U Blinds Australia Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Ray Malligan

Ray Malliganasked

Shutters ordered & 50% deposit paid on March 18, 2020 for our apartment on Chevron Island. Rep Kerry Knight said Shutters were in stock but in containers & expected installation in 6-8 weeks. 4 weeks already gone bye & we have been unable to contact anyone to get an update. Please respond

Deb McDiarmid

Deb McDiarmidasked

Do you deliver to Cairns Queensland?

Fired Up

I would contact them for an immediate answer obviously

WGoldberg
WGoldberg

Their number: 1300 303 391

Alan Cooper

Alan Cooperasked

I have a quote from your Brisbane office NS125790. I would like someone to write to me on email as i'm travelling and have no phone, regarding setting up an instalment date. Nigel was the guy I dealt with.

Regards Alan Cooper Carindale 4152

Fired Up

Why use a Review site rather than contacting them directly?

Terence O.

Terence O.asked

Is installation and removal of old blinds included in the cost?

U BlindsU Blinds Australia

Hi Terence, this is discussed with your consultant at point of sale. It is normally not included however if this is a requirement we will be able to assist.

Penny
Penny

Hi Terence, I'm not too sure as we had curtains. If you are in Melbourne I recommend you contact Paulo. He also can give you a quote. His contact is 0409466459

Mackaasked

Recently have had quotes for Urban Shutters for entire home (Forest Lake Brisbane), the wife was told over phone by "Lara" that we didn't have to pay the 50% balance until after install was completed and happy with job. Now after reading some extremely concerning reviews above regarding this and reading the T&C's on back of the quote am concerned with the comment by the sales rep. I also have a question - does quote include take-down / removal of existing vertical system currently have? please advise.

Seems next Tuesday Lara visiting and I will home and asking all questions I require before any signing over any monies etc. I know full payment prior to any completed install is extremely dangerous as a consumer and I am no different in this case, but will wait and see.

U BlindsU Blinds Australia

Hi Macka, thanks for asking your questions upfront it is best to get it sorted now. In regard to removals yes they are covered in the quote, you will not be charged any extra.
Yes we require payment immediately prior to installation, however this is when the fitter is at your house with the goods he will ask for payment before commencement. This is common practice in our industry, we can assure you that if you have any queries with the installation all matters will be rectified. If you are really concerned you should pay via credit card as you will be covered should there be any issue, this applies to any purchase that that you make for future reference. In regard to the reviews, we install 1000's of products each year with 99% of our customers extremely happy with the end result.

Macka

I have read the above reply and after just now discussing fully payments plan with the sales rep its all sorted out. I will review once all completed.

Reddy

Reddyasked

Got Ants and Spider pest control done by Termaguard.
The pest control was done through out the property. He informed me not to touch any outside gate or wall as it got poison and before leaving he said he locked the gate. Later I saw the gate was broken. It is due to wind because the gate was not close. Which is always remained closed before. Please help?

mark
mark

sorry i don't think i can help with this question

Anfie

Anfieasked

Hello , received a quote from U Blinds and was thinking to go ahead till I read these reviews. The rep was very helpful and I would need to follow up ....but I'm wanting quality . Please contact me on [personal details removed]

vln
vln

These reviews have stopped me from enquiring about an awning from UBlinds Thankyou all those who posted their experiences. I appreciate avoiding the same stress

Davidasked

Our patio springloaded channel roll-up "Evergreen Drama" blinds were installed last week. Apart from the fact that one blind has been acknowledged as being 'short cut' and arrangements in place to replace with a correctly fitted blind, the question raised is "Should the fabric show signs of 'frilling' on the apparently laser hot cut sides?

Each of the blinds are showing areas on each side of what appears to be fraying, but we have been assured that this is a common occurrence, and that the fabric will continue to 'frill' up. We can provide photographic evidence of this in need.

It would be appreciated if we could have some advice, if only to confirm what we have been told, that is, it is a normal occurrence, and that the fabric itself will not deteriorate or fray along the 'strands'.
Regards,
David.

Cynthia
Cynthia

Sorry David, I don't think I have your type of blind, mine has a sort of hem on the sides, so no filling or fraying

David

Cynthia, thank you for that but I thought I had directed the question directly with U-blinds. Will have to do a bit more research and progress from there.

Carol Garvin

Carol Garvinasked

Did you receive your product?

A F
A F

They are meant to be coming out again in June to re-install the shutters for the third time. It's been months and months of waiting. Do not use them, the quality is poor, the staff are rude and I feel completely ripped off by them. I would never use them again and would never recommend them to anyone. If you google their name lots of people have had bad experiences.

JG
JG

Yes, but very poor installation and it wasn't rectified fully when they returned. I'm not happy at all with the end result! I wouldn't use them again!

MrsC
MrsC

No, but they charged me anyway by pulling up credit card data stored illegally from a previous transaction. My bank refunded the charge, acknowledging it was unauthorized and therefore illegal. Waiting to see if UBlinds now attempt to claim payment from me directly, but I'm not sure if the bank did a chargeback against them or just covered the loss under their insurance policy.

Get an answer from our members and U Blinds Australia representatives