Stayz

Stayz Questions & Answers

31 questions from our users

Goat

Goatasked

What is the time frame before details are given on address and entry into a property.

Caron Somers
Caron Somers

You do not receive the detail until after you have paid. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH STAYZ they do not take any responsibility for accessing that the details of their advertisements are true.

Maddy K.

Maddy K.asked

Hello, the accomodation I booked says sleeps 12 and maximum guests are 12 so we book. Later on we read in the fine print maximum 8 guests... why can they do this? What are my rights will I get my money back? They’ve taken the service fee

Cat T

Cat Tasked

My question is not as big a loss as others, however, if staying in a house that offers a bbq facility, should I be out of pocket $40 filling up the gas bottle after one use and subsequently only one after that refill? I have the receipt and have asked the owner directly if they will credit me back and I have not heard from her. We paid top dollar for the house compared to others in the area.

Chris2323

I would keep on asking. That gas refill should surely be covered in the cost of the stay seeing as they advertise it has a bbq! The amount of money isn't the issue here, it wouldn't matter if it were only $5:00 it should be covered. I would have thought that two cylinders minimum would be kept at the property so one is always full. All the best with your claim. I'm like a ferret on a rat with things like this, keep badgering them. Good luck.

ashley c.

ashley c.asked

Hey there!
I’ve booked an apartment thru stayz back in feb for my sisters hen weekend trip on September. Now due to covid. Border closing and Jetstar flights cancelled our flights. Owner and Stayz are refusing to give me a refund and only offering my bond back which is amounting to 300$ where total paid is $1008.10
Has anyone else have the same problem? If so what did u do? Need help! Thanks!

Chris2323

That is just wrong anyway you look at it. Through no fault of your own the booking could not go ahead. I would be talking to a lawyer about it over a phone call first and make sure it's "No win no pay" sometimes it only takes one letter to get what you need. All the best with it. C.

Les O

Les Oasked

How do we get our security money refunded?

Sally

With great difficulty! It took me 8 weeks and a zillion phone calls to get my security deposit back!

Crista
Crista

I have cancelled a trip booked for July months earlier due to a moved event and they say not eligible for refund due to owners policy of no refunds. Not impressed

Media

Mediaasked

Hi, I have checked out from a property 14 days ago. The owner was happy but I still haven't received the damage deposit yet. Could any one pls gone me advice?
Thanks,

Bruce
Bruce

Check your bank account/credit card back to the date you originally made the booking. My Stayz refund was in my account statement but back 6 months when I made the booking. I was waiting for the refund to appear on the most recent statement like for AirBnB but it had been paid and I had missed it when I queried it with Stayz.

Ali

Aliasked

Is it safe to provide ID to owner Prior to them approving booking request?

Chris2323

Why would you need to provide ID before actually making a booking? I would be asking that question. All the best.C.

Michelle

Michelleasked

Hi still waiting on a refund from 4.4.2020

JOHN JOLIN
JOHN JOLIN

I have had no response from Stayz. However my bank has stopped payment to them. I expect a response soon .

Lee-Ann W.

Lee-Ann W.asked

Hi just wondering what the maximum amount of deposit a real estate can ask for on a holiday rental?

Chris2323

It used to be 50% but may have changed.

Peter

Peterasked

I have paid and booked a house. How do I get the keys to enter?

Fifi
Fifi

Call them.

Sally

The owner should get in contact with you and let you know. You can message them when you go into your account.

Vicki

Vickiasked

How do you actually contact Stayz to discuss problems? The only phone number I have found says they no longer provide support people to answer it!!

Pam
Pam

thats my problem. There is no customer support that I could find.

Ben B.
Ben B.

1800 662 594

Peter M.

Peter M.asked

If I register my holiday rental house ( luxury) with Stayz web site can my own web site for the house be included in the Stayz promotion

linda vella

linda vellaasked

i have cancelled my booking but what do i do now, will you be charging me my number is ha-f3t3f2 please help me get an answer thanks linda

David Tieck
David Tieck

Good luck. You have to beg to get your money back when THEY cancel. And when they finally agree they still hang onto it for another week before they give it to you.

Ultima

Ultimaasked

Hi I hope someone can help advice. I have recently booked Bencluna house which is half an hour from Byron bay. This accomodation stated That it can accomodate 12 guest Max in the house. I looked for extra cleaning or additional fee and found that it was only Stayz fee I’ve had to include in our daily budget for our group accomodation according to the quote shown in Stayz. So I paid the deposit and I have a screen shot of how much the total is for the two nights plus the stayz fee and the 1000 security deposit fee.The reciept clearly showed the total as well as the dates of when I need to pay for the balance.

Three weeks later just a week before our final payment, the owner sent me an email and receipt stating that I need
To pay more money: $640 which includes $400 cleaning fees for the two nights plus an extra $240 for the cabin situated outside the house since we have 12 guest. He wanted us to pay on that day.
I spoke to the Stayz customer service to help us out with our rights regarding hidden fees applied after our booking and I’ve emailed the owner regarding this.

Owner has replied that additional cabin is required bec the house can only accommodate 10 and cleaning fees are also stated on the description bec the house is big.

My question is:
What are my rights? Is it fair that owners can just add additional fees after quote/paid deposit?
I understand about cleaning fees and other additional fees that owners require but then Shouldn’t these extra fees be reflected on the quote /receipt upon booking? and not after I’ve paid?

We have a budget to work with for how many people and how many days. I’ve had to liaise to so many to make sure that our budget works with the accomodation booked. Now that the owner has sprung this on us I would have to find another accomodation with less than two months to go!

Ultima

Ultimaasked

My question is:

Helen Heley

Helen Heleyasked

I’m disputing money I paid for a nights accommodation. I didn’t spend the night there due to access to the property & subsequent other issues with the owner. I’m asking for a partial refund as I had to find last minute accommodation & that cost me extra. The owner has been calling/texting me with harassment from others. Please advise!

Michelle

Michelleasked

Can anyone tell me how I search for my property I have been looking for ages and cant find it....feeling frustrated

Maxine

Maxineasked

My daughter booked a house on the Central Coast a few months ago and Stayz took out their fees. But she then found out that a $800 deposit had been taken as well, with no approval requested.
When she contacted Stayz, she was told the house was through a Real Estate agent, so she contacted them.
They were no help and told her she would only get her money back if the place was rented out for that same time. Stayz site said that her details would not be given to a Third party, but they did. Still trying to get her money back. Would NEVER use Stayz again. Thinking of talking to a Lawyer. Any thoughts?

rodney calhaem
rodney calhaem

it is simply not worth suing for that amount. the only winners here are stayz. they run a monstrous " trust fund" - take the renters money immediately - give it to the owner only when they arrive ( months later often , automatically refund the bond - so if you do not live near by the place can have been trashed) and then hide in a call centre in the Philippines - and then allow both sides to abuse each other. My own view is that this airbnb / stays website format, is, like facebook - it sounded like as good idea at the time and it was for Zuckerberg that is all.

Blackcat123
Blackcat123

Stayz were good some years back but I think they were taken over by a multi nation. I have had no positive experiences lately and will not use them again and would not recommend them. Regarding your deposit I would suggest that you contact Fair Trading and also the owner of the property. Best of luck.

craigwreid1

Stayz is simply a marketing and payment platform. All owners or property managers do things slightly differently. Best to book through a reputable property management company with good reviews and premier partner status than an amateur.

Babs

Babsasked

I want a map view to see where the properties are in relation to the local sites and where my friends live. Stayz used to have this feature but I cannot find it on the website. Without this, the site is near useless. Am I missing something?

craigwreid1

Yes you are. It’s on the page when you search.

Heatherasked

We own & run a successful holiday house rental through Stayz & AirB&B. We’ve got a 4.95 rating & are fastidious in our presentation & transparent in our interactions with guests. Up until this past month we’ve taken 80% of our annual bookings through Stayz.
Recent changes proposed by HomeAway have us concerned as we can’t operate with their proposed terms & poor websites.

Airbnb are OK - but I don’t like their conditions for paying guests.
I’m seeking other options - any suggestions?
Thanks Heather

Ross
Ross

Airbnb is the answer, despite its minor shortcomings.Otherwise it leads the field in commonsense, efficient operation. The transformation from Stayz to HomeAway has been atrociously handled. Why change something which was working, very well, to something completely, confusingly different ? Commercial madness !! It is impossible to operate under HomeAway's terms, conditions, and sub-standard operational methods.

Yogi

Hello Heather. Yes I am finding the transition very clunky and poor indeed although I haven't had a booking through Home Away as yet because of our low ranking and the stuff up with the region with which we work from. Stayz used to be our major provider of bookings but in recent years Booking.com has taken its place. This company is also a little difficult to manage in some respects but does seem to deliver the goods in the long run. I agree with Ross, AIR BNB are probably the most user friendly though our villa is a little above what people might expect to pay in this region. I have contacted Stayz on many occasions since I "upgraded" and they have mildly tried to fix the issue(s). They seem to be in a mess.

Heather

I’m really concerned as bookings from both Stayz & Air have dropped - odd as were usually running at 20 days per month!
Is Booking.com an appropriate site for a ‘single home’? I thought they were more for hotels etc?
What are their fees please?
Cheers