Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders

29 questions from our users

AiLien E.

AiLien E.asked

Cafe Series PB9800

Hi, I live in Gympie town, Qld, I bought a sunbeam blender cafe series from Betta electrical shop local, it have 3 years warranty, for home use,now 2 years and leaked badly ,iI toke it to the shop and ask how to fix it,they said that only warranty on the motor,not on the leak.take home and clean up underneath yourself may help.But it can't fixed ,day by day leak more.What can I do please?

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi AiLien E,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Doug Smith

Doug Smithasked

How many blades 4or 6?

Hello Doug Smith,
Please click through the below link to see the details of the PB9800 blades, page 11:

Farahasked

Cafe Series Blenders

Hi we purchased this but the feature under the jug which says rotate to unlock which is to disessemble the blade was completely stuck and wouldn’t budge, we got a replacement and same problem. I really like the blender but no idea why we are not able to unscrew the blade. We asked 2 different people in the shop to try with no luck and my husband wasn’t able either. Is this a common problem with some of the stock?

Lori H
Lori H

I am interested to know the answer to this question. This is our second blender over the years and have always had the same issue. I am really frustrated because we purchased the second one just over 12 months ago and now it is out of warranty. I cannot unscrew it and the jug is leaking everywhere.

Farah

Do you need to unscrew first before rotating to unlock or should it just unlock with rotation?

Peter

Peterasked

Cafe Series Blenders

I have a Sunbeam Cafe Series blender 1200 watt. I need to buy a replacement jug as the handle is separating from the jug body. But I need to know the model number to make sure I buy the right one. Can anyone tell me where I can find the model number on the blender?

Kath d

Kath dasked

Cafe Series Blenders

Looking for replacement jug plus blade lid

Andrew Magee
Andrew Magee

Call Sunbeam, they will recommend a supplier based on your location.

Gary M.

Gary M.asked

Cafe Series Blenders

If the blender is leaking, how do I unscrew it?

Stuart C.

Stuart C.asked

Cafe Series PB9800

Hello, bought the Sunbeam cafe series blender PB9800 a week ago, but today when we try to make our breakfast drink all the lights are flashing. My wife wants to know what I did wrong. Please help before I get killed by my irate wife again.

Cheryl B

Cheryl Basked

Cafe Series PB9800

Do the pre program function lights stay on when not in use but plugged into power outlet or can they be turned off without disconnecting power cord.

Customer CareSunbeam

The lights will remain lit if the blender is plugged into a switched on power source to indicate that the machine has power and that blades will spin when buttons are pushed. Just as a safety precaution, to indicate that the unit is on.

Glenn H.

Glenn H.asked

Cafe Series Blenders

I have this blender but wondering if it's possible to buy a food processor attachment that can fit on this?

Hello Glenn H.
Unfortunately, no there is no food processor attachment for this blender.

Lucia S.

Lucia S.asked

Cafe Series Blenders

SUNBEAM STICK BLENDER ESM100 When I switch the blender on there is a light flashing inside for a bit. Is that normal? It looks a bit scary...

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Lucia S , this does not sound quite right. Please give our team a call on 1300 881 861 to assist you.

Taffy 52asked

Is the O ring in the blade assembly replaceable ? [PB9800]

Hi Taffy 52,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. The 'O' ring in the blade assembly is not a separate part. It is with the whole blade. The part number is PB98002. Parts are available from the following online agents - please place the model number in the search engine to see a full list and photos. It pays to check the pricing and compare.
Mr Sparky (QLD) 07 3379 5332

Taffy 52

Thank you for your quick response .Much appreciated .
Brian

Lolly

Lollyasked

Cafe Series PB9800

The lights on my blender have suddenly started flashing and won't turn on. I can't find anything about it in the user manual.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Lolly.It sounds like there may be an issue with the PCB. How old is the machine?

Chiew

Chiewasked

Cafe Series PB9800

Our Sunbeam Cafe Series Blender Motor Coupler metal teeth has broken, as it was made out of plastic. Any idea how to replace it the coupler? I have managed to source a replacement part with metal teeth.

Phil

Philasked

Cafe Series PB9800

Ive found metal freagments in my banana smoothie after making the smoothie with the Sunbeam Cafe Series blender, ive made a U Tube clip documenting the problem. Sunbeam Australia CST doesnt seem to be taking the issue seriously.Has anyone found this to be the case? contact me on [email removed] dated 15/5/2018 , regards Phil

Heidi Casked

Cafe Series PB9800

I absolutely love my Blender - I have had it for a few years now it is makes amazingly smooth soups - it has only just started leaking from underneath and the measuring cup on the top has broken the bits that hold it to the lid. I rang Sunbeam and the lovely lady there is sending me a new measuring cup for free - she put me on to my nearest repairer in Nowra that is 4 hours from us (being in the Country). The lady there was amazingly lovely and sold me a replacement blade yesterday - today it arrived!! I am super impressed with the after sales service and my blender. Even though it is now requiring replacements at least I don’t need to buy an entire new blender. Just not sure how to get this blade out - have never un done it before - seems very stuck!!! Not sure if I am meant to unscrew the little Allen key screw or try to unscrew the big bolt??

Karlee P.
Karlee P.

Did you ever find out how to remove the blade? I'm having the same issue

Heidi C

I did remove the blade - but I can’t remember how sorry. I THINK that I was trying to remove the major part of it but only needed to unscrew or unwind a smaller part of the blade - hope that helps?? If you figure it - write it up lol!! But I do think I was trying to remove the whole blade part but perhaps I did end just using the smaller screw with the Allen key.

Hi Heidi C,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. To resolve this, the blade assembly needs to be replaced. To remove the current blade, please place a towel or matt on the bench top. Place the blender jug up-side-down and turn the large dark locking nut to wind it off. Apply pressure on the bottom of the blade and push it through. It can be stubborn but easy to do.
To purchase the blade assembly - PB98002- Parts are available from the following online agents - please place the model number in the search engine to see a full list and photos. It pays to check the pricing and compare.
Mr Sparky (QLD) 07 3379 5332
Kind regards, Sunbeam

jack

jackasked

Cafe Series PB9800

I Need to change the motor coupling on a pb9800, can find no information on this model to be able to do this?
is there a web site or like that can provide me with this info?
Thanks Jack

George

Georgeasked

Cafe Series Blenders

how to change the blade?

Rick
Rick

Completely unscrew the black disc at the bottom of the jug by hand. Then just firmly push the blade assembly up from the bottom into the jug. You then just replace it with the new blade assembly and screw the black disc back on. No tools required!

Anita

Anitaasked

Cafe Series Blenders

Is the sunbeam café series 1200w model decent?

ineedofsleep
ineedofsleep

It is....the only "fault" which many others have experienced is the blade comes loose whilst blending....leaking the fluids out...although this seem to have been rectified with the new blade assembly that was sent to me.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Dear Anita,
Thank you for contacting us.
Please call our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance with your product.
Kind Regards

joellen

joellenasked

Cafe Series PB9800

My blender is only fairly new only made a few smoothies in it and now the locking nut is stuck to the top of the blender! Have removed the blade and jug but the other part will not come off! And it means the jug doesnt fit on properly now and leaks out everywhere! How do i get it off? I dont have the receipt :(

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Jo-ellen,

I do apologise for the experience you have had with the Sunbeam PB9800. Please give our Customer Care team a call on 1300 881 861 and one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist. As the manufacture, we can also still help you out without the receipt depending on the date of manufacturing.

Kind Regards

stephanie.m

stephanie.masked

Cafe Series PB9800

For those who had the rust liquid leaking, does Sunbeam provide replacement parts if it's just out of warranty? I bought mine just over 12 months ago (in Jan 2014) and have never cleaned the blender in the dishwasher.

danvantariweb
danvantariweb

Here is Australia the part is not in stock so various places I have tried to buy it all contacted me to say it would not be available from Sunbeam for weeks.

I very much doubt they will replace the blade assembly under warranty.
It costs about $60 to get a new one from them when they have it.

It is definitely the blade assembly that leaks from its bearings under the jug -
though at first I thought it was coming out of the motor.

I have upgraded to a real blender http://www.froothie.com.au/store/froothie-blenders/optimum-9400
Good luck.

Michael
Michael

I doubt it. Cost Sunbeam too much. They should have put better parts in it in the first place, especially considering the cost.

CasQ
CasQ

I had the same problem, bought a red PB9800 in 2013, about a year ago it started leaking oil as described by others on this page. I rang Sunbeam, they wouldn't give me a new one as my blender was out of warranty. Why don't we all try a class action, if we all contact Sunbeam complaining about the $200 Blender that leaks oil after a year of use, they will have to do something about it.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders