Sumo Energy

Sumo Energy Questions & Answers

Kobus v.
Kobus v. · Electricity

How can I get SUMO to actually read my meter that has never been read and their estimated usage is more than 3MWh more than my actual reading.

Sebastian C.
Sebastian C. · Energy

hey Sumo where can I submit my own meter reading?

OAW
OAW · Electricity

I have tried calling Sumo to cancel my account due to moving and going with another provider. Been on hold for over an hour and a half on all days multiple times so have hung up. Been next caller in que for over an hour. Cannot seem to talk to anyone and the general query option, they refuse to assist.

Miranda P.
Miranda P. · Electricity

The last three days I have been trying to get in touch with sumo to have my utilities disconected as I am moving but after spending a total of 3 hours on hold the past three days I am out of idears on how to proceed can anyone possibly point me in the right direction

Mr Scott Leach
Mr Scott Leach · Energy

I want to install the SUMO APP as I am an exciting customer but I can't seem to do it as I don't have the app & when I try to let Google log me in Google blocks me!

Neil S.
Neil S.

What device are you using?

Wendy Rosowski

I don’t think Sumo have an app

Ring them and ask

Foued nachar
Foued nachar · Energy

If I connect with sumo do you guys contact my old provider to cancel my connection with them
Or does it automatically get switched over

bigted19

I'm not Sumo, but generally they advise your old supplier because the meter needs to be read. I always email or ring my old provider to let them know as a courtesy.

Frances · Electricity

Does Sumo Energy have a referral program?

bigted19

Yes, it does. From memory, $50 for a referral.

Frances

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Frances

Found the referral link on their website:

Frances

Apart from phone number, can I contact Sumo by email or live chat?

Peter · Electricity

I have emailed a detailed account of errors that have been made with my electricity bills since I joined Sumo in September last year. I hope someone does something about the constant mistakes with these bills, thank you, Peter.(I am frustrated at the number of phone calls to Sumo I have had to make).

jojo

It's just frustrating especially when we are loyal and long-term customers, they don't give us the time of day!
To be honest Peter, enough is enough and I have now changed both Elec & Gas from SUMO to Origin Energy after comparing my bills with hers and the cost per kW/usage was up to 40c per kW in my favor which is a considerable amount of money per year! Good luck having SUMO re-assess or resolve the issues that you have encountered, i hope it works out in your favour by them doing the right thing by their Customer, cheers jojo

Peter

I live in hope jojo, no response as yet!

jojo

Hi Peter, any news? I wanted to add some details about SUMO Elec as since changing to another provider "the proof is in the pudding" so to speak and wanted to share this information for everyone to read as I can back it up on paper after receiving my first month's bill from my new provider!
SUMO ELEC - Aug to Sept 2021 - 20.75 kWh usage - $161.52
NEW COMPANY - Aug to Sept 2022 - 20.52 kWh usage - $127.53
That's a difference of $33.99 for one month, same time last year with no change to my Household as you can see by my usage!
Add that up for one year, that's a significant difference and after looking into this issue I now feel totally cheated and ripped off, especially, considering what we have all endured over this past year.
Good Luck Peter and all the best, cheers jojo

Peter

Hi Jojo, no response but I did ring (again) and was told the mistake would be rectified (have heard that before) and thank you for that information. I will complete one year with Sumo at the end of this month and have received varied credits, but to be fair my total cost for the 9.5 months (what I would have paid without those credits) was $460.56. Yes, I do have 21 Solar Panels. Sumo have at last got my Concessions right so I will see how I end up for the complete year. I take your point regarding Origin but all I see with them is a calculation of $1800 a year, far more than I am paying. Thank you for your interest, Peter.

bodo
bodo · Electricity

Does one get "pay on time" rebate on Sumo Freedom in Victoria ?
If yes, how many % ?

Sumo   DM

Good afternoon, please note Sumo offers are very competitive low base rate through Freedom. These rates may be in fact cheaper than the Pay On Time discount plan. If you would like to call the Sumo Service Team on 133 88 60 - we can organise a bill comparison for you. Regards, SUMO 13 88 60

Narelle D.
Narelle D. · Energy

Why don’t you have an app not all people have Facebook page

Anne I.
Anne I. · Electricity

I'd like to know why we received a bill 6007069 account,from sumo. When we change to another electricity company on the 16th of may 2022. Patricia ings 10 heron close coomera 4209.

beebeegee
beebeegee

You would best pose the question to Sumo *and* your state regulator rather than post it on a 3rd party internet forum that has no relationship to and is not actively monitored by Sumo that I can tell - although seems it once was. FWIW a switch only happens after 'the next meter read after transfer' and the related bill if that helps you understand what might be happening.

Matthew G.
Matthew G. · Energy

I was with Origin as I like their app. A telemarketer rang me and told me you are cheaper and you also have an app. I cant find your app for my phone? Do you have one, if you don't I was lied to by said telemarketer rep.

Ian h
Ian h · Energy

I have recently became a pensioner and want to know if there is a further discount available

John
John

So am I but I do not know

Michael W.
Michael W. · Electricity

Contacted by sumo apparently about a electricity rebate is this true or a scam

Sofia
Sofia · Electricity

I need to contact Sumo customer services. Do you have any email address that I can refer to as I am currently overseas? Thank you.

Christine P. · Energy

Do sumo energy give pensioner discount

Tracey Burr
Tracey Burr

Christine P.

Thank you Tracey, is there a link or form to fill out on line to apply for this discount

Malcolm S.
Malcolm S. · Energy

Why do Sumo completley stuff of payments from my bank that has been advised the correct details every month for the last three months, last month when going through this with a SUMO representative by phone where the company took money from an account that I had closed and when transfering Gas and Electricity accounts and payment details when we moved to the current address on the 18th December 2020 and auto deductions from our correct Bank account were just ignored and for one month they got it correct, from then on all I got was messages from SUMO that my Old Bank (had refused payments while sufficient funds were available and still are available in the Correct Bank Account that was advised at the time of Transfer) but NO the BLOCKHEADS at SUMO responsible for accounting could not get it right, even last month upon responding to your accounts I thing was explained once again about the Automatic Deductions for the current GAS account were to come from and that happened for the GAS account and requested that the person I was talking to at SUMO ensured that the Electrical Bills would be deducted from the correct account (not a new account, and she guaranteed that she had made this adjustment I am not sure if just sent an Wmail somewhere) but once again he we go again threats to cut my Power Off when you have not even sent a current Electric account just a text message saying you have been trying to contact me all week ( I don't Know how or where they were trying, but did manage to send me a tect to the Mobile Number I have had for 2 and Half years, and there were no missed call s logged on my only phone service) So once again its just the same old Track record for SUMO stuffing the auto Payments that were agreed with in December 2020 and you can keep trying to recover payments from an account I no longer use for any payments and will not ever put any money into when Dumb people like SUMO and other Auto Payment Companies get it right. Why are we consistently being ignored by DUMB WOKE people who think they can just ignore details of a payment transfer system, fortunatley the are enough efficient companies that can follow simple instructions from their clients, but unfortunatley SUMO does not fit into that catagory of efficient and capable organisations. I am not bothering to chase you back monthly to sort your mistages out, but you don't me to change retailers call me, I am finished calling you and if you cut me off without warning I will take the appropriate action against you with the maximum publicity I can arrange.
Account Number 1218230 Malcolm Sproule Phone 0421894100
Please sort this our within 24 Hours or I will just transfer to a new Retailer as no one could be worse than SUMO

Kazuko n.
Kazuko n. · Energy

Can I use Sumo for only Gas payment ?

James N Raelean M. · Energy

i want to compare my current bill with your offer, but i cant see anywhere you offer this

Sumo   DM

Good Morning James and Raelean, I can give you a call back to ensure you are on our best offer! What was your account number and best contact number? Thanks for reaching out. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Warm Regards, Georgia @ Sumo

James N Raelean M.

i called you guys, but unfortunately you dont offer extra solar feed in on top of the 44 c rebate i already get, origin offer 6 c on top

Sumo   DM

Thanks for getting back to me and letting us know the reason you didn't join us as that helps us improve things for the future. Hopefully we can do something a little better for you one day soon. All the best and warm regards, Georgia @ Sumo

Noel S.
Noel S. · Gas

current amount owing?

Lisa
Lisa

Nil

Get an answer from our members and Sumo representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sumo Energy

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now