Zenna Mattress

Zenna Mattress Questions & Answers

Queen, King, Single, etc...

34 questions from our users

Daamini K
Daamini Kasked
Mattress

how much would a special size mattress cost . Size is L 188, W 118, H 22-24. Email daamini_kumar@hotmail.com.

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Daamini, thank you for considering our brand. Unfortunately we do not provide for custom made mattresses.

Jacqui G.asked
Mattress

I have read that the materials used are not %100 natural rubber latex used throughout the mattress, is this correct, please?
And if it is untrue do you provide certification, please?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Jacqui, thank you for your enquiry. We can confirm that our product is indeed 100% pure natural latex, please go to our website and click on home, then scroll down till you find the Eco-Institut logo and click on this, the certification for the factory Latexco which manufactures our product in Europe is then provided.

Jacqui G.

Thanks for reply. Also, if I’m normal weight and I choose the softer side of the mattress and only rotate (not flip) it regularly I find it really hard to believe that it will last 10 years. I say this as I’ve had a premium latex mattress for the last 10 years which has been flipped and rotated monthly but it has now just started to sag.
Why do you think your mattress is different, please?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Jacqui, thanks again for the question. Obviously I am unaware as to the level of the sagging of your existing latex mattress. Please go to our website and click on design, then click on key features and scroll down to 10 year guarantee where we outline the tests done together with a most favourable outcome and ISO standards. You are also most welcome to contact us for a discussion on 02 94376172.

Cliff Jackson
Cliff Jacksonasked
Mattress

Hi there, after making a previous regrettable online purchase error, is there any way of seeing, feeling, & laying on the Zenna prior to the purchase point please? I know what I’m after, I just need to feel it first. And I don’t feel the trial period is a convenient purchase strategy, I don’t wish to go through the whole ‘return of purchase’ issue. Regards, Leah.

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Leah, thank you for reaching out. We are an online business and by not having showroom and staffing costs amortised into the price of our product we remain affordable compared to other brick and mortar retailers, to provide peace of mind we offer the trial period. We understand that the trial period may not a convenient strategy for yourself personally but unfortunately with our business model we do not provide showroom facilities. You are most welcome to phone us on 02 94376172 for a discussion to evaluate whether our product would possibly be suitable for you.

Kathyasked
Mattress

If I not happy have any condition for return?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Kathy, thank you for your question. You can return the mattress for any reason if you are dissatisfied, the only condition that we have is that it cannot be returned if damaged by the consumer. We would then refund what was paid less $150 for return shipping and disposal fees.

Marion v.
Marion v.asked
Mattress

I have a bamboo bedframe that fits a mattress size 1750x1950. would you have a latex mattress to fit this bedframe?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Marion, thank you for your enquiry. First of all a mention on bedframe sizes, for example Ikea's offer of queen size options differ. This due to personal requirements such as does the doona cover need to be tucked in or be laying loosely over the bedframe. Also mattress queen dimension specifications vary world wide for example a queen size in Australia officially is 150cmWide x 200cmLong, in South Africa this is 152cmWide x 188cmLong (with the option of 200cmLong) and in Europe 160cmWide x 200cmLong. Mattress manufacturers also allow for what is called a tolerance which means that each and every mattress is not exactly the same as they are hand made, normally this tolerance could be as much as 3cm larger that the specified size.
The size you are describing appears to be a king size and mattresses in Australia typically would be 1830mmWide x 2000mmLong, should your bedframe be an in-sink frame this will fit as they are "squishable" and if not in-sink will still be suitable with a marginal overhang which is acceptable in our industry. In my opinion our king size would be suitable.
Trust this helps and should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Lisa M.
Lisa M.asked
Mattress Queen

Hi, I tend to toss and turn through the night and my current mattress makes it quite difficult. I have osteo arthris in lower back and hip also. So I would like to know if the Zenna is good for my back and hips and if "bouncy" enough to roll comfortably. Thanks Lisa

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Lisa, thank you for your good question. The Zenna mattress is designed with zoning which means that the body curves around the hip and shoulder areas are accommodated so your question as to whether the Zenna is good for one's back and hips the broad answer is yes, as it is made from the sap of a rubber tree it does provide for a "bouncy" feel. I would also point out very importantly that each individual has their own level of comfort and especially where physical issues are present there is no guarantee from any manufacturer that their product will solve all issues. You are most welcome to phone us on 02 94376172 for a more in depth discussion.

Kathyasked
Mattress

If I not happy have any condition for return?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Kathy, good question and we honour our commitment. Should you wish to return the mattress for any reason within the 100 day trial we will arrange a collection and refund you what you paid less $150 for return shipping and disposal costs - we do not re sell used mattresses. It is very rare that we receive a request for a return, the only proviso we have is that the mattress must not be consumer damaged as this is no valid reason in terms of comfort, factory defect obviously is included however we have yet not experienced this avenue.

Kathy

Do you mean return customer pay $150 no any behind cost? I just want to make sure before decide. Of cause no one want to buy big thing like mattress and return it's not fun to do. Thank you anyway for your answer.

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Kathy, only the $150 is deducted from the refund and no other cost.

Sez T.
Sez T.asked
Mattress Queen

Is this a mattress that you can turn over?

Arrgh Choppy
Arrgh Choppy

Yes, even though it is made from a single piece of latex, one side is medium and the other side is firm (sightly firmer). So it can be turned over depending on your desired firmness level :)

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Sez, thank you for your enquiry. The Zenna is designed for a softer feel on one sleeping surface and when flipped over a firmer feel on the second sleeping surface. Once the sleeper has determined which side most suits their level of comfort it would no longer be necessary to turn the mattress over, the mattress would however need to be rotated from head end to foot end say every six months.

Allison Hay
Allison Hayasked
Mattress Queen

I am interested in purchasing a zenna Queen mattress.
What is the cost delivered to Townsville

Regards
Allison Hay

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Allison, thank you for your enquiry. Shipping is free.

bwasp
bwaspasked
Mattress

How do the different zones work with different height people? I am 5 foot 7 and my wife is 5 foot 5.

Is it suitable for kids?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Bwasp, thank you for the enquiry and good question. Zoning for the hip area is quite broad in the middle of the mattress thus should cater for most sleepers and when one's head is on the pillow the shoulder zoning should very much be able to provide its purpose irrespective of the sleepers height. Zoning for children works for younger kids to a small degree but really starts working as their bodies grow into adult form and especially with females as their curves develop. Bear in mind that latex mattresses last 25 - 30 years so a parent is actually buying a mattress for an adult.

Frustratedasked
Mattress King

We would like to buy a king but I have read your king is two singles next to each other? What happens if you sleep in the middle of the bed? You should feel the gap between the mattresses?

Frustrated

I'm not sure why my username says "frustrated" ? please note I did not type that in and am not frustrated with Zenna

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi, thank you for your enquiry and good question.
Our king size consists of two long single latex cores placed next to one another and zipped up in a bamboo cover, this provides for two benefits - one is as the mattresses have a firmer side and a softer side each sleeper can have their own preferred side so sleep on and secondly should you move home the mattress cover can be unzipped and you can carry each individual core conveniently. We have sold many king size mattresses and your question regularly pops up, you should feel no gap or anything different in the middle of the mattress.

not
notasked
Mattress

Hi. Will a zenna mattress cope with a metal bed with metal slats 17.5ish cm apart? If not, what will happen to mattress if you did use it on such slats? (It’s really hard to find an all metal bed that is strong and this one is the only one I could find, but the slats are more than 8 cm apart. Wooden slats are useless because they just get mouldy in humid climates so need a mould free solution ie metal slats. )

Also can you dry steam clean a zenna mattress (hotter dryer steam so less moisture)?

And can you have the queen in two parts as well so it is not as heavy ?

People say latex is hot to sleep on. How hot is the zenna mattress to sleep on?

Roxie
Roxie

I think you should ask Dave at Zenna - he is extremely knowledgeable and trustworthy. I think a metal base and slats would be fine but not sure about spacing. I personally wouldn't dry steam clean the latex - you can wash the bamboo cover. Don't think you can get Queen in 2 halves - you can get a King in 2 parts I suspect. Google your questions or call Zenna direct. You won't get a sales pitch but an education. Roxie

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi, thank you for your enquiry. We recommend that the slats not be further than 8cm apart, you will end up with a mattress having indents where the actual slats are as these will become the load bearing areas.
You can remove and wash the cover, we would not recommend steam cleaning either the cover or the latex itself.
Only the king size comes in two pieces.
Our Latex has an open cell structure and is one of the most breathable sleep products on the market and should not make you hot.
You are most welcome to phone us on 02 94376172 and we will gladly guide you through your concerns.

rosemarie p.asked
Mattress King

I need to replace latex mattress which has lasted us for 12 yrs. original price $6.000. It was extremely comfy. It came with a Mattress base. Am I still able to use base with zenna mattress. Is zenna mattress heavy?

Hi Rosemarie,
Thank you for your enquiry. Our king size Zenna mattress weighs 49kg, you can place latex mattresses on any base although we recommend a slatted base, plain or upholstered with slats ideally not further than 8cm apart - this for breathability. Should your existing base not be faulty then you are good to go and can continue using it.

rosemarie p.

How many days can I keep it before a return if it doesnt suit.

Hi Rosemarie,
We give a 100 day trial from the date you receive your mattress. This does not mean that you have to keep it for 100 days, most folks would know within 3 weeks if the product is unsuitable. We are also very flexible and have had occasions where customers have asked for an extension on the 100 days as they liked the mattress and just wanted a little more time to adjust to the mattress and wanted reassurance from us. It is very seldom that we are requested to return a mattress.

karen m.asked
Mattress King

Can anyone tell me about their experience with partner disturbance? The main reason
Im considering this latex mattress to hopefully eliminate waking up every time my husband turns over.

Hi Karen,
Thank you for a good question.
In our view the most effective products providing for least partner disturbance would be latex, visco elastic memory foam and pocket coil mattresses. I would caution to say be aware that some adverts show a glass of wine on a mattress (without the quilted sleeping surface) and a bowling ball being dropped next to it without the glass of wine falling over, but once a cover is placed on it plus the fitted sheets etc the same exercise will have a different result. For very light sleepers even the movement of the doona can disturb them. Obviously the larger the mattress the better, our king size actually has two long single cores in one cover which further than minimum disturbance also allows for one sleeper to use the soft side up and the other sleeper the firm side up thus catering for individual comfort levels. Latex mattresses last 25 - years as well.

karen m.

Thanks Jeffrey. I looked at your king size close-up pic and it seemed to be all one piece. Am I mistaken or is that an old photo?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Karen, thank you for your enquiry and good question.
We have used the queen size pics for all sizes and is an illustration as to what the mattresses looks like, once you click on the size you are looking for then the dimensions are provided. The king size is actually two long singles placed next to one another and zipped up in one cover, this allows for two benefits. One sleeper can sleep on the firmer side and the other on the softer side, also should you wish to move the mattress to another room or house the cover can be unzipped and the single cores carried one at a time. You will not feel anything different where the cores are placed next to one another.

trev
trevasked
Mattress

how long before an indent exceeding 2.5 centimeters can be expected?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Trev, thanks for the enquiry, the reason we sell European latex is that they declare and test your loss over 10 years, the maximum loss on a Zenna over 10 years is 4% or 1cm, if you regularly rotate your mattress it won't even be that much, warm regards, Zenna.

Jason W.
Jason W.asked
Mattress Single

Hello,
We're looking to get a single mattress for our 4 year old, but we will also need a base as well. I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a good fit with your mattress?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Jason, thanks for the query, the beauty of latex is that you can put it on anything as being rubber it doesn't lose it's shape, but the more air circulation the better, so we recommend slatted bases with slats no further than 10cm's apart, warm regards, Zenna.

kate
kateasked
Mattress Queen

What is the delivery time for Perth?

Hi Kate, thanks for the query, about 5 working days, warm regards, Zenna

peterasked
Mattress Queen

Where are your mattresses made? what are they made from or with? and are they treated with any chemicals?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Peter, thanks for the enquiry, our mattresses are made in Europe from 100% natural rubber sap from the tree and no, not treated with chemicals.

Please feel free to call on 02 9437 6172 we have 35 years experience in this industry.

Regards Jeff

peter

we live in sisters beach Tas. here can we see your mattresses?

Jeffrey W.Zenna

Hi Peter, don't know how this slipped through and we apologise for not responding earlier. We are an online business thus no showrooms and this is where our 100 day trial comes in.
Warm regards
Dave

Elfrida A.
Elfrida A.asked
Mattress King Single

There is an offer you guys are offering? I also saw it on https://www.reecoupons.com/view/nest-bedding, and I found there good deals, plz tell me about discount codes?

Hi Elfrida,
Thank you for your enquiry. The link you have provided is for Nest-Bedding who are based in America and is not representative of Zenna. We offer an every day best price and do not have promotions or sale periods.

Lea
Leaasked
Mattress

Hi- I am looking at buying a new mattress & have been researching quite a lot. I need to have a softer feel as I have bad hips & circulation problems in one leg. I am a side sleeper. I also sleep hot. I was concerned yours would be too firm for my needs. I also just read that it's best on a slatted base but I only have a traditional ensemble base and really can't afford to replace this too. Thank you , Lea J.

Hi Lea,
Thank you for reaching out to us. A Latex mattress because it is natural rubber does not lose its shape and can be placed on any base (preferably one with airflow) and if yours is still good then no need to replace, it is well suited for most folks and is also zoned which makes provision for hips and shoulders thus alleviating pressure points. The Zenna also is a genuine medium and has a firmer and softer side (marginal difference) so you can flip the mattress for the feel that you prefer. The mattress is well ventilated and should not contribute toward making you hot. Most folks have individual comfort level requirements thus you are not alone, please give us a call on 02 94376172 and we will happily guide you through your situation and explore what is suitable for you.
Warm regards
Dave

Gaile White
Gaile White

Hi Lea,
Latex is fantastic for a number of reasons, if you need it to be extra soft I know Zeena have a topper you can buy as well. Ours is on a normal bed base and we dont find it hot and we are also side sleepers. I hope that helps
Kind regards

Gaile Huskins
Tamborine Mountain Qld

Get an answer from our members and Zenna representatives

Zenna Mattress