10SsangYong Rexton

SsangYong Rexton Questions & Answers

Jill W.
Jill W. · Rexton Y400 Ultimate (2018-2024)

I am considering buying the Rexton Ultimate 2024 and i would like to know how they handle a 19 to 20 foot caravan.

Daniel Ferguson
Daniel Ferguson

Personally I wouldn't tow a van over 2700kg with a Rexton. I think the 3500 kg is a big ask for the size of the motor and tranmission. 19/20 is not an issue as long as the weight is around the 2700kg mark. I'm a diesel mechanic by trade and a bit old school, so some might say my opinion is a bit conservative. Tread your own path. Cheers

Son V.
Son V. · Rexton Y200 II / Y285 II RX270 Sports Automatic (2006-2008)

I have a 2007 SsangYong Rexton RX270 Sports Auto 4x4 MY07. There is a periodic issue where the amber 4WD low and red 4WD check lights illuminate on dash and the car won't shift out of low gear. The only solution is to turn ignition on and off again until it chooses to shift into normal gear (with no error lights). It mostly happens when the weather temperature is hot.

Nathan H.
Nathan H. · Rexton

Anyone solved the C300 head unit reboot issue? Put ours in to be fixed and the whole system crashed so they replaced the whole head unit, only to find the car now shows on an angle on screen (skewed to the right) for the reversing cameras (makes reversing anywhere very confusing). Also the C300 reboot still intermittent issue. Getting nowhere with Ssangyong on fixing it and have gone silent. Have the Y400 Ultimate 2023

Mark Y.
Mark Y. · Rexton

why no low range in the xvt rexton

Philip Q.
Philip Q. · Rexton

How can I tell when I need ad blue

Kym B.
Kym B. · Rexton Y400 (2018-2024)

2023 Rexton. Only 2970 klm. And has to have the steering rack and pump replaced. I know it’s under warranty but this should happen on a brand new car hey.???

Graeme C. · Rexton

HI all, I am curious if anyone is towing a 2.5tonne caravan with the current model Rexton. My concern is, will the 2.2L engine handle the load up hills etc. Our current vehicle is a 3L engine.
Graeme

James G.
James G.

Many buy the Rexton due to the 3.5t tow capacity, myself included. You will find on paper the specs appear lower than some competitors but in reality the engine/gearbox combination makes up for it. Great tow vehicle, you will have no problems on hills.

Graeme C.

Thank you James, that has helped my decision.

I A.
I A. · Rexton Y400 (2018-2024)

Hi, I purchased Rexton last year in July 2022 (9months old), 2 months later I started to notice a slight ticking noise form the tailgate which over time now has increased to a bit of rattle + popping/thigging noise and appears on uneven surface when car flexes and on sharp turns and round abouts, I took this to the dealership twice and was told that the "car is flexing" ?!!!- never heard this in my entire life as I'm 48year old and have owned several SUV's.

Any one experience this annoying noise then please share this so we can refer to SsangYong to fix.

Couple of days ago, I washed my car and realized that the tailgate is not aligned properly as I could see clearly that there's more Gap on left side of the tailgate then the other side and apparently the gate is leaning more on one side (driver side) possibly causing stress on the hinges or on some other parts and creating all sort of noises?? not sure.

it 's definitely a Manufacturer Fault.

if any one can assist with this please?

Many Thanks in advance.

Alec

Kaz
Kaz · Rexton Y200 II / Y285 II (2006-2012)

Hi my Rexton 2005 model had engine light coming on and the temp gauge would go straight up to high.The engine would not be overheated.Would wait a few minutes and start car.Temp guage would go down to normal range .Engine light would go off.We eventually had to replace fuel injector.For the last 4 months car has been going great.Last week the engjne light has started coming on and then going off.The temp guage is normal.We now have the car engine turning over but nothing happens.If we leave it for up to 20 mins the car will start with no issue.Would appreciate any help on this puzzling problem.Thankyou Kaz

羅 尼.
羅 尼. · Rexton

The Sanyong Rexton 2022-2023 I like this car. I live in Taiwan, But a few users of this brand. Any problem on this car looks like a build-like tank. May have your opinion from an old and new user of Rexton 2021-2023?

Anthony Farrugia
Anthony Farrugia · Rexton

Hi, Im thinking to buy the 2023 Rexton ultimate but don't want a 7-seater.
Has anyone removed the last row of seats? is it worth it? how does it look?,
Regards Tony

Declan T.
Declan T. · Rexton

I have a 2005 2.7 rexton jeep it got a burst brake pipe and the system emptied.
Got the pipe replaced and 2 different mechanics have tried to get the pressure back on the brakes and cant.
They have bleed them but cant build pressure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Perry M.
Perry M. · Rexton

I have a 2006 SsangYong Rexton. What happens is when I accelerate it loses power RPMS dop go up but no power. The Check engine light comes on. When I stop and restart the Check Engine light is off. It starts and runs great. Until I drive and try to accelerate.

Daniel M.
Daniel M.

Bump I'm currently having the same problem

Frank
Frank · Rexton

My parking sensors will not activate when slowing down to less than 10kph. All other situations, ie start up, selecting reverse, drive when starting a trip they work well. Any fix ? dealer says they do'nt know ??2020 Rexton . Thanks

tanyainnz
tanyainnz · Rexton

Hicheck on what is it?

Gary C.
Gary C. · Rexton

2005 rexton transmission blows oil out of breather does anyone know why

Andrin A.
Andrin A. · Rexton

Please I like to know if this model of Sangyong 2010 Rexton automatic transmission, a diesel engine 270 xdi, got a transmission switch sensor, and where is it located?

Ks N.
Ks N. · Rexton

0pd light on dash board what to do immediately

Lord Simon j.
Lord Simon j. · Rexton

Hi,Does anyone know the torque setting for the front right axle nut in the hub housing for a 2012 rexton please

Imtiaz K.
Imtiaz K. · Rexton Y200 / Y220 (2003-2006)

Hi brothers
My car ssangyong rexton model 2005 is running only in one gear for the last two weeks and doesn't shift the gear. Please some body advise me?

Get an answer from our members and SsangYong representatives

Select a listing for your question
SsangYong Rexton