A.H. Beard Questions & Answers

Verifiedahbeard.com
Lois D
Lois D

We have purchased our bed in Apr 2019 and it is now having trouble with the remote of raising it, etc. Would it be a matter of changing the batteries?

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Lois, Yes, this could be one reason why the base is not raising. If you change the batteries and are still having trouble you may need to re-sync the remote to the base.

Mike B.

Hi there i put in a warranty claim on the 8-6-23 was sent a follow up email with some questions which i answered and have had no follow up after that how long does it normally take for someone to get back to me? thanks Mike

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Mike, Can you please provide your claim reference number and I will look into this for you.

Joanne

It is AHB-64129-X1N4LO thanks

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Mike, Thank you, I have looked into your claim and it doesn't appear that we have received any photos or information from you. Can you please resend to claudia@ahbeard.com as she is the customer service representative in WA. I will also let her know you have reached out, and she may call you.

Joanne

Janne
Janne

Oh gosh. This is a lesson learned. Will look elsewhere! Further, this company is different to that of the established Slumberland in Australia.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Janne, Is there anything we can assist you with?

Mike B.

After emailing back and forth with the same questions that i answered a couple of times still not getting anywhere decided that rather than repair this bed which was not cheap will just buy a new one

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Mike, If there is an issue with the mattress this will be repaired under warranty and would be at no cost. I can have the team investigate your claim for you.

Sleepless
Sleepless

I have had the same thing happen to me

Fred
Fred

We have a QS Slumberking mattress and base. The Hip and Back model made especially for Beds Plus (Peter Farell). What is the current equivalent to replace it with?

mickeyis007
mickeyis007

I do not know, but I recommend that you talk to the consultant at the bedding dept.

Tee
Tee

It's probably best you do your own research. You will have the best idea of what you want then pick a few to check out in store and see what suits you best. We got an A H Beard mattress as we had one of their mattresses before, but we chose a plusher mattress this time after doing our research. The store we bought it through offered a 120 day money back guarantee so long as we bought a mattress protector as well, so we took up that option as well.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Fred, Thank you for your question, we have sent you a reply and await your response for further information so we can best assist you.

Needacomfortablesleep

I recently purchased a A.H Beard Adjustable Base, I am finding when I move or turn over in bed there are noises and squeaks in the metal frame and the wood of the adjustable base. Is this usual with these adjustable bases?

Rachel
Rachel

We have just bought a split super king adjustable and our one is completely silent, maybe yours is not set up correctly?

Hi Needacomfortablesleep Thank you for your question
We see that you also lodged a review regarding the same concern.

Please can you contact our Customer care Team regarding the issue raised?
We can arrange for an inspection of your base to determine if there are any problems with the product.

Needacomfortablesleep

Your split bed is half the size and would be split down the middle so it would have a totally different support structure and would fold differently and you were probably recommended a different mattress. They are not difficult to screw together and they have several motors definitely not silent.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Needacomfortablesleep We are here to help.
Please lodge a claim so we can follow up on your concerns.
If you have lodged a claim, please let us know the case reference.

Customer Care

Geoffb
Geoffb

Hi we purchased a queen king oil mattress a year ago and would like to know why it feels like the side is down and I feel like I am falling out I do sleep near the edge

Rich M

Guess it depends on the model of King Koil mattress you purchased. We bought the top of the line Domino Sydney also by AH Beard and that has built in side support which is not giving way with pocket coils and all the upgrades and it is soft but supportive and not presenting any problems. Best to check out your mattress model online to see how it was constructed and that should provide the answer. Also, has the mattress seen regular rotation in service as the maker suggests??

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Geoffb, Thank you for reaching out.

We would need to investigate this further for you, and will need need more information. Our mattresses come with a manufacturers guarantee, and we will need to collect your personal information via a warranty claim.

You can start the process filling out this online form at external link . Else you can call us directly on 1300 654 000.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sue J.
Sue J.

How much for a queen ah beard mattress ,firm, please

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Sue J. We are a wholesale business and do not sell directly yo the public.
Our partners will be able to provide further information on products and pricing.
Our website can help you find a retailer near you.

Michelle

I have the exact same problem. I bought a king size medium gabriel and it was wonderful! Then I wanted to move into a smaller bedroom so bought the same make and medium but in Queen size. It was noticeably way way softer from day 1. It sags after 2 years and is a very horrible experience. AH Beard took it away and tested it - they claim that there is nothing wrong with it and sent it back. It SUCKS!!!

My option now, they say, is to pay them $160 to make it more firm (in the hope that the medium queen would then match the medium king).

I dont even know if I want to throw any more good money after bad. This was a $3000 dollar mattress. Pretty poor when it is a lottery as to what a medium will feel like once delivered.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Michelle, Do you have a claim reference number that I can look into this for you?

S R.
S R.

Need help with assembling a AH Beard Uplift Adjustable Bed. Can you assist to suggest how I can organise its transfer from storage and thence to assemble it.

Rich M

Can't answer the storage part as I have no idea what the specifics of that are, but you'll need the instructions to assemble and if you don't have those, best to contact the manufacturer or retailer like we did and request these. Then it's a matter of taking your time, checking all components are together first before assembly and then following the instructions provided. Good luck!

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi S R. Thank you for your question. The User Manual guides the assembly and set-up of your Uplift Base.
If you have misplaced your manual, please copy the link below into your browser to download a copy.

external link

Our website also offers a comprehensive troubleshooting guide.
Please copy the link below into your browser to access the Troubleshooting for the Uplift Base.

external link

If you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact the Customer Care Team.

1300 654 000 -Australia
0800 242 327 New Zealand
customercare@ahbeard.com

Cassie C.
Cassie C.

Good morning. I have a Rydges Dream Mattress and i turn it frequently but it has massive body impressions in it it’s a king and it’s making it uncomfortable to sleep in. Is there anything I can do ? It’s only about 5 year old

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Cassie Thank you for your question. We are sorry to heat your mattress has not met expectation.

We offer a warranty against manufacturing defects for most of its products.
The period of the warranty depends on the product. The Rydges bed has a 10 year warranty for manufacturing defects.
To lodge a Warranty Claim.
Please complete the online form via the below link?
It will provide our team with all the necessary information to help.

Visit external link Contact us followed by Log a Guarantee Issue

Our Bed Care Guide and Guarantee Document is available to download online.
It covers the expectations for your mattress and mattress care and the Terms and Conditions of the warranty
Would you please read it before submitting a claim?

You can download via the link below or by visiting our website
external link
Once we receive your claim, our Customer Care Team will be in touch.
Sue

Lyn Glastonbury
Lyn Glastonbury

I Have just spent time at Bell's cabin Montville. Had the best night sleep. I have asked Julie the owner. She said that she bought the mattress at your Geelong outlet, and to mention that she had bought them there and you could tell me the mattress she bought. I am very interested. Could you please let me know model and price please. Thanks. Marilyn Glastonbury. annelyn2255@gmail.com

A.H. Beard   DM

Good morning Lyn, Thanks for reaching out, and glad to hear of your experience with our product.

I have passed on your information, of which one of our team will be in contact. At any stage if you need to contact us, please feel free to call 1300 654 000.

Susanelis
Susanelis

I have a Hamilton firm mattress, purchased from you some years ago. It is fabulous. What one would be similar now?

Mrs carter
Mrs carter

Considering buying one of your mattresses what can you recommend in a Queen size I have back and hip pain Thanks

Geoff
Geoff

Well we purchased the Austin firm as we like a firm bed but it feels very plush and comfortable at the same time for a good nights sleep, we tested 4 in store and this was our favourite.

Patricia N.

Just bought a Ningaloo AH Beard mattress, has a very strong smell is this normal

Bronwyn Raschke
Bronwyn Raschke

Hi Patricia
We have had lots of issues with A.H. Beard but don’t know about the smell of the mattress. Probably best to call them, their customer care is shocking so you probably won’t get an answer. Sorry I couldn’t help you with this issue. Goodluck

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Patricia N Thank you for purchasing and AH Beard Product. Like most new product they sometimes have that new product smell. this will dissipate over a few days. To speed this up air the mattress in a well-ventilated room with no covering on it.

KLC
KLC

Hi I did not notice any odour at all. Mine was delivered at 1.00pm and I left it airing until 6.00pm. No problem at all.

Eileen Wilkins

Hi, if i purchased a brand new mattress from your company and there was faulty stitching around it. Would you replace the mattress.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Eileen We are sorry to hear that. To make claim please go to this link.
external link and complete.
Look forward to hearing from you or alternatively go to the place of purchase.

Kath
Kath

I apologise for the delay in getting back to your question Eileen.
No faulty stitching

Eileen Wilkins

Thankyou my problem has been sorted.

MacRo
MacRo

Are your answers to customers scripted? I ask this because in response to every complaint there is the same long winded reply that sounds the same.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi MacRo It's not so much of a long-winded answer or scripted. Its because most customers when selecting a mattress our research as shown, select a mattress in under 15min and usually do not take into account their implicit needs. (Initially going for the initial feel and look.) Then we usually find that there is little to no explanation provided to the customer about how to settle a mattress and what to expect over time. This is the reason we make most of our mattresses to be respecified rather than the customer buying an entirely new mattress and going through the whole thing again. We are one of the very few organisations that offer this service.
We want to help.
Are are you able to provide you case reference number?
Look forward to speaking with you.

Linda A.
Linda A.

Does a plush mattress feel firmer when brand new or take time to settle? The shop display felt MUCH softer. Husband has bad arthritis and the two nights we’ve slept on this new mattress he’s had severe hip pain. The old Beard was great. For the price it’s disappointing.

Russell
Russell

The mattress was comfortable from day 1. Great to sleep on.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Linda A Thank you for choosing an AH Beard, we a so excited that you did.
The mattress you tried instore is the future state of the mattress you bought When customers first get their mattress home it's always a little firmer.
The settling in process is critical. It can take between 4 to 12 weeks to settle in depending on the size and weight of the occupants. Ensure you use the entire surface especially the centre(most unused part of any mattress). You want the entire mattress to wear as evenly as possible.
Another point to consider is muscle memory fatigue. What this is, is when you have been used to a mattress for so long getting on to a new mattress means that your body needs to get used to the new support and comfort levels. Once the mattress settles and the occupants readjust it's going to be amazing.
Hang in there.
Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Our email is customercare@ahbeard.com or 1300 654 000.
Customer Care Team
Ps what can also help especially with the conditions you mention just in the initial stages, is a topper. This can be placed under your sheets. This will just take off the edge while it settles.

Darrell M.
Darrell M.

which is the best nattress to dissipate body heat

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Darrell That's a great question and one that is often not considered at the time of purchase.
To help dissipate heat in a mattress there are several way this can be achieved.
a. Fabric treatment like "Adaptive" Fabric treatment featured in Body Balance Lotus at Harvey Norman
b. "Intuition Talalay" featured in Platinum Luxury, Forty Winks
Other things you could consider is the breathability of fabrics and components like:
a. Reflex Support technology is perforated to help increase airflow through the mattress
(Available in our King Koil ICA approved range.)
b. "Aerocomfort: and premium natural fibres also contribute breathability not necessarily heat-dissipating.
Hope that helps. Let me know if we can be of any further assistance.
email customercare@ahbeard.com

Jude
Jude

Who should I speak to about issues with my AH Beard mattress?

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Jude Contact the retailer you purchased it from or contact AH Beard, external link .

Susanne B.
Susanne B.

How do you sleep at night?
What an absolute disgrace to have an Australian made label on it. Low rate quality, faulty design and poor service. Sleep number beds are now discontinued for a reason and we are unable to receive a refund after multiple repairs on a 5 year old $2000+ mattress that is covered by a 10 year warranty. ACCC is our next step.Never ever will we or anyone we know but a bed, mattress or pillow from this disgusting excuse for a company. Save yourself the stress and pick another Australian made brand.

ROCK
ROCK

Only had if a bit over a week. First two nights were awful . By third night we slept through exhaustion. It’s definitely NOT medium comfort nor like it felt in shop. Very disappointing.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Sussanne B We are sorry to hear about your experience.
Are you able to send through your details so that I can review it?

Simon A.
Simon A.

Wow - I was considering buying an AH Beard mattress however based off the reviews it is hard to convince my partner. Do you offer trial periods on your mattresses?

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Simon A There are a few things to consider whenever reading reviews. They're either going to be 1 star or 5 stars the challenge with both these rating is they do not really give a true indication of the mattress performance. The numbers are insignificant given how many we produce.

AH Beard has been around for over 120 years, there are not many bedding companies in Australia that can say that and that in itself tells you something about our products and customer following. The second point is we sell thousands and thousands and thousands of mattresses every year both here and overseas and finally, we are Australian owned employing Australians in 6 States and making our brand Australian made. While this may not mean anything to some, its critically important for our nation.

Whilst we don't offer a trial period we do ask our customers to get properly assessed for the correct mattress rather than going through a process of trial and error which ultimately cost time and money. If for some reason that doesn't work, we make most of our mattresses to be respecifed should the customer choose at a small fee.
When selecting a mattress, consider spending quality time spent upfront, which means a better outcome long term.
Go to a retailer and ask to be assessed, both occupants need to go. It could take 30 minutes from end to end. Ask to be assessed for spinal alignment and support. Comfort, believe it on not is the last item to consider.
Once the correct mattress is chosen then there is a trade-off between comfort and support. The retailer can assist you in making a decision. Remember, the mattress can take up to 12 weeks to settle and your body to adjust to the new surface. The retailer model is the future state of your mattress.

You can find our dealer network here: external link
I hope that helps, let us know if can be of any further assistance.
You can contact us on email customer care@ahbeard.com or phone on 1300 654 000.
Thank you again for contacting us.

LE3 KOOL
LE3 KOOL

Stay away, you are going to be Lied too, Cheated, $cammed and Ripped off, and your warranty, they will blame you, even if every claim is for the same thing, they will void your warranty and blame you for the low grade, poor quality parts used, they use rubbish chinese parts used in this garbage mattress.....You have been warned.!!!

Michelle

I wouldn't ever buy from them again either. Very much pot luck if you get a good bed or not.

I don't know if I want to throw any more good money after bad. This was a $3000 dollar mattress. Pretty poor when it is a lottery as to what a medium will feel like once delivered.

Jennifer

I complained on a product review site, not sure which one it was but cannot find it now.
I complained about a AH Beard named Sleepsense with a mechanical base. It is about 1-2 years old maybe. We paid just on I think $4,700.
I made the complaint approximately November/early December 2019. A customer service agent phoned me and got things moving, ie organised for someone to inspect the bed. We advised that the bed was like a hammock and it smelt.
A rep came out yesterday morning, he was quite nice. The smell was horrific. He up-ended the mattress and it was full of mould. This is not an ordinary mattress, it has two rubber blow up things on each side. The bed has never been under a window and it has never had water on it. I asked if he had seen this before and he said "yes".
He immediately said the bed needs to be replaced and that someone would call me that afternoon about having the bed replaced. He agreed it was a health hazard. He also said he couldn't guarantee the mould appearing again when the mattress was replaced.
My husband has had cancer not long ago and I'm very upset about this whole thing, he has slept in that room the last maybe 6 months maybe more with the mould, we never thought it was coming from the bed we thought it was something outside, coming in through the window, but even though we would close the window the smell remained. Lately my husband has smelt of it. He picks me up from the station in the evenings, when I get into the car I smell the bloody bed.
A lady phoned me from AH Beard that afternoon as I was told they would. She advised me that the mattress would be replaced but not the base. I told her the base, which has a padded sort of material thing around it stinks also. I also advised her that the inspector advised us when he inspected the bed that he could not guarantee that when the bed was replaced it wouldn't happen again (ie the mould reappearing). I advised her this was a health issue and needed urgent attention and that I wanted the whole bed replaced, a new bed we do not want the same bed knowing it could happen again
She said that she would need to speak to the inspector because she was told to advise me - the mattress was only to be replaced. Again I told her the base of the mattress smelled putrid, even the carpet stinks in the room.
I moved out of the room, bought myself another bed about 6-9 months ago, cost me just on $1200. The smell has progressively got worse. I feel very nauseous when I go into the room and when I smell it on my husband. After discovering the mould yesterday morning he moved into the other bedroom with me. I'll be moving my clothes out of the wardrobe this weekend because they are in the room.
Hopefully they'll do the right thing.... but doesn't look good at this point. Paying $4700 for a bed you would not expect to experience this, further you would expect immediate attention from the manufacturer. It is a health hazard. I haven't heard from them yet, no missed calls and it is 2.30pm. I will need to go to Fair Trading on Monday morning if I do not hear from them by close of business today.

Not a happy sleeper
Not a happy sleeper

Hi Jennifer, did you get a response by Friday? I wrote to manager last week stating all our issues, but to date no answer. I'm not holding my breath!!

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Jennifer Thank you for taking my call.
We were very surprised at the issue as we have not come across this before.
We are happy to have solved this for you.
Customer Care Team.

A.H. Beard   DM

Hi Not happy sleeper, Could you please email me your details on this platform in the message section and I will follow that up.
Kind Regards