Travel Online Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by Travel Online

45 questions from our users

Micah B.
Micah B.asked

Booked a family holiday to Fiji for September 2020 with Fiji airways and after Covid we were told we could not get a refund but that they would hold the amount in credit, we rebooked and were told we needed to pay more money even though the flights were now cheaper due to our youngest no longer being an infant. paid the extra money and then covid continued and same thing happened again. We are now wanting to rebook and even though flights are half the price we originally paid so our credit is over $3000 what the flights are currently worth I am being told I still need to pay and EXTRA $200 to rebook due to taxes?
I have over $6000 in credits, flights are worth $2836 but I somehow still have to pay extra? Can someone help me pursue a refund as I can no longer continue with this trip!
REF No. TOCS301978 | Flight Credit

Hi Micah,

I can see you have been in touch with Marleen and Liam in our reservations team. As explained by them, your credits are being held by Fiji Airways, not us. Unfortunately this means we are governed by their terms and conditions and at this stage they are not issuing refunds.

As mentioned, the price increases are due to your youngest child no longer being classified as an infant as well as tax increases levied by Fiji Airways. Again, these prices are out of our control and we have no bearing on them or ability to control them.

We understand that the process of booking, cancellation, rebooking and subsequent cancellations can be a bit confusing and along with the flight credit breakdown that Marleen sent you back in February, we'd be happy to help you navigate the rebooking process to ensure you get the best outcome.

Our customers with credits on file are at the top of our list and now that travel to Fiji is finally back on the table we want to help you take advantage of the great deals on offer and book in your preferred dates before rooms sell out. Our trained consultants are experienced in dealing with these difficult times and will be able to update you with the latest information and pricing from the airline so your best bet is to contact your consultant.

We appreciate this has been a very difficult time and look forward to helping your family to book an amazing holiday to Fiji after waiting for so long!

Margaret_Barrett
Margaret_Barrettasked

I would like to know why it is taking you 61/2 month to refund the airline fares which you cancelled because of the covid you were very quick to take the money, 180days for the airline and then 12 week for you to refund WHY???????? Do I need to go to the ombudsman. I need some answers. When I asked for the refund you said 10 week now you tell me more

Hi Margaret,

We'd certainly be happy to follow this up for you and find out exactly what is happening with your refund. Can you please provide your TOCS reference number so that we can locate your booking in the system and give you an update?

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi Margaret, I passed your concerns on to our Reservations Manager who was able to locate your booking in our system. I believe she has since reached out to you to update you on the status of your refund. The airline has refunded your airfares way ahead of schedule which is great news! We received your refund request on the 7th of August and are very pleased to report that we received the funds back from the airline on the 28th of September, far ahead of the 180 days the airline had originally told us it would take. Upon receipt of these funds you were immediately added to our refund queue which has an approximate 12 week turn around due to the extremely high volumes of refunds that our accounts department is currently processing. You may receive your funds sooner than this, but we like to give our customers the most realistic timeframes in order to avoid disappointment. We understand this is frustrating, however we appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. Our team is doing their best to assist all customers as quickly as possible.

John N.
John N.asked

Where is my refund. P&O say it has been paid. Why haven't I received it? John Nielsen Ref TOCS289736

Hi John,

I believe your consultant Fiona has reached out to you today to give you an update on this.

Please check your emails for correspondence from her regarding your refund.

Kind Regards,

TravelOnline Team

Louise D
Louise Dasked

Are Travel online going to honour Qantas re booking and Marriot cancellation policy. Ie due to travel to Hawaii but due to quarantines cannot travel. Qantas says no cost changes and Marriot can get full refunds up to 24 hours ahead. Is this going to be an exhausting and arduous task, at minimum cost or are you still going to folllow your less than 45 day out refund.

TravelOnline C.Travel Online

As I'm sure you can appreciate this situation is changing very rapidly and we are doing our best to keep up with it all and help as many people out as we can. Previously we were bound by the terms of the airlines and hotels however over the weekend the airlines announced they will relax their change or cancellation policies and we are happy to pass that same flexibility on to you. I encourage you to contact your consultant again so that we can assist you based on these new developments.

Kym P.
Kym P.asked

Can u pay holidays off?

TravelOnline C.Travel Online

Hi Kym, we have a few different payment options. You can find more information about them here: https://www.travelonline.com/payment-options

Neil L.
Neil L.

Yes you can with HSBC Card 12 Months Interest Free

Princesssassyxox
Princesssassyxoxasked

I have a $100 voucher for travelonline.com and want to use it to stay at a hotel in my city but at checkout there's no option to input a voucher or gift card. Please help.

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi There, Please contact our reservations team on 1300 883 887 and they will be able to assist you with your booking.

Josephine E.
Josephine E.asked

I would like to tour Australia

Josephine E.
Josephine E.asked

Do you do tours of Australia

Sandra Pasked

When visiting Patong which is the best hotel to book and which is the best time of year to travel.
I am in my 60’s and love very good accom.andservice when on holidays,

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi Sandra, November to February is the best time to visit Patong weather-wise as it is relatively mild and sunny with humidity levels dropping and temperatures cooling from the North East breeze. However flights and accommodation tend to be more expensive from November to February due to the favourable weather conditions over the holiday 'high' season. The low season generally occurs between March (After Chinese New Year) and October where flights and accommodation are much cheaper.

In terms of where to say, we would recommend either Patong Merlin Hotel or Burasari Phuket. Both are located quite close to each other. Patong Merlin is very popular with the Australian market and is a larger resort but is not located on a hill like some other resorts in Patong, making it easy to get around. Burasari is another great option but is a smaller, more boutique property that offers a more intimate experience. It is also quite a flat property and smaller, so very easy to get around.

If you'd like anymore advice or would like assistance in quoting and booking your holiday please give us a call on 1300 883 887 and one of our friendly consultants will be able to help.

Ash
Ashasked

hi all, thinking of booking a Holliday package to Bali. I want to know once I've payed for the Holliday (in full) including flights and accommodation at the quoted price, will I have to pay more if the prices go up on any of the flights or acomadation? or once I've payed for it, thats it? cheers

Melissa H.
Melissa H.

Once I had paid that was it!

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi Ash, Once your booking is confirmed and paid that is it there are no extra hidden fees or price increases.

Crystal
Crystal

Don’t go with this company, they don’t give back your deposit if you cancel with them.

Trunk
Trunkasked

Is worldaway as safe travel site

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi there, Worldaway is actually a competitor of ours so we are unable to comment on their reputation. We are able to assist you with booking your holiday and would be happy to help. Feel free to give us a call on 1300 883 887 or email info@travelonline.com

Marion
Marionasked

I am travelling on the Majestic Princess Nov.2019. Departing Sydney - NZ return. What are the gratitude arrangements and also wifi arrangements? Thank you.

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Princess Cruises while sailing in Australian waters or to/from an Australian port have Gratuities included in the upfront price as we do not have a tipping culture here in Australia so you will not get a bill for these at the end of your cruise. As always if you come across some exceptional service and would like to show your gratitude you may definitely do so at your own discretion.

There is a 24-hour internet cafe onboard and shipwide wireless internet available onboard Princess Cruises. Fees are by the minute, and vary according to packages purchased. If you choose to purchase by the minute, rates are much more expensive. Internet access is charged at $0.79 per minute, $69 for 120 minutes, $99 for 240 minutes, $159 for 460 minutes or $199 for 680 minutes.

Princess Cruises offers three different packages in Australia. Social costs $14.99 per day and allows access to the most popular social websites and applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Also includes WeChat and WhatsApp. The Social Package should be purchased for printing airline boarding passes. Surf costs $24.99 per day and includes the Social Package plus generic browsing sites, email, news, finance, sports and more. Premium costs $29.99 per day and includes Surf Package plus video streaming including YouTube and Skype.

However please note that ship internet access is not guaranteed at all times due to the nature of satellite communications, which are subject to itinerary and possible disruption from weather patterns and various obstructions. Also, internet access via satellite is significantly slower than high-speed connections on shore.

WiFi at sea can be unreliable and also very expensive. Although you maybe able to connect you may not always be able to browse. We definitely recommend buying a package as this is the more economical choice.

Sarah L
Sarah Lasked

The quote price... is that the full price including flights or is the flights more money

ana
anaasked

Can i used paypal for paying my tickets?

TravelOnline M.Travel Online

Hi Ana, Yes you can use your PayPal Account to pay for your holiday. This option is part of our ZERO fees policy and is fee free. You can find more information on this payment method as well as our other payment options here https://www.travelonline.com/payment-options

Cyprus1965
Cyprus1965asked

Can you please contact me to discuss my holiday needs. thanks Rob

Allen Lasked

Are tours to China available with Wendy Wu Tours Inc. for people living in the USA?

dij123
dij123

We are in Perth, Western Australia. We used China Spree based in America. Took a huge gamble as no-one over here had heard of them. Everything was completed online. Fantastic, well organised trip with not one hiccup and we had a ball. We have just returned from Japan with another small tour group and our dedicated tour leader informed us that Wendy Wu is not the way to go.

Allen L

What was the reason for his/her comment on Wendy Wu.

anna
annaasked

can i just do a booking for a hotel in perth? i live in Perth

Omo
Omoasked

How do I process Check-in?

Wilfan F
Wilfan Fasked

how much from brisbane to medan on 20.12. 18 to 20.1. 19?

Bruce
Bruceasked

Just a query, How long after paying for a trip, do your vouchers arrive?

Get an answer from our members and Travel Online representatives