as i was told if im not happy with them i can the lady told me to get used to them
They are blury and they make me dizzy how do i go about getting a refund
Thankyou

steve
steve

demand it it states so in their terms and conditions full refund if not completely satisfied

Dorothy
Dorothy

You have to insist. Its not acceptable that u have to try 'get use to the glasses'. If its not right, its not right.

candyshoppe
candyshoppe

It can take a day or two to get used to new glasses, but sometimes optometrists get it wrong. If you can see out of the bottom or top part of the lens but not the middle that's something you should tell them. If you aren t having any luck with Griffith you might try another outlet. Good luck.

Kevin D.

Kevin D.asked

Specsavers

My nose pad broke, if I take it on to a store can it be fixed?

jayaus
jayaus

Yes, they can tell if it’s one of their frames...so free and ask for silicone ones there nicer on your nose. Otherwise they may ask for a small amount for the nose guards.

Cath

Cathasked

Specsavers

Hi I picked up my glasses yesterday and I don't like the way they look on me can I get a refund?

SST
SST

Hi Cath
I don't think I'm qualified to give you advice on this.
You may like to search consumers guarantee online for reference.
Hope this helps .

Jade H.asked

Specsavers

The screw fell out of one of my glasses arms- is it free to get a new screw? or do I have to pay for a new frame?

Julie

I was able to give Specsaver the screw that fell out of the arm (surprised myself finding such a small thing on the floor) so not able to answer you quer... suggest you contact them but suspect they would have lots of spare parts like your missing screw.

Alaa Albeiruti

Alaa Albeirutiasked

Specsavers

Where I can get medical exam done for RTA? I’m living in Horningsea park Sydney 2171 Thanks

Jodie

Jodieasked

Specsavers

If I've had my frames replaced under warranty and still causing an issue. Can you get them replaced again if causing an ongoing issue?

Faith

Faithasked

Specsavers

If I loose a pair of glasses within my warranty do I get a replacement

hardinlaw
hardinlaw

I am not in the position to give a definitive answer, I would suggest that it would be very highly improbable that the spec savers warranty would provide for such a term. As to the Australian Consumer Law, I can say confidently that the loss would not be covered. Such a loss would seem to be entirely beyond the responsibility of the seller or manufacturer unless it was a defect in the product that caused the loss.

Get an answer from our members and Specsavers representatives

Other Optical Retailers